SWTOR: The Wish of One Affected the Other: Beyond the Script

Printer-friendly version

I moved to the lounge and the holo turned on as I got closer. One of the general's aides came into view.

"Master Jedi we were not expecting you to call."

"Is General Var Suthra available? It is urgent that I talk to him. Tell him we almost caught the Oppressor on the edge of Alderaan space."

"I will inform him, but he is in the middle of the Senate. It maybe several hours before he can break free."

"The Senate can wait. If Darth Angral does what I think he plans, then we are in trouble."

"I'll see what I can do." The holo went dead and I sank down to the floor. I was spent as all the aggravation left me as I had given up nearly all my hope. I had an extremely bad feeling about what just happened and the Force was silent on the matter. Taking several deep breaths I felt Kira come to my side and join me. I could feel her starting to glow in the Force as I struggled to meditate. She opened her end of the bond and it calmed me enough to join her and I let everything go. I was uncertain of the future and I may have moved too soon on the knowledge I had. It was at this point that I had not planned anything further than facing the Emperor and cheating the story with my knowledge. I let even that go as a lost cause as I drifted in the Force.

"Master Onasi this better be good news. The threat that Darth Angral was broadcasting was dire."

"The Death Mark has been destroyed, and we just missed the Oppressor. I fear Master Orgus was on board."

"Then you don't know. Ensign play the holo for her. I have to warn you this will not be easy to take."

"As you know I am Darth Angral and this Jedi was foolish enough to attack my ship alone. He failed and the rest of the galaxy will suffer. The Republic in their failure has provided me with a weapon that will imprison everyone on the planet and then burn the surface clean of all life. Master Orgus will be my prisoner to witness the destruction first hand. He failed to protect your pathetic..." The transmission cut off suddenly in a blur of static.

"He didn't do as I asked."

"I am not sure what cut off his transmission, but with the combined projects we had going and nearly all of them falling to his people."

"I think that is when we opened fire on his ship."

"That would be an explanation for the transmission to end, but Master Orgus gave us a present. We picked up the ship in the Alderaan system just as the transmission started."

"How much damage do you think you caused?"

"I do not know. My crew is going over the data. We sent four proton torpedoes at his ship as it jumped into hyperspace."

"Probably nothing happened. The ship was gone long before those missiles got close enough."

"Not entirely true, general." Doctor Godera looked focus, but concerned. "If those missiles hit at exactly just before the ship jumped out of the system there is no telling how much damage was caused. Just the fact that both shielding systems would have been disabled. Only the ships armor would have protected the ship from the explosions. I will need the data, so I can analyze it myself."

"Lt Zetta transmit our data from the Oppressor."

"Roger." Doctor Godera turned away for a second.

"I have the data. It will take some time to go through it."

"My crew are working on it as well."

"I am sure they are, but they do not have access to the same sources I do. Still, they may give me a direction to go in."

"Do your best, doctor. I don't know what else for you to do. Alderaan could use your help in the time being. Do what you can for them and as soon as we have something I will let you know."

"Does Uphrades and Tython still have a fleet capable of taking on a Harrower Class Dreadnought?"

"They do, but I am getting increasing pressure to move them to more important targets. I will keep you posted if the Oppressor makes an appearance. Var Suthra out."

We went back to Alderaan and I helped in many different missions all over the planet. From the simple thing of removing the threat at Organa's door to far more reaching actions that brought House Ulgo to its knees and allowed House Panteer and Princess Katei Elinari to support House Organa in their bid to take the throne from Bouris Ulgo. I was very satisfied in seeing him taken into custody and finding the information that he was the one who arraigned for the queen and her son to be assassinated through House Rist. However, I felt a chill as I returned to find that General Gesselle Organa was visited by a Sith and later Master Volryder let the same Sith take both Parvin and Gregor Willsaam from House Organa's employee.

Unlike the game she did not leave a path of bodies only wounded. Killing very few along the way. That I missed the occasion made me kick myself for not remembering in time. I did wonder about this and after gathering what I could I contacted Master Nomen Karr he was nearly giddy as he found out about this. I asked if I could be of any assistance in the matter, and he said he would keep me in mind. He called after Knight Ulldin and Knight Zylixx failed to defeat the Sith.

"Hey Sanusha I have to ask you a favor."

"I do not like the tone you are using, but then again it may just be profitable."

"Nothing too profitable, but I was wondering if you or someone you have contact with can take Kira and I to Nal Hutta."

"That would not be easy and a big risk. You two are the poster children for innocence."

"We are not as innocent as you believe if you remember, and we can handle ourselves."

"Fine, but I need to see your disguises and if I think you can't pull this off then you don't go. What are you going to do there anyway?"

"I need to stop a Jedi from making a mistake."

"Well don't say I didn't warn you." When I brought out Sadic's armor and some common but serviceable armor for Kira to wear, it only took a few touches to make them more in line with somethings that Sanusha had seen on Hutta and Nar Shaddaa. She even took us to Nar Shaddaa, and we found our way to the surface of Nal Hutta. Finding Nomen Karr's base required a bit of fighting and a wasteful amount of credits. That I came at a time just to see Jaesa pass right by an Imperial guard.

"That was Jaesa, we need to move. You take out the ones on the right and I the left."

"Right behind you master." We used stealth, and we were sooner inside than I expected. I feared we would be too late. Only two imperial troopers were guarding Nomen Karr, and he looked much worse than he had ever been in the game. I tossed both my lightsabers killing the guards and making the warrior spin around.

"Lord Sadic how dare you interfere in my mission." I took off my mask as Kira dropped her hood.

"I believe you have mistaken me for someone who I defeated. I am Jedi Knight T'aa Onasi and I will not allow you to take Master Karr with you or for you to corrupt Jaesa Willsaam."

"The so called Hero of Tython. I have no quarrel with you."

"Then you can leave."

"However, I can not disappoint my master."

"I am sure Darth Baras will be angry, but any other outcome will lead to your defeat."

"From you? How interesting. A so called Hero and a Child of the Emperor. Do you really think that you pose a threat? You only prove the point I just made to Jaesa. She has looked at me and found I walk in the path of light. With Kira Carsen next to you I highly doubt you could be considered the same."

"I have no fear of her ability to see a person's true nature. I would welcome it. It would reveal certain truths that I may even hide from myself and with that knowledge I will over come them."

"You will be like most Jedi I have come across. Blind to their pride and false righteousness. Go a head Jaesa." Jaesa looked worried, but she focused on the Force and I felt her touch on me. I let her in.

"I feel love, lust, balance, determination and pride." I wondered what else she had seen about me. "With Kira, I feel devotion, love, duty, and a darkness that is not a part of her."

"Interesting, I would think you would both be arrogant Jedi with the way you came in here. Does not your Order frown on you acting on your emotions? Could it be that you are in love with your padawan. How fitting or is there someone else?"

"I feel many things just like anyone. I am not devoid of emotions. I refrain from using them and I understand that acting on my emotions could be harmful. I do admit that I have had feelings for another. Two to be exact. With Kira, she is a sister to me. We share a bond that is stronger than I have ever felt with another person. I also am not without my needs and have acted on them in the past and maybe in the future as well. I protect my friends."

"Master, who?"

"Later I will tell you Kira. It is not important at this time."

"So the padawan is curious that her master is not as perfect as she seems. You will fail and fall as all Jedi are weak."

"I am more than a Jedi. I am in balance. I am Je'daii. I follow the Bendu much like I feel that you do. We are not that different you and I. It seems we are at an impasse."

"I do not think so, but I will take her and if you follow the code you can not stop me, if she decides to come with me of her own free will."

"If I was a strict follower of the Ashla and you of the Bogan then this would have been over. As I follow the Bendu and the Force guided me here I doubt it is to let you go. Vette, I see you still have your shock collar. Can she really be as nice as Jaesa has detected?"

"Leave Vette out of this she has yet to earn her freedom."

"My master is strict and fair and I would follow her even without the threat of punishment. She does not treat me as a slave." I was at a loss with Kallig it was simple as she was about to kill other Jedi, Cipher Nine was pure luck and I let Mako and Braden go. Could I afford to lose Jaesa to the Sith? I didn't want any opposition, but I could find no point in attacking. It would only push Jaesa farther away from the Order.

"Then all my cards have been played but one. I convinced Lord Praven to come over to the Jedi Order. His sense of honor and his desire for strength made him see our ability to forgive and accept one who is an enemy as strength. So, I ask the same of you. Come with me and we will talk with the Council. For someone to walk in the light and not be a Jedi will open their eyes that not all Sith are twisted by the dark side. Leave behind the fear and need to show a false face to your peers and superiors."

"I am sorry, but I must refuse. I have a plan to change the Empire from the inside. To stop all the petty fights that weaken the Sith and the fools that weaken the Empire. Jaesa come, we are leaving."

"Yes my Lord." I was surprised, but not caught off guard. "I feel this is where the Force wants me to be. I hope you can understand."

"I will leave you with one victory here. My master will not be pleased, but if he never hears about Master Karr again then my lie that he died will remain true."

"May the Force be with you and shall we never need to cross blades in pvp." The woman could not hide the sudden surprise that she had felt, and she paused before speaking. I was stunned myself that she had reacted to something I did not expect her to know. Could she be like me? Someone from Earth?

"I hope not, I actually like you, Jedi."

"Don't be to sure, Sith."

"Zara Von Renstaal, and you would lose, T'aa Onasi." I watched them leave as Kira stared at me.

"Well this was a waste of time."

"Not entirely. Come let's get Karr out of here."

"Leave me to die. I have failed." We did not act on his request and found that his ship was sufficient to take us off the planet. His files were interesting and revealed a lot about the apprentice of Darth Baras. It wasn't until I dropped off Master Karr with the healers that I remembered that Renstaal was the name of a Jedi that had fallen to the dark side under Revan. How his family name managed to get to the Sith Empire is a mystery. It did however bring up the Order of the Revanites.

I also found no news on the Oppressor, Darth Angral or Master Orgus. Between Satele and Var Suthra they had investigated the disappearance of the ship and determined that the evidence from our attack interfered with the ship's jump to hyperspace. The obvious route to Uphrades revealed no wreckage or sign of the ship. I remembered I needed to go back to Tatooine, but I was not sure when. I contacted my ship and ordered them to meet me on the fleet. As we were moving through the station, I noticed Cort was listening to an image being projected from a droid's holocom.

"Hello, my name is Oteg. I serve the Jedi Order and lead the Republic's First Expeditionary Fleet. I need your help."

"There is an interloper in this conversation. Please move along citizen this does not concern you."

"Knight T'aa Onasi is not an interloper." The droid scanned me as I shook my head.

"Identity confirmed, Hero of Tython. So, sorry for the interruption."

"Even better, you have done well MP77. Such beings are exactly what my mission requires. Come meet me on the Telos and I will discuss the mission I need your help on."

"We will, Master Oteg." His image faded as I turned to Cort.

"Barsen'thor, congratulations on saving your master and the others. I only wish my mission had become as final as yours."

"The disappearance of Darth Angral can be considered a victory as well. Come, I feel the need is great."

"Should we contact Sanusha and Ingo?"

"That would not be necessary at this time, but we should make sure they are available."

"Agreed." He pulled out his comlink and sent a message to them both. It was not too hard to find a shuttle over to the ship, Telos. This was a ship of the line and as empty as the ship was in the game it was not here. Like the fleet the corridors and passageways were smaller and had purpose. The bays just large enough for what they were designed for. Finding the commander's office took nearly an hour as check points and security clearances were run. Even for two Jedi like us, red tape and regulations is still red tape and regulations.

"Ah, you have arrived, my friends. Sorry about the security measures. They are useful given the circumstances. Oh, do forgive me for not shaking hands. My hospitality exceeds my reach." Oteg giggled at his own humor as he was barely taller than a toddler. Even on the raised command console he was barely as high as my belt line. Cort being much taller would have trouble even touching the top of his head.

"Before we begin, I'll need you to keep an open mind to what you are about to hear. The source of my information is unconventional."

"With the Force anything is possible."

"I take it this is not a normal mission?" I frowned as Cort just followed the script. Didn't I break it?

"Correct, as Jedi you are already attuned to the Force, but you must deepen your connection to see as I do. Concentrate with me. Focus your mind. Feel the Force around us. Hear its echoes." I felt out and connected to Kira and Cort feeling them reaching out as well. Through Cort, I was able to link with Ashara. As we expanded our senses, we felt Oteg, and he flinched a bit as we joined with him. The Force opened up and the room took on a view only seen with the Force as our auras mixed together to shine. One light appeared that did not belong. A being, a ghost in the Force.

"She is here."

"Meetra Surik." I could feel Master Oteg opening his mouth and closing it several times as I felt the questions running over the surface of Cort's mind. Kira and Ashara had their own questions as well, but as with Cort they remained silent.

"The darkness consumes all it touches. Stars will turn black, ashes raining on lifeless worlds. Everything ends. The prisoner holds the darkness at bay. Lost inside it for three hundred years. His strength will fail. Then he will become the darkness." Chills spread through us all as she was able to give a glimpse of the darkness with her words. Her presence faded slowly from view and mixed back in with the Force.

"She has told me many things. Revealed the existence of an Imperial prison inside the constantly shifting Maelstrom Nebula, and a way to get there."

"Good, but I think we need the rest of Balance to help you on this mission. One moment." I opened my mouth as Cort stepped away. I was thinking the same thing and heard him talking to Ingo and Elara. I signaled my ship and told my crew to move the Bendu's Way to the Telos before I talked to Sanusha. When I finished, I turned back to see Master Oteg was not pleased.

"I had hoped to keep this simple as the fortress we need to recover the Gree computer is difficult to assault. A small strike team would have no problem infiltrating the base."

"I realize this Master Oteg, but we do nothing without a full plan. Balance is the name of our group and that is what is needed on this mission. If we go as all Jedi we may not have the skills to succeed."

"Very well, then let us get started as your friends arrive." The Telos was a large ship, but even its bays could not handle the size of our ships. The light freighter Sanusha flew was the smallest compared to what they were said to be in game. However, the ship did have external mounting docks that could berth the ships just fine. We continued to plan, and I was truly impressed with the amount of data the SiS had gathered.

"Okay taking this shuttle down is our best bet, but what if our cover is blown?"

"With you all in stealth I doubt you will be discovered in time to do anything. Master Oteg I do know that an Imperial Fleet will interfere. What you have in this task force will not be enough to hold off Moff Kilran's fleet."

"Do you really think that he will interfere out of all the different fleets? His fleet is not even assigned to the sector and is reported to be hundreds of light years away?"

"Trust me when T'aa tells you something will happen it has never failed to." Cort's word gave me a chill at how right he felt. That I wondered if I had given away too many points in the past. I could be wrong, but I had not been so far. However, this was much different than in the game. Not that it had any reference now other than a plot point. Sanusha, Cort, Kira, Corso, Ashara, and Treek would take the stealth route while Ingo, Aric, Elara, Qyzen, Risha, and Bowdaar would be the distraction team. Theran Cedrex refused to even set foot on the planet, and he would join the SiS slicer team during the battle.

I would be sitting out this battle coordinating the fight right next to Master Oteg. That was what he thought. I had other plans and just the ship to use for it.

"T7 confused. Spy ship + Jedi = space walk?"

"Teeseven, the suit is not the spy ship. The spy ship is right there." I pointed at the ship and T7 sent a string of text declaring that the ship was not there, and there was no way it could be. I pushed off from the open airlock and pulled T7 with the Force. He fired his thrusters to return to the lock, but I twisted him around to go the direction I wanted him to go. He struggled until a hatch appeared letting us into the Phantom's airlock.

"Ship + stealth generator = disbelief."

"Yes it does." The outer hatch closed as we felt the Telos enter hyperspace. Seconds later the inner hatch opened and Flint was there on the other side.

"Let me help you get that suit off. Tansy will be here in a second."

"Thanks, but I got it, Flint."

"Master Jedi, I am sure you can dress yourself fine, but this is not a suit you can get off by yourself."

"I put it on myself."

"Impossible."

"The Force." Tansy came through the hatch and giggled. They did help me, but only to stow the separate pieces of the suit away.

"How is the ship?"

"This thing is the bomb. I have never seen such systems and the main computer is wicked fast." She went off on all the features the computer had and I had no clue what she was talking about after ten seconds. Slicing was not on my skills list and anything I knew about computers was filtered by T'aa's memories.

"As long as it can't be seen by Imperial sensors I really don't have the knowledge to follow."

"Tansy, you even talk over my head some times." Tansy frowned as Flint chuckled at his own comment. "No worries boss. Got a link into the bridge and scanning for any other signals that could carry an imperial code." With the suit off, we moved through the ship. We were not the only ones on board as a dozen SiS operatives were set up in the ship. The low buzz of them talking into their headsets and tapping away at their keyboards gave me the impression of a dozen geeks playing the latest game release with the amount of intensity they were showing.

"They took your warning that a spy was aboard the Telos seriously. With the added protocols this ship carried they will find out who as soon as they raise their head." I stopped as the distinct accent of an Imperial was carried in the words. I almost didn't recognize the man I had escaped the last time we met.

"Should you not be in some cell somewhere revealing everything?"

"Oh I did all that. Finding out my mind was not my own broke any loyalty to the Empire. Plus the medical team assigned to me found the cause and method of the programming. I am still under its effects, but I have as much control as possible. It was also the fastest way for them to get access to my ship."

"Glad to see you are okay."

"I am more than okay. I am freer than I have been in a long time, Arvewan Kenway."

"T'aa Onasi." I so hoped he would lean forward, and reveal he was like me, but he didn't. I got the feeling he was looking over my body and the lust he felt made me frown.

"Yes, I have been reading what the SiS have on you already. I am sure the ISB has about the same."

"I know what the ISB had on me. I have Watcher One's datapad."

"Thee, Watcher One? I am very impressed. A man I still respect, or should I add past tense?"

"Oh no, he is alive as far as I know." I expected a message from him, but I had not received anything yet. We moved to the bridge just in time to see the two separate shuttles depart the Telos for Taral V. Arvewan's crew guided the ship through hyperspace to arrive in the Taral System. From there it was a waiting game as we monitored the traffic in the system and what was coming from the Telos, my people and her escorts. I didn't like being out of the fight as I paced the ship.

"A rain of fire is coming. The scarred man's hatred burns everything." My eyes flew open as I stopped pacing. I had not even known I had closed them. I saw that no one else on the ship had heard Meetra speaking.

"Look alive people Kilran's fleet is inbound." As I said this, dozens of ships entered into the system very close to the planet. "Find the command ship and move to dock."

"Roger that." The Phantom moved forward as Kilran's fleet maneuvered towards the planet. As we got closer, bombers left the holds of several ships. The hanger bay loomed in front of us as we swung around the command ship. The ship shook as two fighters impacted with our shields as the stealth field dropped.

"So much for a perfect entrance." The crew landed the ship as I rushed to the main hatch. T7 was right behind me along with Arvewan. Another agent handed him a rifle as the hatch opened and the ramp dropped. The security team we had rushed down the ramp and opened fire on the flight deck personal as we rushed down behind them. My blades ignited as I cleared the ship's ramp. Seconds later I was directing a hail of fire back at the imperials as they tried to repel my team.

"We don't have much time. We need to get to engineering and the auxiliary bridge controls."

"Arvewan, tell them to stop shooting at us then?" He looked at me as he laughed. A second later he pulled the trigger on his rifle another imp fell to the deck followed by the two that were standing behind the first guy. Arvewan and T7 calmly moved with me taking care of any targets that reflected shots did not reach. Once we passed into one of the narrow passageways, Arvewan dropped his sniper rifle for a more compact blaster. The ship was in chaos allowing us to move with little resistance. The choke points were manned, but a quick sprint and even quicker blade work removed the hindrance.

"Now this will come in handy." I watched him enter into a storeroom. I had no choice but to follow.

"What are you doing?"

"There was no one shooting at us, and we need a disguise to move forward." He went to the closest shelf and grabbed a bundle of clothes tossing one in my direction. The smell hit my nose making me cringe as I looked around taking in that this was a laundry of some type. The droids were all deactivated at their stations.

"I am not wearing this."

"Engineering coveralls and a little body odor will not kill you."

"But it smells like a rancor slobbered all over it." He came over and sniffed pressing the overalls back at me.

"Devaronian most likely and put it over your armor. It will add to the effect of being ignored." I got a whiff of the coveralls he had put on and I had to admit his was worse. A Devaronian is an alien with horns like a devil. Gault was one of them that joined the bounty hunter crew in the game. I put the nasty coveralls on and the helmet that went with it. I was suddenly struck by the memory of Lando wearing the one in Empire. I shook my head this was not the time for remembering trivia.

Moving out of the storeroom we rushed along the hall to an intersection turning and down several others before finding a turbolift to move us across the ship. I avoided looking at anyone directly and those that looked at us I poked with the Force to look elsewhere. We left the chaos of the flight deck and our arrival behind. Coming into engineering we moved along to the auxiliary controls. Arvewan went to work and soon had half the console opened up. Only his legs stuck out as I handed him tools.

"You there, what are you doing?" An officer came up rapidly with only a hint of the anger he was feeling showing on his face.

"Maintenance." I replied with the modulator in my mask changing my voice.

"This console is not on any list to be repaired." He flipped through his datapad. "The trash compactor over there is. Now get to work over there."

"In battle this console more important." The officer growled putting his hand on his blaster.

"Stupid slaves!" He started to pull the blaster out but could not as I used the Force to stop him. His mouth slammed shut as I stood to stare at him in the eyes. He was too tall but a well place knee got him to sit down. "What?"

"Silly officer did you hurt yourself? Let me help you." I pretended to look him over and relieved him of his weapon, datapad and any other device he may have had on him. I pressed the side of my face shield and his eyes rounded out in surprise. "You will come in handy. He Arvewan you need this guys security code?"

"No, just his eye and finger." The man radiated fear, gone was any sign of the angry righteous attitude he had before.

"I am not cutting his finger off or pulling his eye out."

"You don't have to." Arvewan removed the hood he was wearing as he came out of the console. The fear turned to surprised betrayal.

"But you are imperial."

"I was, but living got in the way." He pulled the officer to the console and slammed his head on the scanner.

"I will not let you, traitor."

"You won't have a choice." He pulled the officer's hand on to the scanner as I kept his eyes open. I felt a twinge of guilt controlling him like I was, but in seconds the results of my mission revealed itself as the alarms sounded and dozens of crew rushed out of the bay. Arvewan slammed his head on the console, knocking him out.

"Come on we have ten seconds." He took off and I followed. Those ten seconds were referring to the power being shunted fully to the weapons. The gravity failed as we made it into the corridor. I felt the ship vibrate as the life closest to the main turbolaser batteries winked out. The surge of power to those areas was too much and with the safeties off enough to blow up all the regulators which caused the containment fields to fail and the plasma to violently escape.

"Finally, I was about to think you wouldn't get there. Find the nearest escape pod, and we will come pick you up."

"Problems holding the landing bay?"

"Just a little battalion with anti ship weapons."

"On the aft dorsal side." I tapped my headset. "We have to move."

"No gravity is making this take time." I grinned and Arvewan suddenly frowned. T7 screamed as we rocketed down the corridor as I pushed us with the Force. This was not the only ship, but with it disabled the bombing of the surface would not be as bad. What I really hoped was that it would prevent him from making it to the prison. The gravity came back on as we reached the escape pods. Half of them were gone by this point and the rush to the pod had been hindered by the lack of gravity. With the gravity back on many had stopped trying to escape as they regained their feet. A weightless ship was a death trap. The forces that the inertial dampers countered could kill everyone on board without it and gravity was a solid sign it was working.

"Return to duty immediately." The ship rocked with another explosion. This one large enough to send everyone to the floor or ceiling.

"Tell me the dampeners are functional?" Arvewan grinned at me while he shrugged as we glided into an escape pod. I was relieved as the door closed shut while we strapped in. I felt the jerk of the explosive bolts firing us free of the main ship and weightlessness.

"They will not be able to move the ship for some time. The program will be adjusting the dampeners for the next two hours to repeat over and over. Even if they shut the system down, it will be six hours before they can move again without killing the crew."

"And this program came from SiS?"

"Not at all. It was designed by the ISB and I just so happened to remember how to find it."

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I find it interesting

how the force is treated as religion This is a different take than I got from the movies.(which are cannon)