Shadowsblade: School year 2.....Closer on a Drow?

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.

In this chapter


The struggle is real and the twins are in the middle of it!


Note!!!

this chapter is the twins more in a normal life, but with what Ellena has their mistress hovering over them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, October 4 9:20AM
Whateley Academy

The main gate rang Sam's phone and she picked it up via her virtual connection to the net without even a motion towards the now ringing handset, "Yes what is wrong now?" she growled, sounding more than upset over the phone line because it seemed to her that a new issue was popping up each and everyday of this new school term and year!

"Admiral, we have both the MCO here, plus the FBI and a rep from the California DA's office too! All of them want in to talk with a student of ours."

"About what?" she had to ask while still pouring a cup of coffee for the morning, one that she only drank for the flavor because her body was mostly nano-machine now.

"Sam," the guard sighed in defeat, "they want a talk with the Leigh twins." the guard trailed off in his voice knowing this was bad in any case.

Sam actually dropped her mug in shock at hearing such an idea, let alone thinking of letting a FED or the MCO talk to one of the twins... neither one of those Drow will put up with government run crap for more than a minute! "Crap...do they have a warrant or any official paperwork?" Sam asked while waving a hand over a comp station and taking it over for the time being with her in-body computer system, then sending out an urgent a message about this to both Carson the head mistress of the school and Dr. Otto up at the ARC complex in the hills above the school!

"They have the local required police escort and want in right now boss lady...I don't think I can make them wait out here too much longer without making waves and big ones at that with the state guys?" the guard stated the facts he knew and Sam trusted this one, he was a rare one of the security team that did know his job!

An hour later all twenty two men and a few ladies were being lead to Carson's office, then only the main persons or leaders of the group were waved on into her office doors, the rest stayed put in the outer office area chatting amongst themselves or making notes.

Already inside her office, Carson sitting stately behind that huge desk of her's like a Queen granting a few lowly serfs an audience, then add both Dr. Bellows and Dr. Tenent were already sitting in the only available guest chairs at the desk and still hovering nearest the door was Sam Everheart the leader of the schools security team, plus one of the few staff members the twins called by her first name...a rare honor so far and one that showed their trust! As both Drow only used last names or titles when dealing with adults.

Carson warmly greeted the knot of officials coming through her door, thinking of every way that she could delay them and get the twins lawyers or guardians set up and here on campus grounds! Most of all Carson knew, if pressed the twins could bolt! While leaving a wake of destruction not seen in decades across the campus and they might bring the Groves unknown powers into a fray...then add the schools small but powerful Fae population would possibly join in with them?

"Gentlemen and ladies, what can Whateley offer you today?" she warmly asked all of them, but Carson already knew the 'whys' of them all being here...the twins were to be questioned about a few gruesome murders out west in California, their old stomping grounds.

The state DA took the group's lead with her answer, as was the lady's right. "Well, we are here to question Rohanna and Rehanna Leigh, two Elf like mutants you have in attendance here."

Carson chuckled out lightly, hoping to unhinge the younger woman DA, "Well that was part of an answer, but I will need a far more complete one...remember I run a school here and that answer for the record would earn a 'F' in my class. Then add, WE don't call or describe the Leigh twins as 'elves'...they are Drow and should always be referred to as such." she smiled warmly not giving them an inch of free play on the matter.

"Well we need to interview the DROW" the DA nearly hissed in not so veiled anger, "on our investigation of a few vicious murders that occurred back out in MY state of California." the DA states possessively about HER state, while reading off a pre-set list written on the outside of one her files.

"Well since you have the required local officials here, plus the needed paperwork, along with the Feds and the MCO for good measure. I can grant you that personal interview with the twins...BUT" Carson sassed to them all, "I have to give time for the twin's attorneys and guardians of record to show up and with our school being so far out here in the boonies...That might take a few more hours?" Carson grinned, knowing it might be SEVERAL hours of waiting, "But I can offer you an appointment for...say tomorrow afternoon or later on in the week to see them instead?." Carson added while checking her schedule by flipping a appointment book open or at least pretending to.

"WE will need to see both of them today....and before we go." the Federal agent standing next to the lady DA impatiently demanded.

"Okay, but I have to call their guardians in at the very least before any criminal questions can be asked...if that is your reason to be here...that is? Are you charging them or seeking them out for said charges?" the headmistress asked while leaning back into her chair like a queen awaiting the answers she sought.

"And how long will that take?" the man demanded with his fist pounding the desktop showing that he had finally lost his patience, "We have already been delayed for well over an hour so far today!" he barked.

"Well one...they are already on their way. And two, if you keep acting that way...sir. I will not let you see the twins in such an agitated state...I fear you might harm them and I have to protect my charges from dangerous people no matter what official office they hold." Carson warned the man and grinned at him pleasantly.

"So we can start once they arrive?" the lady DA asked as she regained control of the conversation for her side and nudged the agent back into silence.

"Maybe? But I am very sure that they will want a criminal attorney present and ARC is the one that normally provides that legal service for the twins, so that means if the twins guardians choose to have one present, we will have to await ones arrival all the way from New York city and that might take hours at best?" Carson added in and hoped the delaying tactic would work, legally it should!

"We can't be kept waiting around here all day!" the Federal agent growled once more not taking the DA's hint at civility.

"Well if you arrive without warning us beforehand, these are the risks you take" Carson smiled once more...'gotem trapped!' she thought silently.

"I don't like being made to wait, but we all have to give time for the Leigh twins to have their council and guardians present by law...so we will wait." the DA told Carson, plus the fuming agent at her side and her small group the legal facts on the matter.

The FBI agent nodded in agreement and pulled a cell phone from his pocket, "Close the gates up and no one out or in without my say so!" he said and smiled evilly to Carson, thinking he had won. But Carson did not take the bait, this school had many ways to enter or exit its own campus and the twins had even more than those available to them and then add teleporting powers to the mix!

~o~O~o~

Over in the Poe cottage

Hours later Carson had wisely just kept both of us twins out of the loop so as not to worry us and keep us both a bit saner for now. We Drow were both reading over this weeks class assignments for our magical arts class, both the human one we both had to study and the more Fae or Sidhe or other Fae students that Nikki taught the with our help.

The Cottage warning light flashing on the panel near my door, pulled my attention off my reading with a small 'beep' telling us that someone not aware of the 'cottage' secret or secrets was around and to lay low on certain personal dealings so as not to arouse anyone's curiosity.

Its steady glow told me that whoever this visitor was, they were staying awhile and this was not just a short visit. But both of us twins going back to reading or writing was interrupted by a knock at our door. Rehanna was laying flopped across our mediation mat on the floor and she sniffed at the air to see who was there at our room's door, "Bill and Jineen here at this time or day...what gives?" she sighed over to me, puzzled at the idea of both of them here mid school week?

"You two in there?" the closed door questioned us both.

"Yep come on in..." Rehanna said while rolling over across the floor to lazily to slap the door handle open for our guests.

"Hey you two, nice to find you studying like you should be and I am very glad to see that!" Jineen beamed at us and that train of thought, then add her speech sounded really off...tense, very tense to us both!

"What's wrong?" we both said in unison.

Bill found a spot on the futon/bed next to me and Jineen was huddled right beside him, "Honey..." she started, "The California DA, the FBI and the local cops want to talk to you both."

That did not sound good to our shared minds...not at all! ~"Little ones, go check the campus out and make sure we have friends standing by in the Grove...just in case!"~

~"On it boss!"~ Violet sounded out in my head....~"We got this easy!"~ Lilac joined in as she opened the window and then both flew out like rockets out across the campus.

"Where are they going?" Bill asked first, just knowing via his own personal experience, that those two little devils could be trouble for anyone!

"They are checking the campus and our way outs just in case." I stated to him.

"Well we know this one honey, they have the front gates blocked by local and FBI cars, plus being manned by several personal. We had to wait for the agent in charge to let us in and Carson is not happy one bit, she is making them wait and WAIT very long!" Jineen told us in her 'calm' more motherly voice.

"So what do they want if you know?" I had to ask next, just as Violet mentally told me ~"Front gate is indeed blocked and no way out there unless you are riding in a tank!"~

Then Lilac chimed in ~"The rest of the school is fine, a few agents milling around crystal hall eating or drinking coffee...but none of them are near the Grove. Maybe these stinky humans don't know that it's even there?"~ she questioned their lack of skills or smarts in not prepping fully for the task at hand!

After glancing Jineen's way for approval, Bill was the first to sigh out an answer, "Well girls they want a chat about some murders in California."

I had to laugh at the thoughts, "SO they found bodies....then it was not us...!" I laughed hard at the idea of even leaving behind a clues that a human could find or not being able to blame another human for my so called crimes.

But I or us, still had to silently worry just a little bit that somehow a human had found out what we had done in San Francisco only days ago! Were we found out, to be jailed or worse? But I was sure that we Drow had not made a mistake, our plan took time to go over and was hashed over more than once before we acted it out!

"Ro what little we were told so far is that someone used blades during the crime, very much like you two do?" Jineen added in.

"Well since I rescued Alex, that was the last time I left a mess behind and I did not clean that all up...Because we conveniently had someone else to blame, that poor little girl!" I told them and Bill nodded to each part in turn.

"For right now, this is what is happening girls. We are waiting for ARC to send down an attorney or two, that they had to call in all the way from New York city. So we have to wait till they get here, so that we have an experienced criminal law attorney sitting with us during our meeting." Jineen said and grabbed my hand, she seemed genuinely worried for us.

"Jineen what can they do? First they have to prove I or we were there, then did it and left a mess or clues to even find. We are not that sloppy!" I insisted.

"We might not get that chance if they find a 'hang mutants' jury dear.." she added in.

"Then we leave...simple and they don't follow." I stated the facts.

"But Ro that might mean you having to run or stay away for decades..." Jineen worried once again for us both.

"Then we do just that and that would mean I was free to act as I felt was necessary. It's better for all to leave me be," I slipped into thinking of only one of us two, but Rehanna gave me a quick mental kick and finished my statement "or US alone till we are...more sane and stable, then to aggravate US both back to what you both saw only months ago?" Rehanna reasoned that anything like this, might make us both roll back to the more 'feral' Drows we both were only months ago.

"I know, I worry about that all the time. But for now let's all wait for the attorneys to show up and see what they can do?" Bill asked us and we nodded back, then went back to reading...what could the cops do to us Drow? One wrong word from any of them and both of us were gone...miles away before they could even act!

~o~O~o~

A few hours later.

Both Bill and Jineen jump when a person 'suddenly to them' knocks at our door, "Settle down its only Sam and she happens to be alone." I say already knowing who it was at my door.

"How can you tell?" Bill had to ask.

"We have a more than a few pixies watching over the whole campus right now and the little ones told us just now or really two minutes ago that Sam was walking this way." I giggled out.

"Rohanna, you know why I am here by now? " Sam sighed out from just behind our door, "Time to go to see your attorneys and boy did ARC go overboard, they sent you six of them!"

I open the door to Sam's hang dog face, "So they want us to talk...they will have a long wait if we don't want to talk to them?"

"Lets go and just so you know, the FBI guy is from the Boston area and he wanted you both in restraints, he saw what you did in Boston personally and that more than scared him a bit I think?" she tried to laugh, but humor on the matter was a sad try, "But I told him that you both were...Free range Drow and that holding you or restraining either of you was nearly impossible and besides...I am not going to do it, his wants, needs, demands or orders or whatnot...be damned!" she giggled out our old joke about being caged like chickens!

~o~O~o~

A little later

Both us were lead by Sam into a meeting room on the security building and left with six attorneys that kinda sorta knew our case, one lady was their leader obviously by how she stood. She happened to be from the local ARC complex of the huge corporation and worked with Dr Otto nearly all the time, she knew of us well because of the doc. So she was expecting that this would happen someday, by us either actually doing the act or crime or us being accused of doing it!

"Hi Miss Leigh...Rohanna and Rehanna, I am Erin Brockovich and I will lead you through today's mess." the woman said introducing herself then sat back down after shaking our hands and switched on a privacy device with a touch of a finger, that was already sitting on the table between us.

"I prefer ours." I smiled and tossed a ball of magic up at the ceiling to hide our conversation even farther!

"Our magic has never failed us, so we will use that spell as well as that tech of your and it's not that we don't trust you. But after attending a school chocked full of Gadgetteers and Devisors, it makes you more than a little cautious." Rehanna added and took her seat next to me, then Bill on my side...next was Jineen on Rehanna's side.

"Well what we have here is nothing but here-say and false accusations. They have no real evidence or we would be already speaking from inside a jail cell or in your cases...you would have just left, or so Dr. Otto tells me and he has left me all of your case notes for a bases of how you both act or would react to the world in general?"

"Humm really, so what does he say or that file say about us lying or us being told we lied to our faces?" I had to ask and laid the ground work on how far Otto had informed her.

"Okay just so you both know, I am a mutant too and I have been defending them or us all my life. But Otto told me this, 'one...you both can't lie at all', this is because of some undisclosed spell Geas or compulsion. Then 'two...saying or telling that you are lying to your face or harming, damaging your personal honor'...is a 'big hurt the offender badly' or worse no-no! AND I will warn them of that fact...if you both give me enough time?" she smiled to me.

"We will try, but act fast please?" I said insisting that waiting too long hurts us a bit and it does. That darn book and its hold over us both!

"I understand, but lets go on please. The DA is claiming that you murdered at least five in the state, two down in the LA area and three up in SanFran and they make these claims after seeing what you did in Boston to those attackers on your shopping trip months back. The deep clean cuts, the chopping of the bodies looks very much the same to them...so they say?"

"Like humans are suddenly experts on what a TRUE Drow can do with only one example to draw from, a pair of trained Drow like us?" I had to wave the idea off as crazy to even contemplate!

"Well I have to lay a defense of some sort, SO any suggestions as to were to start?" she asked our opinion on the matter.

"They actually found the bodies!" We sang in stereo and then laughed hard!

"I don't know if I can use that as a defense?" she added.

"Well think about it from our standpoint, we can port to nearly anywhere in the world and go thousands of miles in one shot. So why leave a body where it could be found by any moron, besides disposing of it in such away as it would never be found in the first place?" I reasoned with her.

"I don't think they will go along with that train of thought, but I can try it?" Erin said while taking a note of that for later.

"We are professionals and have pride in our work. So being sloppy never comes to our minds. Besides in our memories of the past, if you got sloppy...you died for it. SO we don't get sloppy or can't...that Geas you just mentioned, it sees to that!" I tried telling her of our shared plight as best I could.

"Then add even if we were 'rushed'? We can use spells that would cook that body to a very fine ash within a few seconds and some of them do not even use flames or heat!" Rehanna added next and the attorneys added in their own ideas to what that meant!

One of the other attorneys sighed out, "Makes sense to me, they had or have the necessary skills not to leave evidence and that means any evidence is planted in my opinion. All we would need is one little bitty doubt by one juror out of twelve and they get off even if this crime accusation was true?"

~o~O~o~

Over an hour of brainstorming later, we could not delay the inevitable any longer.

The DA insisted that we both be taken to an interrogation room in the security department's building and only had two attorneys present during our questioning. They left us alone in the room with Erin and the one man that spoke out about the 'sowing doubt' part of any defense.

It was boring as heck in that room with nothing to read or TV to watch. The DA was with part of her team watching us both form an adjoining room that was separated by a one way mirror and she pointed to me rocking on only two legs of my chair...back and forth with nothing else for balance, "That one is showing off with that crud!" she pointed out with her finger into the room beyond the 'one-way' glass.

Sam laughed to her statement, "That is not Rohanna showing off, if she was truly trying to show off. The chair would be balanced on one leg and spinning like a top with her still on top of it!"

As I snapped the gum in my mouth during my more than bored rocking, Rehanna was busy fixing her hair in the mirror so it seemed. Then stuck her tongue out at it and wrote on the glass backwards with a finger, "!elroyk'lil htiV" (Fuck the police!) in Drow.

Sam giggled at it, she knew exactly what that translation would be after being around us both for months!

"What did she write?" the lady DA almost demanded.

"Ahhh have a nice day?" Sam lied with a sly grin.

"They can't see or hear us inside that room, it's sound proof and this glass is supposed to one way!" the FBI agent said.

Sam shook her head to the fed, "Ahh does your vest stop a 50cal bullet or not?"

"Nope, everything has its limits." the agent shrugged back to Sam.

"Well the Drow's have ears that can 'hear' well passed that room's ability to mask us all. They can see or hear everything we do in this room, even with this glass." Sam admitted with a short shrug, while tapping on the window pane.

The DA shakes her head again at Rohanna showing off even more by rocking wildly, then spinning on the chair like a top while grinning more and more insanely at the mirror while her face passed by on each turn!

"See I told you they can hear us." Sam stifled a snort to the teen's antics.

"Well tell her to stop if she can hear us then?"

That is when Rehanna still standing at the mirror mimicked the DA perfectly by putting her hands on her hips just like the DA just had and sassed back at the glass in a squeaky voice, "Well tell her to stop if she can hear us then?"

"Ohh shoot they can hear us!" the agent gasped.

Rehanna stood up straight like the FBI agent and gasped into her hand just like he did, "Ohh shoot they can hear us!"

"Stop that!" the DA demanded.

Rehanna stomped her foot like a three year old would, "Stop that!" she giggled out.

Rohanna's chair stopped suddenly as she pulled her hoodie up over her head, then she leapt to the glass and slowly waved her hand in front of it, "These are not the Drow you're looking for!...Move along!" then she pulled at the hoodie much like Obi-wan did to his Jedi robes the movie!

One of Sam's fellow guards lost it right then and started busting up laughing! "Ohh that was a good one...burn!" he laughed on and had to leave the room gasping for air.

"Okay the wait is over, let's go in there and put a stop to these kids!" the DA barked angrily.

Sam noted that the DA intended on going in with herself and three other legal personal, then the FBI seemed to add four of theirs and a state police representative. Sam stopped the cops before all of them hit the doors, "Gentlemen and ladies, I have to ask for your weapons right now...no guns inside that room with the twins."

"Afraid we might shoot one?" the lead agent chuckled.

"Not whatsoever...I am more afraid that one of you will act stupidly in there and they think you are going for a gun and...they kill all of you."

"There will be six armed men in that room!" one of the agents said.

"Six or sixty, in a tight space...it's all in their favor." Sam told them.

"Well I am overriding your decision and we go in armed." the lead agent ordered.

That is when Carson spoke from the shadows of the hallway, "Then you don't go in, not here and not today. Get a warrant and we will see then?"

"We are Feds!" the lead agent barked.

"And this is tribal land, your badges are honored here...not obeyed blindly." Carson told the man the short of the facts at hand. Tribal land might as well be another nation in this case or the case of this place's treaty with the USA.

"Mrs. Carson is correct, this is tribal land and federal agents do not have jurisdiction on this land unless the tribe or its leadership gives it to them?" the DA lead off asking as well as telling her agent.

"No they have not given you those legal rights and in their eyes the twins have legal jurisdiction over you by being Fae..." Carson warned the group that in the Medawihla tribe's eyes...Elves, these elves or Sidhe and these Drow especially protected the tribe, its lands and then the Grove on top of that!

"Hand over your guns gentlemen..." the DA ordered and they all seemingly compiled on the spot.

Until Sam warned two of the men, "Officers...all of them and that includes your holdouts." she warned and then pointed them all out. You can't fool Sam's nano enhanced body that easy.

The whole pack was admitted to the interrogation room, with the legal team taking seats at the table across from the twins and the agents or cops taking the background trying very hard to 'hover' or 'intimidate' the twins from afar.

"Good day, I am Jamie Reagan. A DA of the state of California and this is head FBI agent Perkins and we are here to ask a few questions."

"Hello Jamie...." Rohanna started and Sam, plus Carson cringed behind the mirrored glass. "That is not good, the twins gave her no respect at all...right from the start!" Sam admitted.

"I heard..." Carson trailed off, "Get in there Sam...please?"

The DA started off instantly trying to put the twins or the defense team on the defensive, "This a questioning about several murders that happened in California recently and the MO looks exactly like yours Miss Leigh..." she growled while glancing from one twin to another and all she got back was a stifled yawn from Rohanna.

"What is your evidence..." Erin started with a smirk of knowing they had nothing...the twins had said no they did not do it and can't lie...a simple fact in her mind.

The DA started opening her leather messenger bag, but while doing so Rohanna slapped her hand on top of the bag much to the rooms bad reaction, "You are not thinking of pulling that out in here? Because if you are...I am your Huckleberry." she warned the lady DA with her very sharp fangs showing and the lady now knew what the teen meant... Jamie just remembered about her own personal gun and that gun right now, was hidden from sight within her sealed bag and this bag was specially made to seal out electronic snooping just like Sam used! That is why Sam did not ask for its removal before the DA entered the room AND right now...her hand was trapped resting right on it, just above her pictures of the crime scene.

"I am doing nothing, just pulling out pictures." she said hopping to pull out 'just' the pic's and not the gun too!

"You are lying, not fully...but still lying. You humans do it so very badly, your skin gets all wet...sweaty, the heart beats quicker, your breath gets deeper and I can feel that brain of yours firing off that lie right now...Just admit you forgot that your gun was even in the bag and hand it over to Sam when she comes in." the Teen Drow ordered.

Sam slipped in doorway and passed between the groups, "Hand it over and this is all of yours last warning....Disobey my rules again, I toss all of you and have the tribe charge all of you with whatever crime they feel is best fitting for this situation!" she barked at all of them, "Heck I am thinking to have all the cops leave the room...slip up one more time!" Sam warned once more with a yell and slid the small gun into a slot on the wall, then it vanished from sight.

Sam crossed her arms showing her immense displeasure and took her place between the parties, "Go on please." Sam said curtly.

The DA did just that and slammed the stack of pictures on the table, "See what you did!" she barked , then tossed through each picture to the twins, who did not even react to the bloody sight like any teen girl would or strangely should?

"My client did not!" Erin barked in protest.

"Ohh yes she did!" the lady continued on with her grilling attacks, trying to get a rise out of the twins who just now split up the stack of pic's and started flipping through them nonchalantly.

Rehanna giggled out at one very bloody pic of a girl's slashed open neck, "Naut zezen!" she laughed and showed her twin the pic, who nodded back in agreement.

"What did she say!" the lead FBI agent barked.

"I don't know, but I will ask for you?" Erin said, then leaned over to Rohanna and asked her the agent's question in a whisper once again. The twin whispered a very short explanation into Erin's ear and the attorney almost giggled at hearing the words.

"WELL?" he growled impatiently again.

"She said...unskilled or amateur. I am sure that she was referring to whoever really killed the poor girl?" Erin said and glanced to her client Rohanna who nodded once and only once.

"Whoever killed the poor girl and are you saying that was not you Rohanna or is it Rehanna that murdered that innocent girl?" the DA asked the closest twin to her side of the table.

"This body is Rohanna, Rehanna does not like gum." that twin Drow states and blows a bubble of pink gum in the DA's face as a small insult.

"And it was not us...once more with feeling...WE did not do this...that is all!" Rehanna added with a trademark Drow growl of being upset.

"The girl's injuries say that this murder was done by an expert with bladed weapons, that left no fingerprints and no other clues. The girl being cut nearly in half is very much like what you did in Boston...SO...I still say that this was one of you!" the DA barked once again.

"There is your first clue...nearly cut in half." Rohanna says and sits down.

"Then your next one is the wounds, our blades are far sharper than those used in this crime. Sidhe made metal is far, far better than any human made metal and so are our blades...Then add this...NEVER call us liars!" Rehanna growls out a slow warning as she starts to stand up and make this argument more personal!

"GIRLS! I will handle all of this" Erin says and throws up a hand to hold back one of her twin clients with a firm shove back to her chair "...AND Miss Reagan, DO NOT call my clients liars again! Or we will leave this whole voluntary on our part 'questioning' and you can just jump through all the legal hoops like a trained dog...to even see them again!"

"Woof!...bitch!" Rohanna snaps and the twin laughs with her.

"Let's take a break before we go on and let tempers settle a bit...before somebody says something they can't take back and gets hurt by it?" Sam suggests and starts to shove the cops out the door, then grabs the DA's bag off the table, "Let's go...now!" she orders.

"Well they don't leave the room!" DA Reagan insists and the FBI agents backs her demand up with a nod, "I agree!"

After the party of officials leaves the room, a chuckling guard comes into the room, "Well that was fun to watch, but girls what do you want to eat?" he asks with a smile.

Both of the twins legal defense leaves the room as their food arrives and the DA walks into the adjoining listening booth or room to watch the teens as the eat...no attorney in the room means that protected speech or privacy rights are gone. But Sam watches over the DA and her lap dog FBI man every second!

The teens eat most of the huge meal in short order and seem to be chatting as they enjoy their orange sodas, but the DA does not understand a word they speak. "What is that language they use Miss Everheart?" she finally asks.

"That is Drow, their race's personal language."

"Does anyone on campus understand it...that is besides them?" the FBI asks.

"I know one did, but she lost that ability last term and I think we have one student on campus that might?"

"Please get one of them for me?" the DA asks.

"Only if Carson says yes and in this case that request might be a 'maybe' at best...this student has more rights, more contacts within high federal government than even I do and if she says no...we have to live with it!" Sam advises.

"Ask Carson." the DA says flatly.

"Ask her yourself!" and Sam turns on a computer link up to the head mistress office and the headmistress of the school comes on the feed in short order. The DA once again lays out her full request for a translator.

"Miss Everheart, please ask Miss Barron to come on down and translate for the DA...if she agrees that is?" Carson tells her head of security.

Across campus

A short time later, Sam is entering the science labs building and checking in at a door for the gate porthole team and since the light above the door is a steady green, she goes in "Ky?" she stops at a tall teen blonde working on a math formula, "We need you to translate for someone over at my office."

"Hummm and what and or who would that be?" the beautiful teen asks, but does not stop her busily writing of complicated math formulations on the white board.

"Ky it's the Leigh twins, an official of the government wants your translation of what they are saying." Sam sighs out hoping that the teen does not want to go.

"Sam, even though you are 91.335789 percent machine nanobots. I can still feel that this is making you very uncomfortable and you don't like it or want it?" the teen says...still not stopping with her computations.

"Thanks for reminding me," Sam sighs out thinking about the near loss of being a human.

"I did no mean to harm you, but fact is fact...You still give off very human emotions and are not a feeling less robot." the teens adds and blinks at Sam in a most unnerving way...like she is trying to blend in with humans 'BY' blinking!

"And Ky that should be 'I meant you no harm'...you goofed again girl." Sam added, "But they still want you over there and lets just say, it's better you go and refuse them in person?"

"Ohhh we have assholes....as my Becky says...and like the Vatican, they have to hear the NO in person to believe it! So lets be go." the tall teen sighs out slowly as she places the white board marker on the tray and nods to the wall filling math puzzle.

"So, are you at a stopping point for all of that?" Sam asks looking over the math and her computer aided brain is throwing FITS even trying to solve the puzzle, let alone finding the starting place of the whole mess!

"For now, but if I come back and the whole wall has gone missing into some other dimension! I would call that a breakthrough and a good thing?" the teen chuckles.

Sam shook her head at the jest, she would never understand what this GOO teen found funny?

Several minutes later, Sam escorted Ky into the viewing room overlooking the interrogation room the teens sat in and the tall blond waved to the glass and the two Drows waved back, it seemed to the DA they all knew on another.

"You know them?" she had to inquire.

"We live in the same cottage and the same floor." the blond smiled to Mrs. Reagan the DA.

"Great, so you would lie for them then!" agent Perkins sighed out.

"I am not sure, why are you questioning them?" Ky asked.

"Before I answer, what are your qualifications?" Reagan begin, then Ky handed the lady her ARC and DPA (department of paranormal affairs) ID's as a reply or proof. When Reagan read the classification, she gasped out, "Your clearance is that high...heck that is higher than I even knew could be?" she added then handed the FBI agent the cards hanging by a neck cord.

"Ohhh shoot you are right Jamie, that is very high and what is this notation?" he pointed to and Ky leaned in to see what the man was after.

"Ohh that is my classification, it just says that I am an off world landed alien with permanent status and what you humans call GOO is all?" she admitted and took back the ID's that almost 'fell' from the man's hand as he handed them back.

"Ohhh shit, I am standing in a room with a teenage GOO!" the FBI agent almost howled out in shock.

"What is a goooo?" the DA asked not being familure with all mutant terms.

"GOO woman...a Great Old One and beast of the darkest depths of hell...something that Lovecraft would write about!" the man yelped out in fright.

"Ohhh I have heard of them, should we be...even be in the room with her? I was told you went nuts even getting close to one!"

"I don't do that, most of the true GOO I call enemy because they destroyed my world and killed everyone I even knew." the teen said sounding a little sorry for even thinking of the idea of what was in her life.

"Okay...a 'good' GOO then? But still a teen!" the agent sighed.

"Not a teen sir....I am very old, but in this world very, very inexperienced and needed some help with acclimating, so they sent me here to learn. Plus I am translating a few libraries or collections nearby here for the DPA and ARC." she said proudly.

"Fine then, can you translate this?" the DA asked and turned up the rooms volume.

"Yes, that is standard Drow language. But I have to ask, why are you questioning them?"

"We think they murdered a few people in California."

"Did you find bodies?" the teen asked simply.

"Yes all of them were left as a warning we thought?"

Ky started laughing at the answer, "Then these Drow did not do it IF you have bodies...Drow don't leave bodies behind!"

"Are you covering for them!" the agent barked.

"Ahh nope and why would I? I have no real stake in this or the crime and besides have you even asked where they were on that day...they are so busy, they might have an alibi for all of this mess and you are in the wrong to even be here wasting their time. But maybe they are playing with you, Drow do love a good joke!" Ky laughed and Sam joined in.

"We will ask them, but how does a Drow get rid of a body and why are you so sure they had time and did in any case?" the DA asked.

"Just ask them, then ask for one to show ya and enjoy the trip through it all?" Ky led on and started to leave the room, "But don't get too upset at what she shows you, Drow teaching or educational methods are a bit rough...just like them. Bye!" and Ky left the room with a friendly wave.

Reagan retook her spot in the interrogation room and the agent right next to her across from the twins, but this time all the rest of the cops were left outside of the room.

"So lets begin again and see what we can learn?"

"Get to your point, this is not a fishing trip...I am not Huck Finn and you are not Tom Sawyer...than add...this room is not the Mississippi!" the twin's attorney Erin barked a small warning that her patience was at an end!

"Okay I am listening, but are you going to listen to Kyley's suggestions or just sit there and blow her off as a silly teen?" Rohanna started off with the first shot of this renewed questioning.

"I will go with her suggestions, where were you both on Saturday, August 25, 2007 at about 5 PM?" the DA asked flipping to the first of many notes.

Rohanna started giggling like mad , then Rehanna joined in with huge belly laughs...Rohanna was the first to answer after she stopped gasping for air, "I had dinner with US Senator Stockbridge and his family and entertained one other guest for some time...I can ask the Senator if I can say his guest's name, but I can't just right now for national security reasons!"

"He can confirm this?" Agent Perkins asked, more than shocked that a Drow Teen had dinner at a US Senator's home!

"Yep the Senator could confirm the meal, plus meeting with him and his staff, his wife and his son...then maybe this man we all had a meeting with, a secure one that is?" Rohanna questioned herself on what level of secrecy to give that meeting...it was a head of the CIA they had chatted with or too?

The agent placed his head in both hands as he sighed out deeply, "That date was the key date and time. Without it we have no case with her."

"And Rehanna? Where were you at the same time, with your sister I assume?"...The DA asked next hopping that she could jail one teen at the least.

"Ohh me, I was here practicing with six students in martial arts for over six hours and two instructors watched over our whole practice!"

"Who was that Ro?" Sam questioned.

"All the Sidhe of the school and Sensei master Ito, then add Sensei Tolmen." she smiled back.

"Well I can check it out, but I am sure she was there and the whole Building of Eastman annex is very new and has full camera coverage." Sam told the DA and the agent.

Carson walked into the room from the hallway seemingly popping up from nowhere, "Well then," she sighed, "we are all finished here and next time, first ask the basics before grilling a student out of hand here at Whateley...I let you runaway like this, because I know the twins would be very well entertained by your antics and I trust them not to kill off any of us humans without good cause or reason."

"Fine I am satisfied by Miss Leigh's alibi, but Kyley told me or asked me to have you or one of you show me why you Drow leaving a body behind at a crime scene is utterly insane?" the DA had to ask as she gathered up her notes and stacked them all back into her briefcase.

Rohanna smiled evilly, "Would you like me to show you right now?"

"Yes I would." the DA said as she stood up.

"Ahhh Ro, this might be a bad idea?" Sam worried and Carson started to shake her head on the matter.

"Lets go!" the teen smiled and Rohanna quickly snatched the DA's hand, then vanished from sight!

"Were did they go?" the agent asked and waved a hand through the now empty space wondering if they were just invisible?

~o~O~o~

A split second later, both women popped up in a very cold and barren ice covered landscape and the DA shivered in the sixty mile per hour winds, "Where did you take me?" she stuttered out as her face started to freeze up.

"Oh don't you know?" Rohanna asked waving at the mating penguins all around them.

"No f-ing WAY! This can't be Antarctica!" DA Reagan shouted in the bitter cold.

"Awww poor baby...too cold, well lets try this!" and both vanished as the Drow touched her once again.

~o~O~o~

A lonely lizard tried to catch the only bug it had seen the last few days in the shadow of one of the building size sand dunes it lived on, but two new forms popping up from nowhere made the small creature runaway hiding from the new danger that they might be!

"Awwww shit it's hot!" the DA sweated, now loosening up her coat from the cold they were surrounded by only a second ago.

"Does the Sahara fit you better, I could hide a very dead army out here on the sand. Do you understand the 'why' now or lets try this shall we?" and they vanished again.

~o~O~o~

A crab darted across a white sand beach as small waves pulled at him to return to the clear water and a gentle breeze moved the palms farther up on the beach going inland on the small island.

"This I like!" the DA said as she spun about.

"Yep and I could leave you right here, I'd give you about a week and you're dead...there is nothing to really eat here and the water table that feeds the palms is very deep. So do you get it now. Me or us Drow hiding a body or dropping a person off here is us Drow being sloppy, very sloppy...it actually gives one a chance at living and Drow don't fail! We can't, our training will not allow that....in the past you fail, you died...that was our life and still is? Or might be, until you humans accept us better!" Rohanna chastised the woman, who now understood the teen's point of view on life much better.

"I understand, you are a professional and would never leave me a clue to your work, I am very sure of that now. Can we go?" the DA asked and straightened up her jacket.

"Yes and thank Kyley for your little trip, but remember this... us Drow never forget unkindness...Jamie." and both vanished from sight.

Back in the safety that the interrogation room afforded, DA Reagan shook the white clean sand from out of her high heels into a trash can and cleaned off any loose sand from her feet before slipping both her shoes back on. "Where did you go?" the FBI agent asked.

"We went a few places and that are best kept between us girls and Perkins, lets never bother them again. Because she just showed me how easily a Drow or I would bet even elves can or would or could hide a body or clean up any evidence of a crime." she added in flatly and stood up to walk from the room at a brisk pace.

Once the group was gone and Sam was alone, both twins stopped by her, "Sam that agent that hovered in the back saying nothing...we met him out in the woods nearby the Medawihla tribal village and he was being a bit of an ass then. He was hunting some escapee and we tried to help him, but he was such an asshole we left and left him in the care of the tribal sheriff."

"So this might be him trying to get even or really investigating?" she wondered back to us.

"Not sure, but him knowing we lived near here or out there might have put us at the top of his 'mental' list to question...or fuck with?" Rehanna added in her ideas.

"I think he was getting even, I don't like him!" I said.

"I'll look into it, no need for an agent to hold a personal grudge on one of my kids..." Sam growled a little.

"Well, Gunderson was the FUCKING BIG IDIOTagent in charge....!" I laughed exiting the room. "Perkins was under him I am sure?"

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2018 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
169 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

My two pennies

Thanks for another fun installment of life @ Whateley with the Drow twins.
a

alissa

unfortunately for them they

unfortunately for them they didn't know enough to ask one important question, can you lie if you're ordered not to tell the truth by someone with power over them.

Just incase you did not

shadowsblade's picture

Just incase you did not notice---this murder was not the twins 100%....the dates are wrong, but in the future they might be seeking them out for the one done only days ago!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Still slaves

But it'll be real bloody when that woman messes up! Such as sending the twins after Bill and his wife;; they are family and I seem to remember that having been covered by the geas.

DA isn't the brightest one I've ever seen, she's lucky she wasn't dropped a few hundred miles out over the ocean... and left swimming; or just maybe dropped from 1000 ft up... evil grin... good use of a lawyer :).

Glad that you are enjoying

shadowsblade's picture

Glad that you are enjoying the whole story

ask any questions if you have them

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

It's building to hit the fan

Jamie Lee's picture

Ellena is in over her head and doesn't know it,yet. Some in that mob who came to question the twins are chomping at the bit to take down the twins because of previous events, and are in over their heads but don't know it yet.

These people don't understand the thin line they're walking with the twins, and either Ellena or the mob will finally do that one thing that will break one of the "rules" and all hell will break loose.

Others have feelings too.

Impressive story

Couldn't put this story down for a minute unless forced! Though it took me a few days to read it all and while it feels like there is a lot left this is without doubt one of the best whatley stories out there, canon or not. A must read for any whatley fan out there imo, Shadowblade knows her stuff:)

Hope you will continue this epic tale, at least dont leave us hanging here!

paintversion.jpg

thanks for the praise

shadowsblade's picture

thanks for the praise

I am writing as fast as I can and if you want more you can read Nuann's stuff or Branek'....some of theirs blends with mine and will more so later on

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Enjoying year 2!

northmiester's picture

I’ve really enjoyed re-reading this installment you posted months ago and am dearly hoping you’ve just taken a break to recharge your inspiration. Assuming you are still planning on continuing the story (you’ve left us hanging as it were on how the twins might be able to deal with their temporary owner), do you have even a tentative ETA on the next installment?