Camelot Network Solutions Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Gloria finds Morgana at her workstation doing some satellite tracking. She stands near her as she watches Morgana track a Lear Jet from Colorado to New Mexico. It looked to be an old airfield as they watched the Lear land in New Mexico.

“Who are you tracking?” Gloria knew Morgana must be doing a job for one of their special clients.

“Mr. Bounty hired us to locate an escaped prisoner from Colorado’s supermax prison. I still can’t believe he managed to break out of prison, just after one day.” Morgana had watched the television broadcast on one of her monitors.

“Who is it that escape?” Gloria sits down next to her in the chair reserved for Arthur.

“Sebastião Tavares Rezende, an arms dealer that deserves to be put down into the deepest, darkest hole we can find.” Morgana brings his files up on another monitor. She had a nine-monitor set-up at her workstation.

Arthur had the same set-up as Morgana and so did Gloria. They also had big screens that they could transfer the information to be displayed.
Two monitors showed where the satellites they had access too were at. So, if they needed one for a job, they could use it.

“Is Mr. Bounty handling this job?” Gloria knew he was their silent partner.

“Nope, we're working for the Marshal service. Especially, the Deputy Director of the Marshal service. Mr. Bounty said to pass all information to Deputy Marshal Running Bear and Marshal Marsha Smith.” Morgana couldn’t believe the request she got from Mr. Bounty, but if he said to do it, then she was to do it.

“I wonder who they are?” Gloria watches her friend.

“Marshal Running Bear worked with Mr. Bounty when he was still with MI 6. As for Marshal Marsha Smith, she is one badass Marshal. She has over two hundred kills and has never lost a witness placed in her custody. Her husband isn’t someone I would want to mess with. He’s a defense lawyer for Ruth, Max & Smith. One of the biggest law firms around. His batting average is three hundred wins to forty losses.”
Morgana had been impressed when she looked him up.

“So, is Marshal Smith working with Deputy Marshal Running Bear?” Gloria was trying to figure this out.

“Nope, she’s going after someone else. However, she might end up working with him. All I know, Mr. Bounty wants us to provide technical
support for them. Also, Anika needs us to keep a bird’s eye view in England around where Prince Charles lives. The Black Knight has been damaged.” Morgana couldn’t believe the footage she saw of that.

Someone tried to kill Mouse and Terry using attack drones. She could have taken control of Spirit and used him to protect Mouse and Terry.
She covers up a yawn as she fights to stay awake.

“Go, take a nap, Morgana. I can cover you while you rest up. Where’s Arthur?”

“He’s down in the server room. Him and Lancelot are tracking down a problem. One of the server racks were overheating.” An alert had been sent to Morgana’s computer letting her know.

“That shouldn’t happen. We set those servers up, so it wouldn’t have a problem.” Gloria was stump on that one.

“I know, Arthur and Lancelot can handle the problem.” Morgana locks her station and transfers what work she needed to be done to Gloria’s station.

“Alright, I’ve transferred what still needs to be done to your station. I’m going to go and grab something to eat and some sleep.” Morgana rolls backward from her keyboard.

Server Room:
“Will you get out of my server room?” Tinker comes walking towards Arthur and Lancelot.

“Morgana got an alert that one of the servers were overheating.” Arthur looks towards Tinker.

They hired her recently to maintain all the equipment at the site. She had several degrees in engineering and had a way with machinery. She was fired from her last job because her supervisor was by-passing safety procedures in order to get the job done on time.

“I know, I got the same alert on my Ipad. I tracked the problem down to a bad flow meter that controls how much cooling this area got. The server is fine.” Tinker walks over the server and measure the temperature of the unit.

“See?” As she shows them the unit temperature.

Arthur and Lancelot look at the temperature she was showing them. It was within the range they liked all the equipment to operate at. She was using a normal temperature meter that displayed the temp.

“How are the tanks doing?” Arthur wanted to make sure the coolant was at the level they needed to keep.

“Everything is fine. I was heading up to the fourth floor to check the new computers we installed.” Tinker liked her new job. They didn’t judge her for being transgender.

“Alright and thanks, Tinker.” Arthur and Lancelot walk away and head up to the cafeteria to grab something to eat.

“I heard that Tristan finally got in.” As they take the elevator up to the second floor.

“Yep, he did and he’s already settling into his new apartment.” As Arthur and Lancelot walk into the cafeteria.

They noticed that some of the people they hired to help around the place were taking advantage of the cafeteria. They hired a nice Chef to set-up the menu and cook the food.

Arthur looks at the special, which was roast beef with all the fixings. He gets that, while Lancelot gets some sort French dish called Bœuf bourguignon (beef stewed in red wine).

They sat at a table not far from the door to the cafeteria and enjoyed the food. When Morgana first approached Arthur about upgrading the place. He was skeptical about it, but as the two of them kept talking about. He started thinking about more and realized it was a good idea.

She was willing to put up all her money and then when Mr. Bounty was willing to invest money into their business. It made them better and gave them an advantage over their competitors.

He looks around for a few seconds and goes back to eating. He spots Tinker as she came walking into the cafeteria. He watches as she stood in line and finally paid for her food. He waves her over towards him and Lancelot’s table.

Tinker decided, instead of heading up towards the fourth floor, decided to get some food instead. She walks over and sits down with Arthur and Lancelot.

“Thanks.” She sits down with them.

“I thought you were going to the fourth floor?” Arthur watches Tinker.

“My stomach started growling. So, after I finish eating, I’ll go and check them out.” Tinker takes a bite of the roast beef she got.

“Take your time and enjoy your meal, Tinker.” As Arthur starts eating his desert.

After Tinker finishes her dinner and dessert. She heads up to the fourth floor to checks the computers out. The ones they installed were working fine and on their proper network. Tinker finishes up what she came to do and head down to her apartment.

Morgana and Arthur felt, that if she was going to be the head maintenance person. She should have her own apartment at the Castle. She walks into her apartment and starts removing her work coveralls.

Once she is undress, she heads towards her bathroom to relax.

up
197 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Computer may not be as sexy

as guns, But they can be a lot more useful long term.

Not if you

Put a bullet through the computer. Gun - 1, Computer - Nil.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin