Amber pt 12 **** A Kymmie Verse story****

Printer-friendly version

Amber pt 12 **** A Kymmie Verse Story*****

My nurse came to me as I was finishing with a patient.

“Amber, Their is a Mrs Robinson on line 3 wanting to talk to you. Something about Kelsey and her daughter, Brook.” She said.

“Thank you Tawny. I'll take it in my office” As I went to my office I thought Robinson must be Brooks last name. Taking a seat at my desk.

“Hello, this is Dr Reid. How may I help you Mrs Robinson?” I said answering.

“Well I think you can call me Sally, being our daughters are married.”

“Sally, What are you talking about. Kelsey and Brook are planning on marrying after they both graduate.”

“Doc,” Sally said.

“Amber, please.”

“OK, Amber. Yeah, that is what they told us over the weekend. Today I found Brook wearing both an engagement ring AND a wedding band. When I asked her about it. She admitted that her and Kelsey got married last night. She also told me something about Kelsey owning her work and having millions.”

“What?” I said. “ Sally we need to talk.I was just going to take lunch. Can you meet me at Rams Horn in Farmington in 20 minutes.”

“I sure can. I'll see you then.”
We hung up.
I immediately called Greg.

“Greg Reid, How can I help you?”

“Hey, we may have a problem. I started.

“What problem. What's been happening?”

I continued. “ It's complicated.”

“What's that”

"I just got off the phone with Brooks Mom, Sally Robinson. She told me somethings about Kelsey and Brook.”

“What?”

“Can you meet Sally, her husband, and me at the Farmington Rams horn.?”

Sure, I'll leave right now.”

Sally Robinson was waiting when me and Greg pulled up.
“Sally,” I said as Greg and I walked up, We shook hands. “ Sally this is my husband, Greg.”
Greg shook her hand too, “ Finally able to meet the future in-laws.” Sally said.

“I didn't fill him in.” I said.
Brook's dad walked up.

“Greg, Amber this is my husband. Tom. Tom this is Kelsey's parents, Greg and you know Dr. Reid.”

“Amber” She said as they shook hands. “ Let's find a table and have a discussion.”
They where seated at a table in the corner as I asked. We all ordered drinks and food.

“So, What is going on?” Greg asked.

“Well as we all know our Brook is in love with Kelsey.” Sally started.

“yes,” I said.

“On Saturday night. The girls told us about Kelsey's. Let's say peculiarity, Also two of your other daughters and you, Amber.”

“OK, And” Greg said.

“First is it true?” Sally continued.

“Yes, it is. Kennedy, Kelsey, Keira and myself are transsexuals.”

“We are fine with that. We are also fine with Brook and Kelsey seeing each other. We can see that love they feel for each
other is strong.

“Us too. We had a talk with Kelsey when they first got together. Her love for Brook is like Me and Amber. We love each other like Kelsey loves Brook. It's hard to explain.”

“Well honey, the big reason we are here now is to discuss the recent happening” I commented.

“And what is that?”
Sally started. “ Well I'll start from the beginning. This morning Brook came down for breakfast. Her sister Meagan noticed that Brook had on two rings on her left hand. I had Brook show me. One was an engagement ring the other was a matching wedding band. She evaded the question. She then told me the she and Kelsey had gotten legally married last night. Somehow they got around the age thing and found someone to officiate. I believe her.” Everyone listened.

“She also said something about her grandparents having a room for Kelsey at their house?”

“That is true, my parents live in Clarkston and have a huge house with 11 bedrooms. One for each of the girls and one for us.” Amber answered. “ They own 5 Harley dealerships.”

“OK,” Sally continued. “ Brook also said something about Kelsey owning the place she works at and has quite a bit of money.”

Greg answered this time, “ In a matter of fact, Kelsey does own the company that owns the Skatin' Station. As for money, she does have a few million in the bank.”

“You see, my fathers hobby is the stock market” I cut in. “ He wanted to make sure his grand children where taken care of in the future. He purchased 1000 shares for each of them of Apple, 1000 for us too. when they first started growing years ago. You know what happened to that stock. So each of our girls have several million in the bank. My father will occasionally invest some for us. He has a knack with the market.”

“OK, that clears that up. Now how about them being married.” Sally said. “ several problems. One is their age. They are a little young to be married. Brook is only 16.”

“Kelsey is 17. yes, a little young but If their love is like ours. They will be together forever.”

Continuing Sally said, “ What about school in the fall?”

“Brook did say she wanted to finish school.” Tom added.

“As does Kelsey, they can go to school as normal high schoolers.”

“OK, What about living arrangements?”

“We are OK with the two of them staying at our place. All though Kelsey does share a room with one of her sisters. It may invade their privacy.”

“They can stay at ours too. But privacy can lead to baby making.”

“Intimacy does come with marriage. We all know that. While I do want to be a grandma someday. Not too soon though. We cannot keep them from being intimate, we will have to let them know that for their own good. They should use protection.”

“Brook has been on the pill for 2 years now. I don't think she has been sexually active, at all. Just as a precaution.”

“I agree, our 7 are also on the pill.” I said.

“So,” Tom said, “ While this is strange we approve of the girls marriage.”
Everybody at the table nodded.

“Since we are in agreement, do we want to do something for the happy couple?” I added.

“You did invite us over for a bar-b-q on Sunday. Why not make it a wedding reception? Just for immediate family.”

“Sounds like a great idea. I know my parents will come. Greg's are in FL so they may not. My brother and sister and their
families will come.”

“My dad passed a couple years ago, my Mom is in AZ. So she may not be able to make it. Tom lost his just after Megan was born. His sister may come.”

“Now that is settled. Do we let them know about the reception or have it surprise?” Greg said.

“Well they already think that we are having a Barbecue on Sunday. Let's just keep that planned. How do we get them out of the house for it to be a surprise?” I added.

“Kelsey has plans on building their Marauder, maybe we can get them to my brother in laws shop for some reason or another.”

“That should just work.” Tom said.

“Now to have them wear something nice.”

“If they wear anything other we will just have to tell them to change into something nicer for the barbecue.”

“So it is settled, Let's keep in touch about the planning.” We will tell the girls we are OK with their marriage.”

I had a light patient load that afternoon and asked one of my partners to handle it. Greg returned to work as did Tom Robinson. I invited Sally over to talk to Brook and Kelsey.

She followed me home from the Rams Horn. She parked behind the crown vic. Who's is that. It has to be Kelsey's.
Going in the front door, Maxie. Kelsey's sheltie began barking. “ Maxie quiet.”
Going into the living room.

“Brook, Kelsey can you come up here.” Sally Robinson called.

A few seconds later, Kendra walked though the living room. “ Hi, Mom. I thought you worked today.”

“I did but There is something I have to talk to your sister about. So scoot?” I said. Turning to Sally. “ That was one of my other daughters, Kendra.”

“I forgot that Kelsey said she had three identical sisters.”

“At times it can be hard, with both identical quadruplets and identical triplets.”

Slowly Kelsey poked her head around the corner from the hall.

“Hi, Moms”

“Kelsey, is Brook with you?” I asked.

"Yes, she's right here.”

“Come on and have a seat, we need to talk to you both.” Sally said.

“OK” Kelsey and Brook slowly made their way to the couch holding hands all the way.

“Yes,” Brook said. In a nervous voice. Kelsey gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

“Well,” Sally started. “ What I was told by Brook this morning threw me for a loop. We knew you where going to get married after school. Neither of us, your fathers included. Ever thought you would do this.”

“But Mom, We love each other deeply and nothing will change that.” Brook said softly.

“Let your mom finish.” I added.

“That we know also. However what is done is done. We cannot change that. With some discussion we are all OK with it. You can stay at either house, You are our married daughters.” Brook and Kelsey smiled at each other.

“But something we would like you two to promise, us?” I said.
Still smiling, Kelsey answered. “ Sure”

“A couple of things,” Sally started again. “ We realize that being married also means being intimate. While we both want to be Grandmothers.” I nodded. “ We feel that your schooling should come first. But we cannot stop you. Just a little advice.”

“Mom, Moms, we have discussed that. Brook is on the pill but that is not 100% as you know. If it should happen. We are prepared to be parents.” Kelsey added.

“We also will keep this in the family, your sisters, your aunts and uncle. Along with your grandparents will know. A side from them. You can tell anyone you like but We think it might be better just in the family for now.”

“OK, We do want a regular wedding once we graduate. We both want beautiful wedding gowns, I am sure Daddy wants to walk me down the isle.” Brook said.

“Yeah, me too” Kelsey added.

“Girls, your fathers would be honored to do that.” I said.

“That is all for now. Just remember the barbecue on Sunday. I think Grandma and Grandpa would like to come, and you aunt's, uncles, and your cousins would like to meet your wife.”

“OK, that would be great.” Kelsey said.

“Please wear something nice.”

“MOM,” they both said.

“We mean it.”

“We will.”

Brook and Kelsey went back to Kelsey's room.

“I have a feeling that they were expecting bad news.” Sally said.

“Me, too.”

We exchanged phone numbers.

“Give me a call and we'll work on plans for the barbecue.”

“OK, Talk to you soon.”

The next couple of days I called, Mom and Dad and told them what they did. They were overjoyed. Then started with the Great grandparent stuff. I had to tell them to cool it school first for the girls.

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm, looks like all their

Hmmm, looks like all their "new" lives are going to be much different than they dreamed of at the beginning of the day.

Surely I am dating myself, but ...

AuPreviner's picture

I saw the blurb for this story and chuckled. Am I the only one who gets the "Brooks Robinson" reference?

At least, at some point, you have to mention that someone gets to third base with Brook. hint hint ;-)

AuP

P.S. And make sure it happens either in Baltimore or on a baseball diamond


"Love is like linens; after changed the sweeter." – John Fletcher (1579–1625)