The Beginning - part 11. Riley, the girl who lived

Printer-friendly version

“Let’s get going, ladies.” Alyssa said seeming excited. I could feel butterflies in my stomach. All three of us looked fabulous together. We decided to take Alyssa’s car.

The moment we took off, the three of us started talking excitedly. We talked about girl stuff. Clothes, make up, and even boys. I have not taken a lot of time thinking about boys but when the topic came up I started considering it. I could feel a little tingling sensation going through my body. I kind of liked the idea of being hugged by a boy or holding hands with him or doing more. Since the boy topic was taking over the discussion, soon enough Alyssa asked me more about this subject.

“So, Riley. Do you mind if I ask you about boys?” Alyssa inquired curiously.

“Sure. Go ahead.” I responded.

“Do you like boys or girls or both? I know this is kind of an intimate question. Of course, you don’t have to answer if it is too personal. I am just curious.” Alyssa asked me dying to know.

“Well, I have not given it much thought since I am just exploring myself but I think I kind of like boys and girls.” I said thoughtfully.

Alyssa did not to expect this answer but seemed satisfied with it. She looked at me for a few seconds, slowly nodded and smiled.

“Very interesting. You know, I never really paid much attention to you since not too long ago you were just a kid. You seem so different now. Obviously that is a part of growing up but I admire your bravery about being honest with yourself and being the true and authentic you. I respect that. And I also think you are a pretty cute girl.” Alyssa said convincingly.

I was flabbergasted. I did not expect that. I blushed. I did not know what to say and just smiled at her.

“Thank you!” was all I could mutter.

Alyssa showed me a smile in return and soon enough Mary jumped in to our discussion.

“Alyssa, I am going to need you to pay more attention to the road and stop flirting with my baby sister.” Mary said jokingly.

We all bursted out into laughter.

The car passed a lot of familiar places as it was crawling through my beautiful hometown. By now, I completely forgot about the fight with my parents and how upset I felt. It was wonderful to make new friends, to openly be a girl and feel so comfortable in my own skin. I was about to go to the mall with my awesome sister and her cool friend. Then I remembered that I did not have my phone with me and I wondered if Sammy sent me a million texts while feeling angry that I did not respond. I wanted to introduce my sister to her and hope that the two of them will like each other. I also really hoped that the situation with my parents will be resolved. I was thinking hard about these things when I realized that we were almost at the mall.

Alyssa found a spot to park close to the entrance and soon enough we walked through the main entrance. It felt fantastic to wear nice girl clothes while having my big sister and my new friend by my side. Just three girls that want to go a bit shopping.

I admired the beautiful Christmas decorations that were already on display. In the center of the building was a huge Christmas tree with mostly red and golden ornaments and very festive looking white lights. Mary and Alyssa both seemed to admire the decorations as well.

“Girls, let’s get something to eat first. I am starving.” Mary stated rather forcefully.

Alyssa and I both nodded. We decided to go to Panera Bread to eat some lunch. After all, we went for the cheaper option. We all ordered soups and sandwiches and settled into a booth.

“So, where and more importantly, how are we going shopping? I don’t have any money.” I asked the girls.

“Don’t worry about it. I have a bit of money to spend. I know College students are generally poor but I am a good saver. So, Riley. Don’t sweat it. I can give you some cash. I wanted to buy you something nice anyways.” Mary said with a smile on her face.

“Aren’t you just the sweetest sister anyone can ask for.” I responded while looking at her in a dreamy way.

“Wait a minute, ladies. I didn’t know I just walked into a lesbian love affair between sisters.” Alyssa said bursting out laughing.

Mary and I looked at each other and started laughing really loud as well. People were giving us looks and I was feeling a little bit embarrassed.

“You should be talking, Alyssa. You were the one who flirted with Riley the whole way to the mall.” Mary pointed out.

“Alright. I admit that I did but your baby sister is such a cute little thing. However, let’s change the subject. We could go to Victoria’s Secret. What do you think?” Alyssa suggested after we finished being silly girls.

Mary and I both nodded and after lunch we made our way over there. I was impressed by the main window of the store. Mannequins were wearing lingerie, panties and stockings. I have always been fascinated by women's underwear and stockings. After we entered the store we spread out a bit. I checked out all the different displays carefully. I felt so excited. It was like being a kid in a candy store. I roamed the store a bit more until I heard a voice behind me say:

“Excuse me, Miss. Can I help you?” a friendly female voice asked.

I turned around feeling a bit startled. Maybe I spaced out a bit because I was daydreaming about cute panties.

“Well, I was just browsing a bit. I am not sure what I want to buy” I replied with confidence.

“That is quite alright. I just want to make you aware that we have a panties sale going on right now. Five for $ 25. Let me know if you are interested or if you need anything else.” she let me know in a friendly but not pushy manner.

“Thanks. I appreciate it.” I told her and walked over to a big bin that had a lot of different styles of panties in it. A big sign said “Sale. Five for $ 25”.

I started going through the bin and checked out the different panties. When I looked up, Mary and Alyssa were standing there smiling at me.

“Did you find something nice?” Alyssa inquired.

“I am thinking about buying some of these panties. What do you think, Mary? The sale is five for $ 25.” I asked her with an attempted cute look on my face.

“Yeah, what do you think, Mary?” Alyssa asked too while walking towards me, putting an arm around my hips and pulling me close.

All three of us bursted out laughing.

“Alright, I guess so.” Mary said acting exhausted. I picked out five cute panties and Mary, Alyssa and I went to the cashier to check out. Alyssa got herself some cute pj’s and Mary chose some nice underwear as well. After Mary paid for our stuff and Alyssa paid for hers, we decided to walk around the mall some more.

As we walked around and made our way through the masses of people, I started daydreaming a bit again. I thought about how lucky I was to have such a wonderful big sister, how nice it was to make new friends and how great it was to feel so much support. I kept looking at the beautiful Christmas decorations some more while all of a sudden I thought I saw a familiar face for just a split second.

Who was that? I turned around to see this face again but it was gone. There were so many people here. I felt weird. Turning to the left again, I saw Mary and Alyssa conversing and seeming to be in deep thought. Where was that face?

Mary’s eyes and mine met and we looked at each other for a short while. Then she walked over to me and asked if I was okay.

“Babe, are you alright?” she asked seeming worried.

“I guess so.” I tried to assure her. Mary knows me better than anyone else so I know this lie would not work.

“Babe…????” Mary looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

“Okay. Well, I thought I saw a familiar face in the masses of people. When I tried to check again, it was gone.” I explained.

“Any idea who this face could resemble?” Alyssa inquired.

“No, I only know that I have seen it before. I just can’t remember where.” I said.

“It’s okay, babe. I am sure it is nothing. Let’s just go back to Alyssa’s house for now.” Mary suggested while hugging me.

The drive to Alyssa’s house was fairly quiet. We were all a bit tired from shopping and eating lunch. Once we arrived we settled in Alyssa’s room. We all got comfortable in her big bed. My nylon legs were touching Alyssa’s and I loved the feeling. All three of us seemed to enjoy the moment and soon enough we drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up again, I realized that it was dark outside. I slowly regained awareness again and noticed that Alyssa snuggled up next to me. I moved a bit and she turned her head towards me. Mary seemed to be deep asleep on the other side of the bed.

“Hey, cutie. Did you sleep nice?” Alyssa asked me whispering.

“Yes, I did.” I also whispered.

“Let’s go downstairs. We let Mary sleep some more.” she suggested. I agreed. We settled into the living room and started talking.

“How does it feel to be a girl?” she asked me.

“It feels great. I can finally be the true me.” I told her.

“That is just wonderful, Riley. I am glad you discovered the real you. And this all started because you were looking at pantyhose at Macy’s. That is just amazing.” Alyssa stated.

“What is amazing?” a yawning Mary asked while slowly coming down the stairs.

“How your sister started becoming your sister. When she ran into her friend Sammy while looking at pantyhose.” Alyssa repeated.

“Yes. It is amazing. I always knew deep inside that she was a she.” Mary said with a bit of pride in her voice.

“Oh, by the way. I got a text from mom and dad, Riley. They would like to have dinner with us and make peace. They admit that they overreacted. What should I text back?” Mary asked me.

“I think that sounds okay. Under one condition though. They have to acknowledge and accept me as Riley. That is non negotiable.” I responded.

“You go girl” Alyssa cheered me on.

Mary smiled and nodded. She texted what I told her and soon enough we had an answer. Mom and dad agreed but mom wanted her car back.

“When are we meeting them?” I asked Mary.

“Soon. In about an hour.” Mary told us.

“I am happy for you two that this issue will most likely be resolved. However, I am sad that this day with you two will end. I had so much fun.” Alyssa said sounding a bit disappointed.

I walked towards her and gave her a hug. That made her smile again and after the hug we looked each other in the eyes. I leaned forward and softly kissed her. She smiled and returned the kiss. This time our tongues met and we kissed for a longer moment. Alyssa and I finally let go of one another and we both looked at Mary who seemed flabbergasted.

Alyssa put an arm around my hip and smiled.

“Your sister is a great kisser.” Alyssa said in a matter of fact kind of way.

“I am not sure what to say. Are you two going to start something with each other?” Mary asked us while looking concerned.

“Not really. I just wanted to kiss her. I felt a bit excited after all the flirting so I decided to try it. However, I do really like my friend Sammy.” I answered.

“Are you sure you don’t want me as your girlfriend?” Alyss asked me jokingly.

“Don’t worry, Mary. I am just kidding. Just to let you two know I am a bit into girls though. I experimented some during my first semester.” Alyssa said with a bit of a wicked smile.

“Let’s talk about that next time. We need to slowly get ready to go home. We could hang out again in a couple of days.” Mary suggested.

“That sounds great.” Alyssa and I both said at the same time.

We all laughed and hugged. Alyssa gave me another little kiss on the cheek and then we got in the car to go back home. Once we backed out the driveway we started talking.

“I am not sure how I feel about this. You and Alyssa smooching.” Mary told me.

“Come on, sis! I need to try new things. Like I said earlier today when we were driving to the mall. I think I like boys and girls. And I had so much fun with you two today. Let’s hang out with Alyssa again soon.” I suggested.

“Oh so I can watch you two make out?” Mary asked with a smile on her face.

“We won’t. But there might be a bit flirting and maybe another little kiss here and there. And I want to hear about her College experiences in the field of girls.” I said sounding a bit determined.

“Me too. But this might not be rated PG.” Mary warned me.

“Gosh I surely hope so.” I replied smiling.

“OMG! What happened to you? You have become this sassy self confident and super cute girl. All within a short time period. Maybe we created a monster?” Mary asked me sounding amused.

“You think I am super cute?” I wanted to know using a French accent.

“Stop it babe! Or I will kick your girly butt!” Mary said sounding a bit more determined.

“Alright. Cool your jets. I will behave again. Friends?” I asked her.

“Always and forever.” she said.

We both smiled at each other. Soon we were getting close to our house.

“Are you ready for this, babe?” Mary inquired.

“This will be a piece of cake. I have the best and strongest sister in the world by my side. Besides, we already won. Mom and dad accepted my non negotiable via text. The fact that I am Riley. End of story. We should be nice to them but we also have to be tough. If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!” I said full of determination.

When we pulled into our driveway and got out of the car I looked at Mary who seemed to stare into the darkness in disbelief.

I hugged my big sister tightly. There we were. Standing in our parents dimly lit driveway. Hugging and hugging. From the corner of my eye, I could see my parents standing at the door looking at us.

up
169 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Negotiable

Podracer's picture

I left this story to simmer a bit, now caught up and enjoying it again. Riley may not be moving on some things tonight, but will have to concede some limits as Mom and Dad still have responsibility for her care and protection. It should work out, at least she wasn't met with violence.

"Reach for the sun."

Sometimes

Parents can overreact in the heat of the moment. The shock can be so much that they say really hurtful things, even after an hour of “cooling down”. I’m glad that they were able to realize that she is serious, and that she has the support of her sister and some friends.

Hopefully that face she thinks she recognized won’t be an issue, but I have a feeling that it will come back at some point. Probably at school.

Let's hope

laika's picture

Riley's mom and dad seemed decent from the start of this series.
But the idea that their son is now their daughter might still take some getting used to.
It might take a bit of education before they really get comfortable with these changes;
but I'm hoping for the best. And now I'm wondering what about school? That might
go quite a bit less smoothly and I hope Riley is up to some of the challenges she might face there.
It would be great if she and Sammy could be girlfriends, I think Allysa's a little old for her....

~hugs, hope u can find time to continue this with yr hectic schedule, Ronni