Primal Book Two - Katie's Return

Printer-friendly version

Oh, hell no! It can't end like that. – Edward

Edward was talking about PRIMAL, the first book of this series.

You're right Edward, it does not end that way. I would not be so cruel to the people who have shared Katie's story as to leave you without “the rest of the story”.

AttachmentSize
PDF icon Primal Book Two - Katie's Return608.35 KB
up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thoroughly confused.

Part one ended like this. "“Move out!” the Colonel yelled.

I was marched out the front doors of the court house and into a waiting armored truck."

Part two begins like this.
-
December 2076
-
A visit to the Big House

Katie looked through the window of the limousine at holiday shoppers and businessmen as they rushed through the wintry weather. The mix of snow and rain reminded her of the pack’s territory in the mountains west of Bear Lake."

Part two gives us a huge jump in time and It's like a whole chapter or chapters are missing?

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Good evening....

Yes, there is a big jump in time, between the two stories. As you move forward in Katie's Return, you will learn what happens during that gap.

Oh!

Podracer's picture

Such a welcome sequel. It shares the high standard of Primal. Also, it hints at an unfinished tale, not a false hope we pray.
A more integrated Katie is a good thing. I guess she will never be homogeneous in her head though, with two worlds that she needs to live in.

"Reach for the sun."

Primal two

Great, now I have to hope for part three. Seriously this is a great story and I would hate to see it end. The way two ended was much happier than book one but it still seems more like a pause than an ending, so I'll just have to watch and hope for part three.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Time Line

Might want to consider covering the time after the court, the jump in time thou kinda sorta explained; leaves something to be desired. Thou I'm not saying I'm not enjoying the story. Hope to see part 3 soon :). Good job

Katie's Return

The gap between stories does get covered in a thumbnail way in a number of scenes and flashbacks throughout the story. The three years of internment in the camp would have been too brutal to put down on paper, and would not have made for a good story.

Wonderful story

Jamie Lee's picture

Because of past AHs people in the present are forced to suffer every manner of degradation due to no fault of their own. If these people had acquired the flu, mumps, or any other known illness people would be working their butts off to find a cure.

But because the current changes are so bazaar, so different, in some cases, so frightening, fear becomes the norm for those unaffected. What has taken place is a jump back to when non-whites were treated as non-humans.

Those who decided the changed were no longer human became non-human the minute they made that decision. The unchanged were living with non-changed with a variety of differences but never considered them non-human. The minute the changed were deemed non-human those making that claim became hypocrites. They also showed how immature the human race continued to be.

Katie's last time being arrested should never have happened because those present in that church knew she had nothing to do with the death of that man. And an autopsy would have shown that man had been electrocuted and not mauled to death. To save the boy who did kill that man they let Katie take the blame. At this point, who was the animal and who was the true human?

This fabulous story can't end with Katie and Greg being pregnant, there must be more to the story of their life together. Hmmm?

Others have feelings too.

Katie's Return

Karl Quosig's picture

Very well written sequel to Primal. You have again left it open for the next sequel since Katie is now Preggers. So now you will just have to find time to write, write, write. Need some more of Rejuvenation if you run out of something to do. Do you hear your fans calling? Keep up the good work, I for one enjoy it.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Chopper Quosig