Broderick and Son

Printer-friendly version

Broderick and Son

by Pamela

([email protected])

Bill Broderick, CEO of the fortune 500 Laston Corporation, and a major force in corporate America, was surprised upon entering his bedroom, to find his son Jimmy with his hand in Jimmy's mom's lingerie drawer. He and Jimmy's mom, Sara, had come back early from an awards banquet because Sara had been feeling a little queasy.

"You like the ladies clothes?" Bill said to his son, causing Jimmy to jump a foot in the air and turn around.

"Oh, God, Dad, I'm so sorry," Jimmy said lamely and turning bright red.

"Tell me Jimmy. Do you like ladies clothes? Is that what I'm seeing here? Is that what you want?"

"No, Dad."

"Why were you in your mom's drawer then?"

"I was looking."

"Looking for what?"

Jimmy's silence as he tried to fabricate a plausible answer gave away his game.

"I'm not going to kill you Jimmy. I just want to know. You like the ladies clothes?"

"Yes, Dad, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"Have you worn your mom's clothes?"

Flustered, Jimmy wanted to lie but once again his hesitation revealed the truth.

"You have. I see that clearly. How long have you been doing this?"

"Awhile, Dad." Jimmy is a rising senior in high school, a fairly popular kid though he has always been shy. He's of middle height and tends to wear his light brown hair long.

"Do you want to be a girl?"

"I don't know Dad."

"You don't know? Well, are you gay then?"

"No, I like girls. I just want to be like them too, I guess."

"So, you want to be like a girl but not actually a girl?"

"I haven't thought a lot about that, Dad. All I know is what I know now. I like wearing some of mom's clothes."

Sara entered the bedroom and said, "What about my clothes?"

"Jimmy likes wearing your clothes. He likes the ladies clothes. What do you like Jimmy? Their underwear? Is that what you like?"

"Yes, Dad," Jimmy said in a barely audible voice.

"What the hell," his mom said. "You like wearing my underwear? You caught him in my underwear drawer?"

"Yeah, he was looking through your underwear when I came in the room. But why are you freaking out?"

"What do you mean, why am I freaking out? He's in my underwear drawer."

"I'm sorry Mom."

"My son is wearing my underwear. My bras? My panties? What is it Jimmy?"

"Yes, Mom, I'm so sorry."

"Enough of this Sara, our son likes the ladies clothes. Besides bras and panties, Jimmy, do you want dresses and stockings? The whole shebang? Or is this just lingerie?"

"How awful," Jimmy's mom said.

"What's awful is Jimmy rooting through your underwear. If you want to dress like the ladies, Jimmy, you'll need your own clothes. None of this borrowing from mom. That's an invasion of her privacy. No one wears Sara Broderick’s bras except Sara Broderick. No one wears Bill Broderick’s jockey shorts except Bill Broderick."

"What do you mean Jimmy needs his own ladies clothes?" Sara said.

"He wants to dress like the ladies, so he'll have to get his own wardrobe."

"Are you nuts?"

"Sara, stop being that mother."

"Stop being that father."

Bill laughed and said, "Very cute Sara, but let me handle this."

Sara said, "I need to lie down. Not only am I queasy, I've got to deal with my son wanting to dress like me."

"Come with me Jimmy, let's talk," Bill said.

They leave Sara to lie down miserable in her bed and go to Jimmy's room.

"So, tell me," Bill said. "Do you want to wear the ladies clothes all the time?"

"I might want to, but I could never. When the summer is over, and I go back to school or if I want to go to the club to swim or play tennis, I can't be dressed like that."

"OK, so do you want to become a girl? I mean have your thing chopped off?"

"I don't know Dad, I don't think so. I never thought about it."

"We could send you to a girls school next year where you could dress like a girl all the time."

"But I wouldn't be a girl, Dad."

"True, they might not like that."

"All I really want right now is maybe a few nice girl outfits, which I could wear when I'm alone."

"It won't bother me if you're wearing the ladies things. If that's what you like, who cares?"

"But mom will definitely freak out."

"She'll come around eventually, I guarantee it. Give her a chance to absorb it and she'll realize you could be the daughter she never had. I bet she'll get into helping you be a girl, but probably not right away."

"I'm so so sorry, Dad."

Bill rolled his eyes and said, "So why haven't you bought your own girls clothes?"

"What?" Jimmy said in disbelief. "Buy my own? You mean go to a store and buy girls clothes? How could I ever do that?"

"Holy smokes, Jimmy, what's the big deal? You go in the store, you pick out what you want, some bra say, you pay for it and that's that. What's the big deal?"

"But what about the sales lady?"

"What about the sales lady?"

"She'll see I'm a guy buying a bra."

"So? I don't see your point."

"It's embarrassing."

"Embarrassing? Why is that?"

"Cause I'm a guy buying a bra."

"Why does it matter what she thinks about you?"

"It doesn't matter, I guess, but I mean Dad I'm there buying a bra and I’m a guy."

"I know you're a guy, but you're a guy who wants to buy a bra. So just go buy a bra."

"I think we’re going around in circles," Jimmy said.

"OK. Tomorrow I'm going with you to the mall and we'll buy the ladies clothes, so you can do your lady thing."

"But Dad!"

"Do you or do you not want to wear the ladies clothes?"

"I do, Dad, but ..."

"But you're afraid to get them so you sneak your Mom's. That is going to end. I'll see you at ten tomorrow morning. Good night, Jimmy."

***

The next morning on the way to the mall Bill said, "Just remember Jimmy. No son of mine is going to sit around afraid of being themselves. You're you and so as long as I have a say in it, you're going to be you."

"Thanks, Dad, but I guess I am afraid to be myself."

"Why is that?"

"I don't think I can always control my desire."

"And if you don't control the desire, then what?"

"Then I guess I dress like a girl all the time."

"Which takes us back to where we were yesterday. If that is you, that is you. You're only afraid of that because of what others might think about you."

"I guess it’s all easy for you, Dad, since you're very masculine and that’s why you're a CEO. I want to be feminine. I hate being masculine."

"Being feminine doesn't mean you have to be afraid to be yourself. Just as many men as women are afraid to be themselves. It has nothing to do with feminine or masculine."

Jimmy thought about what his dad had said. It was true that he had felt like a prisoner of society. Always worried about his persistent desire to be feminine and to dress feminine.

"Remember, you're old enough to fight wars as a soldier, so you’re old enough to decide that you want to wear the ladies clothes or be a lady if that is what you want."

"OK, Dad."

"Does your mom's clothes even fit you?"

"Not very well, actually."

"I bet her bras are too big for you."

"Yeah, Dad."

***

At the department store, Bill found out where the intimates section was and led Jimmy up a couple of escalators until they found the racks and racks of bras, panties and other female undergarments. "Would you just look at this stuff," Bill said, amused. "How in the world do women ever figure out what they want to wear?"

Jimmy looked at the clothing with a hunger that scared himself. Never before had he allowed himself to visit such a place, knowing how much he craved wearing ladies underwear. The intimate section was mostly empty of customers with just a few women shopping. A saleswoman, fairly attractive, wearing a stylish skirt and blouse and in her thirties almost immediately came up to Bill and Jimmy and said, "Can I help you with something?"

"Yes, you can," Bill said. He leaned in and read her employee ID tag, "It's Ms. Feder, is it?"

The woman nodded her head and Bill said, "Well Ms. Feder, this is Jimmy, my son and he'd like to get himself outfitted with some of the ladies things. Jimmy, tell the nice lady what you would like."

Mortified, Jimmy turned the color of a tomato and froze solid making no sound. "I'm sorry Ms. Feder, Jimmy is a bit shy. Come on, Jimmy, what is it you would like? A few bras and panties, tell the nice lady."

Jimmy remained silent and from the looks of him, might faint dead away. "Well besides bras and panties I guess there may be other things here that he needs. Some stockings I bet. Maybe he'd like a girdle, do you sell things like girdles anymore?"

The face of the sales lady went back and forth between shock and amusement. "We have a nice selection of foundation garments, including girdles."

"Good, great. Well, let's start with the bras."

"We need to know what size Jimmy is," the woman said.

"What size bra do you wear, Jimmy?" Bill said.

"I don't know!" Jimmy said with enormous emotion.

"My goodness, he's talking again," Bill said. "I think you had better measure him."

The woman touched Jimmy on the elbow and said gently, "Come with me to a fitting room and I'll measure you."

Jimmy followed her to the fitting area and after a few minutes the two of them came out. "Jimmy has a 36-inch chest and obviously his cup size is an AA."

"We'll have to get him some boobs to go with the bra. Jimmy, do you want to be a B or C or D? Or even bigger if you want, I suppose, though at that point you have to start worrying about quantity over quality if you know what I mean."

"I don't know Dad," Jimmy said. "I haven't thought about it. What about a B?"

"A B, Jimmy. That's a wee bit too small for a Broderick. Get yourself at least a C. I think if it was me, I'd go for a D. Make a statement."

Turning to the saleslady, Jimmy said, "I'll take 36D bras, I guess."

"That's my boy, Jimmy," Bill said and to the sales lady, "Can you suggest some 36D bras for Jimmy?"

The woman took them to a rack of basic tee-shirt bras that were plain white and beige with no ornamentation. "These are popular bras. Most women find them to be very comfortable."

"Good," Bill said and then looking at Jimmy saw that he didn't seem so happy. "What's the matter Jimmy? You don't like these bras?"

"No, they're OK," Jimmy said somewhat half-heartedly.

"Obviously you're disappointed. What do you want? You want colors? Blue? Black?"

"Pink," Jimmy mumbled barely audible.

"Pink? Okay, that's fine. Do you have any pink bras for Jimmy?" Bill said.

"Sure, we have some. Jimmy, do you want lacy bras?"

Jimmy nodded his head.

"Feminine bras?"

Jimmy nodded his head again.

"You should speak up Jimmy. You want some lacy, pink, girly bras then ask for them. This fine woman will not bite you, will she?" Bill laughed, and Jimmy fought back tears. But when he saw the beautiful, bright pink, elegance lacy wonderwire Glamorise, 36D bra that the sales lady had taken them to, Jimmy nearly swooned with desire. If he could wear that bra, he'd die happy.

"We'll take 3 of the pink ones. You also want white?" Bill said.

"Sure Dad," Jimmy said realizing that this experience was going to be the answer to his prayers.

"And 3 white ones also." Bill said.

"Before you buy so many, don't you think that Jimmy should make sure they're comfortable?" the sales lady said.

"Comfortable?" Bill said.

"Not all bras feel the same on all women, or men, I guess. Jimmy will want the bra to be comfortable."

"Good point," Bill said. "Jimmy, go to the fitting room and try on the bra and see if you like it."

Jimmy took a bra and went into the women's fitting room. He was there a few minutes, when Bill said to the saleslady, "I think you better check up on what he's doing."

The saleslady went into the dressing room followed by Bill. Jimmy was the only person there and the saleslady and Bill squeezed into the cubicle where he had thus far taken off his shirt and was just clipping the bra ends together. "Dad, do you have to be here?" he said.

"Don't mind me Jimmy, I've seen your mom put on her bras a million times."

The saleslady helped Jimmy pull up the bra and then adjusted it on him. "Of course, it will feel somewhat differently after you insert breast forms. Probably even better than it feels now."

Jimmy gazed at the image of his thin, flat chest with the beautiful pink lacy bra covering his non-existent boy boobs. "I love this bra." Jimmy said, and he broke out, for the first time, into a huge smile.

"I think this bra is a homerun," Bill said. "It's comfortable Jimmy?"

"Yes Dad. It feels like it was made for me."

"Great. Now onto panties." Bill said.

"So what kind of panties do you want?" the saleslady said.

"I don't know," Jimmy said, "well I guess I would like them to be lacy and pink."

"We got that Jimmy," Bill said. "We're going for feminine here."

"We've got thongs, bikini style, full coverage, you name it," the saleswoman said.

"Get him some of each," Bill said. "Do you have to measure him for size?"

"Mom's panties fit me," Jimmy said, "and they're size 6."

"You wear your mom's panties?" the saleslady said.

Jimmy nodded his head. "That's one reason why we're here," Bill said. "Jimmy’s mom and I do not want him borrowing her underwear."

"Of course, your mom would be very upset by that," Ms. Feder said.

"Put your shirt on and we'll go hunt for panties," Bill said.

Jimmy took off the bra and put his shirt back on and then followed Ms. Feder as she escorted him through the panty section pointing out different pink panties that he might want.

Bill wandered over to join Jimmy and the saleslady and Jimmy said, "How many panties should I buy Dad?"

"How many does a typical woman have?" Bill asked the saleslady.

"Oh, I don't know, at least a couple of weeks’ worth."

"Get Jimmy 20 panties," Bill said.

When Jimmy had collected together 20 panties in mainly pinks, some blue and some white, and various styles he put them on the counter along with the 6 bras. "Now what?" Bill said.

"Pantyhose?" the saleslady said.

"Yes, exactly," Bill said.

"Also, we have a nice collection of garter belts, girdles and body briefers. Jimmy might prefer sometimes to wear a garter belt and stockings, or perhaps a girdle or body briefer, some of which have garters. Lots of options here," the saleslady said.

"What is it Jimmy? What do you want?" Bill said.

"I'd like to wear pantyhose for sure," Jimmy said, "but I also like the idea of a girdle and also the body briefer."

"Get him a dozen pantyhose, I know my wife goes through them pretty quickly, and also a couple of girdles and body briefers. You also sell garter stockings here?"

"Yes, indeed," the saleslady said.

"Get Jimmy a dozen pairs of stockings. I know his mom loves the sheer stockings."

"Sheer?" Jimmy said.

"Yes, get him the sheerest stockings. You'll love them if you love feminine things. Am I right, Ms. Feder?"

"Yes, exactly. Women love the feel of sheer stockings."

"And men love that swishy sound they make when a woman crosses her legs."

As Jimmy followed the sales lady to the panties, he couldn't help but wonder what his dad would think if his son made that swishing sound because he was wearing sheer stockings and he crossed his legs. He'd think I was a girl. He probably thinks I'm a girl right now. Having seen me wearing a bra must make him see me as his daughter. Thoughts like this enflamed Jimmy's desire to be feminine, and he wondered what was driving this? It was almost as if he wanted his dad to see him as being seductive, or was it that he wanted to see his dad the way a woman would?

Ms. Feder and Jimmy reached a large display of bins containing pantyhose and stockings. They discussed what kinds of pantyhose to buy. Should he get control top, or ultra-sheer and what colors and textures? When they were done choosing pantyhose and stockings, they carried them to the counter and then proceeded to go through the collection of girdles and body briefers. While they were looking, Bill walked over to join them. Jimmy and Ms. Feder were considering a white girdle. "It's a panty girdle," Ms. Feder said, "as against an open bottom girdle. You pull it up your legs like shorts, with the clasps undone and the side zipper down. When you have it at your waist you clip the inner clips and then zip it up. They fit snugly, and you can clip your stockings to the garters."

"How does a girl pee in that?" Bill asked.

"Good question. It has an opening that you can move aside so you can pee. For girls you have to be pretty careful about it, and if you don't want to risk that, you can undo the zipper and clips and just pull the girdle down to your ankles. For Jimmy, I suppose using the opening will be pretty easy."

"I definitely would like a panty girdle," Jimmy said.

"You need to try it on. The sizing can be tricky. Same with the open bottom girdles. Let's see which one of those you want."

The open bottom girdles were not lacy like the panty girdle was, but Jimmy still liked the idea of having one. Among the body briefers, some of them had lace touches on them and Jimmy elected to try on each of those. "Body briefers are sized by your bra size, 36D, and luckily you're not too tall."

"I'm 5' 9"," Jimmy said.

"That should be fine. If your torso were long that could make it hard to fit you." Jimmy and Ms. Feder took their selections of girdles and body briefers into the dressing room. Jimmy, with Ms. Feder's help, put on the panty girdle. "What do you think, Jimmy?" Ms. Feder said.

"I like it. It's comfortable."

"I'll get your dad."

Ms. Feder found Bill and brought him to the dressing room.

"Isn't he absolutely darling in that girdle? I thought you should see. It's so cute on him."

"You look so natural in the girdle, Jimmy."

"I love it Dad. It's supportive without being too tight."

"I think your mom would approve. It reminds me of some of her girdles."

Jimmy showed his dad the open bottom girdle and the body briefers. After a few adjustments in size Jimmy was done selecting his foundation garments and he added them to the mountain of lingerie that had formed on the counter.

"He'll need at least one slip and a half slip as well as some nighties. Also, a camisole or two if he wants a complete women's wardrobe," Ms. Feder said.

"Then go for it," Bill said. "Nothing but the best for my son!"

When Jimmy and the saleslady had completed selecting the slips, camisoles and a few stunningly feminine pink nightgowns, they carried them to the register. Bill looked at the large pile of lingerie and said, "You've got everything?"

"I think so, Dad, thank you," Jimmy said.

While Ms. Feder rang up the purchases, Bill said, "In the future, Jimmy, if you need a new bra or something, you can come here. Ms. Feder will take care of you, am I right?"

"Yes, or course, sir. Jimmy will always be welcome here."

***

Weighted down with two large shopping bags filled with lingerie, Bill and Jimmy made their way to a section selling skirts, tops and dresses. A young sales associate, a high school student on her summer job and about the same age as Jimmy introduced herself and asked how she could help. Once again reading her name tag Bill said, "Nancy, my son Jimmy would like some outfits to wear."

"This is the girl's section."

"Exactly. Jimmy would like some skirts and dresses. Feminine, right Jimmy?"

Jimmy once again felt uncomfortable sharing his longing for women's clothing with a stranger. He grunted something that could be construed as being "Yes."

"Oh, how strange. I'm sorry, I've never picked out skirts or dresses for a boy before."

"So, this is your first time. Jimmy wants to be feminine. Isn't that right Jimmy?"

"Yes, Dad."

"What do you have in feminine skirts that would fit Jimmy?"

"Do you know his size?"

"Do you know your skirt size, Jimmy?"

"I know my waist is 32."

"How does that translate into skirt and dress sizes?" Bill asked.

"Jimmy is probably a size 8 or 10 skirt."

"Good. Jimmy go with the young lady and select some skirts and tops. Also, any dresses you might want. I'm going to wait in that chair over there. As you try them on, walk them by me so I can see what they look like."

Jimmy looked at Bill aghast and said, "I'll have to leave the dressing room."

"That's true," Bill said and Jimmy realized that it would be pointless to share his fear of being seen by strangers with his dad.

Bill then said to Nancy, "Wait, Miss. Would it help if Jimmy is wearing a panty and bra and hose when he tries on the outfits?"

"Well, I don't know, perhaps it would help. Does he have a bra and pantyhose?"

"Yes, we just bought bras and panties for him and also pantyhose."

"Great. It would sure help, but what about his..."

Nancy used her hands to suggest breasts and Bill said, "You're right, to see if the dresses and tops fit, Jimmy ought to have his bra cups completely filled out."

"So, Jimmy," Bill said turning to him, "put on one of your bras and a panty and then stuff the cups of your bra with some other panties. Then you'll get a better idea how the clothing fits."

"And to see if the skirts and dresses look good, you'll probably want to be wearing your pantyhose," Nancy said.

"Great idea. So, go on Jimmy, I think you're in good hands here."

Bill sat down on the chair and watched as Nancy took Jimmy through the various sections of the floor picking out skirts, tops and dresses. When they had accumulated several outfits, she escorted Jimmy to the ladies dressing room. First Nancy went inside to make sure that it was all clear and then Jimmy came in after her. Nancy fetched one of the shopping bags from Bill and gave it to Jimmy. While she waited outside his cubicle, Jimmy took off his clothes and put on a bra and panty and then sat down to put on his panty hose. He called out to Nancy, "I'm afraid I don't really know how to put on pantyhose."

Nancy laughed and said, "Can I come in?"

"Please."

Nancy went into the cubical where Jimmy was seated in his bra and panty. He had taken out the pantyhose and was examining it. Nancy took the pantyhose from him and expertly bunched up the two legs so that he could pass the ends over his toes and then pull the pantyhose up his legs. "Wow, that seems so complicated," Jimmy said.

"Girls get used to it so we eventually are experts."

Nancy looked at Jimmy and said, "I don't really get what's going on here. Your dad seems so nice and encouraging. Do you really want to dress like a girl, or is he making you do it?"

"No, my dad's not making me do it. He sort of found out that I want to wear girls clothes so he's taken me down here to get all the clothes I want. He's the head of a big company and he's always telling people what to do. So, he's just trying to make sure that I get what I said I wanted."

"Well, he certainly is an unusual and supportive dad."

"I'm amazed at how nice you and the lady, Ms. Feder, in the lingerie section have been to me. You don't seem repulsed by me, and you're being so helpful."

"I think it’s an interesting challenge to find nice clothes for you. But also, I've never met a boy like you before and it's kind of interesting in its own way."

"How?"

"I always thought of boys as being different than girls. I like a lot of those differences, but sometimes I've wished that they would share more with me on an intimate level. Boys like yourself can supply to girls the boy things they like but maybe also the intimacy. You are, after all, experiencing the same feelings that girls get wearing dresses or wearing bras and having breasts, I mean some of things that a girl knows because she's a girl."

"I've always been too scared to let anyone know about my wanting to be feminine. If I knew that at least some girls didn't mind it or even liked it, then it would be so much easier for me to pretend I'm a girl."

"I can't speak for all girls, but there are probably others that think the way I do. Anyway, stand up, and let's see what we have."

Jimmy stood up and Nancy helped him adjust the pantyhose. "You look pretty good in them," she said. "You should stuff some panties in your bra. Wow, you got a 36D?"

"My dad encouraged me to get large breasts."

"You're a big girl, then. So, let's try on the first outfit. You've got this very pretty pink top and an amazing skirt with some reds and pinks in it."

Jimmy put on the top which had just enough room for his breasts and then the skirt. "What do you think?" Nancy asked, as Jimmy gazed in the mirror at himself.

"I feel feminine, even kind of girlish."

"You should show your dad now."

Jimmy left the dressing room and walked over to where his dad was sitting. "The first outfit Dad, what do you think?"

"I wish your mother were here to give her expert opinion, but I think you look quite good actually. With that tight top you probably will get a lot of boys to stare at you, but I won't lie, your shape around the hips is not as curvaceous as that of a girl but you do look feminine overall. Pretty, even. You and Nancy have good taste."

"Thanks, Dad."

Jimmy and Nancy went back to the dressing room and this time she helped him put on a sheath dress that was light blue with a subtle floral design. When they left the dressing room they passed a couple of women shoppers who stopped to gawk at Jimmy. Bill sitting nearby said, "I like that dress Jimmy. It's very attractive on you." To the ladies who were watching he said, "What do you ladies think? Is that an attractive dress for my son, Jimmy?"

Flustered, the two women blushed and one of them said, "I'm sorry for starring. I'm not used to seeing boys trying on dresses."

"That's fine," Bill said, "but what do you think? A nice look, right?"

"Yes," the woman said. "Your son looks rather feminine."

"Sheath dresses are a good look for a boy with his shape," the other woman said.

"That's what I felt, too," Nancy said.

"Walk around a little, Jimmy," Bill said.

Jimmy walked around and Bill said, "Go ahead and flounce Jimmy. In a dress like that, you should walk like a girl. Go ahead. Am I right ladies?"

The women smiled and nodded their heads. Nancy went up to Jimmy and said, "Put one foot in front of the other as you walk and think about swiveling your hips. That'll be more girl like." Jimmy followed her instructions and found out that it really worked to create a sway to his hips and he felt much more feminine.

"Of course your son needs to wear heels," one of the women said.

"Good point," Bill said. "Jimmy, remember we have to go to the shoe department before we leave."

"Yes, Dad."

"So, we'll take this dress and do you have a few more to try on?"

"Yes, a couple more Dad," Jimmy said and Nancy added, "I'll help him on with another dress and we'll be right back."

After Jimmy and Nancy departed for the fitting room, one of the women said, "Do you mind if we hang around? I'm curious to see what the next dress will be."

"Go right ahead," Bill said. "It's nice to get a woman's perspective."

Jimmy next appeared wearing a pink and white Gingham fit and flare swing dress. "Isn't this gorgeous?" Nancy said. "I think it really looks sweet on Jimmy and very effectively brings out his femininity."

"I agree," one of the women said. "That dress looks like it was made for Jimmy."

Jimmy happily walked around holding out the wide skirt of the dress and feeling ever more comfortable modeling in front of the ladies.

"Do you like it Jimmy?" Bill asked.

"Oh, yes, Daddy, I love this dress."

Jimmy tried on a few more outfits, and in every case he was pleased and so was his audience. On his last trip to the dressing room with Nancy, she said, "I think that I'm going to always look back fondly on the role I've been able to play in helping you to find pretty outfits to wear."

"I can't thank you enough. I never would have found such pretty clothes all by myself."

Nancy smiled. "It's like I've been helping one of my girlfriends to find some really pretty things to wear."

"I feel like you've become my friend. I don't want to embarrass you by saying that."

"I feel the same way, Jimmy." Jimmy and Nancy smiled at each other and then she said, "Maybe we should exchange numbers. I would be curious to find out how you're making out with your new wardrobe."

"I'd love to see you again. It would be fun."

"Would you want to see me as a girl or a boy!" Nancy said laughing.

"I assumed that you'd only want to see me if I was a girl. Like one of your girl friends."

"I could see you either way, Jimmy."

"You mean I can be a boy with you and dress like a girl."

"Why not? It would be sort of cute to see you wearing the outfits that I helped pick out. That would be kind of fun."

Nancy and Jimmy then swapped phone numbers on their mobile phones.

***

After paying for the dresses, skirts and tops and saying good-bye to Nancy, Jimmy and Bill weighted down with their many shopping bags went to the shoe department. Word must have travelled through the store preceding them so the saleswoman in shoes seemed to know all about Jimmy's needs when they arrived. After measuring his feet, she was able to recommend a variety of shoes with flat heel, small heel and high heel. Though he was now wearing the pants and shirt he had come to the store with, he had kept on his bra, panties and pantyhose, which made it easier to try out the shoes. The flats and low heels were not too difficult for Jimmy to negotiate. The high heels were another story and his dad had to hold his hand while Jimmy walked in them to see if they were comfortable. The saleswoman assured them that with practice Jimmy would get better. "This is something I'll get your mom to help you with," Bill said. Jimmy thought his dad was being optimistic. As far as he knew, his mom was never going to accept him wearing the ladies clothes.

With all their purchases in shopping bags around them, Bill asked Jimmy if that was it. "If there is anything else I can help you with today let me know. Well, of course, there are the boobs which we'll have to do some research on. But is there anything else you need here?"

"I think that's about everything, I guess. You've been so wonderful Dad, I'll never be able to repay you."

"There is one thing more you want, isn't there?"

"How do you know?"

"When we walked past the evening wear boutique, I could see you look with longing at the gowns they had there."

"Well, I actually always wanted to wear a pretty prom dress. A dress for special occasions only."

"I knew I was seeing that. So, let's get you the prom dress of your dreams." Bill and Jimmy made their way to the dress salon, one escalator ride up that was filled with large floor to ceiling mirrors and racks of full-length gowns in various colors.

"You two have become legendary in the store," a saleswoman said approaching them. "Don't tell me that Jimmy wants a prom dress, also."

"You know our names, and you're reading our minds," Bill said.

"You take a seat and let me and Jimmy find something that he likes. Prom dresses are special and girls usually have very particular styles and colors in mind, so talk to me Jimmy. What sort of dress would you like?"

Jimmy and the woman went off and Bill bided his time. Fifteen minutes later Jimmy, wearing a magnificent pink dress, followed by the saleswoman approached Bill.

"Wow!" Bill said. Jimmy had a smile from ear to ear.

"See how happy he is," the woman said. "Let me tell you about the dress. You see how it shows off Jimmy's shoulders and his beautiful back but still makes him feel like a princess. It's a one-piece halter ball gown with a sweetheart bodice, a high neck halter with generous beaded embellishment on the bodice including a chandelier necklace effect at the décolleté. See how the beaded collar at the throat continues to the back and splits into two beaded straps that frame the open back in a triangle keyhole. To show this off, the saleswoman gently had Jimmy turn around showing his back. The beautifully detailed tulle skirt features two delicate layers edged with beading that open like fairy wings. Hemmed to floor length in front but gathered a bit more at the center back to create a delicate sweep train." The woman lifted and rustled the skirts. "Of course, Jimmy is wearing a crinoline under the skirt to keep it puffed out so nicely.

"It is a beautiful dress. As long as Jimmy is in love with it, we'll take it."

"Oh, thank you Daddy. It's just perfect. I feel so pretty."

"You look like a real princess, Jimmy. Then we'll pay for the dress and I think that is it. We're done!"

***

Back home, Sara was overwhelmed by the sea of shopping bags that arrived. "How much did you spend!"

"I spend more than this on one dress for you," Bill said. "Jimmy, show your mom what we got."

"Do you want to see, Mom?" Jimmy said.

"All right, Jimmy, I'll look, but I still don't approve, and I think your father is out of his mind."

"Don't make the kid feel bad," Bill said. "If you saw the joy in his face."

"OK, OK, OK, I get it."

"First I'll show Mom the lingerie I bought." Sara rolled her eyes but didn't say anything.

"I got six bras, three pink and three white. I'm wearing one of them now."

"Let me see," Sara said.

Jimmy took off his top and his mom said, "Would you look at how bright that pink is!"

"If there is one thing Jimmy loves, it's pink," Bill said.

"You two are going to drive me cuckoo. What size is the bra?"

"It's a 36D."

"D cup? That's my size. Jimmy is my size!"

"I have to do some research, but I'm going to get Jimmy some breast forms to fill out his bra. In the store he used panties in his bra cups so that we could get a better idea of how his dresses and blouses fit."

"I think I'm going to be ill," Sara said.

"Honey, this is the time to step up to the plate. Jimmy is going to need your help to learn how to do a lot of girl things that only girls know about."

"Like what? How to insert a tampon?"

"Don't be cruel, Sara, and you never know, there may be a time when Jimmy will have periods."

"OK, OK, OK, sorry," Sara said.

"We bought high heels for Jimmy and you can help teach him how to walk in them."

"You bought him heels?"

"Yes, of course," Bill said. "Also, you can help him with his stockings and I'm guessing he's going to want to wear make-up which he doesn't know much about. You could also help him learn how to coordinate his outfits."

"I get it, I get it."

"I've got an errand I've got to do now," Bill said, "and I hope the two of you can mend your fences while I'm away."

"Bye, Dad, and thanks again."

When Bill was gone, Sara said, "Did you want such large breasts?"

"I didn't know how big they should be, but Dad said I ought to make a statement."

"You're definitely making a statement, Jimmy."

"I didn't realize that."

"Mom and son with the same bra cup size. I can't get over that. And I don't think I have any pink bras.”

"I like pink," I said, "but I also got 3 white bras."

"I'm glad you did. You'll need some white bras for everyday use and lots of outfits wouldn't be right with a pink bra underneath. Especially a bra that is as pink as this one is."

"I hope you'll tell me what bra to wear with each outfit until I understand how to do it."

"Sure, so what else did you get?"

"Dad bought me a lot of panties." Jimmy took the 20 pairs of panties and put them on the table. "A lot of them are pink, but some of them are blue and white."

"My goodness, how many panties did you get?"'

"20."

"Your father is crazy. I see thongs and bikini style."

"Some are full coverage also."

Looking in one of the shopping bags, Sara said, "And I see you got hosiery."

"Dad got me a lot of pantyhose and stockings too. Nancy, the sales lady helped me put on the pantyhose. I couldn't figure it out myself and I hope that you'll teach me how to wear pantyhose. I'm still wearing the pantyhose now."

"You are? Let me see."

Jimmy took off his pants so he was wearing the pantyhose, panties and bra. Jimmy felt more than a little uncomfortable standing in girls underwear in front of his mom.

"You must really like lace. Your panty and bra are the kind that feminine girls buy."

"I like being feminine, though I haven't really thought about my being a girl."

"How long have you felt this way?"

"Since I think I was 12 or 13."

"So, you've been wearing my clothes for 4 or 5 years?"

"No, Mom, it's only been a few months. I hadn't even thought to do it until like a year ago and then I felt so guilty."

"I'm glad to see you do feel guilty."

Jimmy started to cry, and his mom said, "What in the world are you crying about?"

"Mom, I spent so many years trying not to feel feminine and then feeling guilty because I couldn't stop the feelings. And now Dad said he wants me to be me even if that means being feminine. I feel so happy now and I want to always feel this happy. But I also can't stand having you upset with me."

"I understand that this is hard for you, Jimmy, but it's also hard for me. Look at it from my point of view."

Sara was wearing a dress and she reached behind her back and unzipped it and then took it off. "Mom!" Jimmy said and averted his gaze.

"Look at me Jimmy," his mom ordered him, and he faced her. She was wearing a bra filled with her formidable boobs and pantyhose and a panty like Jimmy was. "Look at the reality here. You and I are both wearing bras, panties and pantyhose. My son is standing next to me wearing girls underwear just like I do. It's mind blowing to me Jimmy. All of a sudden we're two ladies together. No longer mom and son. Do you see why I'm upset?"

Jimmy nodded his head. As Sara gazed at her son, the vision of her child dressed like her daughter was causing some long-buried feelings to shake free and rise up. She remembered when the doctor told her that she was having a boy. Since she and Bill had long decided to have only one child, at that moment she had mourned the fact that she'd never have a daughter. If the truth be told, however, had she had a daughter, she would probably have mourned not having a son. But it was true that she had long had a fantasy of being the mom to a daughter, so she could help guide her into being a successful and beautiful woman. She and a daughter in some ways would be closer to each other than she could be with a son. And now here was this living breathing boy/girl who was acting like her daughter. It was true that Jimmy was feminine in ways that she had probably always known about but had suppressed.

"Mom?" Jimmy said.

"I was thinking about a long time ago I had had to accept the fact that I'd not have a daughter. Now, here you are in a bra and I feel like I'm a mom teaching her daughter about bras and other girl secrets."

"But, Mom, that's what I've wanted for a long time. I wished that I could be your little girl, your daughter. I looked up to you. I wanted to be doing what you were doing. When I saw you cutting out patterns and sewing them to make dresses, or when you made elaborate gingerbread houses, I wantd to be doing these things with you. Instead, I was outside playing ball with Dad or playing soccer with the team. Now I just want a simpler life, sitting with you and being like you. You never suspected that I wanted to be your daughter?"

"Little boys love their mommies and I interpreted your affection for me as being completely normal. It's true that older boys turn toward becoming men and you did not exactly turn that way, but you're still young. Seeing you in ladies underwear can't help but make me wonder what role your father and I had in creating your desire to be feminine. I know your dad is a force of nature. It could be hard for a boy with a gentle disposition to emulate him, so perhaps you then gravitated toward being like me. Perhaps your desire to be feminine can be interpreted as a way of wooing your father's love. Anyway, these are all interesting things to think about and I'll need a lot of time to process them."

Jimmy took a chance and hugged his mom, who only half-heartedly hugged him back. "Eventually, Jimmy, give me time," his mom said. "Now, tell me, what other clothes did you get?"

"They had some pretty girdles in the store."

"Girdles?"

"Yes, Dad and I bought two of them and stockings. Also, a couple of body shapers with garters." Jimmy fetched them out of a bag and handed them to his mom.

"Foundation garments are for girls who want to rearrange their shape. A girdle can give a woman beautiful shapely hips besides holding up her stockings. A body shaper works its magic from the bust down. You have the body of a young girl who hardly needs shaping. I wear girdles and body shapers sometimes, particularly if I'm going to dress up and I want my best possible shape."

"To be honest Mom, I've loved wearing your girdles and body shapers. They are among my favorite things to wear."

"Most women are not delighted to wear girdles, Jimmy."

"I think I like them because they're feminine. They make me feel feminine. They also make me feel closer to you."

"I see, so OK, Jimmy, what's next?"

Jimmy showed his mom his nighties, his slips and camisoles. Then he took out the tops, skirts and dresses. "These are very tasteful," Sara said. "Put on the blue dress and let me see what you look like." She handed Jimmy the light blue dress that he had first worn, and he said, "Can I put it on here?"

"You're already in your underwear, Jimmy, so I think it’s OK. Anyway, you and your father are going to have to get used to the idea that you and I are the girls in the family and we can get dressed together or do anything else that girls do together."

Jimmy put the dress on over his head and his mom zipped it up the back. "When I tried it on before I had stuffed some panties in my bra."

"Did you now?"

"So, I think it looks better when I have a figure."

"I think it fits you nicely. You are pretty. I'd be lying if I said you weren't"

"Thank you, Mommy," Jimmy said. "I love wearing the dress."

Sara looked through the rest of the outfits, holding them up to take a good look at them. Jimmy said, "The sales girl, Nancy, was so helpful in picking them out."

"She has wonderful taste, I must say. This could have been a disaster, but it’s actually pretty nice."

"Nancy gave me her phone number."

"She did?" Sara said puzzled.

"We sort of became friends. I spent more than an hour with her and I think she really likes me."

"As a what?"

"As a boyfriend who dresses like a girl, I think, I hope, anyway I'm pretty sure that that is what she said."

"So, you like girls? I don't understand."

"Yes, Mom, I like girls. It's just that I want to dress like them too."

"So, you'll go on a date with her dressed as a girl?"

"I think she would prefer that I dress like a girl."

"It must be your generation, since I don't think that girls of my era could see a boy in a dress without laughing."

"You're not laughing at me."

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I really don't want to ever wear boys clothes again. Though I might have to, like in school."

"Maybe your brilliant dad can find a girls school that will take you in. I have no idea. Is there anything else to show me?"

"These are the shoes Dad bought for me." Jimmy opened up the shoe boxes and showed his mom.

"Once again, these are in good taste."

"I'm very wobbly on the high heels. Could you teach me how to walk in them so I'm steady and graceful?"

"Well, I don't think I have much choice, do I? I don't want you twisting your ankle. What is in the garment bag?"

"Dad asked me before we left the store if there was anything else that I wanted, and I had to be honest and I told him that I wanted a prom dress."

"A prom dress? Are you going to the prom?"

"I don't know about that Mom, but I've often thought about how nice it would be to be wearing a pretty prom dress, so I found the most beautiful dress in the store."

"Let's see it."

Jimmy unzipped the garment bag and took out the pink dress. "Dad also bought a pink crinoline to hold out the skirt."

"What a pretty and elegant dress," Sara said holding it up so she could see it. Your father is out of his mind buying a dress like this for his son. Go put it on. I want to see the whole look. Dress, heels, crinoline. Let me see what we have here."

Jimmy took off his blue dress and with his mom's help put the gown over his head and zipped it up for him. He stepped into the crinoline and pulled it up to his waist. Holding onto his mom's hand he stepped his feet into his high heels. "Thank you, Mom," Jimmy said. He felt the same joy he felt in the department store. What could be better than to be a princess in her ball gown? He took a few tentative steps and felt like he truly was a princess.

At that moment his dad returned from his errand. "I can see I've come back at exactly the right moment. Will you excuse us for a minute, Sara? Come with me Jimmy."

Jimmy hobbled over to his dad in the foyer. They then walked hand-in-hand into the dining room out of sight of Sara. Bill had a package that he opened up. Inside was a box that he then opened and inside it was two life-like breast forms. "Oh my god Dad! You got me breasts!"

"These are for D cup bras, Jimmy. Put them in your bra and see how they look."

Eagerly, Jimmy but a breast into each cup of his bra and instantly transformed himself from a pretty prom princess, to a voluptuous prom queen. "My chest is so big," Jimmy said, "I feel like I'm a real woman."

"Go in and show your mom. See if she's jealous!"

Jimmy walked back slowly to the living room and when Sara took a look at him, she said, "Bill, did you buy him boobs?"

"I sure did."

"He's as big as I am," Sara said.

"That's what I told him. You're both D cups."

Sara got up and stood next to Jimmy. They were about the same height, though his mom was a bit more solid than him. "You see this Bill? Your son and I are both girls now. I hope Jimmy can find happiness as a girl."

"Mom, if you allow me to behave and dress like a girl when I'm with you, that will make me very happy."

"I can try, but you have to learn to act like a real girl if you don't want me to see the boy in you. When I can look at you across a room and see you looking and behaving like a girl, like any other girl, then I'll see you as my daughter. But I can see right now that you have a lot of work cut out for you. You have to learn how to do your hair and nails. You need to get your ears pierced. You have to learn how to hold things the way girls do and move your arms the way girls do. You have to walk and sit like a girl. You have to pee sitting down from now on. I can go on and on. The hardest part for you will be to relate to people like a girl does. There are subtle differences in how boys and girl talk to each other and socialize."

"That sounds like a great challenge," Bill intervened. "Jimmy, challenges are great. I have a lot of confidence that you'll become that girl that your mom is talking about. You're a Broderick and never forget that."

Jimmy walked over to his dad and gave him a hug.

"Look at that Sara, Jimmy is becoming our daughter in front of our very eyes."

"We'll see, we'll see," Sara said.

***

A few days later Jimmy got a call from Nancy. "I'm just checking up on you, Jimmy. I'm wondering how you're doing with your new clothes."

"My mom has come around to helping me be a girl which I really love and that has bonded us together."

"How sweet. How exciting."

"I've been sort of reacquainting myself with my dad, this time in the role of his daughter. And it feels right to me."

"That's great, Jimmy."

"We need to get together," Jimmy said, "I mean I would really love that."

"Me, too," Nancy said. "I'm having some girl friends over this Saturday afternoon. You can come over early so we can have a visit together, just you and me, and then I'll introduce you to everyone."

"That sounds great Nancy. You want me to wear one of my girl outfits."

"Sure, I thought that was understood."

"OK. You're sure your friends will be OK with that."

"Yes. They're really curious about you and would love to get to know a feminine boy."

After they hung up, Jimmy started to worry about which outfit should he wear to Nancy's. His blue dress? His swing dress? One of his skirts and blouses? He would have to give it some thought.

That night he told his mom and dad that he had a date with Nancy. "As girlfriends?" Sara asked.

"Well, yes and no," Jimmy said.

"What kind of answer is that?" Sara said.

"It's complicated, Mom."

"Whatever he'll be, he'll be a Broderick and he'll be himself, or herself, as the case may be," Bill said, ending the conversation.

The End

up
183 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I know, right

Just as it should be.

Interesting To Say the Least

littlerocksilver's picture

I wonder where this might go. Of course, this might be the author's intent: let us make the decision.

Portia

Wow!

This was hilarious. I loved the tension between the patriarch being absolutely archetypical dominating force, certain of his opinions and of being in the right without a sign of listening - but actually being right, and acting in Jimmy’s best interests. Worthy of Hulot or Mr. Bean. It added to the effect to have the all the people they encounter being genuinely open and supportive.

I Was Surprised ...

jengrl's picture

that during the entire story , no one thought to use a girl’s name or even use feminine pronouns when he was dressed . It was great that Dad was fully supportive , because most of the time , it isn’t the case . It was also great to see Mom come around , although her support is still not at the level of Dad . It was also nice to see a girl who accepts and wants to date a boy who lives as a girl.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg