Police Academy Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Katlain yawns as she drops Katherine off at Julie and Faith’s place. Today was her first day at the police academy. She wasn’t sure what to expect, so she was going to play it by ear. She stops at her favorite coffee shop to pick up a cup of coffee to drink on her way to the academy.

By the time Katlain arrives at the academy, she had finished her coffee. She parks where the recruits were told to park. She grabs her bag with brand new notebooks, pens, folders, and pens. She doesn’t know if they are going to allow her to bring them, but she wanted to be prepared.

Katlain noticed that the academy had someone at the door to the academy greeting them. She walks up and checks in with them. The person that greeted her was an older gentleman, that looked like he had retired from the military.

“Name?” As Gerald looks at one of their newest recruits.

The woman was a small petite person, that he guesses only stood five feet tall. She didn’t look like she’ll be finishing the academy.

“Katlain Brooker.” Katlain stops and looks at the police instructor.

Gerald checks his list of names and finds hers. He marks her off “go down to room 102.”

“Thank you.” Katlain heads down to the room he just told her.

As Katlain walks into the room. She spots several other people sitting at a table with some plain paper on the table before them. She sits down near another woman, that looks to be a few years older than her.

“Hi, I’m Katlain Brooker.” As Katlain looks at the woman sitting next to her.

“I’m Callie Swanson.” She looks at Katlain and couldn’t believe how young she looked. She must be directly out of college.

“It’s nice to meet you, Callie. So, why do you want to be a cop?” Katlain was curious.

“My uncle is one and I want to help people. Why do you want to be a cop?” Callie watches the young girl sitting next to her.

“To help people as well.” Katlain couldn’t tell her the truth.

“I bet if you ask everyone that same question, you’ll get the same answer from them.” Callie watches as more people come in.

“You’re probably right.” Katlain watches as everyone comes walking in.

As she looks around, she notices that there were six women total in her class. There had to be about twenty-four males and some of
them looked like they were just out of the military. Some of them were Navy, and a few were from the Army.

Once everyone was seated, packets of papers were given to each candidate. They included direct deposits forms and other information. One
of the instructors who was at least six foot tall and looked to be a seasoned cop.

“Before you are forms that you need to fill out. If you wish to get paid while you are in the academy. We need your banking information, so we
deposit your pay. Also, there is a form with everything you’ll need to purchase.

Katlain follows along as they go through each form and what they were. She spends most of the morning filling out paperwork. They break for lunch and are given an hour for lunch. They have been given five to ten minutes breaks, every hour on the hour.

There was a little cafeteria where they could buy some lunch. Katlain sat with some of the other women in her class. So, far she hasn’t noticed anything out of line. Still, it was the first day of class. The other women in her class were from various backgrounds. Two of the women were blacks, two were Hispanic and the last one was Pilipino. She was the only Caucasian girl in the class.

Her class ends at 5:00 pm. Tomorrow, they were going to start physical training tomorrow afternoon. According to the instructor, they will have classes in the morning and physical training in the afternoon. Katlain heads over towards Julie and Faith’s place.

Katlain walks up to the door and knocks on the door. She could hear music playing on the other side of the door. When the door is finally opened. She notices Julie was holding Katherine in her arms.

“Has she been a good girl.” Katlain takes Katherine from Julie’s arms as she walks in.

“She’s been a very good girl.” Julie shuts the door behind Katlain.

“That’s good to hear.” As Katlain holds her darling daughter.

“I found out that my classes are going to be between the hours of 8 Am to 5 pm with the weekends off and there might be a few times where
we are doing night time firing at the gun range.” That was going to be something new for Katlain.

“Well, just let us know.” Julie liked babysitting her godchild.

“Thanks, Julie and Faith.” Katlain grabs Katherine’s diaper bag and heads out to her car.

The ride back to her house was long, due to afternoon traffic. Katlain knew no matter which route she took to get home, she is sitting in traffic
for a while. She finally arrives and pulls up next to her pick-up truck.

“Alright, little lady. Let’s get you inside.” Katlain picks Katherine’s car carrier up and carries her inside the house.

Katlain goes about getting Katherine settled and fed. Once she is settled and fed, Katlain heads into her bedroom and change out of the clothes she wore. They were informed today during class that they would be receiving their PT uniforms and polo shirts with the State logo on it.

Tomorrow, she was supposed to show up in black dress pants, dress shoes, and a Polo shirt. She grabs a pair of black dress pants and the polo shirts and runs them through the washer and dryer. When the pants were dry, she irons those till they could stand on their own. She polishes her black dress SWAT combat boots she had, till they shined.

Once Katlain was done getting everything ready for tomorrow. She sits down and enjoys her dinner. Just before she goes to bed, she drains her breasts and put the breast milk in the refrigerator.

Katlain pulls her burn phone out and sends a text to Detective Harrison that she made contact and was in. She gives him what the schedule is going to be every day. She also sends him the names of the instructors she met today during class and the students as well.

up
216 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Who is the 5ft. girl

Katlain is 5ft. She takes after her great,great,great grandmother on her mother's side.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Size can be deceptive

Jamie Lee's picture

The guy at the door has already determined Katlain will fail the course based on her height, as others in the class might have also done.

Because they only notice her size they overlook that she may be more than meets the eye. And if the person assaulting the women thinks she'll be an easy mark he will be in for a rude awakening.

Others have feelings too.