Camelot Network Solutions Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

“Hey, do you think we could stop somewhere and get something to eat?” Tristan was feeling a little hungry. The meal he had on the plane sucked.

“Sure, is there anywhere, in particular, you want us to stop at?” Gloria was driving, with Kay sitting next to her.

“I’m not picky.” Tristan just wanted a nice burger and a cold drink.

Gloria spotted a nice non-chain burger joint. The place was called The Beef Shack. As she parks and cut the engine off.

“I’m sending Morgana a text telling her where we are.” Gloria sends Morgana a text.

“This looks like a good place to have lunch.” Kay grabs her purse and head inside with Tristan following behind her.

Just as they walk into the place, they could smell the beef cooking in the back. Tristan takes a deep sniff of the air.

“Oh, I think I’m in love.” Tristan loved what he was smelling.

Tristan inhales again and just hold the smell in his lungs. He was so enjoying the smell of cooked beef.

“How many in your party?” Jessica saw two young women and one guy who had his eyes closed and looked like he was enjoying the smell in the restaurant.

“Just us three.” Gloria looks around the place.

“If you’ll follow me please.” Jessica turns around and leads them to a table.

Gloria, Kay, and Tristan follow Jessica to a nice table. As they were walking, Gloria notices they had a nice salad bar. Shew as thinking a nice
salad would be nice.

Once they were seated “Would you like something to drink?” Jessica looks at the three.

“I would love a sweet Ice Tea.” Gloria loved ice tea.

“Make that two.” Kay wanted one as well.

“I would love a nice cold beer if you have any.” Tristan knew a cold beer goes well with a nice steak.

Jessica writes down his order. She’ll bring him one of their most popular ones.

“I’ll be back with your drinks.” She walks off to get them their drinks.

“I can’t wait to see how their steaks taste.” Tristan inhales again and enjoys the smell of cooking steaks.

Their drinks are brought over by a woman named Sam. She takes their order and brings back a few plates for Gloria and Kay to visit the salad
bar. Tristan enjoys his beer and when his steak arrives, he enjoys that as well.

1587 County Road 396, Gonzales, TX:
Caroline was busy fixing Laila’s bedroom the way she had asked her how she wanted it. She couldn’t believe she was going to be a mother. She had dreamed of her and Bart having children. She couldn’t carry any children and Bart had a low sperm count.

When Bart called and talked to her about adopting two girls from England, who had been abused. She jumped at the chance. To be their mother and had been in contact with them. Julia was the oldest and she wanted to know everything about her. Her sister Laila had health problems and has type 1 diabetes. Which meant she will always have to take insulin.

Caroline didn’t care what health problems either girl had. She will make sure they get whatever they need. Julia was a transgender child and she’ll make sure she gets the proper doses of estrogen. She’ll give her any medical treatments she will want. She’ll be just like her aunt Dakota and her cousin Katie

Shigeko had sent her everything she had dug up on the girls, including their medical records. Shigeko had managed to get their school records and trace their family background. Shigeko had told her that Countess Charlotte Basset has a person arranging paperwork saying that Julia and Laila were her children. She knew Jack was working on getting the girls permeant citizenship through his contact in Immigrations.

As she touches up the paint in Laila’s room. She hears her cell phone beep at her, letting her know she had gotten a text message. It was from a person name Morgana. She tries to remember if Bart ever mentioned Morgana before as she reads the text. Her eyebrows raised up when she comes to the part about nanites and reprogramming them with a person’s medical data.

She would love to see this technology. She sends a reply to Morgana informing her she would like to know more about this. If it would be better for her to fly out to her, she could.

Camelot Network Solutions:
Morgana hears her cell phone beep informing her she has a new text. She looks and notice it was Dr. Caroline Hardy. She reads the text and a smile appears on her face. Dr. Hardy was willing to come out to Camelot to see how the nanites work.

Morgana asked when she would be available to come out. This way she can have someone waiting to pick her up. She’ll send some of the research she has done already to Dr. Hardy.

Once she sends the email off. She goes back to work making sure all the system was working right. She knows Lancelot, Arthur and Troy have been working syncing everything and working out the bugs. Morgana glances at the clock and wonder where Gloria, Kay and Tristan were.

She activates the tracking chip on Gloria’s car and finds them at The Meat Shack. She just smiles as she goes back to work.

A few hours later, Gloria, Kay and Tristan arrive at Camelot Network Solutions. Tristan couldn’t believe how the place looked. It looked like he was pulling up to a Castle.

“What did you guys do, transport a Castle from Europe?” Tristan couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“No, the owner of the building had it done. We generate all our own energy here. All the windows you see are solar collectors. Than we had
the wind generators behind us up on the hill.” Gloria parks her car and gets out.

Tristan looks at the parking lot “I’ve never seen anything like this before.”

He kneels and touches the surface of it. He runs his hands over the surface.

“How did you guys come up with this?” Tristan looks up towards Kay.

“We didn't, there’s a company that did. It collects solar energy and transforms it into electricity. We also have geothermal energy generators. So, we are completely off the grid.” Gloria takes Tristan into the building and to security to get his identity card.

Tristan couldn’t believe the set-up. There were security guards on duty checking everyone. As Gloria is walking in, she spots Keven and Selena.

“Keven, Selena I didn’t know you were working for Morgana.” Gloria missed those two. The last time she saw them was when she worked with Morgana on that one job for Anika.

“Gloria, I heard you had joined Morgana.” Selena gives her a hug.

Keven just smile at her “Anika told me to protect Morgana. So, I came to work for her as head of security. Selena’s my second. She’s been on vacation.”

“No wonder I haven’t seen her around. I need Tristan cleared for Alpha level.”

“His security clearance has already been approved and completed.” Keven hands Tristan his id cards.

“Mr. Tristan, I need for you to come over here, so we can get your biometrics into the system.” Selena had everything she needed to enter him in the system ready.

Selena does Tristan’s biometrics. She triples checks everything making sure they were correct and worked.

“There’s one more security measure we have, and I need your permission to continue on. All Alpha class people get chipped. There are
certain rooms in this place that for you to enter. You need to have a chip in your body. The doors won’t even open unless you have the chipped.” Selena had hers and so did Keven.

“Well, since I’m Alpha level, go ahead and insert the chip.” Tristan figures in for a penny, in for a pound.

Selena gets the chipping gun and inserts Tristan’s chip. She picks up a scanner and tests it. The computer automatically registers him and
display his information and security clearance.

“Welcome to Camelot, Mr. Tristan.” Selena watches as Gloria shows him around.

“All alpha level people have quarters here at the Castle, Mr. Tristan. Yours is direct across from Kay’s here.” Gloria shows Tristan’s his new apartment at the Castle.

“Thanks, Gloria and Kay.” As Tristan walks into his new apartment.

“You’re welcome.” Kay goes to her room

Gloria goes to find Morgana.

up
226 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting setup

wonder if there is a safe place where kids can play?