Great News, yeah right

Printer-friendly version

Well, its only a few day away. My name is Nicholas Henry Rutherford. Or just Nick is fine. Or as it will be shortly, Agatha Yasmina Carpenter, Aggie for short. Aggie and her family found out about the swap after she learned from her doctor that she can't have children.

Not to dwell on the things out of her control, the Carpenters did alot of research. Eventually found my birth certificate. They hopped on a plane and are just hours from meeting their "new daughter"

This wouldn't really bother me as a good majority of my friends are swapped. My friend Jack/Erika (never met the real Erika) got the swaps when they were about 14 years old.

What complicates things is learning that your new body has selective short term memory loss. That is added to the laundry list of things that are wrong with my swapmate but I'll get into that later. The primary (non hidden) reason is that with swaps comes an adverse effect to the short term memory loss. Full blown amnesia for everything leading to the initial swap. That means that the Rutherfords and the Carpenters will be living under one roof until they know the duration of the swap.

This means that "Nick" will be teaching me who she use to be until i can remember who i really am as Nick. As a result, i have to teach her how to pass as me. I don't know if you know this but have you ever tried explaining something to a person who has a short attention span... i am practically yelling at myself. My only saving grace is that for the first swap i will be blissfully unaware, but i digress.

So Aggie and the family show up on my front porch. I cant believe how time flies. She's so different from me i think it will be obvious the next swap people will be able to tell who is who from a mile away. I try to formally introduce myself but was cut off when her dad says he has yet another reason for the premature visit.

Fast forward and it's the first day of the swap. And what do you know, I'm on Aggies period. I know i said that she cant get pregnant. Well, that was the other bombshell from her then father and mine for the forseable future. "New Nick" comes in to the bathroom and i am freaking out. He tells me that i am on my period because though she cant have kids, i can in her body.

Well, we found out how long the swap is. Its one whole week. Yep the duration of my period. At least i only have to worry about it until the next two swaps. Man I've sure got some explaining when my girlfriend Jennifer/David comes back from their vacations.

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great news

A good story but I feel like I dropped in the middle of things is there a setup to this universe I missed?

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

No clue

Your guess is better than mine. I just wanted to keep to a theme. I honestly don't know anything about creating a universe. Thanks for the comment though.