Sweet Dreams-70

Printer-friendly version

*Before…

My brain was in this whole vortex of passion and being dazed by it all when Alex carried me to the couch and grabbed the comforter from the end of the couch and wrapped me in it.

He was gone just a few minutes getting our food and he brought over two drinks and forks and the pan and we ate it right from the pan and on the floor both naked and in that post great sex sort of floaty place and we watched on of the movies that he wanted me to see this take off Robin Hood that has the guy that played Wesley in The Princess Bride.

We fed each other, kissed and laughed while he showed me “Robin Hood, Men in tights.”

*And Now…

The rest of the night went just like this.

Snuggling and eating, laughing and then cleaning up when we were done with Alex and I taking a bath together while the lasagnas were done and cooling in the oven and we just relaxed in there and talked and laughed about how amazing that was and hot but how funny it was too with it being awkward and messy and how hard the counter top was for me and he’s telling me that he kept banging not just me but into the side of the counter and that he matched my almost burning myself on the stove to us knocking over the rolling pin for the dough and it whacking him on top of his foot.

And we laugh and we kiss.

Then it’s just more of these smiles and tender stuff as we go to bed.

Oh, one thing I just have to say. We did the wash while we were in the bath so we had stuff in the dryer as we went to sleep. A safe soft warm bed and my Alex and the smell of laundry drying in the dryer filtering through the bedroom.

Absolutely one of my favorite scenes in my life.

Another night of good sleep and good dreams.

This time I think that I was dreaming about stuff at school and finally us getting things done.

But of course the alarm clock goes off and wakes me way too early and then it’s up and getting ready for the jogging and the panting and everything else.

And yeah again our shower time makes up for it.

I’m in a really good mood too as I print off some of the stuff that i had typed up and Alex gets the camping cooler to put the food into and with ice from the fridge and we bang out a quick salad as we do his juice thing and his shake thing.

And yeah I had some too.

I swear between that and the exercise my body is in as much shock from that as it was from the surgery.

Adam’s waiting downstairs for us as we’re getting ready to go to school and he is drinking his coffee and April is with him looking ready to do whatever businessy things she has planned.

I smile and hug him lightly and he lightly one arm hugs me back with that tough guy sort of grunt. April compliments me on my outfit with. “Oh wow so vintage.”

I’m wearing black leggings with a scoop necked dancer’s styled black stretch top and the brown suede skirt and vest and the platforms. I set it off with some of my bangles and some rings and a chunky double looped black glass crystal necklace and this really wide belt with a big square buckle and I washed the color out of my hair and I’m going all original me blonde with the straight ironed look today.

And my make-up is banging too.

“Thanks we got a whole bunch of very good vintage stuff at the shop and I got a discount on some of it and I even rescued some of this as the seams were pretty bad off.”

“You look great we’re going to have to do a day and go shopping again.”

“I’m going to be kind of on the edge of broke with the payouts for all the stuff I bought.”

“Not a problem it’ll be my treat we’ll do a day of it.”

“Saturday?”

“Done.”

Adam looks at us and finishes his coffee and he lights a smoke.

Yeah that doesn’t smell as tempting right now, so that’s good right?

“I seen the posts of the things that you’re doing in school both of you.”

He’s looking at Alex when he said “both of you” like he included me first. He is still looking at Alex when he says. “You looked good doing all of that with your classmates. Leadership is an important quality.”

Alex does the tense shrug. “Thanks, I guess, we’re trying.”

I chime in. “Alex has a lot of good ideas.”

“I look forward to hearing about them tonight. Diner, we’ll take you both out, be ready at seven.”

Alex looks like he’s going to be ticked off with the whole way his Dad said all of this. I take his arm and smile. “We’ll enjoy that.”

Adam goes to leave. “Adam?”

He turns to look at me. “Yes?”

“Ask nicer next time, like we’re a client. You know something like I’m proud of you two, are you busy tonight? Would you like to go to dinner tonight with us?”

He gives me the look.

The Adam look and there’s still megatons of that attitude there.

He takes a drag off his smoke and kills it grinding it underfoot. “I’ll consider that.”

April gives me a grin as Adam gets in the car and they pull out. I turn to Alex and I softly kiss him. “He means well he just has no idea how to act like a well adjusted human and not the armor that he wears.”

He kisses me back and he sighs. “You cut him too much slack, he’s a grown man and he knows better and he can change.”

I kiss him some more and play with the back of his hair. “Trust me, change is hard. Change for guys like your father is harder because he’s thought for so long that his way is right because he’s winning.”

He leans his weight on me for a bit and sighs. “Well I’m not him and not only am I playing by his rules Hunter I’m not even playing in his game.”

I hold him a little still stroking the back of his hair and doing little comb throughs with my fingers. “It’s getting better. We just, we just got through some serious stuff between all of us.”

“Okay, okay...but you know we’re going somewhere really expensive right?”

“And I’ll live, maybe April can give me pointers and stuff. I actually want to know how to be a lady y’know.”

“Really?”

“I’ve been in the gutter with no expectations of me but the gutter downstream Alex. I want to learn all of the stuff that my mom wouldn’t and likely couldn’t teach me.”

“You’ll get there.”

“I know, I’m going to work hard for it too.”

We kiss again and we get in the car and we head to school stopping to get our coffees of course and we’re a little later than usual but we make it to class.

It’s all the usual stuff with classes and talking to people between classes in the halls and it’s all stuff like for homecoming and Anika has some more posters up and now Jenn and this other girl that’s one of the preppy kids named Victoria Wyndham and she’s really plastered things all over and she has Jared Davis? I think that’s her name as King and he’s actually kind of popular as he’s kind of our lead hitter for the varsity baseball team.

Her posters though are sort of worse than Anika’s are with this really cheesy looking kind of prom background and people from the whole upper shelf of the schools upper and middle class kids already in it and dressed like they were going to prom.

No ideas or policies just what looks like look at us we’re popular.

Me I have the least of things actually up just my leaflets and things with some of the ideas.

It’s so surreal even doing this when I’m so used to being under the radar.

Though it’s really cool getting all the compliments on my look today and talking like clothes and make-up with other girls.

Seriously two or three times I am talking with girls some that i don’t even know about clothes and make-up.

Even in the girls bathroom.

With all that’s there plus the period stuff and people fixing hair and make-up and the thing is it’s not the babble that I sort of put it into either.

It’s interest and it’s bonding and it’s finding things we like and looks and sharing that with others and taking it seriously.

I know, I know I’m one of those girls, not the hardcore feminists it’s all a prison thing.

Shit like that theory stuff’s great but playing around with all of that and freaking out over it has a whole lot of privilege in just being able to do that and get to that level of bent out of shape.

I lived a shitty life, I can be allowed to just live, the world will not melt down because I like whatever brand of make-up.

And I even get to help out three girls.

I have my make-up in my bag and my curling and flat iron and while I’ve been sort of punk and pushing the envelope on the whole make-up and gender thing for years there are still girls new to it.

So I offer to help when they looked frustrated and Bette and some girl that she knows that so has this Pin-up new age vintage look going on helps too.

Alex is looking at me when I get out from there and he says as the bell rings. “You okay? You were in there for most of the break.”

“I was doing hair and make-up and talking...sorry.” I give him a kiss.

He kisses me back. “That’s just weird, and you are so not going to do that all night tonight with April and stranding me with dear old dad.”

“I promise.” And I mean it too I think I’ll have to do some meditating while we’re out anyways.

We kiss again this time getting the staff pointed heavy coughing to break us up.

I gotta say I love my platform boots, they’re really cool but it’s a little weird on the stairs.

I’m careful there though and not just because of the boots.

All my life, like all my life stairs were a jump point and a very large source of opps. They tripped.

And after the stapling I’m not taking chances.

Lunch in busy too.

There’s a danged good gathering of people there with idea’s and Alex goes and gets the cooler and the food. “Okay we’re going to go over ideas, so what I want to do is get some of this stuff down but if you guys could stand up and introduce yourselves and or who you represent that’d be awesome and then we’ll go over each idea. We listen to everything and if we think it’s a good idea by the majority here we’ll do a raise of hands and we’ll keep that idea to discuss further. If we don’t clear it this time it doesn’t mean that it’s a bad idea it’s just needs more work cool?”

There’s a lot of nods and cools.

We’re getting a crowd and people sort of here to watch.

Alex brings in the food and then we….

We hold court.

It takes all of lunch to clear through the ideas in just sorting them but everyone gets a say and everyone gets a voice here if they want it.

I have to speak up sometimes to get heard or to calm people down and a few times some people got angry when their ideas weren’t popular.

And well you can guess what some of those are right it is high school.

Alex is doing that too and he’s definitely helping keep things moving because some people want to keep going with their ideas.

He’s also good with getting some of his friends that he knows has some ideas to speak up. There is a thing where jocks will be loud and they’ll be aggressive in stuff a lot of the time but you give them a social idea or something and there’s a lot of them that are pretty quiet and shy.

Some of these guys are scared of looking like they’re stupid.

There’s actually some good ideas.

Like Austin coming up with a separate fund for all the clubs like everyone chips in whatever but it’s like a kitty and student council votes on it.

We barely made it through though the first sorting, there were like forty or so ideas floated and even with the stuff we vetoed it still took time.

It was kind of funny too with me keep having to tell people that Alex pretty much made all of the food.

And I kinda bragged up the lasagna calzone that he made us last night too.

Which shocked a lot of people that he can cook and he definitely had a lot of looks from some of the girls there.

And Jenn fake pouted. “He didn’t cook for me.”

And he makes fun of me with. “Hunter’s too skinny she needs it more than you did.”

Jenn was there with Cindy and yeah she got her two pieces to take back to her place for later.

And even at the end of lunch I make an appointment with the A/V club guys at the practice field and with the school newspaper as well.

I was definitely getting some looks from Victoria and her crew and Anika and hers as well and even Peter Miller from the Seniors and student council was looking at me.

I wonder what he wants?

Classes were classes and in between was all the same with people still coming up to me and things and talking and everything.

The only thing different was study hall where I looked up stuff for some of the places to shop for clothes around town sort of thinking about this Saturday with April.

Alex’s practice was great with the A/V guys there and recording stuff and Amy Dixon that wanted to interview me there too.

She wanted to get a story on how what we’re doing will plan in on things and I went into detail on how HC King and King should be doing more than just be this figurehead kind of rep. That the office should be an office and take all of that and all of the HC Court and do stuff for the school.

That we should work as part of the student council as a school rep and not just for certain groups or for like the classes that right now is what they represent.

And she gets her story and I get it on video with help from the A/V guys.

It was all pretty much a winning day.

And now it’s going to be going home and then going out to dinner with Adam and April.

up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

One of my favorite stories........

D. Eden's picture

Of all time. It definitely makes my day to see more of it.

Dinner with Adam and April....... really curious about where that will end up.

Love ya’ Bailey!

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Alex and Hunter

Are becoming movers and shake them up people. Thanks for the new chapter

Staring the dragon in the eye

Jamie Lee's picture

Hunter is probably the only person who calls Adam on the carpet when he becomes the AH again. Adam is used to being in control and telling everyone what to do that he can't understand there's other ways to act.

Oh how the "in" girls don't like what Hunter is doing. None of them would have helped those girls in the bathroom like Hunter did, it would be beneath them. In helping those girls in the bathroom Hunter is showing them she is more than what they might have heard.

Hunter doesn't need any posters due to her just being herself and going around to the different clubs with her ideas. Those few "elite" won't produce enough votes to beat what Hunter will receive.

Others have feelings too.

Wow,

It took almost a moth but I am almost caught up!