Travel Through Time and Space Part 9

Printer-friendly version

Patricia watches the fighter as they got closer to Saturn. So, far the alien fighter hadn’t picked her up yet. Ghost stealth was top of the line and not many alien races could penetrate his systems.

They approach carefully as they observed the alien craft. The way it was moving, looked like it was just doing standard recon.

“Ghost, are you picking up on any transmissions or scans emitting from the fighter?” Patricia was curious as she just watches.

“They are doing a low-level sensor scan of the area.” Ghost picked up on an active scan coming from the fighter.

“I wonder what they are looking for?” Patricia just watches from the safety inside the ring.

Patricia watches as the fighter continues searching. She wonders if there was a ship hiding in the system.

“Ghost, are your sensors picking up anything unusual in the system?”

Ghost does a passive scan of the area and finds nothing unusual. He is careful as he scans near the alien fighter.

“The area is clear, Pat. There’s nothing out here, but the two of us.”

“Alright, let’s sit here and observe. Also, do as many low-level scans of that fighter, so we can identify what race it belongs to.” Pat takes one of her packaged water pouches and suck the water out of it.

Aero Flight Industries:
Janet finally woke-up and noticed she was in her own bedroom. She saw the medical monitoring equipment next to her bed, monitoring her vitals. Her head still ache from whatever that light had done to her. It felt like her brain had been on fire as the light feed her information.

Janice comes walking into her mother’s bedroom to check on her. She notices her mother awake and looking around.

“You seem to be better, mom.” Janice had flown in from Fresno Surgical Hospital when her brother Andy called her to have her come to the mountain.

“What are you doing here, Janice?” Janet looks towards her oldest daughter.

“Andy called me and told me you had an accident. So, I took some time off to come home and take care of you.” Janice was surprised to learn what happened to her mother.

The medical staff here at the mountain had run all sorts of test and the only thing they could find was a high level of brain activity going on. According to what her brother told her, some person named Patricia said that all the information that was in the computer on the alien ship had been transmitted into her mother’s brain.

They haven’t been able to locate Patricia or her fighter for the past few hours. The guards that were stationed at the hangar her fighter was in, said she took off a few hours ago. She wanted to talk to her.

Janice checks her mother’s vitals and her eyes, which were weird now. They were all black.

“Mom, can you still see alright?” Janice was watching her mother’s eyes.

“I can see fine dear. Why do you ask?” Janet was curious why her daughter asked that question.

“Because your eyes are completely black, mom.” Janice walks over towards her dressing table and grabs one of her mother’s mirror.

Janet accepts the mirror from her daughter and looks at her eyes. They were completely black. You couldn’t see or make out her pupil at all.

She couldn’t believe how her eyes look. She puts the mirror down and looks at her daughter.

“Mom, how is your head feeling?” Janice was curious about her mother’s head.

“It still hurts some, but not as bad as it did. Did Tammi and your brother secure the alien ship?”

“Yep, it’s locked up in the R&D hangar. Also, I looked over Andy’s friend William and his other friend Arthur. Whatever the ray did to them.
Changed them into fully functional young women that are in their early twenties.” Janice was surprised that they had aged backwards and were fully functional as well.

“Did you do a full range of medical test on them?” Janet was curious about them.

“Yes mom. I and your medical team here has done a full medical test on them. They took samples and everything we would need to test.” Janice stops and look at her mother.

“How am I physically?” Janet was curious.

“Physically, your fine. I can’t find anything wrong with you. However, your brain activity is off the chart. I want to run a battery of test to see how fast you process information now.” Janice would love to perform test on her mother.

“I don’t think so, young lady. I’ll get Dr. Zake to perform the test.” Janet wasn’t going to allow her daughter to perform the test.

“Fine, spoil my fun, mom.” Janice pouts some as she finishes up her examination.

“Tammi wants to come in and talk with you. Are you up to some more company?”

“Yes, I’m up to more company. I would like to get back to work, but knowing you like I do. You’re not going to clear me, are you?” Janet looks at her oldest daughter.

“Nope, not till I get the results from the test mom. I know how you are.” Janice walks over to the bedroom door and opens it.

Tammi was waiting until she got permission to see her wife. She was startled when the bedroom door opened.

“You can see her now.” Janice walks out.

“Thank Janice.” As Tammi walks into the room.

Saturn’s Rings:
Patricia waits before she leaves the safety of the rings. The fighter she had been watching and recording finally left the system. She would pursue after it, but she didn’t have her flight suit.

“Ghost, plot a course back to earth.”

“Course plotted, Pat.” Ghost warms up the engines.

“Engage.” As Pat mentally flies the fighter back to earth.

up
228 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So now Janet is a walking,

So now Janet is a walking, talking human computer? Should lead to a very interesting life indeed.

Rescuers?

Jamie Lee's picture

Pat does have a kanundrum, she knows what has transpired during this time but can't say a lot without affecting her time. At the same time she has to endure the wrath of others because she didn't tell them what was going to happen before it happened.

The reason for their anger shows they don't have a real understanding of cause and affect.

That ship in system might be a rescue ship looking for survivers from the wreck on Mars. Or someone looking to expand their real estate.

Others have feelings too.