Magical Girl Assassination Squad: Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

Sam nervously sat in the doctor’s office. While this wasn’t the first time he had been called to the doctor’s office, it was the first time without being told why. He hoped they had discovered what was wrong with him and had a treatment plan. But, he was also afraid that the doctor was going to tell him that he couldn’t help him. He didn’t know which frightened him more. Sam couldn’t help but jump when the receptionist called his name. His mother squeezed his hand while his father patted him on the shoulder. It wasn’t much, but it reminded him that he wasn’t alone. Together they stood and entered the back.

Once in the back, Sam and his family followed a nurse to a consultation room. There they were asked to wait on the doctor. Sam hoped the wait wouldn’t be long. He wasn’t sure if his nerves could take a long wait. He wasn’t sure he wanted to know the answer either. He’s lived this long without know what was wrong with him, he could live a little longer not knowing.

“Why do they always make us wait,” his father asked. “It’s not like we’re late and we missed our appointment.”

“Stop your grumbling, Harold,” Mrs. Hathings said. “We’re not the only patients he has. One of his other appointments could have ran over. And if you think you are worried, think of how Sam feels.”

Harold took a quick look at his son. Sam was obviously nervous and failing to hide it. “Sorry, Mary,” he said. “You know I don’t like doctors.”

Sam tried to ignore his parents. He knew he was nervous. Anybody would be in his position. To distract himself, he looked around the room. Unfortunately, nothing was different from the last visit. Still the same pictures on the walls. They were of landscapes and mountain ranges. This particular doctor seemed to care more about his patients’ health than his ego. Maybe that was why his parents chose him.

The door opened, and the doctor walked in. “Sorry I’m late,” he said. “I was collecting some last-minute lab results.” The doctor immediately had their undivided attention.

“Does that mean you know what’s wrong with Sam,” Sam’s mother asked.

“Yes,” the doctor answered. “I do know what Sam has.” He paused for a moment. “What Sam has is a very rare condition. As far as we can tell, less than zero point zero one percent of the people in the world has this.”

Sam blinked. He knew that whatever was wrong with him would be rare. They had gone through all the possible known causes. Like taking hormones or drugs. Even experimental drugs. How he would have gotten those, no one knew. At one time they even thought he had gynecomastia. But that didn’t explain the other things that was wrong with him. He had developed a feminine waist, hips, and butt. His voice rose like a girl’s. He didn’t grow any facial hair.

But now, now that all would change. The doctors knew what was wrong and could fix it. All he needed to do was wait for them to tell him what to do. Then he would go back to looking like a boy. He wouldn’t have to worry about people thinking he and Rebecca were in a lesbian relationship. Not that Rebecca worried about that. She didn’t seem to worry about what people thought about the two of them. As far as she was concerned, it was none of their business what they did together. As long as they loved each other. Sam wished he could be more like that.

The doctor continued. “What Sam has is called Single Site Genetic Mutation. Like I said, it is a very rare condition. All the cases we’ve found were because the victims of this came to us.”

The Hathings were stunned. After all this time, to finally find out what was wrong with Sam was a shock. A good shock. But a shock none the less. Now, all they needed to do was find out just what his condition did and how to treat it. “So, how do we treat this condition, Doctor Sanders,” Harold asked.

The doctor frowned. “That’s the problem,” he said. “There isn’t a treatment. His problem is genetic. From all the earlier tests we ran, Sam is a perfectly normal and healthy boy. He should not look like, nor sound like a girl.”

Sam couldn’t breathe. His heart had stopped when the doctor had told him the name of his condition. As far as he knew, genetic problems had no cure. Sure, some could be treated. But none of them could be cured. He had hope when his father asked how to treat his condition. It was crushed when the doctor told them there was no treatment. Not knowing what else to do, Sam turned his face to his mother’s shoulder and cried.

Doctor Sanders couldn’t conceal his wince when Sam started crying. He hated telling the Hathings that there was no treatment for this. He did not become a doctor to give bad new to good people. With a sigh, he continued delivering the news. “As the previous tests showed, hormone treatments will not help Sam. And if he had cosmetic surgery, the best he could hope for was a very feminine male appearance.”

Sam stopped listening at this point. It hurt too much. Knowing that he’d never really look like a boy.

After spending several minutes of giving the Hathings his recommendations, Doctor Sanders left the distraught family. After this, he knew they’d need time to compose themselves. Besides, he didn’t think they’d want to see him for a while. He knew he wouldn’t if he was in their place. He flagged down a nurse and told him to give the Hathings time.

Selene was not having a good time. After getting over the shock Sam had given her, she had returned to the council. After hearing her report, the council exploded. At first, they didn’t believe her report. How could a girl have a penis? But she knew what she saw. Then they thought she had made a mistake. But she knew the difference between a boy and a girl. Even if they were human. Then they started demanding to know how this had come about. She couldn’t tell them, because she didn’t know it was even possible.

Finally, after hours of arguing, they decided to send her back. She was to get more information. None of them believed that the magic behind choosing magical girls had made of mistake. Somehow, this Samuel was a magical girl. It didn’t matter what he said or the actual physical evidence. The magic said he was a magical girl, so he had to be one. After they had finally finished arguing, they sent Selene back to Samuel. She arrived only to find the boy asleep.

In the morning, Sam was too busy for Selene to talk to. He quickly went through his morning routine. Got dressed and ate breakfast with his family. Then they all left the house. The only thing the cat could get out of it was that Sam had some sort of meeting scheduled. It seemed to be with a physician of some sort. While she didn’t want anything to be wrong with the boy, she did hope it was about his strange condition. Either way, she’d have to wait until they returned. She found a comfortable spot and relaxed.

Selene was startled awake when Sam’s bedroom door suddenly opened. Hopefully now she could talk to Sam. She peaked out from under the bed but changed her mind when she saw the boy’s face. Same looked devastated. His eyes were red and puffy. There were tear tracks down his face. His movements were slow and unsteady. Whatever happened at the meeting, it wasn’t good. She watched as Sam stumbled to his bed and collapsed.

Selene slowly came from under the bed. She wasn’t sure what happened. But she knew she had to ask Sam some questions. But then she saw his wrist. The band she had given him had changed. While it still looked the same to mundane eyes, those with magical site could see the difference. It had bonded with Sam. Now, it didn’t matter what the council wanted. There was no way they could remove it from the boy now. Selene went back under the bed. She had to think of what she’d tell the council.

Sam didn’t know how long he had been laying on his bed before his bedroom door opened. He didn’t move as the person entered his room. He didn’t react as the person slipped into his bed with him. “Your mother told me the news,” the person said. It was only then that he realized the person was Rebecca.

“Do you want to talk about it,” she asked.

Sam didn’t answer. Instead he curled into his girlfriend’s embrace. He did not want to talk about it. It was too painful for him. Tears started to leak from his eyes. He didn’t want to start crying again, but he couldn’t stop it. Tucking his head against his girlfriend’s neck, Sam started crying.

“It hurts,” Sam said sometime later. Rebecca jumped slightly. She had thought Sam had went to sleep. “Knowing that they can’t fix my body.”

Rebecca hugged him and said words of comfort. While Mrs. Hathings had told her Sam had gotten bad news from the doctor, she didn’t tell her what it was. She had only been told to do what she could be give the distraught boy comfort. When she had arrived at the Hathings’ home, Mrs. Hathings had taken her aside and given her a box of condoms. Rebecca stared at the older woman in shock.

“I’m not so old as to think you two haven’t had sex,” Mrs. Hathings told the teen. “And, if sex is what’s needed to make him feel better, then you fuck him blind. Just use the condoms. I’m not ready to be a grandmother yet and he’s not ready to be a father.” Stunned, Rebecca just put the condoms in her bag and went to Sam’s room.

“It’s genetic, you know,” Sam continued. “That’s why they can’t fix my body. I’ll never look like a boy, no matter what I do.”

“What about plastic surgery,” Rebecca quietly asked.

“Minimum affect at best,” Sam answered. “They wouldn’t even know how to treat me. They could cut off my boobs and suck the fat out of my hips and butt, but that wouldn’t make me look masculine. They’ve already found out that hormone treatment won’t work on me.” He sniffed. “So they can’t use that to fix me.”

“Hormones won’t work?!”

“No.”

Rebecca hugged her boyfriend tightly. This was worse than what she had imagined. She needed to do something to cheer him up. Or, at least to break him out of his depression. “You’re not broken,” she whispered fiercely. “You stop thinking that. I don’t care what others think of you. You are the way you are supposed to be.”

“But people think we’re in a lesbian relationship,” Sam said. “You deserve better than that.”

“I don’t care,” Rebecca repeated. “I love you. That includes the way you look. Long ago, I accepted that you’ll look girly. I didn’t let that stop me from loving you. And I won’t let it stop you from loving you.” She took a deep breath. “I’m going to tell you a secret. One that may change the way you feel about me.”

Rebecca felt Sam shift against her. She knew she was taking a big risk telling him this. But she felt it was better to get it out now. After all, she had been holding this secret for over a year. “I, I like that you look like a girl,” she said.

She felt Sam stiffen in her arms and rushed to continue.

“I’m bisexual,” Rebecca said. “I like both boys and girls. To me, you are the best thing that could happen. You have everything I want in a lover.” She ran a hand over his hips. “You have the curves of a beautiful girl.” The same hand cupped his dick. “And the big dick I want in a man.”

She sighed. “I know this makes me selfish,” she said. “But I don’t want you to change. If you do, then I won’t have my perfect lover anymore. I’ll understand if you want me to leave. This is the last thing you want to hear right now.”

It was a long moment before Sam spoke. “D-do you really mean it,” he asked. “You really like me this way?”

“Sam, I love you this way.”

“You promise you’ll stay with me?”

“You’re the only one who could chase me away,” Rebecca promised her love.

Sam didn’t answer. He snuggled closer to Rebecca content in her closeness. Together the two held each other until they fell asleep. Neither had noticed the cat listening to them under the bed. For her part, Selene had decided not to even try to take the bracelet away. It wouldn’t have worked anyway. Instead, she was now going to see if Sam would make a good magical girl.

Even if he wasn’t a girl.

up
218 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This story reminds me

of Rebecca Jane's "Better than the alternative" in a lot of ways . I am enjoying both stories a lot!

Thank you

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I'm wondering if s/he will be

I'm wondering if s/he will be able to change from boy to girl as needed in the end? Quite a comment made by Sam's mom to Rebecca. That is being about as blunt as a person could be I do believe. :-)

Sam's mom

really does love him. She was very worried about him and knew Rebecca could help him feel better. She just didn't care how she did it.

This

Is just getting better and better. More backstory with why our magical girl is not a girl but still somehow is able to be a magical girl!

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Selene

may get to digging on Sam's past. After all, she is going to be his guide.

Cool story.

WillowD's picture

Somehow I managed to miss reading chapters 2 to 4. But now I've read everything. I look forward to future chapters.

Thank you

I'm glad you're enjoying this.

Awwwwww

I'm glad Sam has his family and girlfriend sticking by him. And Rebecca's more than acceptance of his body's charms should go a long way towards helping him accept himself.

He's

going to need them. I have some challenges planned for later.

Rains and pouring

Jamie Lee's picture

Chemical imbalance and Sam might be made 'right.' But genetics, wow, bummer.

He's going to be the target of every guy who thinks he's female and bullies because of how he looks. And the guys who learn he's male, after they thought female, won't be happy. The wrong guy finding out could be dangerous to Sam.

If the council doesn't believe Selene's report why don't they take their furry butts to Sam's home and see for themselves? Why argue when seeing for themselves will take the wind out of their sails?

Others have feelings too.