Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 314

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling For a Bike (I did last week!)
by: Angharad wyth-beiciau.(Hope it's grammatical).
part:314

I rode home as hard and fast as I could, I had a lot to do to regain my previous fitness levels. I was hot and bothered when I got home, Tom was there working on his computer. He looked up at me and asked, "What happened to you?"

"I got attacked by a fruit salad, why?"

"You alright?" he responded to my comment.

"Yeah, I feel good, the ride back was excellent."

"Which bike did you take?"

"The Scott."

"Is that the one which started all this business?"

"Fraid so."

"Hmmm! Any news from Des?"

"He was suposed to be sending me some shooting schedules, I'll chase him up on that, Spike is already pregnant, so we need to get some pictures of her."

"I thought she looked a little plump the other day."

"I didn't know you were interested in my dormice."

"I'm not, I wanted to see one of the technicians who happened to be shoving nuts down her throat as fast as she could swallow them."

"I hope you stopped them," I was quite worried.

"Of course I did, what do you think I am?"

"Can I plead the fifth amendment on that?"

"In case you hadn't noticed, we aren't in America yet, despite various governments trying to sell us out to them."

"If Tony Blair played cricket would he be a spin bowler?" I suddenly asked.

"Dunno, would he?"

I shrugged, "Gordon Brown would be a slow bowler."

"Maybe, go and shower and make us some dinner."

"Yes boss," I saluted him and ran up stairs. The shower was so refreshing, I was tempted to stand there all evening.

"So how was Stella?" Tom asked as we were eating.

"Better I think, she assaulted me with a fruit salad."

"Different, I suppose!" Was all he said.

"I think she was bored, so she looks to amuse herself at the expense of mere mortals like me."

"Did you throw things back?"

"No, of course not, why?"

"I'm glad I have the sane one home."

"I always thought I was the crazy one."

"You are, but you are so crazy you've come out the other side."

"Does that mean I'm sane?"

"I wouldn't go that far...!" He smiled and I wrinkled up my nose at him.

"Dessert is?" He asked.

"Fruit?" I joked. He laughed and eventually so did I.

"When does she go to the clinic?"

"Tomorrow or the next day."

"You won't be able to cycle in to see her then, too far isn't it?"

"Yes I know, and it's not so much a question of too far, rather that I'd take all day to get there."

He shook his head, "That's what I mean."

"Fancy coming for a walk with the dog?"

"Yeah, can I just put the dishwasher on."

"A coat might be warmer."

"I was horrified at his pun. I liked him because he was different to most any other of my teacher's and tutors. He didn't usually do puns, that was Simon's territory. It disturbed me.

We collected the dog from the garden and once she saw the lead she was bouncing all over the place. I felt like saying to her, "Behave or we won't go." It would have been pointless as she doesn't speak any useful languages a bit like the average student these days.

The walk was rather good, we only did a couple of miles but it helped me relax and I had a simple chat with Tom about anything and nothing. When we got home, I had a quick cuppa and went to bed, Tom was still working.

The next morning I went into the university and once the word got out, I had several students come to see me. I was able to check the data coming from the students I'd delegated the dormouse watch. They were doing a great job and that was one less worry.

I had the schedules from Des for shooting the film and was horrified to realise if we went ahead, that we would be starting in a week's time. I'm not sure Simon would appreciate it. Tom didn't offer to put him up even though he had a spare room, so I left him to book somewhere. I felt mean but safer.

Simon called to say he wouldn't be home until friday night, I told him about Des and his tone changed. "Don't let that bastard anywhere near you without a third party, he's a real opportunist."

"I know, Simon, that's why I didn't ask Tom to put him up."

"Good grief, don't do that for God's sake."

"I'm not Simon, you weren't listening."

"Don't let him in the house, he's a real manipulator and you won't know he's done it until he's had what he wants. In your case that's you."

"I have told him several times that I love you," I said with conviction.

"That won't stop him, keep him at arm's length, I'm saying this for your own sake, that man is dangerous."

"So why did Henry insist on using him?"

"He's brilliant at what he does."

It was going to be one of those days.

up
160 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What?

Des is brilliant at seducing women? I suppose that is some compensation for being an essentially shallow man.

If Tom is going to start punning, then Cathy should make him do his own cooking and washing up.

Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

314

This chapter is better than one hundred pies.

I Can SeeSimon Protecting His Turf From That Des

Because he knows all about him. Des maybe great at what he does but he will do anything in a skirt.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Simon sounds a bit more worried...

... about Des THIS time... Wouldn't it be funny, if Des acted the gentleman the WHOLE time - with Cathy ubber stressed. :-)

And, nothing wrong with a good pun...

Thanks for continuing this - whatever it is. :-)

Annette

So

So when is the new character coming on board. OH! I just a interesting thought! Monica could chaperon them! Cathy would be safe then!

SHE'S SPEAKING IN TONGUES

SHE'S SPEAKING IN TONGUES AGAIN ! Whiz, talk to her
How much am I bid for this lovely green island with the split personality ? Come, Come, there's another larger one coming up later, what am I bid ?
Ron and the Iron Maiden tried once, thank God for Dennis! ( how'd I do for a Yank?)
Please, not trouble with Des.

Cefin

'A coat might be warmer'. My

'A coat might be warmer'. My kind of silly humour. But not a pun.
But why was Cathy horrified?

Claire Stafford