Burger Queen Chp. 13

Printer-friendly version

Alissa walks around the new food truck Gregory had bought with the insurance money from the accident. It needed Bobby’s special touch, to make it look like the old one. She was going to miss her old food truck because it held memories she had of her uncle.

“Well, what do you think, Alissa? It’s a little bit roomier and is equipped with everything you had in the old one.” Gregory loved the new truck.

“It’s nice Gregory, but it's not my uncle’s.” As tears slide down her cheeks.

Gregory walks over to her and wraps his arm around her shoulder. He holds her as she cries. He knew the old truck meant a lot to Alissa. He just holds her, till she stops.

“The food inspector is coming over this afternoon, to inspect the truck. Also, Bobby said she could have the new truck painted this weekend.”
Gregory knew Bobby was still recovering from the accident as well.

To help her overcome what happened to her and Meisa. Bobby wanted to get back to work right away. She already started on several paintings that reflected how she felt.

Meisa, on the other hand, was slowly recovering from her ordeal. She, just like Alissa was a little jumpy when riding in cars. The two of them still felt uneasy about riding in cars or sudden stops.

Gregory escorts Alissa towards the garage where he knew she would want to be. Cooking was one of the things that relax her and helped her feel better.

“I thought you might like to peddle around in the kitchen for a while.” Gregory sits Alissa in one of the chairs.

“Your right.” Alissa looks over towards their whiteboard and at all the catering jobs they have lined up.

The catering jobs themselves were going to make up some of the business and expenses they lost when the food truck was damaged beyond repair. The food carts that Gregory bought were already at the locations they were covering. They were doing alright, and sales were still good.
Alissa gets up and heads towards the walk-in freezer and grab the ingredients she was going to need to make replacement burgers for the carts. She watches as Gregory walks outside to await the food inspector.

Inspector Donald couldn’t believe he had been assigned to go to Skyvue Catering Service. The business that was own by the filthy transgender person. This time he planned on being a royal pain to her and drag out the inspection.

He pulls up to the location and as he gets out to head towards the converted garage. He is met by someone different. A young man with dark hair, wearing a Black t-shirt with the catering name on the right-hand side of it, faded blue jeans and a pair of light brown cowboy boots. He spots a brand new food truck sitting in the driveway.

“Hi, I’m Gregory Brown, one of the owners of Burger Queen.” Gregory sticks his hand out to shake the inspector’s hand.

“Inspector Donald Stone, so, you are partners with Alissa Spencer?” As he shakes Gregory’s hand.

“Yes, I’m her partner.” Gregory wonders if this is the asshole Alissa told him about.

“Well, then. Let’s see what I can find in this truck.” As he takes a pair of gloves out.

“You shouldn’t find anything. It’s a brand-new truck.” Gregory follows behind the inspector as he goes aboard the truck.

Inspector Stone turns around to face Gregory “I can do this myself. I don’t need you to accompany me.”

“True, but I’m going to keep you honest.” Gregory just smiles at him.

“If you don’t leave Mr. Brown, I won’t continue my inspection.” Donald puts his pen away.

“Well, I guess we are at an impasse then, because for you to get off the truck, you have to get past me. I’m not moving till you do.” Gregory wasn’t going to play this inspectors game.

The inspector looks at Gregory and could see that he couldn’t intimidate this fellow. He didn’t look like the type of person to back down. The other owner, on the other hand, was different. She would back down.

“Fine!” Donald goes about inspecting the truck.

By the time he finished with the inspection. He couldn’t find anything wrong with the food truck.

“You passed your inspection.” Donald writes the permit and gives it to Gregory.

“Thank you so much and have a nice day.” Gregory had a pleasant smile on his face.

He watches as Inspector Stone walks back to his vehicle. Once stone drives off, he heads back into the kitchen. He notices Alissa making hamburger patties and chicken patties to replace the ones they sold.

Alissa looks up when she notices Gregory walk-in “did we pass?”

“Yep, we passed. The new truck is ready to go back out on the road.” Gregory saw a smile appear on Alissa’s face.

“I thought that would make you happy.” As he walks over and gives her a kiss.

“It has, thank you.” She returns the kiss.

Afterward, Gregory sits down at the work table and finish helping her get things ready for tomorrow. Once, they have gotten all the vegetables and sauces ready. They start working on loading the truck for tomorrow.

They were still going to use the food carts but at different locations. The crew on the truck will stop by to check on them and refresh anything they need. That way they will have three locations.

Once everyone arrives back to the garage for the night. They all gather in Alissa’s house, while she fixes dinner for them.

“The new food truck has been given a full bill of health. We’re also going to keep the food carts as well. So, I was wondering who would like to remain with the food carts and who wants to be on the truck?” Gregory looks around.

“I think I would prefer to stay with the food cart.” Meisa looks at Gregory when she speaks.

“Well, I’m staying with the truck and Alissa.” Bobby still fit uncomfortable from the accident, but she was ready to go back on it.

Marylin looks at Gregory and in a soft voice “I would like to keep running my cart. The customers know me and like how I prepare the burgers.”

Gregory looks at Marylin. She was hired on while Alissa, Bobby, and Meisa were in the hospital. She was transgender and saw the advertisement Alissa had posted at the center before her accident.

“Alright, Meisa you can handle food cart number 1, Marylin you can handle food cart number 2 and Alissa, Bobby and Lucas can handle the truck.” Gregory looks over towards Lucas, he was another new hire and had a degree in the culinary arts like himself and Alissa.

He was also a female to male transgender. He just had his final operation to have a penis and testes.

“Will I have time to paint this truck, like we did the last one?” Bobby looks over towards Gregory since he seems to be in charge right now.

“Can you do it over the weekend?” Gregory looks at Bobby. She could do it at the garage like last time.

“If I’m not interrupted, yes.” Bobby knew she could do it in two days.

“Alright, I’ll take the truck over to the garage tonight and get it prepped for you.”

“Thank you.” Bobby still had the paints from the first time she did the job.

The rest of the hour they the group enjoys their dinner. There is small talk about the upcoming catering jobs they have been hired for. They also had a few Christmas parties they had been hired for.

When everyone leaves or the night, Gregory and Alissa heads towards her bedroom and lay down together. All Alissa wants is for Gregory to just hold her. No sex or anything. She just wanted to be held in his arms as they slept.

up
182 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm, something tells me that

Hmmm, something tells me that they need to be on the lookout for "unannounced" inspections by Stone. He has an agenda, and now that he has been "ambushed" by Gregory, I can see him trying to play big time. He has already 'signaled' his dislike for TG/TS people and most definitely Alissa.