SWTOR: The Wish of One Affected the Other: Tatooine

Printer-friendly version

Child of the Emperor

I was so glad to be back in my home. Strange how I think a ship is more home than anything. I changed into a simple ship jumper and relaxed on my bed. I cycled through the holodramas and found one that would take up some time. As my movie started, the ship lifted off. Not long after that my door chimed.

"Come in."

"Master Jedi, General Var Suthra is on the holo requesting to speak with you."

"Is it urgent?"

"Highest priority."

"Very well." I pulled on a simple robe and straightened my hair. I really needed to get it cut again, but C2 wasn't the best at hair styling. I moved to the holo where Var Suthra stood there waiting.

"You are getting hard to get a hold of, but that ship is an Aurodium mine of information."

"What can I do for you general? We are about to jump to Tatooine."

"We got a message from one of Darth Angral's closest advisers, Admiral Haklin. He has asked us for asylum. He wants to defect."

"What has this to do with us?" My mind was reeling from the implications. Kira was not interrogated at Ord Mantel and there would be not reason for them to use Haklin as bait. Did I not break the script enough to avoid this encounter? Then again the story was still going, but differently.

"Not sure, but the Admiral is on the run and there are unconfirmed reports that Haklin has earned a death mark."

"This is an obvious trap, but I have a feeling that we need to do this. No need to explain further, general, we will head there as soon as we have the coordinates."

"I agree since her requested to surrender only to Kira. Sending the data you will need of the mining facility."

"Lt Zetta change course to this location. Kira we have some things to discuss. General I will talk to you again when we reach Tatooine."

He had other things to say, but I just let him talk. He finally cut the signal once he was finished. Kira held this smirk on her face until I grabbed her hand and dragged her back to my cabin. Her confusion was concealing her guilt of what she was thinking.

"Master?"

"We have to talk."

"What about?"

"You have not told me much of your past and I would think that we have gotten close enough for you to do so, but I feel you are holding back. Like it would change everything."

"Is it about being a child of the emperor?"

"So you do remember?"

"Yes, and I am sorry I really haven't talked about it."

"I can understand, but this admiral is not who we are going to find. We will face one of your brothers. Valis, I think his name was."

"Valis, the name is familiar, but I don't remember him."

"Fair enough, but I just want to let you know that I am here for you and if possible we are to take him alive. I think we can help free him from the emperor's grasp."

"I doubt that is possible. If I meditate too long I feel the emperor searching for me." I gave her a hug which she stiffened up at first, but then relaxed. I felt closer to her as she did so and I giggled with the feeling. She opened up as we broke the hug and talked about a series of random events growing up on Dromund Kaas. I felt her fear and anger fad away after each little story bit by bit until she was much calmer in her presence. We trained and practiced together until we reached the old mining facility. I could feel her anxiety increase as we entered the facility. T7 was with us, and he opened the door to the hanger that showed a single figure standing next to his ship. I felt his presence was tainted by the emperor, his calm concealing his anger, confidence, and fear.

"Greetings, I am Valis. Your quick response is most appreciated. Please forgive the deception. Admiral Haklin remains a faithful servant of Darth Angral. His name simply made this meeting convenient." I felt Kira's reaction as she remembered him. Knowing I knew allowed her to remain silent instead of calling for his death.

"Valis I know about you before we left Tython. The surprise you have planned will fall flat as I know Kira used to be a child of the emperor, but she is not longer. She is a Jedi and there is nothing you can say to change that. She will not return to his cold embrace like you hoped. However, I do have one question, why are you here if she did not get interrogated on Ord Mantel? How did he rediscover her?"

"Then I see I am at a disadvantage, but no matter that you do not know how he found out. He will get her back or she will die." His lightsaber ignited as I reached out my hand. His surprise washed over his face as he went flying back. He recovered and jumped at us as I pushed him again. Over and over he tried to get closer. He tossed loose objects at me and I heard a familiar voice in my ear as I tossed him in a different direction. He landed awkwardly and struggled to his feet as Ingo and Aric rushed to disarm him. Sanusha and Risha held sniper rifles aimed at his head until he was bound.

"Great timing as always."

"Was a bit hard getting her, but it is good to know those creatures really work."

"How am I cut off from the Force?"

"Not cut off completely, but dampened down so far as to be unable to connect to the Force. Cut off from the emperor's control. I am sure the healers on Tython will help you heal."

"No Jedi will twist my mind and become emotionless slaves." His jaw moved just before he swallowed. Seconds later his mouth started to foam as he went into a seizure.

"Valis no!" Kira went to her knees as he twisted as he died.

"Not the way I would want to go."

"I guess we are done here."

"I do not understand how he could be so determined not to be a slave to not realize he was one already? Come Kira let the men deal with his remains." I pulled her from the floor, and she turned into my shoulder as she let her emotions out.

"I can't push it away. I can't give it to the Force." We were in the bubble of the ysalamiri's influence. That she had no control over her emotions was interesting as I felt for her.

"Secure his ship for the SiS, and we'll meet you on Tatooine if our paths cross."

"You owe us a few rounds for this one."

"Take care." I guided Kira back to the airlock as Corso aimlessly followed. He had one of the racks on his back, and I was surprisingly glad he had followed. It made me learn something and an idea came to me.

"Corso come here and give me the ysalamiri. I will need a nutrient pack as well."

"Oh no need, we refilled the tanks a few hours ago. She will be good for another four weeks."

"Be a sport and get one, please." I leaned in and against my better judgment gave him a peck on the cheek. His face reddened as mine warmed up at my impulsiveness. He scrambled away which allowed me to sigh. Kira giggled and I looked at her.

"You like him."

"I do, but I shouldn't have."

"But you did." I shrugged just before I smiled. Kira caught the mischievous look, but not fast enough to prevent me from kissing her cheek. She pulled free of my grasp and rushed into the ship as I had to carry the rack with me. Kira tried to escape to her room, but I set the ysalamiri down in the lounge before I raced after her. She had frozen before her room as the Force hit me as I left the bubble. As much as I had experienced it on Myrkr, I was still surprised by the Force rushing back inside of me. Of our bond flaring showing each other our emotions. It washed out everything else.

She turned as I stepped forward, and we had the same thought. We did not resist as suddenly we were kissing. There was no shock or surprise between us just the simple desire to be closer than we should be. As excitingly wrong as it was it felt right. I loved her with all my being and I felt that love returned. This was not lust and it would not lead to us becoming lovers. Even if it did it somehow felt as if it was just another part of who we had become. The kiss broke as a calm I had never felt came over us.

"T'aa, I am..."

"So am I." I squeezed her in a hug. We had much to talk about. Corso came by and Tansy took the pack from him.

"Um, where is T'aa?"

"She is busy, Jedi business."

"Oh, I guess I'll be going."

"So soon, handsome." He turned and looked at her and fumbled for something to say. She just giggled as she took the pack into the ship. Corso came to his senses as she disappeared behind the door. He then smiled as he walked back to the light freighter thinking this girl liked him, and she wasn't a Jedi.

Truth and First Son

Kira went into my cabin and settled down on the couch there. When she was growing up on Dromund Kaas she was discovered and moved to Korriban to train with other Force sensitives. Her life was full of fear and danger, mixed in with abuse of every kind. At six, she killed her first beast and told me how slowly she noticed the other children being taken away and coming back not remembering anything from the time they were gone. When it started happening to her she told of how she escaped and of her times on the different planets until she found herself on Nar Shaddaa. It was there that Master Kiwiiks had found her and her time as a Jedi started. I knew all of this, but hearing it first hand and feeling her emotions as she remembered gave me much more insight into who she really was.

Later I gave my report to Var Suthra in text only as I had changed the destination to Tython. Kira needed to come clean with the Jedi Council. I felt it was something that would further her growth to let go of the past and to know that it was just that in the past. I wanted to tell Kira about Master Syo Bakarn role in all this, but I had a feeling it would be better if it was a surprise for all of them.

"Are we sure we have to do this now, master?"

"We do Kira and it is time we reveal our ace in the hole to the council. Lt Zetta will be carrying the ysalamiri and will come in if I signal her if Master Syo Bakarn is there. He is a risk that we can not have moving free. He may also have known who you were this whole time."

"How will you prove this with not information?"

"No reason why Valis could not have told us? Don't worry if it is revealed, I think Syo Bakarn will turn to the first son persona for us."

"I have a bad feeling about this." I just shrugged, but I also had a feeling this was not going to go as well as I thought it would. Should I really be messing with Cort's destiny? He would be fighting Syo Bakarn on Coruscant. Though I planned to end my story line after I confront the Emperor the first time. We landed on Tython and many memories came to me as we strolled to the council chambers. T7 hung back with the ysalamiri's pack and pulling a sled with the unconscious form of Valis. We had already seen its effect against unsuspecting members of the order.

"Master Satele, my mission has not gone as smoothly as expected. Both, masters, Kiwiiks and Orgus are missing. I will be headed for Tatooine to find Master Kiwiiks first. Certain things have come up that my padawan must reveal part of her past that has become important, Kira?"

"I was born on Dromund Kaas, my parents were Sith." The tension in Kira fled her as she sighed. "Much easier the second time." She took a breath. "There's more, obviously."

"I should hope so. Give me time to assemble the council. Most of us are still off world..." we waited for the council to form and Kira told her story to all of them. She was just finishing as I felt Valis starting to stir.

"...and my master convinced me to come here and tell you. That's pretty much everything."

"We've heard rumors of the Children of the Emperor before, but this finally confirms their existence." Master Syo Bakarn commented.

"Troubling that we never sensed the truth about Kira when Master Kiwiiks brought her to us." Master Tol Braga wondered.

"That makes her especially dangerous. She can't be allowed to remain free." Master Jaric Kaeden finished.

"Kira's master should have a voice in this. What do you recommend?"I nodded at Satele's question befoore I smiled at Kira to reassure her that everything will be fine. I waved T7 forward. He came up and left Valis next to me as he moved around the table to Syo Bakarn. The reactions were surprise and tinged with confusion.

"What you are feeling is the effects of an ysalamiri's Force dampening bubble. Why I do this is because you can not feel the Children of the Emperor because of one person. Valis here is one of those children as well, but the greater threat is the First Son of the Emperor has the ability to shield all the others from detection. That detection has now been severed. Master Syo Bakarn unknowingly has been the First Son all along. As far as my padawan is concerned, we only came here to tell you out of courtesy. Concerning her nothing needs to be done, and as far as the First Son is concerned I believe you will see soon enough."

Master Syo Bakarn jumped to his feet and sent his lightsaber though the backpack T7 was holding killing the ysalamiri as T7 reacted by shocking the master with his weapons as his shield came up. Satele reacted as well along with Master Jaric Kaeden. She pushed him away to slam against the back wall as Jaric tried to take his head off.

"You have all been fooled for so long. Now I will just have to end it here and now. Such a pity." His voice had changed taking on an echo sound as if they were more people speaking perfectly together.

"Syo this is not you. Fight it!" Satele yelled out as Jaric attacked him without pause.

"T7 keep Valis under." I ordered just before we jumped to join the fight against the First Son. The noise became too much to ignore and other Jedi from the temple rushed in only to see chairs flying and blurring light trails left by our blades. Dust and tiny pebbles rained down from the ceiling as the First Son tried several times to bring the ceiling down. Satele pulled in the Force as I managed to push him away as she released a disturbance wave of the Force at him. He dropped to the floor, and we all rushed to him.

"Die Sith scum!" Jaric screamed as he was blocked from killing Master Syo Bakarn by multiple blades.

"Fight him Syo! Take back control remove the shield he has on the other Children of the Emperor." You could see his struggle as he held his head. He screamed out in pain as he started to glow with bright light. At first, it was mixed golden yellow with blood red. It flashed several times before glowing even brighter as it turned completely white.

"It... It's done. The Children's protection is gone. The First Son is still in my mind, but I will never let him have control again."

"We will help you lock him away or remove him." He nodded to Master Satele as he sank back to his knees.

"First Kira, and now one of the Council's own?! I can't abide letting either of them free."

"Master Jaric you are only one voice in this matter." Tol Braga stated as his holo image made him fade in and out as he came closer.

"I will also not let anything happen to Master Syo. Until Master Kiwiiks and Orgus can be reached along with other council members, Master Syo Bakarn will be with the healers to further help him remain in control. Kira will remain with her master as she has shown herself to be a true Jedi. We will discuss this later, Master Jaric." He scowled, but remained silent as I felt that she would be discussing his anger and how quick he was in trying not only to lock Kira up, but to kill, Master Syo Bakarn.

Several other Jedi came up and helped Master Syo out of the chamber as we moved to where T7 guarded Valis.

"Who is this?"

"This is Valis and one of the Children. He will need help to break the Emperor's control over him and someone that can be locked up. He may also be useful in finding other Children that have not been revealed."

"In that case I believe, Kira is best left where she is."

"I will make you all proud even you Master Kaeden." I felt good as we finished up several little things after the battle. That I had stopped Cort's arch enemy was even more proof that I had broken the script. How it would affect his missions I would not know, but I felt through the Force that I had done the right thing. Several hours later we boarded our ship and left Tython.

Tatooine

On the way to Tatooine, we trained and studied the whole time we were under way. Kira and I got closer with each other and the crew. The trip was fairly boring by now and even studying about Tatooine could only go so far, so I was glad when we finally came out of hyperspace.

"General we have reached Tatooine. Any word from Master Kiwiiks?"

"Last we heard. She secured our weapons research facility. She's been missed every comm check since then. Enemy action is the most likely scenario, but on Tatooine anything is possible. Outside of the main settlements the only law is of the wild. People vanish there all the time. Some are lost to the native Sand People, others to natural predators, and the rest who knows? Doctor Godera will brief you on the weapon project. Doctor?"

"The research facility on Tatooine created a device code named the Shock Drum. The weapon discharges massive ultrasonic vibrations into the ground. It damages enemy fortifications at a microscopic level, quite literally softening them up."

"Sustained ultrasonic damage – highly destructive to droid parts." T7 mournfully whistled.

"The vibrations will cripple people if they're close enough, but that is not all. The Shock Drum eventually disrupts the planetary core. At critical mass, the core explodes."

"That device has no place in the Republic." I could see the conflict on the doctor's face as he moved out of view. If it was up to him, the device would be used. Either as a threat or fact.

"We didn't know that at the time. When the full potential came to my attention, I halted the project. However, there is a fully operational prototype at the facility. If Darth Angral has captured it, the results will be catastrophic. With no word from the facility or Master Kiwiiks we must assume the worst."

"I sense Master Kiwiiks through the Force, but I can barely feel her, but I feel she is dying."

"We will find her and the Shock Drum. The Force will guide us to her."

"I do not have any Republic contacts there to assist you. You are on your own. Our facility is located in a remote part of the desert. Transmitting the coordinates. Good luck Var Suthra out." T7 confirmed the location as we moved to the bridge.

"Lt. Zetta we need to land as close to this spot as possible. The area is going to be a hot spot with the natives, so we need to be careful."

"No problem, master Jedi."

"Shouldn't we land at the spaceport?"

"No, it is several hours away on a speeder, and we are short on time." I stayed on the bridge as we came down on the planet. Once the base was on our screens, it didn't look good.

"Multiple life signatures. Are they the Sand People?" Tansy reported as she brought a close up shot of the area. I took it all in as she did so. Seeing the placement of the buildings and where the locals were wandering about.

"Land us right in the middle and fire on the locals inside the compound without hitting any of the buildings. That should get them out of our way and out of the compound. This here should be the main generators so be careful there."

"On it boss." Cer Drostu and Sgt. Ga Kairr moved off to get in their gun turrets. A minute later the chatter from the guns added another vibration to the ship as we flew down. The dots that showed the natives scattered and fled from the facility as we dropped down into the center of the base. Kira, T7, and I rushed to the loading ramp and I jumped down before the ship even got close to the ground. The first group I saw I Force jumped to them, and they were dead seconds later. Between the ship's guns and the ship the natives were either running or shooting at the ship. My entrance attracted their fire, but each bolt that came our way was blocked or sent right back at them with deadly accuracy. Within minutes the facility was cleared.

"T7 get those generators back online, Tansy and Flint help him. The rest of you keep guard on them. Kira you are with me." I heard several yes sirs as we rushed to the main building. Inside was worse as some of the natives had fled inside and each one of them was armed. We received a wave of blaster bolts that had the same effect against any Jedi who encountered them. Very few tried to flee out other exits. I felt sadness as we took them all out. Letting them flee would have been a danger to my crew outside. We fought through the building and once it was clear I pounded on the sealed door.

"Open up it is safe now!" I heard shuffling behind the door.

"I can't the power is out." As the weak voice was heard, the power came back on line as Tansy reported the fact in my ear.

"Good work team. Fall back to the ship, but keep an eye on the natives." I heard their response as the door opened to Kira's touch.

"A Jedi! See, Brrik? I told you help would come."

"Brrik happy to be wrong." This was the first Jawa I had seen and the urge to pull its hood back was almost over powering.

"We'd almost given up hope. Thank you for saving our little family."

"You are welcome, however, it will not last. I'm Knight T'aa Onasi and this is my padawan, Kira Carsen. We need to find the Shock Drum before it destabilizes this planet's core. Can you do a scan to detect the drum in use?"

"Seismologist Hare'em, I do have a way to do that." She moved over to one of the computers and brought up the screen map of the area. She inputted several commands, and she turned back around with disappointment. "The sensors are not functioning accurately enough, and the Shock Drum has been activated."

"I already know that. Tell me where I need to go to set up further ultrasonic sensors."

"That would work, and we do have the extra equipment." She moved to uncover several crates. I keyed my comm unit.

"Lt Zetta I need the freight speeder inside here." I listen to her confirming the order as Hare'em described how to use the equipment.

"Master I feel Master Kiwiiks is reaching out to me."

"We will get to her. Have faith the Force will protect her."

"Thank you, master." We helped our crew load up the speeder, and we soon headed out to three different locations. As dangerous as Hare'em had assumed it to be, it wasn't that hard. It did take time, and I was glad we took Tansy along as her experience made setting up the devices easy.

"Hare'em this is T'aa we have the last sensor in place."

"Good, and I am getting data from all of them. It will take a while to get the location, but I hope to have it by the time you return."

Lord Praven

"Very good, T'aa out." As we were getting back on our speeders, my comm signaled an incoming transmission. I pulled it out and an image of a sith appeared.

"Greeting Jedi, I am Lord Praven. My master seeks retribution for his son's death. I must give it to him."

"You do know that Tarnis is still alive?"

"I do, but my master sees him as dead. When he learned that you were on planet, he ordered me to activate the Shock Drum. He'll destroy the entire planet to end your existence. I know you have located the Shock Drum, but that will not be enough, as I have changed the deactivation code."

"Then I would challenge you to a duel. If I defeat you with honor, then the code is mine. If I lose, then I at least hope you turn the device off yourself."

"I was just going to suggest the same thing. Here is my location. Time is of the essence and not on your side. I agree to the duel." His image winked out and the area map appeared over the holocom.

"Master you can't be serious. It has to be a trap."

"It could be, and we will be aware of it. Tansy head back to the ship with all speed. I'll contact the ship and once you are there to meet us at the location of the Shock Drum."

"Will do T'aa." Tansy pushed the lever forward and her speeder shot away. I got on mine, and we traveled to the location Lord Praven wanted to meet. The trip took some time, but not as much as going back to the ship to bring it to his location. We traveled through a short cave system and as much as I scanned the area I felt nothing that would warn me of an ambush. Lord Praven was looking out on the desert landscape unconcerned that I might stab him in the back. Kira holds back as I come up to his side. I can feel her anxiety with me getting so close.

"I feel your power. Now I understand, why Tarnis was no match for you. His defeat was my failure. I should have trained him better."

"It would not have mattered. His skill was in deception and not of the blade. You are different. I sense no hate or arrogance, I sense only regret."

"My family is true Sith. My only passions are integrity and honor. I welcome the end of your kind. The Jedi obsession with my people's extermination must end. Your lust for revenge will destroy this galaxy."

"We defend, protect. We do not seek your destruction. We would gladly stop fighting if it meant genuine peace."

"I would like to believe that, but I know better. Come let us end this. Die well, Jedi." Our lightsabers ignited at the same time right there on the edge of the cliff. We exchanged blows in an ever increasing tempo until anyone looking on would see two globes of light. One red and the other blue. I could have used both my blades, but in the back of my mind I saw no need for it. Neither of us gave any ground, but he was the first to break contact by leaping away. I sprang after him as he sank to the sand on one knee.

"Such skill, so much power, impressive. You could kill me, why hesitate?"

"You could have killed the others after you defeated Master Kiwiiks, but you didn't."

"They were not warriors. Their deaths would have been pointless. Darth Angral wanted me to destroy the Shock Drum code. He wanted you to die in failure, no matter the outcome here. I will not tarnish my honor with petty tricks. You've earned better. The code is yours."

"Thank you. You have done the right thing." He slowly gets up and hands me the cylinder before turning away. Shuffling because of the wounds he suffered during our battle. I didn't even know that I had scored a single hit against his defense.

"Darth Angral ordered that Master Kiwiiks suffered greatly before her death. I wish I had disobeyed that order as well."

"I will save her."

"I left her incapacitated net to your weapon. If they have not already..." He paused and then turned slightly to look me directly in the eyes. "You speak as if you already have. There is nothing more to say. You won our duel, finish me."

The regret of his decisions to follow those orders were bleeding into his voice and his gestures, as he went down on his knees I could feel the hope of release from his pain. In no other point in the game did I feel as moved as I did at this point, for this scene. The shear conflict of emotions was way more powerful than I could handle. If he wasn't facing away, he would have seen the tears coming down my face. How could I not cry at this point? I know I could not. His suffering was worse than any I could imagine as he would have to sacrifice his honor over and over each time his strength was not good enough. He had resisted some, but not all of his deeds.

"You may serve the Empire, but I will not kill you. You do not deserve it."

"Than honor demands I surrender to my master. He will do what you can not."

"There are more possibilities than the one you suggest. I see one that you live on with honor. Commit yourself to the path of light. Become a Jedi."

"Me a Jedi?! Impossible! Your Order would never accept me."

"Jedi believe in forgiveness, not hate."

"Accepting a sworn enemy into its ranks, without fear. Now that is strength. I accept your offer. I am too wounded to aid you, but I will surrender to your people. Now hurry save this planet." He bows to me as I put my hands together. It was only as he stumbled away did I realize I had followed the script even with my body gestures. I felt as if I could do nothing else, but that feeling his relief at being accepted was more powerful than any assumed fate. A moment later my thoughts were interrupted by the Bendu's Way powering into view to hover on the edge of the cliff close enough for us to board the vessel. We jumped up on the ramp together.

"We're in." The ramp raised behind us as the inner door closed once we passed it. Moments later we were on the bridge.

"Do you have the code?" Hare'em asked nervously.

"Yes."

"Good, but Brrik and the rest of my family went on ahead to help you, but the were stopped by the sand demons. I tried to stop them, but they were determined to help you."

"I will reach them in time. Lt Zetta will get us there."

"I really hope so." We landed on the flattest part of the desert that we could, but the vibrations were shifting the sand.

"I can't stay here."

"I know go back and get the speeders we left behind and then go to Anchorhead. We will get back another way."

"Roger that." T7 couldn't move in the shifting sand and I could hear his sad whine as we started up the speeder. In seconds wind and sand was whipping through us as we weaved our way to the entrance to the old mine. We had to stop nearly on top of where the jawas were hunkered down. Moving with the speed of the Force we barely paused as we took out the smaller Sand Demons which were very much like huge crabs. The gigantic Sand Demon was easily avoided as we moved passed the beast in stealth. Getting to the Shock Drum was painful as every nerve in my body complained about the vibrations. It took every effort to get to the device stumbling along the way with every step. Once the code cylinder was inserted, the device shut down.

We both spent nearly a minute in Introspection right next to Master Kiwiiks. When I reached over to add my Force to hers, she started to stir. Minutes passed by and Kira started to add her ability to heal. It was nothing like the story where she just got up once the Shock Drum stopped. We were actively healing her torn and bruised body. She was near death, and we desperately pushed the Force into her to heal her. When her eyes opened, the flow of the Force suddenly increased as she was able to enter a healing trance of her own. Time vanished as the three of us had only one focus.

"That is enough."

"Are you sure, Master Kiwiiks?" Kira had tear channels carved on her dirty face, but as new tears formed they were of relief and joy.

"I could feel the Force calling to me to let go, but then I felt your strength. Kira, and T'aa, you're both, changed. What has happened?"

"All that matters is that you are safe."

"I only survived this weapon by withdrawing into a deep trance. The Force itself became my armor. Sustaining the trance cost me greatly. My strength is only a fraction of it once was, but I feel it will return with time."

"That you survived is a miracle, and we will handle things from here. The Shock Drum should be buried in these tunnels with as much explosive as we can pack in and around it." Hare'em came running up as she heard me say this.

"But all that work and the people who died protecting it."

"Do you want the deaths of billions on your conscious if such a weapon was used on Coruscant or any of the other worlds? The galaxy is better off without such weapons. I will take care of its destruction."

"Are you sure you are up for it? This was a powerful ordeal."

"I am still a Jedi, I will be fine."

"Before we go, you need to know something, and I'd rather you hear it from me. I never told you about my childhood. I'm not who you think I am."

Kira again told of her upbringing as a Sith and her life before she Kiwiiks found her. Master Kiwiiks listen intently encouraging her to tell her more as she drank water, and we all had a bite to eat. In the end Kira and Kiwiiks hugged after such a powerful response. Master Kiwiiks told her she is a strong, capable young woman, and one day a great Jedi. We stayed on Tatooine for several more hours before heading back to our ship. We had been barely on the planet for a day. The ship had been moved to the spaceport in Anchorhead. I had contacted the others and planned to meet them in the cantina. Kira stayed with Master Kiwiiks to help her against her urging us to continue our mission. T7 was at my side as we entered the cantina.

"Fancy meeting you here." I stopped as I got a dangerous feeling from the man who just spoke. I turned just enough to see a Mandelorian in full armor not so far away.

"It is her. Be careful." I looked at the woman who was hanging on his side. If I was not mistaken that was Mako, which would mean he was the bounty hunter. I turned a bit more as I studied him. The cantina was full of other people and I had a feeling my friends were somewhere in the room.

"I suggest you find somewhere else to be hunter. Shouldn't you be in Mos Illa?"

"My targets tend to go anywhere to find escape. You are, on the other hand, a bonus. So many innocents in this place. I am sure you don't want any of them hurt." I took my time looking around and spotted Ingo and the others in a corner booth. I poked him with the Force and I felt he was looking my way.

"I am sure they would like to be safe as well, but you came to the wrong place at the wrong time. In fact, you owe me your life as I just stopped the destruction of this world." He laughed as Mako looked confused.

"She is serious and Jedi don't lie. Was that why everything was shaking?" I nodded.

"Go ahead and believe that crap, Mako, but I don't. Now I suggest you come with me before I cause a panic." He fingered a grenade on his belt.

"Pretty dumb for a bounty hunter. You got a room full of people and each one of them is armed. On top of the fact you have Havoc Squad right here as well. Alone, you wouldn't have a chance against the Heroes of Tython, but..."

"You can not win against all of us." I could feel he was glaring at Ingo as he came up with Aric and Dorne next to him, but as Cort and Ashara joined us as well, I felt his glare turn into a scowl.

"Uh, Braden, we have a problem." He turned as we all noticed Sanusha was behind Mako.

"You win this time Jedi, but I will hunt you down."

"I will warn you against doing so." He slowly moved out of the cantina not even giving a look at Mako.

"Looks like he doesn't care about you at all."

"He does, excuse me." Mako started to move as Sanusha stopped her. "You better let me go."

"Sanusha let her go, but Mako you should really guide him away from me. He has no idea who he is messing with." She looked puzzled as I knew she was wondering how I knew her name. She then nodded as she pulled away from Sanusha.

"Hey Mako I could use someone like you on my crew."

"I am fine where I am." She turned to reply to her. She then looked back at me before following the path Braden took out of the building.

"If I heard his name right, he is a young bounty hunter involved with the Great Hunt. We should not have let him go. His ilk are worse than most of the criminals they hunt."

"Easy Elara. He has more firepower than we do at the moment. A bounty hunter like him is best left alone. However, we need to be wary and I suggest T'aa doesn't stick around."

"I wasn't planning on it. I have to head out to Alderaan, but I wanted to thank you for the help recently and treat you all tonight because of it. Also, you may want to speed up whatever you have to do here. We may need each others help on Alderaan."

"I find it strange that I am finished here as well." Cort added.

"Me, too." Ingo agreed as Sanusha nodded to signal she was finished as well. This should have made me feel better, but on the other hand it felt worrisome. Having an encounter with the bounty hunter right here in Anchorhead changed things in more ways than one. I would have expected an encounter in the desert and not in a cantina. That he was the third of the other side to show themselves. Two of them I had taken care of, but he would not be as easy to take down. It was a worry that I felt I would have to deal with sooner than later. My biggest concern was facing the warrior as he or she would be as strong as I was.

It wasn't until later as I was meditating while the ship left Tatooine that the bounty hunter was not the bounty hunter, but his predecessor. My eyes flew open and it made me wonder if the other two were wrong as well, but the fact that the Sith Assassin had Khem Val with her assured me that I had gotten at least one of them. The agent maybe, as the code word worked, but the ship contained nothing about Kaliyo or Lokin. This brought up a point when during a cut scene with Doc that Kaliyo was on our ship. Still, my story wasn't supposed to be joined up with the others like it was. How much was their story linked into mine? I did change the consular story or fate. Would he have some other enemy to face since I took his away? If I meddled in the others business, would the outcome be worse? I had much to think about and Alderaan was next.

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Planets are mostly liquid

in their core held together by gravity I doubt simple vibrations would damage a fluid, In my marital arts class we are taught water is stronger than most forces, it wears down mountains, turn rocks into sand.

It is in the Script.

Sara Hawke's picture

The theory I think they are using work with resonance. Even a pebble in a pool of water will cause waves. Add enough vibrations to a turgid liquid like ketchup and it suddenly flows quickly. Magma is thick and under a lot of pressure get it moving in a certain way and it will disturb the natural circulation flow. It is this that would tear the crust apart as the tectonic plates are no longer under the same pressures supporting it from below. How one of the theories explains about Pangaea separating into the continents we have today.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.