Mia - Chapter 1 - 5

Printer-friendly version

Mia.

By Brianna Luna

Jeremiah was always a little different. He tried to fit in, but never quite managed. It wasn't until around his 16th birthday that he actually realized the problem, and Mia was born. Mia is a story of transition, of new beginnings and familiar pains. With support from her Mom, and her best friend Mia is growing into the woman that she always should have been.

***This story contains smoking. If you don't like characters smoking don't say I didn't warn you. (It also includes a touch of underage drinking and some general disobedience***

This PDF contains the first five chapters.

MIA.pdf (258.69 KB)

up
55 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

apologies

kristina l s's picture

I intended to read this, but if you will not post it here... Sorry I won't follow some link to wherever.

Kristina

If there is a way to post the PDF here I will

I wanted to post it here. If someone knows how to post PDF's on big closet so I dont have to store it off site, I'd appreciate it.

Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

Inline PDF

Hi,

Yes, there is an option. When creating the page, there is a link option just below the body. You can upload the file then onto the TopShelf system and it will automatically create a link into the page.

I have done this for you this time, just to remind myself how to do it!

Karen

Thank you!

That's awesome. I couldn't find that option. I wanted to post this story the other day, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thank you again.

Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

Images and Links

erin's picture

Uploading images and links is part of a module called IMCE, only logged in Authors and Editors can use that, since it reserves space on the server for each person who has the capability. I've upgraded your account to Author so you should see the options at the bottom of the Body field when inputting your next story. :)

Thanks for posting!

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

This story is Aussum!

Brianna; This was a great story, really enjoyed it! Are you going to write any more chapters to it? Richard

Richard

Smokin'!

As in smokin' hot!

Whew! Still trying to cool off after reading this story.

Well written and grammatically edited, but several typos slipped through the spell-checker, things like similar words and homonyms. All these years since they were developed, how come spell-checkers still make the same mistakes? I remember, some eons ago, back before Windows, when CPUs were measured in single-digit megahertz, there was a program to check grammar and word usage that cost a ton of bucks, but worked. How come, what happened, why isn't something like it part of today's word processors?

Anyway, I for one think you're a fabulous new addition to the list of authors here, and I hope you'll stick around for a bit!

Brianna, your story rocks

and gripped me into reading it from start to finish last night. As Pippa has mentioned, I noticed several typos but just let them slide on by because the wording and content had me moved. Mia is a very believable and fun character that you have created. My emotions are still reeling from having dropped myself inside her and lived within her for that short time.

When and if you ever feel the need to continue a sequel of sorts or write a new story thats completely different, I do have you added to my story watch list and will be right there to read it!

Thank You Vey Much Brianna! *hugs*
 

    Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf

Thank you!

Thanks for the great comments. I really appreciate it.
I am working on the rest of the book, I just couldn't wait to get what I'd already done posted.
I'm sorry some typos still slipped in there...I did most of the editing around four in the morning and, to be honest, I'm not the best editor of my own material. I sometimes see what I think I wrote instead of what I actually typed. I am a professional writer (in a different genre), and usually have evil editors with virtual red pens tearing apart my material, so comments on grammar and such will not bother me...they are actually welcome.

But, I will probably re-edit and compile that sucker again as soon as I can.

I will also probably post the rest of the book one chapter at a time until it is finished.
Chapter six is almost finished and the rest will follow quickly behind. I have a paid writing job I have to finish at this summer so I may have to take a break from the fun writing to work on that, but I promise, all of Mia's story will be told.

Thank you for the nice comments, and I'm glad to be here and have an outlet for my more risque fiction.

Kisses,
Bri

BTW, Sephrena...Could you tell me how to put my pic in my signature block? Thanks.

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

Not surprising

laika's picture

really, that you mention being a professional writer. That word professional did pop into my head a bunch of times as I was reading this story. Enjoyable well-crafted prose, and the characters especially were solid, how you dipped into their heads, making them memorable flesh and blood folk. Who wouldn't want to have a freind like Tot? The mom was good too, the whole of her life, not just being a component of Mia's. And Robin's vacillation and soul searching over his feelings toward Mia showed both his decency and his human frailty. I might have preferred a bit more conflict, but this book's not over yet, and it presented a wonderful fantasy of a life going from a middling sort of muddling through to really interesting freinds, love and excitement, gorgeousness and gorgeosity ................. And oh, the sex wasn't too shabby either.
~~~hugs, Laika

THank you very much

This is not the kind of stuff I normally write, so this was a little vacation for me. I write very boring technical work mostly, so getting to actually write a story was dreamy. There will be a lot more conflict as the story goes on. I glossed over some issues that I'm revisiting in memory in later chapters. There is still a lot of soul searching to come, from more than just one character. Chapter six is almost done, and only about 20 chapters to go to actually finish the novel.

I'll try to keep the words coming as fast as I can.

Kisses,
Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

Mia

nikkiparksy's picture

This was an excellent story it kept me riveted till the end loved the subject and how it was so well handled.Glad too hear there is more too come as i am looking forwaed too reading it .Thank you .

Whoa! My head is spinning!

Hey Bri,
I've only read the first 33 pages, but I had to pause to let you know how much I've enjoyed them. I don't want to finish it too fast because I'm afraid I won't see anything written this well about this subject for a very long time. Your story gives me warm shivers and goose bumps.
Thansk
sv

Hi, Slimv!

Virginia Slims, Darling! I was thinking about you through this whole story! Hope you've been well. Looks like you've got a new sister-in-crime now!

That's brilliant!

I mean if you just put it in a PDF you could post the whole story instead of just posting one chapter at a time, like the others here do. Interesting way to cheat the system ^^

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Thanks Princess

I had written too much to break it down like that, so I was stuck with PDFing the whole thing.
Glad you like.

Hugs, Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

Actually

I'm still reading that story, I'm almost done ^^ It's so long T_T
*edit* Okies I'm finished

I liked this story but I believe the protagonist has made some very bad choices. She has taken up smoking and drinking and that's going to ruin her body, but hopefully she understands this. I've seen people who are so addicted to smoking that they'd sell their body for a cigarette and often pick used ones off the ground, it really is sad.

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Bad choices

Bad Choices are part of life. We all make them..some of them are more fun than other though.

Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

Smoking bad, refraining from smoking good?

You have a blockbuster here---narrative, pace, character, and plot!

I smoked in the army (Sobranie Black Russians), but became very ill when I came back to D'Urban---so ill in fact, that I "got over the hump."

But ...

If I could afford it, I'd start again immediately: better concentration, the pleasure of a fag with one's morning tea, pissing off militant non-smokers---what's there not to like?

Warm regards,

Chris.