Avenging Angel Chap. 7

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

When Gypsy arrives at the hospital, Ralph was still unconscious. She would love to know who ran them off the road and why Andy’s team were spying on them. She heads home after visiting Ralph.

The next day while she and Pat are doing some routine testing on the armor. Her cell phone starts ringing. Gypsy pulls it out to see who it was

“hello?”

“Hi Gypsy, this is Sergeant Major Nathan Washington, if your offer is still available for testing the armor, I am available. I have also spoken with the base commander and he has agreed to let you use the training grounds here Fort Indiantown Gap.” Nathan knew Gypsy and her partner were going to need a testing grounds for the armor.

Gypsy knew they were going to need a testing ground for the armor. Also, the base Nathan was talking about was about a two-hour drive from the college. Which meant they would need some sort of work van to make repairs and record what they did.

“Okay, but you need to come in, so we can take measurements of your body.” Gypsy and Pat would need to construct and adjust the prototype armor to his body.

“Okay, what day is good for you two?” Nathan was taking a few days of leave to do what he needed for them.

“Tomorrow would be good. If you could come in for a couple of hours. We could get everything done and have the armor adjusted for testing by this weekend.” Gypsy had a mechanic friend of hers she could buy a van from.

She had the equipment they would need at work, she could purchase and fix. She also knew an electronics store she could buy equipment from.

“What time tomorrow?” Nathan didn’t have anything planned, so he was free all day long.

“Could you be here at 8:00 am tomorrow?” She and Pat were coming in early tomorrow to analyze some data.

“I think I can do that. Any particular place I’m supposed to park?” Nathan didn’t know if

“Yes, I’ll send you everything you need and let security know. Can you give me your email?” Gypsy grabs a pen and a piece of paper.

“It’s [email protected]” Nathan didn’t like giving out his true email. He uses this one from his military site.

“Okay Nathan, I’ll send everything you need to this address. See you tomorrow.” Gypsy ends the call.

When she looks over towards Pat, she notices he had stopped what he was doing to listen to her conversation.

“That was Nathan and he has agreed to be our test subject for the armor. Also, he got permission from the base commander where he is
stationed to test the suit of armor there.” Gypsy had scouted out a few places to test the armor, but the military base is a good place to do the
testing.

“How far away is the base?” Patrick was curious about how much travel they might have to do.

“It’s a two-hour drive to the base. So, we're looking at four hours round trip. In addition, we need a test and repair vehicle while we're testing
the armor.” Gypsy was mentally thinking about what they were going to need out in the field.

“Your right about that. Do you know anyone we can get either a cargo or box truck from?” Pat figures either one would be decent enough for them.

“I know a mechanic I ask advice from. He might have what we need in his storage yard. As for stocking it with testing equipment. I can get what we need from work and repair or modify them for purposes.” Gypsy knew she could find what they need from the salvage yard.

Her boss bought a lot of surplus military or civilian equipment. Sometimes, all the equipment needed was a new capacitor or a new board inside. She normally, fix it and use it herself at her station or send it down the line to for resell.

“Do we have the money to buy a vehicle?” Patrick knew Gypsy normally handled their funds for what they needed.

“Don’t worry, if my mechanic friend has what we need, I’ll be able to get it for cheap.” Gypsy had a few car parts she could horse trade for the
vehicle.

“That reminds me, how is Ralph doing?” Pat remembered that Ralph was still in the hospital.

“He’s still unconscious. The police are looking into who caused the accident. They managed to get a description of the car that hit us. A truck
driver saw the car and reported it.” Officer Green had called her and let her know they had a lead.

“What nasty device or idea have you come up with, to get even with Adam and his team?” Pat knew Gypsy could come up with some nasty ideas.

An evil smile appears on her face “I built a mini-emp generator to put a damper on his devices.”

“How are you going to get that device into their lab?” Patrick would love to see their faces.

“I am paying the janitor to let me slip into their lab. That’s the only way they could have gotten into our lab. Once I’m in, I am going to leave this little box that we can remotely turn off and on.” Gypsy shows Pat the emp generator she built last night.

“You know, they might have hidden cameras watching the lab.” Pat had set one up in their lab to watch who might be coming in.

“Got that covered as well. I’ll be back in a little bit.” Gypsy leaves their lab and looks around for Hector.

Hector was a nice guy and for the right price would let you in non-faculty offices or labs. Gypsy knew Adam and his team weren’t working today. She finds Hector cleaning a classroom.

“Hey, Hector. How has your day been so far?” Gypsy approaches Hector carefully.

Hector spots Gypsy walking towards him. He had his headset on and didn’t hear her.

“Hey Gypsy, what can I do for you?” He lowers his headset.

“I need a favor and I’m willing to pay you to do it.” Gypsy notices that Hector lowered his headset, which means he didn’t hear her.

“Let me guess, you want to get even for what Adam and his team did to you?” Hector saw the remains of the drones Adam’s team were working on.

“What do you know about that?” Gypsy wonders if he had something to do with it.

“Look, I saw the smashed drones in your wastebasket. His team shouldn’t have spied on you. You two shouldn’t start a war with one another.”
Hector knew if they did, neither team would win.

Hector knew how Adam and his team were trying to beat Gypsy and Patrick. The two of them were geniuses and anything they came up with, would be hard to beat.

“That doesn’t excuse them for what they did.” Gypsy still hasn’t forgiven them.

“I know, but starting a war with them, is senseless. Let it go, for now, Gypsy.” Hector didn’t want to see Gypsy or her partner get hurt.

“Thanks for the advice.” Gypsy heads back to her lab. She was going to get even with them, one way or another.

Pat looks up when Gypsy walks in “so, did Hector help you?”

“No, he said I shouldn’t try to get revenge for what they did.” Gypsy wanted revenge for what they did.

“So, he must have helped them then.” Pat figures Hector must have let them into their lab. He and Gypsy kept things locked up tight in their lab.

“Maybe we should change the lock on our lab door?” Gypsy looks towards the current lock.

“Can’t we would need to get approval first. You know how much trouble we had to go through to get our safe and some of our equipment.” They had to explain why they needed everything.

“Well, once we get the van or truck. We can lock everything up in it.” Gypsy places the emp generator back in her purse.

“Let’s get everything set-up for Nathan tomorrow.” Pat starts setting up the equipment they were going to need to construct the kinetic suit.

up
236 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

the question is why are they

the question is why are they spying on them are they trying to steal their ideas or are they trying to sabotage them

Uh . . .

Yes


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I wonder what kind of trouble

I wonder what kind of trouble Andy and his team would get into if DARPA knew they were spying on them

When you turn the other cheek

You end up with two bruised cheeks. There has to be another way to get that emp generator in place.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive