Solomon's Test part 2

Printer-friendly version

Solomon’s Test Part 2

Chapter Three - Solomon’s Palace

Author's note: I know I said I would publish every 2 days, but the sheer number of stories put out since part 1 came out had me re-thinking ...

The next two weeks were near torture for Michael. The medical people poked and prodded him and subjected him to every test they could think of, and when he was taking a break from that, someone from the military was there trying to get him to wrack his brain for even the smallest details of his friendship with Colby in the hopes of finding out where he might be, and from that finding the rest of the group as well.

He was starting to worry his next stop after being released from the hospital would be Gitmo, but Samantha (with a surprise assist from Loraine ) kept the pressure on to release him, and finally, they let him go.

The two women helped him go home, and when he got there, Samantha said, “I better go. Dee will be waiting for me.”

Dee?” asked Lorraine.

“Dee is Samantha’s wife.” Michael replied.

Lorraine shrugged, and said “Oh yes. I remember that being mentioned when I was briefed on you two, and Alan as well.”

“And what did your briefing come up with?” Samantha asked.

“Outside of Michael’s brief association with Colby, nothing that would indicate your involvement in this event.” Lorraine replied. “Which was my primary concern at the time.”

“Good to know” Samantha said, “Now I really have to get home to Dee”

“Okay Sam. Give her a hug and a kiss for me. And thank her, for letting me borrow you so much.” Michael said.

“I will. I hope I’ll see you back to work soon.” Samantha said, and gave Michael a peck on the cheek.

“Me too.” Michael replied,

Sam left, and Michael found himself fidgeting now that he was alone with Lorraine.

He found himself struggling not to be nervous, but found himself feeling awkward in her presence.

“So.... “ He said, looking everywhere but at her. With Sam gone, a certain amount of “military” had been allowed to escape, and the woman beneath the uniform was showing through.

And Michael found that woman ... interesting ...

She gave him a shy smile, and then said, “Well, I guess I better go...”

“Oh. Okay.”

The two of them shuffled awkwardly, and then Loraine left.

Michael closed the door behind her, and shook his head.

“What’s wrong with me? I haven’t acted that nervous around a girl since I was twelve!”

He shook his head again.

“Not to mention she’d never want to be with me, even if I wasn’t a possible suspect.”

Some of his dreams were ... very eventful ...

******

Interlude

“So when does he get the gift?”

“It has already been given”

“But nothing has happened!”

“Patience.”

******

Chapter 4 Investigations and confessions

The next evening, while laying in bed, Michael began to feel ... strange. A tingling sensation throughout his body, that grew, and grew.

And then the tingling became pain.

Not knowing why, Michael called Lorraine instead of 911 before he passed out ...

When he awoke, he was surprised to find himself in his own bed, with Lorraine sitting in a chair watching him.

“I’m still home? You didnt call for an ambulance?” he asked.

“You were breathing regularly and your pulse was steady. A 911 operator recommended I just let you be for a bit, as you would not be considered a medical emergency. Besides, I wasn’t sure you would want EMT’s to see the rather pretty nightgown you’re wearing.”

Michael blushed, and then said, “I guess you’d like an explanation for that”

“If you dont mind.” Lorraine replied with a smile.

“I ...my oldest memory is of starting first grade, and being confused as to why the teachers would put me with the boys. They seemed so different than I was, so different than I wanted to be. But my family ... they thought the idea of boy wanting to be a girl, or feeling like a girl on the inside ... that kind of thing ... they thought something was wrong with you you, if you were like that.”

“Religious objections?” asked Lorraine.

“No my parents thought religion was for weaklings. It’s just they also thought psychiatry was for weaklings too. So I stuffed my feelings inside, even though each step toward being more masculine my body took was like a knife to my heart.”

“But you could do something about it now, couldn’t you?” Lorraine inquired.

“Came close last year. Thought I would start small, do something that wouldn’t be noticeable. So I tried to shave off my leg and arm hair.”

Lorraine glanced at Michael’s arms and legs.

“Yeah, it turns out however feminine I feel, my body hair has other ideas. I tried everything. Razors, creams, even had a go at electrolysis. None of it did the slightest good. And what kind of woman runs around with hairy arms and legs? Maybe back in the sixties, some feminists did it, but cant see anybody doing it now. Which would mean I would either have to keep covered like those Muslim women, or be outed as soon as I walked out the door.”

“You’re ... probably right” Lorraine said with a sigh.

“You seem to be taking this awfully well.” Michael said, “May I ask why?”

“I ... Knew a person like you when I served overseas. After ‘Dont ask, dont tell’ got repealed I told him I would probably find a girlfriend, if I could find a woman who would put up with me. And he dropped his truth on me - that given the choice, he’d transition, But even though being a lesbian was now allowed in the Army, being trans still wasnt. He ... she told me, she was happy for me, but she had two choices - a dishonorable discharge or one day she would eat her gun. And that’s exactly what she did. The army, in its infinite wisdom, decided to pretend she had been killed in action, and sent her home in a flag draped box.”

For a long time after, the two of them held each other letting old griefs go ...

Interlude 2

“He’s ... one of those?”

“She. Didn’t you look at her soul?”

“Ah, it doesnt matter. I’m still waiting for the gift.”

“Keep watching,”

****

End of part 2

up
181 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Divine beings

Looks like one is a bigot and the other one has compassion. Wonder how fast the next part happens.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Aha, I was right.

WillowD's picture

I thought Solomon's Test looked vaguely familiar and was about to skip it. Then I saw "Dorothy Coleen" and remembered the comment I made on the last chapter.

I was right. I like this chapter too.

So it comes out

Reminds me of a 1930s movie ( name is long forgotten) where the Gods give a mortal divine power to see what would happen. Enjoying the read.

thanks, Wendy

huggles!

DogSig.png

Will the accident be accepted?

Jamie Lee's picture

So one God is going to turn Michael into a woman, or so it seems. If this happens how will it affect his job? Will it be accepted as an affect of being trapped inside the collider, or will Hollander find it weird and terminate her?

Only the next chapter knows for sure.

Others have feelings too.

keep reading!

and thanks for commenting!

DogSig.png