SWTOR: The Wish of One Affected the Other: Alderaan

Printer-friendly version

"Master, I don't get it?" I opened my eyes looking at her across from me. "Jedi aren't allowed to feel emotions, but other than bad emotions that are bad why cut off everything else?"

"We have the Force and without controlling our emotions we would be tempted by the darkside. Love, is one that can lead to many different negative emotions. I for one recognize I have emotions. I feel them just as much as you do, but putting them aside to see clearly, or to let them go, so they do not haunt your actions. I have emotions, yet I do not allow them to interfere with my peace."

"Should we bottle up our emotions? Would that not cause an even greater risk? Is their no way to let off some steam? To have a little harmless fun?" She was giving me this look, and I was slowly aware that this was in reference to the kiss we had shared. I could see that she was struggling with the feelings that it had generated. I took in a deep breath as I searched myself. I had many feelings for her, but strangely they were not like the ones I had with Cort. I did not have any lust for her, but a base need for contact. I felt she was my sister, and a close friend. I felt the same things in her and a few others.

"Kira what happened between us was not something either of us could have controlled at the moment. It was something we both needed. I do not want it to go anywhere. I don't feel we should explore it, or that we should let it go. Our focus is our mission, and we will have times that we can have fun, but..." Kira moved forward faster than I could stop her, and she kissed me. This was much more than the deep kiss we shared the first time. It was also very different. I found myself opening to the kiss and returning it. I let the Force flow through me and I felt what she was feeling as well.

Our minds touched then merged through our bond and I now knew Kira as much as I knew Cort. All her wants, desires, urges, and memories came to me in a rapid cascade of feelings. To know someone so deeply as to know everything there ever was about her. She still had a core that I knew was even kept hidden from herself and this core I was drawn to like a bug to a light.

This was the part that made her a Child of the Emperor and I could see the strings of a bond wrapped around this core like a strangle hold. I moved toward it and started plucking one string after another free. With each string broken I got flashes of what was done to her and what she had done during those times. Vitiate was inhuman in everything he did and this was no different. I was pulled from her mind suddenly as the moment had passed. I feared opening my eyes as feeling returned to my body as I felt her still in my embrace. My eyes opened in awe of the event to see she was also as dumbstruck as I was. We stared at each other for nearly an hour without a single word, but with an understanding that transcended everything.

"Master Jedi we have landed on Alderaan. General Var Suthra is on the holo wanting to speak with you." Zetta's voice broke the hold our experience had on us, and we both giggled as we came to our feet. I let the rush of emotions out in that laugh and found a calm that had escaped me since joining this world. I was at peace with many of the things I had done and no longer worried about what needed to be done. We moved to the lounge and I settled in front of the holoterminal.

"General we are on Alderaan. Is there any word from Master Orgus?"

"Negative, considering the chaos there, it's a wonder any messages get through. Alderaan is a war zone. The nobles are fighting to decide who's in charge, and whether this world aligns with the Republic or the Empire."

"I have read the reports on what has happened on Alderaan. To withdraw from the Republic was not the best thing to do. What is my mission here?"

"My people developed the Death Mark weapon to end the conflict with surgical precision." Doctor Godera came into view.

"Remarkable device. It marks the targets with a microscopic tag. Undetectable. Tracks the targets anywhere on the planet. Feed the target's coordinates to a focused beam weapon, and it can kill them from across a continent."

"A vile assassination device. Something the Republic is not in the business of."

"If I can save a billion lives by killing one being, I'll gladly pull the trigger."

"But at what point do you stop? Killing that one being could even cause more deaths than it prevents." He did not reply as Godera continued.

"The Death Mark has one regrettable disadvantage. The targeting device's range is extremely limited, twenty meters or so. Once a target is marked however, the weapon can hit it from any range."

"I fear efforts to guard the weapon have failed. Master Orgus's last transmission came from Organa Palace. After that, nothing. Count Alde was the last to see Master Orgus. He co-funds the Death Mark project with us. I tried informing the count of your arrival, but communications there have been crippled."

"Reports indicate that multiple holorelays have been destroyed. Standard Imperial battle tactic."

"House Organa can't spare the troops to get their holorelays online. Maybe you can help? You'll find Count Alde at the embassy near Organa Palace. Sending mission intel, good luck, Var Suthra out."

"When will it ever get easy?" I shrugged.

"Looks like another long wait."

"You could come with us? A little exercise would do the crew some good."

"Getting shot at without a ship around me is not what I signed up for." We all laughed at his response. Kira, T7, and I left the ship with two of our speeders. The crew put several things in the cargo that might help us with the repairs. As we guided the speeders out of the spaceport, we ran right into the others.

"Stupid war even the hard lines have been cut. I do not intend to travel to the palace blind."

"Sanusha, we have to go there as well. Havoc will have your back."

"Aric we are here as well."

"And as are we." I turned to see Cort, and he was looking a bit tired. The shielding technique must be taxing him greatly.

"Great, then you can help me restore communication with House Organa."

"Intel?" Ingo took the datapad from me and played out the report for what I had. It wasn't much, but it was enough to know where to go. House Organa was not close to the spaceport as it was in the game. It was five kilometers before we found the first relay. There was a small platoon of soldiers there that were a part of House Thul by the patches they wore. Havoc alone with Risha, T7 and Sanusha took up positions just before they opened fire. The surprise of the attack dropped several of their people before they scrambled to cover to return fire. That was when the four of us Jedi used the Force to sprint close enough to leap at the closest combatants. Seeing four Jedi fly through the air while batting blaster bolts back at them made half the platoon break off and flee. Some dropped down shaking in fear, unable to continue fighting. The rest fought a desperate, but failed defense as we cut them down.

This was repeated at the other relay stations with mixed fighting in between the relays. As we reached the last one they were in a pitched battle with Organa Forces. From there Ingo guided us to the next target, and we spared no quarter with the imperials mixed in with more of House Thul's forces. We stopped them from placing Baradium bombs with enough power to take the side off of a mountain. The fighting lasted all day long and it was only toward evening did we finally arrive at the Palace compound which was as large as any city.

As I came into the room Count Alde had agreed to meet us in I remembered what went on in the story. This made me wonder as he came in alone as Aleyna Hark was not with him. This worried me with the increased feeling he was soon to die. I knew it would happen and in the game the Jedi was unable to act on the feeling before he was struck down by the attack.

"Count Alde I am here on the behalf of Master Orgus Din and the Death Mark project."

"Yes much gratitude for restoring our communications. Aleyna told me of what happened at the facility. I have called her to come in to tell of her escape. Shall I have refreshments brought out while we wait?"

"That is appreciated." I bowed slightly, and I was nervous about being in his presence. Unlike the senators on Coruscant he held himself differently. His very bearing called for respect. Several servants brought in a cart, and we were served tea.

"Ah Aleyna, are you doing okay."

"As well as to be expected." She felt nervous in the Force and there was this hint that she was not as traumatized as she appeared. I shared a glance with Kira, and she felt it as well from what I could feel from our bond.

"Explain to these Jedi what happened at the facility."

"I worked at the facility. We were conducting routine tests when Imperial forces breached our security doors. There was a hideous little man with them. A Sith, I think."

"It is a miracle that you survived." Kira snorted, but Aleyna didn't notice.

"I'd be dead, if it not for the Jedi. Before anyone knew what happened, a single Jedi wiped out all the Imperial troops." T7 piped up claiming Orgus was one tough Jedi. I hide my smile.

"I'm sorry but the Jedi. He didn't survive. The Sith was deadly. He vanish, then leap out of the shadows. He surprised your friend. Stabbed him in the back. It was horrible. When the Jedi fell the Sith called for reinforcements and Killiks came instead of imperials."

"Intelligent man sized insects, living underground. Flesh eaters. Ghastly things."

"Those things poured into the facility. Started tearing everyone apart. I ran."

"There was nothing you could have done. Thank the stars..." The count stopped as I started clapping. "What are you doing."

"She is very convincing, but even the truth hiding the lies did not prevent me from seeing behind your deception. An agent of the Empire and the reason the facility was compromised." At this moment I felt the danger increasing rapidly and did the only thing I knew to save him as I pushed him with the Force out of the way as a beam of energy pierced through the ceiling and vaporizing the floor where the Count had been standing. The shock wave bowled over everything near it to including us. Kira, and I came to our feet as my ears rang loudly from the explosion. Aleyna had been tossed as well and was struggling to get up as troops came rushing into the room.

"You there hands up! Men, take their weapons, lock down this building. Back against the wall and put your hands up. This is your final warning."

"Are you seriously thinking you can hold a Jedi? Do not point you weapons at me." The men hesitated before moving their aim solely on Aleyna.

"Are you crazy I was nearly killed as well. The beam came through the ceiling."

"She is telling the truth, but take her into custody. Put no more than six guards on her. She needs to be searched now."

"You are in no position to give orders here."

"I am a Jedi of the Republic, or do you fail to recognize this or the fact that I was invited in here to speak with the Count. Is my compliance worth the Count not being provided medical care?" The captain flinched at hearing my words as he signaled one of his men to check out the Count.

"I have a pulse." The captain looked relieved.

"If you are a Jedi I can not stop you from leaving. Why did you indicate she should be confined?"

"Check her for a strange device, not sure if it looks like a weapon, but most likely. If she is not carrying it, maybe it's in her quarters." The men roughly handled her as they searched her. She fought until one of them pounded her in the face as another wrenched her arm. He came away with several small blade and one strange looking needle gun.

"That must be the marking gun for the Death Mark." The captain pointed the thing at a chair and pulled the trigger. A small sound of air being released was the only sound.

"It hardly looks dangerous."

"You only have to look up and at the floor to see what happened."

"Kira calm."

"I can't master. That weapon is evil." I felt the same and the one thing that was worse. That such a device was active and could kill you without warning. Even with the knowledge it was coming I wasn't completely successful in saving Count Alde. As the medics worked on him, it wasn't good and the smell of burnt flesh was further a bad sign.

"The Death Mark project was over run, but I had no idea what it did. Not until now. What do you need, master Jedi? I am Captain Yils."

"The location to the facility and for you to be very careful with her confinement." I took the device from his hand and crushed it with the Force. "We will not need this lying around intact."

"He is the datapad with its location, or what is left of it. I wish you all the luck in finding who really did this."

"I have the Force, but a bit of luck won't hurt either."

"I will make sure her interrogation reveals everything she knows and who ordered her to kill the count."

"A Sith did, and I am here to find him." I turned and walked out of the room. Kira and I went to the Cantina to eat. As much as I wanted to rush out to the facility, it had been a tiring day. With our hunger sated we returned to the room House Organa provided us. I didn't sleep as we both entered into a Force trance to heal and rest. After nearly an hour, I came out of the trance feeling as if I had a good night's sleep.

"Kira it is time to go."

"Okay T'aa." I smiled as she rarely called me by name. Our early rise was not the only one as we saw Havoc was gearing up to go out as well. Sanusha looked pissed as she snapped at Corso for something. I just moved passed them and Nodded at Cort. It felt strange moving out together after doing my own thing for so long. I wanted to move right to the facility, but our group had to fight nearly the entire way there. I did not deny helping them and in turn they helped to clear out the entire area of any Killiks. I reached the sealed door and felt Master Orgus on the other side as I drove my blade through the door and then down to cut all the pins. As the last one snapped the door flew open and I blocked his blade with my other.

"Hey, what took you so long?"

"There is a war out there." I thumbed behind me before I caught myself from crossing my arms. "Glad the report on your death was a lie."

"Are you in need of healing? I can feel your pain." Cort moved over to the doctor as he held his side.

"Who is this? I don't remember you working with anyone else."

"This is Jedi Knight Cort Hintal. Master Yuon's pupil."

"Ah now I remember. I could, but no time. Blasted Sith almost killed me. Was all I could do to save Doctor Parvux."

"The enemy left us here as food for the Killiks."

"Taking down that Killik leader must have been quite a fight. Thing was huge."

"We did not encounter any that were larger than the rest."

"I don't remember any either." The room shook as a growl is heard. One of the walls collapses as a horde of insects comes pouring through.

"If those things eat us, you're fired."

"Maybe I'll let them nibble a bit." He then laughs just before we both jump at the nearest one. As much time as I spent on Tython with Master Orgus this was the first time we really fought together. Sure we had spared against each other, but never side by side. As my bond flared with Kira it linked in with Cort and with surprise Master Orgus. He did feel weakened in the Force, but he wasn't slowed down enough to be on the defensive. The wave of lesser Killiks thinned as this Killik came into view nearly taking up the entire entrance of the hole that they came out of. As it straightened, it came to nearly twelve feet in height.

"You were not joking." I grinned at Kira's shock just before jumping the thirty feet through the air. It raised its staff to block my strike as I turned my blades off causing him to miss. My blades snapped back on just as I was passing over its head and contacted on either side halting my forward movement and forcing me down its back. The blades cut it nearly in half before I disengaged to roll the rest of the way off of it. The ground shook as the corpse impacted the ground. Master Orgus was frozen for a moment before turning to the doctor.

"You alright?"

"Don't worry about me. The Death Mark is in enemy hands. You must warn Count Alde."

"The Count was seriously injured by the Death Mark while he was discussing the situation with us. Aleyna Hark has been taken into custody and the targeting device destroyed."

"I am impressed how did you uncover that she was a spy?"

"Her story was good, but I did not feel your death and from what I understand of the Killiks I doubt she could have escaped on her own. The Force also guided me to doubt her."

"This is good news, but she could have marked dozens of people beforehand. The weapon could kill anyone from anywhere at any time."

"Not if we cut the power, doctor. The Weapon's still tied into the local energy grid, right?"

"Several power stations supply the Death Mark with power. Taking them offline will disable the weapon for a few hours. I have the coordinates right here."

"The Sith took everything with him so this is our only option. We'll have to do this the hard way. I'll take Doctor Parvux to safety while you disable those power stations." I smiled as I activated my holocom.

"Captain Ingo come in."

"Onasi you alright?"

"Never better I have some coordinates for you." The doctor gave me his datapad and I linked it to the holocom. "These are the power stations that need to go down." Ingo started laughing as he moved the camera around.

"Aric, Risha shut them down. I just can't believe I just lost a bet. I was sure you were wrong about these stations needing to be deactivated." Master Orgus and the doctor were stunned.

"How did you? No, never mind." His mind was blown as we started to walk out of the facility. As we came out in the sunlight, my holocom beeped.

"Well, well. The Jedi who defeated Tarnis and Praven. I'd rather you didn't shut down my power stations. I need them. I have so many targets waiting to be vaporized. Who's next, the farm girl or the old colonel?"

"You think you have a lot of targets, but Aleyna does not have the targeting device. Your attempts at causing panic are done."

"No matter I have plenty of targets to terrify Alderaan's people." He frowned as he did something in the background. "Determined to spoil my fun? Now I have to set up new power stations where you can't reach them. At most that bought yourself a few hours. Proud of yourself?"

"That will all I need to find you. Time is not on your side, Lord Nefarid."

"You know his name?"

"When I took down Tarnis he was one of the ones with Darth Angral. Right next to Lord Praven, and Lord Sadic. Each of them served as Darth Angral's lieutenants. I have defeated Sadic and convince Praven to join the Jedi Order."

"I am impressed. You do your research. How did you manage a Sith to give up the dark side?"

"I showed him that he was different and that his actions were against his honor. That he values strength above even his honor. He regretted many things and found that pain and suffering were not a part of his goal to gain power over the Force. He saw strength in our ability to forgive even an enemy." This left Master Orgus with something to think about as we traveled back to Wardpost Duvaal. The doctor and Orgus had their wounds treated, and we ate after that. A young man walked into the hut we were using. His face showed concern until he saw Master Orgus.

"Master Jedi, so nice to see you survived."

"Indeed, T'aa Onasi this is Wynne Organa chief negotiator of the peace talks to end this war."

"How is Count Alde?"

"He is in a comma, but the healers have faith he will be alright. Aleyna had free rein of the palace. She could have marked anyone, even me."

"She was taken into custody by the guard and stripped of the targeting device."

"She managed to escape during the night, but they were able to track her movements that lead her into a House Thul compound. He supports the need for peace and I would fear him to be targeted by the weapon. If he dies, there will be no chance of ever having peace."

"Then we will have to go there and stop her ourselves. Are you ready master?"

"You're in charge of recovering the Death Mark from House Thul. I have my own mission."

"Wynne Organa can you leave us for a moment?"

"Of course." Master Orgus gave me a stern look as Wynne left the hut.

"What was that about?"

"Master Orgus I told you that you would lie to me and now you have. I know you plan to go after Darth Angral and you will find his ship. I do pray that you heed my warning and just plant a tracker on the ship. I would hate to lose you."

"You amaze me more and more, but if the Force wills that I give my life to stop Darth Angral then it is the will of the Force. Yes I am going after Darth Angral and no, I am not bringing you with me."

"Then understand they will give you no quarter and surrender is not an option, if you can not escape or hide."

"I will do what I must. Knowing what will happen will not change what I have to do." I didn't know what more than I could say. I felt the guilt in knowing he was going to die and it is a feeling along with the helplessness of not being able to change his mind. I watched him leave the hut wondering if the next time I would see him would be when he was executed by Darth Angral. For all that I remembered I could not recall anything. I fell into the flow of the Force trying to hold back the tears as I fell to my knees. I felt so bad and it was like he was already dead and that of all my missions I had failed to prevent the most important task of them all.

I fell deep into the Force remembering only one thing. The Force was on my side and if it was willing it would show me the location that Lord Nefarid was hiding out at. It took a long time and I could feel Kira was worried as I meditated. As it came to me, I got up and walked to the console and brought up several maps of the planet. My eyes wandered over the map as it moved and slowly the feeling got stronger about one particular area and as I zoomed in it became blindly obvious where we needed to go. Maybe I could stop Lord Nefarid before Master Din was able to find Darth Angral's ship.

"T'aa shouldn't we get going?"

"Yes, sorry."

"Is there something wrong. I get the feeling you are grieving?"

"It does not have anything to do with our mission. Let's get going." I recorded the coordinates and hoped I was right in their location. Once we ere on the transport to get us closer I felt a wave of peace flow over me, and I was relieved to know I was on the right path. As we switched to our speeders, we moved further into the mountains and beyond any of the fighting. The Force was guiding me further the closer we got and as we vanished behind our stealth generators as we entered Nefarid's hideout. As we reached the main room, it was empty of any personal. We moved further into the facility and found the Death Mark control device. I came out of stealth and ignited both my blades and with several quick commands entered into the device. Nothing happened and I used my lightsabers to do what the Death Mark could not.

"That was close. I'm glad he couldn't get the power back on."

"You and me both Kira." We came out in the main chamber and I felt a warning allowing me to jump away.

"I am not pleased you spoiled my fun, but at least I get to make you pay for getting in the way. Not as amusing as seeing random people dying or the whole planet in panic." Both of us looked around for the Sith and only the Force gave me a general feeling of where he was. Both my blades hummed as I reached out with the Force to find him.

"Come out and face me Sith. You have lost and you can not hide for long."

"Let's be done with this. I have a long list of people to kill."

"The device has been destroyed."

"Wrong you only destroyed the air conditioning system. Goodbye, Jedi." I felt the warning and jumped several times as beams tore through the ceiling trying to hit me as I moved. After the third try the beams stopped and I had to parry a thrust straight at my back. This brought the Sith out of the shadows, and we fought. He was good even batter than Praven as we fought. He still had to use every dirty trick that he could and in the end I barely registered that I had given him a deadly blow as I struck him several more times.

"Master he is dead." I shook my head as this sunk in. I felt anger for the first time and as much as I tried to push past it would not leave me. Lord Nefarid was not the cause, but I had taken it out on him and I felt that Kira was very concerned. I was sure she was feeling the emotions that coursed through my mind. A blast door opened as she picked up a controller and the Death Mark device was neatly hidden behind. Kira entered in several commands and another beam cut through the ceiling destroying the control unit with one hit.

"Let's go. We need to join Master Orgus." I started to run out of the compound.

"Stealth?" she warned as she vanished herself. I sighed as I activated the generator and moved as fast as I could go. The urge to go as fast as I could was nearly too much to resist. Countless minutes were being wasted just by having to move so slowly. Only the time it would take to fight our way out kept me from breaking stealth. As we reached the surface and the way out was visible I left all caution to the wind as I used the Force to go as fast as I could. Several troopers shot at the blurry figure as it flashed by them. I wondered what they saw after I finally stopped out of sight. Kira appeared beside me as I uncovered our speeders.

"Lt Zetta, I need you to get the Bendu's Way in the air and come get us. Tell Var Suthra, Master Orgus went to find Darth Angral's ship on the edge of the Alderaan system."

"Roger that, master Jedi any idea where?"

"None at the moment. Hurry." I fired up the speeder as Kira got on hers. T7 happily greeted us and wondered what was going on. "The Death Mark is destroyed we need to reach Master Din." The acceleration nearly jerked me off the speeder as I twisted the throttle to full. Kira struggled to keep up with my break neck speed. I felt time was fading away the further we went. I was muttering curses under my breath until the ship came into view. I veered into a large field and the ramp barely touched the ground before I drove up into the bay. Kira was right behind me as I dashed down the passageway to the stairs. I made it to the bridge as she was removing T7 from the speeder.

"Lift off already." I fell into my chair and so much wanted to take control myself. The ship eased off the ground and it felt so slow as Braddie pushed the controls forward. It felt like an eternity before we broke the gravity well of the planet. I fought to control my emotions as I searched for the direction I needed to go to track Master Orgus and the Desolator.

"Which way, master Jedi." With my eyes closed I pointed feeling the ship move as my arm adjusted.

"Outer orbital ring right on the edge of the planetary sensor range." I could feel them scrambling for a reference and then finding it. The ship jerked as Braddie pushed it into hyperspace for only a second. As normal space came back into view, the Desolator took up nearly the entire view screen.

"Shields up! Evade, evade, evade." Lt Zetta screamed out her orders. The view spun as we leveled out over the surface of the ship. We were so close a fraction of a second would have made us go right through their ship. The thought strangely made me feel it would have been a fitting end to the threat Darth Angral posed.

"Firing full spread. Target lock on the forward turrets." Four lights appeared in the view screen as the large ship started to elongate under the effects of it hyperdrive being activated. The four proton torpedoes exploded against the hyperfield in a blinding flash as the view screen washed out. As the screen cleared, it showed an empty expanse in front of us.

"Did we get the ship?" The view spun again as the ship flipped back around. No matter which way the ship pointed the screen only showed stars.

"I don't know, never seen that before. Sensors?"

"Compiling the data now. Will take a few minutes to get the information to see if we did anything."

"Get Var Suthra on the holo I need to report this."

"Got it, Onasi. We were so close."

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Imperials

Daphne Xu's picture

This is the only Star Wars story I've read since "Splinter of the Mind's Eye", so I am unfamiliar with the overall situation, and the expanded universe in general. I must guess that the Empire here isn't the Empire of the movies, being instead a country distinct from the Republic. Also, this has to be centuries earlier in the history of Alderaan -- completely different from the Alderaan destroyed by the Death Star.

I'm also disturbed by the notion that a Jedi mustn't have emotions. In fact, I'm inclined to think it's self-deception. (The opening scene suggests it as well.) The notion of emotions vs. reason is a fallacy, (One can get seriously riled up at sheer obliviousness to reason.) as is the notion that emotions will lead one to the Dark Side or to evil. Steven Pinker mentioned some kind of experiment (perhaps) suggesting that if one's emotions were turned off, one was unable to do anything. Reason requires premises. Emotions may provide them.

The banality of certain forms of evil suggest that if hate and rage lead to the Dark Side, so does emotionlessness.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

SWTOR

Sara Hawke's picture

Star Wars The Old Republic is a period of thousands of years. This time in particular is 3643 BBY or Before the Battle of Yavin. The Old Republic exists from 5000 BBY to about 1000 BBY 3653 started a new calendar Treaty of Coruscant ATC up until the Ruusan Reformations which changed the government of the Old Republic into the The Republic in movies 1 thru 3.

Alderaan is a planet with many nobility and very war like. They didn't become the peaceful world of the movies for thousands of years.

A Jedi's goal is peace. Complete peace is the lack of any chaos, emotions cause chaos. Sith know peace is a lie because that is not life. They go further and use their emotions to fuel their need for power. Jedi=selfless, Sith=selfish. Apathy is just as evil as Hate. A true Jedi feels nothing so in the end they will do nothing. A Sith feels everything, but does too much so in the end suffers.

Most Jedi follow the rules and the Law. Good servants of the Order, Republic, Honor and a defender of the peace. Many struggle with their emotions not really understanding the code. Sith value strength and the more power you have the stronger you are the more you are the law. Ordered chaos. Everyone else lives in the middle.

Rogue One is the closest to the feeling and story of Swtor. Watch the Return, Hope, and Deceived the other two Sacrifice and Betrayed have nothing to do with my story. Search, All 3 SWTOR Cinematic Trailers In Story Order.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.

Three and a half millennia

Daphne Xu's picture

Three and a half millennia BBY. So the planet Alderaan bore minimal resemblance to the one finally destroyed by the Death Star. Thanks for the explanation. To tell the truth, I prefer the Jedi of the original movie to those who must banish their emotions.

I have to admit that some time after writing my comment, I remembered reading two Han Solo books, one being "Han Solo at Star's End." I also began reading "Death Star", but didn't get far before being distracted from it.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

oldest books

Sara Hawke's picture

Splinter of the Mind's Eye, was what star wars would have been had it flopped at the box office. it was written directly from an alternate script if my memory is telling the truth. I liked all of the Star wars books up until they killed off Anakin Solo and Chewbacca. The whole yuuzhan vong invasion was just too much and adding in Abeloth because of just one episode of SW Clone Wars about the Mortis gods toppled the cake.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.