Girls Just Want to Have Fun Chp. 2

Printer-friendly version

When Cassidy arrives at home. Danny and Larry were still there. Normally they were gone by the time she left for work. She parks her Subaru next to Danny’s pick-up truck and head inside the house. As she walks in.

“Did you have fun last night?” Larry looks towards Cassidy as she comes walking into the house.

“Yep! I had fun and met a really nice guy.” She walks into her bedroom and changes out of the clothes and shoes had on.

Larry follows behind Cassidy as she walks into her own bedroom. He watches as she changes clothes.

“So, did you meet someone new?” As he watches her check herself in the mirror on the back of her dresser.

Cassidy just glances towards him “he’s a nice guy and a former Marine.”

“He wasn’t surprised that you weren’t completely a woman?” He takes another sip of her coffee.

“No, he wasn’t nosy. Why are you and Danny still here?” Cassidy walks past him towards the kitchen.

“We’re taking the day off. Danny wanted to be here when the farrier arrived to do the horses. Me, because I want to go ahead and harvest some of the crops.” Larry walks over towards the sink and rinses his coffee cup out.

Cassidy fills her coffee cup up “since the two of you are going to be home today. Could you split some of the wood near the shed and stack it?
Also, we're having roast beef for dinner tonight. Can you take the roast out and let it defrost please?”

“No problem. Are you heading to work?”

“Yep, I won’t be home till seven tonight. See you later.” Cassidy heads out to her car and drives to work.

When Cassidy arrives at work, she is met by some customers that have been talking to her about a few pieces they wanted to buy. She sells them a complete set of antique pieces that was a set. Altogether the deal came out to be $20,000 dollars.

Throughout the day she and the part-timers sell about fifty thousand dollars of merchandise. Some of it was furniture, some of it was antique windows, doors, fixtures and a few odds and ends. Cassidy couldn’t believe how much they sold in one day.

“Man, I hope we have more days like that.” Zane was excited because he got a commission and by the hour pay.

“Don’t count on it. It’s rare for us to have that big of a sale.” Cassidy grabs a duster and goes out to dust the furniture.

When 7:00 pm rolls around. Cassidy was ready to go home. She locks the store up and set the alarm. She couldn’t wait to get home and have a nice home cooked meal. She parks her car next to Danny’s pick-up truck.

As she walks in, she could smell the aroma of fresh cooked roast, and vegetables. She hangs her car keys on the key hooks and put her purse in her bedroom. She changes out of her work clothes and into a pair of sweats and t-shirt.

“Mmm, something smells good.” As Cassidy walks into the kitchen.

Larry looks up at Cassidy as she comes walking into the kitchen. Danny was in there as well and both men were drinking moonshine.

“I hope you didn’t drink all the spare booze.” As Cassidy walks over to check on their stash.

“Nope, just broke open one of the gallon bottles of spare corn whiskey moonshine. Oh, Hank came by and bought two gallons of Caramel
Apple Pie Moonshine.” Larry hands the money over to Cassidy.

“Thanks.” Cassidy goes over and adds it to the cookie jar, where she keeps the rest of the money.

Danny saw what Cassidy did with the money “really, a cookie jar? You keep the money from the sale of the moonshine in a cookie jar?”

“Yep, it would be suspicious if I deposit the money in my account. I can either put it in my safe deposit box or here at the house in the cookie jar.” Cassidy fills her glass with tea.

While they sit down at the dining room table “how did your day go today?”

“We sold a lot of antiques today. The part-timer working with me was happy. He gets a commission off the sale.” Cassidy takes a bite of her roast.

“Don’t you get a commission as well?” Danny looks at Cassidy as he sips his moonshine.

“Yes and no. I’m salary and I only get a small percentage of the sale if I sold something.” Cassidy uses to have the type of deal the part-timers
did, but since she was the only full-time along with the owner. Her pay was a little different.

“How was the party last night?” Larry and Danny were curious how things went.

“I had fun. I met a nice retired Marine and I have a date with him on Friday.” Cassidy wonders where Arthur was going to take her.

The rest of the dinner goes by quietly as each person enjoys their meal and drink. Larry and Danny are partially drunk by the time they finish. Since Cassidy was the last one home. She cleans the kitchen and put away the left orders. She looks in the refrigerator to see what their leftovers were. That way she could plan either a meal based on them or maybe pick up something.

She heads to bed afterward. Cassidy couldn’t wait till her date on Friday. As she sleeps, she has dreams of her and Arthur.

Cassidy has a hectic week at the antique store. Some of the pickers they normally deal with, up their prices on a few items. She is sent by her boss to a few estate auctions to purchase any antiques she finds.

Then she hurts her wrist, helping the movers unload the antiques she bought. She ends up going to the hospital getting her wrist looked at and placed in a brace. The doctor told her she had a hairline break on her radius bone.

When she gets home later that day. Larry and Danny tease her about her wrist brace. How it was going to make a nice accessory on her date.
Cassidy is happy when Friday arrives. She gets off early and heads home. She gets ready for her date.

As she is getting ready, she wonders what Arthur is going to think of her wrist being injured. As she finishes brushing her hair and adding a little perfume. There is a knocking on her bedroom door.

“Cassidy, your date is here.” Danny had let Cassidy’s date in.

Danny was impressed by Arthur. He showed up dress in a suit and was well groomed, unlike some of Cassidy’s past dates. He escorted Arthur
to the living room, while he went to let Cassidy know.

“Thanks, Danny.” Cassidy checks herself one more time and grabs her purse.

As she walks towards the living room, she could hear laughter coming from inside. She approaches slowly as she hears Arthur tell Danny a joke about horses. The Joke was “Why do horses like to fart when they buck?”

She smirks when she hears the answer, which is “Because they can't achieve full horsepower without gas.”

“You gentlemen sound like you’re having fun.” Cassidy stood at the doorway in a nice dress that hugged her curves.

Arthur stood there and just looks at Cassidy. He couldn’t believe how nice she looked.

“She cleans up well, doesn’t she?” Danny looks at Cassidy like a proud brother.

He has been living with Cassidy since her Uncles ended up in jail. The uncle that owned the ranch house they were currently living in, had died.

He used to come over and take care of the horses for Cassidy’s uncle. Her uncle left him all the horses he had, except for one which belonged to Cassidy. It was a full fledge Mustang that her uncle bought for her.

There was a ranch in Amissville, VA that had a mare for sale. So, her uncle bought the mare for her and taught her to ride. A year ago, the
ranch that sold Cassidy’s uncle their first Mustang, had a few more and were willing to sell them. Cassidy bought the four they had.

“That she does.” Arthur just smiles at Cassidy.

“Hey, I always look good.” She wanted to punch Danny, but she remembered her right wrist was in a brace.

“And on that note, I think it’s time we leave. Danny, it’s nice meeting you.” As Arthur stands up and shakes Danny’s hand.

“It was nice meeting you as well Arthur. You two go and have fun.” Danny watches as Arthur and Cassidy walks out to his car.

Arthur opens the door of the Jeep Wrangler for her.

“Thank you.” Cassidy gets in carefully, so she doesn’t flash him.

Once Cassidy is in the Jeep. Arthur walks around and climbs into the driver seat.

“So, where are we heading off too?” Cassidy was curious.

“It’s a surprise.” As Arthur drives away from Cassidy’s ranch.

up
228 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cassidy

might have found a good man.

Nervous

Surprises have never been very nice for me. I hope Cassidy's works out better.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin