Mother - and daughter too.

Printer-friendly version

Mother – and daughter too.

Auntie owned a dress-shop. Yes, I know now that’s the introduction to a whole sub-section of transvestite literature. I didn’t know it then. All I knew was that my mum had a sister in faraway Leeds and they rarely met, rarely spoke to each other and in fact mum rarely spoke of Aunt Lily. Perhaps Mum knew that working in a dress shop would be the right thing for me.

An AP-500 starter-story.


Out of the blue, Auntie offered me a job. It would be my first time far from home. A new life, new opportunities, new people, new everything. The dress-shop was old-fashioned, like most clients. Away from the city-centre, an area a little neglected. Again – like the clients. But it was a big shop with a full range – from teen to old-lady. From short, to tall, to, um, large.

I learnt quickly. Backstage to start with; learning about sizes, materials, everything. Then into the shop at quiet times where Aunt Lily could watch and help. Soon Auntie decided I was good at the job; needing less watching or helping. I had an eye for sizing and a style of selling that persuaded even the most unwilling of slimsters that, ‘perhaps, not yet such a good fit as would suit them’. Sometimes that way, I sold twice, the target size as well as the correct fitting.

Then I got a big surprise. A lady came in – that was a better label than client or customer. But, she wasn’t a she. Quite clearly not. Her clothes were well-chosen but she didn’t have the walk right. Or the voice! Or the figure|

I took a deep breath, and was about to ask how I could help when Aunt Lily swooped – and swished. “Miss Martin, how nice to see you. How can we help today.”

That was unexpected, I thought to myself as they chatted. I kept my eye on the rest of the shop so I didn’t hear anything they talked about..

Then Aunt Lily opened the pit for me to fall in. “Morgan dear, Miss Martin would like to be shown the new range of dresses from Avventura. If you can be ready as and when, mmm, yes?”

“Right, Miss Martin, if you could walk this way.”

“Oh, honey, if I could walk that way ….. sorry, an old joke.”

I began to relax. Someone with a sense of humour like that was my kind of wo….man. I could feel my brain hesitate and then a ‘click’ of ‘let’s move on – she’s just as much a girl as you’. And as we took those few steps, I got the message - not ‘as I was’ but ‘as I wanted’. And I was in the right place for helping ME.

Somehow, we started chatting and he, she, oops, was very calm and open about wearing women’s clothes and the effort of shopping.

I saw her take a deep breath and ask “Sometime would you help my young daughter to buy some proper teenage clothes, dresses and so on?”

“Your … daughter.”

“Yes, she’s wanting to learn all the girl-stuff. Everything – all the firsts. You remember, the first bra, the first dress, the first makeover, the first quality lingerie too. All the things that make it so wonderful to be female.”

This was new – and interesting. “I can do that. I’d love to help a girl, yes? “I hesitated, questioning, “learn all that.”

“Yes, my girl.” She whispered. “Like me.”

-------------------
Yet another AP-500 story.

up
155 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos