New Home Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

Olivia was paralyzed with fear at the sight of Miss Johnson in the doorway of the lab. The woman was just as angry as she had been last night, when she had took Stephanie away. She was looking angrily between Olivia and Bailey. "Why are you two down here?"

"Olivia made me," said Bailey.

"And why did you stick your nose where it doesn't belong?" Miss Johnson asked.

"I-I wanted to know how you turn boys into girls," said Olivia.

Miss Johnson snorted. "Well, perhaps I should tell you, since you're gonna end up terminated anyway."

Miss Johnson waved her hand, and the doors slammed shut. Bailey tried to open them, but they were locked. "I turn boys into girls with magic," Miss Johnson explained. "It's my specialty, as a witch."

"I should've known that!" said Olivia. "You put a potion in my food that I ate at the hotel, didn't you?"

"Indeed I did," said Miss Johnson. "But to make that potion, I need a certain ingredient-the X chromosomes from a young girl. My potion takes that X chromosome and imbues it into a boy's DNA. The X chromosome overpowers the Y one, diminishing it to nothing, so there is only X chromosomes. That is what turns a boy into a girl."

"To get that X chromosome," Miss Johnson continued, "I need to harvest it from a girl. I usually take a random girl off the street, but when one of my girls is terminated, she comes here."

Olivia looked at Stephanie, strapped inside the medical pod. "So these pods suck the X chromosome out of her...how?"

"It goes through her blood and sifts through the DNA," said Miss Johnson. "Then it converts the chromosome into a liquid I can use in my potion."

Olivia looked at the IVs that were inserted into Stephanie's body. "Is she...dead?"

"Not yet," said Miss Johnson. "She will be when my machine has extracted all of the X chromosome it can."

Olivia felt sick to her stomach. "Are...are you..."

"Yes," said Miss Johnson. "You and Bailey are going to be harvested for X chromosome as well. Until it kills the both of you."

"No!" said Bailey. "I didn't want to come here!"

"Well, you should've thought of that before you followed Olivia's bad example," said Miss Johnson as she snapped her fingers. Two more medical pods, just like the one Stephanie was in, appeared out of thin air. "Take all your clothes off, now."

"But-"

"Strip. Now."

Olivia and Bailey reluctantly untied their shoes, pulled off their socks, and took off their shirts. "Why do you do this?" Olivia asked as she took off her shorts.

"To get rid of all the boys in this world," said Miss Johnson. "Boys are so messy, and arrogant, and rude. The only way to get rid of them is to replace them all with girls."

"I never did anything bad when I was a boy!" Olivia exclaimed. "I was good!"

"So you think," said Miss Johnson. "Every boy is a jerk, no matter what they think. And my whole family is aiming to turn them all into girls and make this world a better place."

"You're crazy!" Bailey said, pulling her panties down.

"No I'm not," said Miss Johnson. "But I'm not as smart as some of the other witches in my family. You should've seen what my niece Christine did. She got a bunch of jerks at her school, turned them into innocent cheerleaders, and altered their memories so they only remembered being girls. I should have done that, too. Then I wouldn't have had to terminate you, or Olivia, or Stephanie."

Olivia, now fully naked, stepped up to the nearest pod. "Does it...hurt?"

"See for yourself," Miss Johnson said as she shoved Olivia into the pod and slapped metal clamps around her neck, wrists, and thighs. Then she inserted a needle into Olivia's arm.

"Ow!" Olivia screamed right as she felt the needle nosing its way into her veins.

"I'm sorry, Olivia," Miss Johnson said as she closed the pod shut. "I'd rather have terminated Vanessa or Riley than you."

***

Olivia fell asleep after an hour of being strapped inside the pod. She felt for certain that she would die within hours of being trapped in the pod. She was certain the Stephanie would die any hour now.

Olivia felt so sorry for dragging Bailey into this. Bailey had been her best friend at the Y. F. F. H. She was never a boy. She didn't deserve to be terminated.

But after sleeping through the rest of the day, Olivia woke to a pounding outside her pod. Her eyelids fluttered open to see Valeria outside her pod. "Olivia!" said Valeria. "Are you still alive?"

"Yes," Olivia said, fighting against her bonds. "What are you doing here?"

"We'll get you out," said Valeria. She climbed up onto the top of the pod and found the release clamp. Valeria undid the clamp and opened up the pod. Valeria got down and pried open the clamps holding Olivia in place. Olivia collapsed down to the floor. "Get up," said Valeria. "We can't stay here for long."

"We? Who's we?" Olivia asked.

"Us," said a familiar voice. Olivia looked up to see Piper, Sarah, and Andrea standing there. They had already released Bailey and Stephanie from their pods. Bailey was wide awake, but Stephanie was unconscious.

"You came for me?" Olivia asked. "How did you know we were down here?"

"I saw you from our dorm's window," said Valeria. "You two went down into the hotel and didn't come out. I got worried when I didn't see you at dinner. So I came down here to investigate. And now we're here to get you out."

"But-where are we gonna go?" Olivia asked.

"And we can't go naked!" Bailey added.

Piper held up a bundle of clothes. "Put these on," she said.

"Oh, thank you so much," said Olivia as she snatched a shirt, a skirt, a bra, a pair of socks, a pair of panties, and a pair of shoes. "What about Stephanie?"

"You should take her with you," said Andrea. "If she's still alive."

"Stay with me, Stephanie," Sarah was saying. She was kneeling over Steffanie, poking anf prodding her face. "Please wake up. I don't want you to die."

Stephanie wearily opened her eyes. "Sarah...is that you?"

"Yes," said Sarah. "We're rescuing you. Olivia and Bailey are gonna take you to go somewhere else."

"Where?" Stephanie asked.

"Away from here," said Valeria. "Far away, so Miss Johnson doesn't find you."

"But what are we gonna do about Miss Johnson?" Olivia asked. "We can't have her keep turning boys into girls against their will!"

"Nothing we can do about it," said Bailey.

"We should-"

"-Stop arguing for right now," said Valeria. "Get some clothes on Stephanie and take her out of here. Get as far away from here as you can."

"But where will we live?" Olivia asked.

"You'll have to find somewhere," said Valeria. "But we'll miss you here."

Olivia put her shirt on and hugged Valeria, Piper, Sarah, and Andrea. "Thank you for saving us," she said.

"You're welcome," said Valeria. "Now go find a new life."

***

Olivia, Bailey, and Stephanie left the Y. F. F. H. behind them and went all the way to the end of town. They hitched a ride on a bus that went all the way to Chicago, where the girls crashed for the next few weeks. Stephanie was still weak from spending a night in the pod, so they had to live on the Chicago streets without going anywhere. They were forced to bed passerby for money, steal food from garbage cans, and drink from public water fountains.

For several weeks, Olivia felt hopeless. She and her friends were homeless now. They would never find a home now. But everything changed after a month of homelessness. Olivia, Bailey, and Stephanie were sitting in front of the Sears Tower, holding out their donation tin they had been using for the past week. One man who was walking by paused to talk to them.

"You young ladies homeless?" he asked.

"Yes, we are," said Olivia. "Could you help us?"

"Why yes, I could," said the man. "If you're looking for a home."

Olivia gasped. "You are?"

"Why yes," said the man. "I run an orphanage for street urchins. I'd be happy to take you girls in."

Olivia was suspicious of trusting foster home owners, after Miss Johnson, but this man was very friendly. And he showed no signs of lying.

"We'd love to live at your place," said Stephanie.

"Then come with me," said the man. "Call me Mr. Hart."

Mr. Hart led the girls down the street to a large, six-story building. They went inside and were brought before the front desk. "Hello there," said the man at the desk. "Are you new here?"

"They are," said Mr. Hart. "I've been seeing them on the streets for the past week. I figured it was time to take them in."

"What are your names?" the man at the desk asked.

"I'm Olivia," said Olivia. "This is Bailey, and Stephanie."

"Welcome to our orphanage," the man at the desk said with a smile.

***

From that day forward, Olivia, Bailey, and Stephanie lived their lives at Mr. Hart's orphanage. Unlike the Y. F. F. H, it was coed, so that meant they were able to make some boy friends as well. The rooms housed only two people, so Olivia ended up bunking with Bailey again, while Stephanie ended up with another girl named Geraldine. The rooms, to Olivia's surprise, were even nicer than the ones at Miss Johnson's. The mattresses were softer, the walls had a better paint job, and there were minibars in the rooms. Olivia loved Mr. Hart's place even more than she loved the Y. F. F. H.

While Olivia felt bad that there was nothing she could do about Miss Johnson and her schemes, she was grateful she was at least able to escape. And she had found two lifelong friends in Bailey and Stephanie. That in itself made her life at Mr. Hart's orphanage even better. Olivia, Bailey, and Stephanie were now an inseparable threesome. And they all lived happily ever after.

The End.

P. S. Please comment telling me what you thought of this story. I'd appreciate it. :)

up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A lovely story with a simple plot.

How ever it moved a bit too quickly to the climax as though you were in a hurry to finish it or not sure how to finish it. You might have been able to somehow work a brief description of how they defeated Muss Johnson or somehow terminated her. Unless of course you have an idea for a second story based on that theme.
Thanks for the story, I enjoyed its simplicity and brevity/
xx Beverly.

bev_1.jpg

All's well that ends well

I enjoyed the story until the ending, where it seemed I flew downhill without any brakes to the end. If you rewrite the end, it'll be great.

I agree

There was a good amount of suspense built up about what was going to happen to the protagonists, and if there was going to a face off with Miss Johnson. The ending was kind of flat with a simple rescue and escape, and didn't really take full advantage of the previous action. That said, I thought the story was easy to read, and the descriptions and dialog was well done.

^What they all said

laika's picture

...about the rushed ending. But other than that it was pretty exciting and kept me guessing.
A far more fully realized tale than the toss-off feeling stories about the locker room story
+ the bathroom story (or maybe those were just preludes to other more complex stories,
since you kind of tied one of them in with this one briefly...)

It would be fun and provide a nice symmetry if Mr. Hart was a wizard and his orphanage
a magical place like Y.F.F.H.- but a nice one, that only turned boys into girls or vica versa
when the kids themselves wanted it. Then they could all could all saddle up
on their broomsticks and go kick those evil witch's asses.
~Veronica
.

There's a typo toward the end that you might want to correct. When the runaways got to Chicago you wrote: 'They were forced to bed strangers for money, steal food from garbage cans...' I assume you meant beg; it would be horrible for them to have to turn tricks just to survive, especially at their age.