Amber pt 1

Printer-friendly version

Amber

My name is Dr. Amber Michelle Reid, MD. And this is my story. Currently I am a family practice physician. Happily going on 20 yrs married to a great man, Gregory Paul Reid Jr. We have 7 daughters, Yep, 7 girls. One set of identical quadruplets who are 17 and one set of identical triplets who are 16. I am also a transgender. Yes, I was born a boy. That is the story I am going to tell.

I am the youngest of three. I have an older brother Jeff Jr, and sister Heather. My parents Whitney and Jeff McClord Sr. I grew up in the Metro Detroit area and still live here. Except for 14 years in Japan when Greg was stationed there in the Air Force.
Let's go back to the beginning, of me. Like I have said I was born a boy. On June, 18, 1960. Micheal James McClord was born at Botsford Hospital in Farmington Hills, MI. 5# 10oz. I was a full term baby cooked the full 9 months. I started out small and pretty much stayed small. As far back as I remember I felt I was a girl trapped in a boys body.

My infant years were unremarkable from what Mom has said. When I was about 2, I started playing with dolls, stuffed animals, and other girl things. I may have played with cars some but mostly girl toys.
When ever Jeffy would want to play boy games with me I would run off saying, “ No don't wan, I girl” and cry.

Mom would talk to me, “ Why don't you want to play with Jeff?”

I would say, “play boy stuff, me girl don't play boy stuff.”

I would cry harder when mom answered,” Mike, you are a boy.”
“ NO boy I girl here” I cried poking myself in the chest. “Girl,here” then touch my head.

Mom seemed to dismiss it but I remember once when I was maybe 5. It came up again. I got upset about not wanting to play with boy toys. Mom talked to me
“ Honey, is someone calling you a girl?”
I just nodded.
“ Who is it?”
“ Me” pointing to myself.
“ You are calling yourself a girl, Why?”
“ Mommy, I am a girl inside. I may look like boy on outside but inside I'm a girl.”
“ You are a girl in a boys body.”
“ yeah” I said.

When I began dressing myself. I would dress in Heather's cloths. Which were to big for me. Yeah, in the beginning I got in trouble. Just after I turned 6, Mom and Dad started taking me to a shrink. He was a supposed to be child specialist. Yet I just though of him as just an asshole. I would tell him about myself believing I was really a girl inside. Every time I would start talking about being a girl. He would change the subject. We talked about my parents, What they did. I told him my dad worked on Harley Davidson Motorcycles.

“ Oh, really.” He started. “ Do you like Motorcycles?”

“ Kinda, I like riding with my dad and mom.”

“ Do you think you would like to ride one on your own?”

“ Donno maybe”

“ Well girls don't ride Motorcycles”

“ They do too. My Mom and Dad know a lot of girls who ride. My mommy rides too.”

“ Does your Mom work?”

“ Yes,”

“ What does she do?”

“ Mommy, trains puppies.”

“ What do you mean trains puppies.”

“ She goes to puppy shows and takes our puppy.”

“Oh, Your Mom goes to dog shows.”

“ Yeah,” I was getting board. I looked around the office. 2 huge toy boxes where in the room. One was blue one was pink. I was drawn to the pink one. I like pink.
He noticed me looking. “ Do you want to play with some of the toys.”
“Uh Huh.”

“ Go ahead. But you can only play with the toys out of one box.” He said.
I rushed over to the pink toy box. Opening it. It was full of boy toys all painted pink. I was like, what is this.
I just sat and stared. I didn't want to play with boy toys even if they where pink. I stood up and went back to my chair.

“ Is anything wrong. I thought you wanted to play.”

“ I don wanna play with boy toys.”

“ They are all pink, girls like pink so you are not a girl.”

“ I am a girl, hear” I poked my chest.

“ Mike, you are not a girl, you are a boy.”

“ I not boy I a girl”

“ you are a boy, Mike”

“ NOOOOOOOOOOOOO” I hollered then started crying.

He let me cry and left to talk to my parents. I was told later. That he said I should grow out of this in time. Yeah, So I am supposed to grow out of it. Then why decades later I have beautiful breasts and my name is Amber. What a quack. But why regress. To continue my story.
That was the last time I saw that asshole shrink. Later I heard he lost his license and now is working at a hotel in Dayton. Good riddance.

Once I started school it was hell for me. I never wanted to play with the other boys. I would either stick with the girls. But they didn't want to play with me either. So I would just stay by myself. I did however make a couple of friends. An outcast like me and a girl at that.
Alexandria , Alex for short. She actually took me as I was inside, a girl. We hit it off great from the start. We would just talk, maybe play on the monkey bars. Just goof off as girls do. Alex was in the same grade as me. So we spent our elementary school life together. I got teased about 'hanging out with girls'
Alex got teased about hanging out with that girly sissy boy. But damn if she didn't stick up for me. Alex became my best friend now a days BFF. Even today we are still close friends, Even though her and her husband live in Illinois we talk almost weekly. We try and see each other at least once a year most of the time it is more. My girls love Aunt Alexandria. I am Aunt Amber to her three.

A home my parents slowly came around to the fact I was transgender. Dad found he had a talent with the stock market. He started off small. By the time I was 8 my parents had purchased their first dealership. Mom still bred and showed Shetland Sheepdogs. Heather began going with her on weekends, showing herself. In what was called Jr Showmanship. 8Years old was turning point for me. When I was 6 1/2 I started seeing another shrink. A pediatric gender specialist. Ms. Colleen was great. She accepted me as a girl. We talked about my feelings, How inside I was a girl. How being treated like a boy felt. How being treated like a girl felt. About my friends or lack of them. I saw her for 8 years.

Like I said turning 8 was great for me. I was finally able to dress like myself, a girl. But only at home. I still had to be a boy when I went to school. Which made me sad every day I would have to dress as a boy. Being I didn't have to change for gym I was able to wear girls panties. Which made it some what bearable. It was also the time Miss Colleen started me on hormones.
Telling my parents, “Mike is a girl I am convinced. In my professional opinion that you should let her be the girl she is to become.”
Starting on hormones and testosterone blockers to prevent my male puberty from having to be undone. As children can start as early as 9 years old.
Colleen also got the ball rolling on changing my name. I had though of quite a few names, famous ones, plain ones, exotic names.( at least to me) Finally settled on Amber Michelle. For really no particular reason, I picked Amber it seemed to Fit me. Michelle was my Moms idea. Kinda a way to keep my original name. It went together alright so I kept it. My family started calling me Amber. Only problem was my grandma as she was still old fashion and didn't take to the idea of her grandson changing into a girl.

up
277 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I thought my math was off

"............change into a girl" I don't think Amber wished to change into a girl, she was one already.