K&P Services Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Kat, Paul and the rest of the crew stood near the Teradyne as a Lt. from the state police and a Captain from the nearest army base converse away from them. Kat could hear what they were talking about, because of her enhanced hearing.

They had shown up after they had pulled into the gas station to refuel. After the air force forced the Apache to land in a Walmart parking lot.
The State Police, local police and Army showed up to apprehend the pilots.

A Lt. from the state police, along with a Captain from the army unit came over to speak to Kat and her crew. Kat told them that she and her crew were transporting Sebastião Tavares Rezende to the Super Max. They had been hired by their local United States Marshal Service for the job. She informs them that the agent who hired them, had worked with them on another job. She also informed them that Samuel Smith had been working with their prisoner.

While Kat and Paul spoke with the Lt. and Captain. Pauline climbs under the Teradyne to check and see if there were any leaks. There was shrapnel embedded in the armor plating, but no fluids were leaking. She crawls out from under the Teradyne and stands up. She saw Crystal looking at her cell phone.

“What’s wrong Crystal?” Pauline walks over towards her.

“I just got a message from Brittney. She said she tried to call me but couldn’t get through. She also mentions that she and Terry had been attacked at school by some gunmen. A person by the name of Lisa Harvey was sent to protect her and Terry. She saved their lives.” Crystal looks over towards Paul and Kat and notices they were still talking to the Lt. and Captain.

They had soldiers, police and State Police protecting them right now. Their prisoners were still in the Teradyne sound asleep. Kat wasn’t going to turn either of them over to the police or the army. Since they were working for the US Marshal service, she didn’t have to turn them over.

After a few more hours, Kat and her crew are escorted to the Super Max. The pilot’s that had been piloting the Apache were taken into custody by the police. The army took possession of the Apache and flew it back to the base. So, they could find out where it came from.

The police took possession of Samuel Smith. Federal charges were brought against him. Kat and Paul are informed by Crystal, that Terry and Brittney had been attacked. That they were safe and under the protection of Mickey and Lisa Harvey.

Paul and Kat knew the brother and sister team. They knew that they had hunted some of the worst people like her and Paul had. They knew they could trust them to protect her family.

They were on their way back home after dropping Sebastião off at the Super Max. All of them were happy to get rid of him.

“That’s one weapon dealer that won’t be seeing daylight for a while.” Crystal was glad he was in jail.

“He may be in jail, but I have a funny feeling that this matter isn’t over with.” Kat had a funny feeling that things were going to get worse.

Brittney and Terry:

“That was a nice meal, Mrs. Sedberry.” Mickey loved the meal he just got finish eating.

“I have to agree with my brother, Mrs. Sedberry. That was a fantastic meal.” A smile appears on Lisa’s face.

Charlotte had made dinner for everyone, while Terry and Brittney took care of their siblings. She was still amazed that the twins had been born normal, considering Kat’s DNA had been changed. She had nothing against her sister-in-law, she just figured some of Kat’s unusual features would be pass onto her children.

“Thank you, Mickey and Lisa.” Charlotte knew her nieces loved her cooking.

Terry and Brittney help their aunt clean the dirty dishes and clean the kitchen up. Afterward, Brittney takes her shower and after she finished her shower, Terry takes hers. Charlotte, Lisa, and Mickey were in the living room watching television when Mickey’s cell phone rings. Mickey looks at the number and notices it was Carlos.

“Excuse me, ladies.” Mickey gets up and heads towards the kitchen

Lisa watches her brother as he heads toward the kitchen. She wonders why he wanted privacy. Hopefully, he'll tell her what he finds out from Carlos.

“Hey Carlos, what did you find out?”

“You’re not going to like this, Mickey. The people you are protecting, including you and your sister, now have a two million dollar hit placed on you. Someone wants you and the Romano family and their employee’s dead. That includes their brother and sister as well. Whoever you guys pissed off, want you dead.” Carlos couldn’t believe what he had found out from his contract.

“Do you know who put the contract out on us?” Mickey wonders who would put such a high bounty out on them.

“No idea, bro. However, whoever it is wants you guys dead. Also, the pictures you sent me of the men you killed. They were hired hit men out of Mexico. Two of those men work for the cartel’s and the others were freelance. No affiliation to anyone.” Carlos contact in the cartel identified the two men.

“So, we have cartel and freelance hitters. Do you know who the freelance shooters got the contract from?” Mickey knew there were a few handlers that hired people to do jobs.

“As far as I know, the others didn’t work for anyone, but I’ll look around for you Mickey. I do have a question for you. Why is everyone trying to kill you and the Sedberry family?” Carlos was curious.

Mickey knew he could trust Carlos. The two of them grew up together and saved each other’s lives.

“What I’m about to tell you, can’t be repeated to anyone Carlos. Kat and her people were hired to transport the arms dealer Sebastião Tavares Rezende to the Super Max in Colorado by the US Marshal service.”

“Dam! No wonder people are trying to kill you and them. Rezende is well connected and has contacts all over the world and in several governments.” Carlos had heard rumors about the guy. He knew for a fact that he supplied some of the cartels and other extremist groups.

“Yea tell me about it. Do you know if there is anyone else coming after us?” Mickey wanted to be prepared.

“Nope, not that I know. However, if I hear anything. I’ll text you, bro. Just watch your back and your sister’s back.” Carlos had a thing for Lisa.

“I will man and thanks.” Mickey ends the call and heads back into the living room.

“Charlotte, I need to get in touch with your husband and Kat’s older sister. We have a problem on our hands.” Mickey didn’t like this because of it, complicated things even more.

“Ben should be at the firehouse and I’ll call Kristen and tell her to watch herself.” Charlotte pulls out her cell phone to call her sister-in-law.

Kristen’s place:
Kristen and her boyfriend were heading back to her place. They had gone out for dinner after she had gotten off work. As they were heading towards her place, a car pulls up next to them at the stoplight. The passenger in the other car rolls down his window and fires at Kristen’s boyfriend. The bullets hit her boyfriend, shattering the glass. A few hit her, in her left arm and on the side of her chest. She watches as the car pulls off.

Just as the car is pulling off, her cell phone starts ringing. She was in pain and shock, but she manages to answer it.

“Charlotte, call the police and paramedics and tell them I’m at Bridge and 12th street. I’ve just been shot.”

Charlotte was about to speak when her call was answered. However, she stopped to listen to her sister-in-law.

“Okay. I’m going to stay on the phone with you.” Charlotte looks towards Lisa and has her dial 911.

Lisa dials 911and informed them what happened. She is asked several questions as she relates the questions to Charlotte. Charlotte could hear police sirens approaching her sister-in-law location. She hears the call end.

“Mickey or Lisa, can you drive me to the hospital Kristen will be taken to?” Charlotte gets up and grabs her purse.

“I’ll take you.” Mickey grabs his truck keys.

“Thanks. Lisa, can you inform and watch Brittney and Terry for me please?” Charlotte was sending a text to her husband informing him that his sister had been wounded.

“I can do that. I tell them after you leave.” Lisa watches as her brother leaves with Charlotte.

Lisa waits till they leave the house, before heading to tell Brittney and Terry that their aunt has been hurt. She knocks on both girl’s bedroom door. She hopes they didn't have their music turned up loud.

Brittney was finishing up her homework when she heard someone knock on her bedroom door. She opens it and notices Lisa standing between her bedroom door and Terry’s bedroom door.

“Girl’s your aunt Kristen has been shot and is heading towards the hospital right now. Your aunt Charlotte is heading there now.” Lisa couldn’t believe someone was trying to kill Kat’s older sister.

“Does my mom know, yet?” Brittney knew Kat would want to know about her sister being in the hospital.

“No, we haven’t contacted your mother yet. Why don’t we leave that to your uncle?” Lisa figured Kat might take the news better coming from her brother.

“I want to know who is trying to kill our family?” Terry looked upset.

She liked her aunt Kristen and wanted to be like her. So, far today someone tried to kill her, Brittney and their uncle Ben.

“It has to be the prisoner mom and dad are transporting.” Brittney figures he must be behind all this.

US Marshal Office:
Marshal Bullock was leaving the office and heading home. It had been a long day and he needed a drink. Kat and her crew managed to get Sebastião Tavares Rezende to the supermax with a police and army escort. He nearly fell out of his chair when she called him to tell him that.

As he stopped at a stop light. A black motorcycle pulled up alongside his SUV. The rider of the motorcycle glances at him. He couldn’t see the face of the rider, because the visor of the helmet was tinted dark. The rider waves at him and then speeds off.

The next thing Marshal Bullocks knows, is the back of his SUV exploding, as he jumps from his SUV. He hits the street hard as debris falls around him. He could feel the heat from the flames and smell the acidic smell of burning chemicals. He looks where the motorcycle rider had headed off too but couldn’t spot them.

Police, paramedics, and fire trucks show up. He is checked out by the paramedics. Afterward he is required to give a statement.

up
238 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Declaring war

Jamie Lee's picture

Going after Kat and company during their trip is one thing, but going after the family is an open declaration of war. A war those who started it were going to regret.

And should anything happen to the two kids, hell will decend with such a furry there will be no time for prayers.

Others have feelings too.

Cartel v Mafia

The Mexican and South American Cartels don't follow the same rules the Italian-American Mafia does. The cartels will go after your hospital or Sunday School teacher just for vengence if they get pissed at you. Families are fair game as far as they are concerned.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin