Doorway to Amaru Meru Part 6

Printer-friendly version

Doorway to Amaru Meru

Part 6 of 8

Amaru.jpg

I gasped for air much like a fish out of water as I collapsed onto the floor. Vikold’s Nakco blood curse seared its way through my veins. My magic could do nothing to stop it. Darkness seemed to pour in all around me. As I slipped into and out of consciousness, I could see my fingers dancing with magic as they convulsively grabbed the carpets on the floor.

I heard my screams as if hearing them from a distance. All that I knew began to fragment in my mind. There was nothing but the comfort of darkness.

***

“It’s about time you woke up, High Priestess Aila.”

My eyes opened slowly. I was lying on a bed in a dark room and my master’s voice had spoken to me. Internally, I fought, but I had no idea what I was fighting. It made me angry.

“It’s time for you to get up.”

I had to obey his command even though I hated it. I hated him and yet I didn’t know why. I sat up and looked around the room I was in. I saw but I couldn’t piece together what I was seeing as if there was a barrier between my consciousness and my senses.

“You’ve been asleep for two days, High Priestess Aila. It’s time for you to get to work.”

Master Vikold moved to a desk and pulled a ring necklace from a box. It reminded me of something but there was nothing tangible I could grasp, and, as quickly as I connected to it, it vanished from my thoughts.

“Come here.”

I moved towards my master and glanced at my reflection in the mirror. There was a sense of who I was, but the pale-skinned, dark-eyed woman staring back at me was different. I managed to hold onto a single word in my mind. Aila.

Vikold placed the necklace around my neck, stood back, and smiled. “I should have done this a long time ago. Follow me.”

My legs moved of their own accord and as the walls and hallways passed me by, I held onto the one word that resonated within me. Aila… Aila… Aila… I was nothing but a shell, a ghost.

We entered a large open space and my anger continued to grow. I had recognition, but I couldn’t hang onto any memory long enough to gain understanding.

A woman pushed her way through a crowd of people towards me. She was upset and slapped me hard. I registered the pain but felt nothing but my simmering rage.

“You control her now, Master Vikold. Give her to me for all I have done for you.”

“You think I should reward you? You’ve failed me time and time again. Strike her, High Priestess Aila.”

My magic rose up within me as my arm lashed out towards the woman. I hit her with a combination of force and magic that sent her sprawling into a nearby wall. There was a sense of power and I could feel my mouth twitch into a slight smile.

I screamed internally. Aila… Aila… It was my last and only shred of connection to who I was.

The woman stirred and rose shaking to her feet. She wiped blood from her lip, looked angrily at Vikold and slipped away and out of sight. I wanted to feel anything other than anger, but I couldn’t.

“Our plan has been a success and our victory is at hand. By controlling the gates, the Viangi were in position to secure the High Priestess when she returned to us. Although we suffered some setbacks, Aila absorbed far more dark than light magic in her gathering. We must also assume she bonded with a dark magic animal companion for no light magic beast would have come to her. By taking the ring and necklace of ascension, Aila was forced to return to us or the High Priestess would have been regenerated. Two nights ago, Aila tried to steal back the necklace. It called to her so that she could fully ascend five days from now. That call drove her to me and I infected her with a Nakco blood curse. She is now fully under my control and with her power, we will destroy the Twuilhe once and for all.”

I heard Vikold’s words, but it was difficult to register what he was saying.

“Now, I will show you ultimate proof.”

A man was dragged forward. He struggled in their grasp as his eyes sought mine. There was something about him.

“This man came to us years ago. We believed his disillusionment with the Twuilhe was real and after extensive testing, he took our mark of obedience. We believed him to be Onal, but he was a Master and Lioca. He used his magic to build trust inside our ranks making it hard for us to penetrate his facade. His desire was to infiltrate us and work against our goals. It has come to my attention that this man is none other than Sharian, magically chosen mate to Aila.”

Sharian… Sharian…

“There can be no greater test of our High Priestess than for her to kill this man, a Lioca, a Master, her chosen mate. High Priestess Aila. Kill him!”

The man’s eyes widened as I stepped forward and grabbed his neck with one hand. The other men holding him stepped back and away.

“Aila…” The man’s voice was barely audible.

There was something in his eyes… Aila… Sharian… I began to tighten my grip as my magic built. Words came into my head.

“Love conquers all and the darkness can never take you.”

My hand began shaking. Sharian… Sharian… I felt my lips tingle and my body flush with warmth.

“Kill him!”

My fingers tightened slightly, but a thread of light appeared in the darkness of my mind. It connected words and thoughts and I could feel once again. I felt love. Love…

I closed my eyes as I felt my life returning to me. When I opened them I saw Sharian. The darkness was still there within me and it tore at my mind and clawed at me. The pain was immeasurable as I fought to regain my hold. My shaking hand slid from Sharian’s neck to his cheek and I leaned forward and kissed him before succumbing to the pain wracking my body.

“Beor!”

People were moving all around me as I screamed out in defiance against the darkness. A wave of white light ripped through the temple throwing the Viangi like rags in all directions. Sharian fell over me to protect my body as stones crashed all around us.

***

I woke on the comfort of a soft bed, but I was anything but comfortable. My muscles were convulsing and twisting in pain.

“You’re safe, Aila. Fight it. Fight the darkness.”

Sharian’s worried face came into focus as he hovered near me. My muscles calmed and the fire within my blood temporarily subsided.

“I’m… sorry. I… had no… control.” I started weeping uncontrollably. “Forgive…”

Sharian’s hand stroked my face and hair. “It is me that needs to ask your forgiveness. I had no idea the ring necklace was calling to you. I should have gone with you. I was selfish, wanting to keep you safe for myself.”

My shaking hand reached for his. “I’m dying, Sharian.”

“No!”

“I… can feel it. Either I… succumb to the darkness…” I coughed and shook a little. “…and become… a mindless tool… or I will die… fighting against it.”

“No… You can fight it, Aila. Your magic is different. No one has ever fought themselves free of the blood curse of the Nakco. You’re winning.”

I squeezed his hand. “Too… much darkness. Too much dark magic.”

It had taken all I had to fight off the darkness to share those words. The pain once again tore through me causing me to lapse into a fitful sleep.

***

When I woke next, the pain had greatly diminished, but so had my energy. Death was close, but it also seemed like I had a momentary reprieve.

“Aila!” Sharian looked drained.

“I don’t have long, my love.”

Tears fell from his cheeks. I was his beloved for his entire life. His lips found mine and instead of pulling away, I held him fast against me. I returned his kiss.

Sharian tried to pull away again, afraid he may hurt me. Again, I held him tight and kissed him.

“I would… if you would grant me one wish… to be your wife just once.”

Sharian paused and kissed me deeply. Our tears mingled and fell to the sheets. I felt every touch, every spark of magic. Our passion grew even though my energy was diminishing. His hands were on me, gently removing my clothing.

I yielded completely to him; indulging in the most intimate of moments. When we came together as one, I moaned with ecstasy and was filled with indescribable joy.

Afterwards, we laid there in each other’s arms as I drifted into a deep sleep.

***

I was in a place where light was all around me. There was no struggle, no pain. I was me. Aila. A man approached me from the distance and as I recognized him, I ran to him.

“Dad!”

He enveloped me in his arms and held me tightly. He kissed my cheek. “I always knew I would see you again.”

“But I’m different than the last time you saw me. I’m not the same person.”

“I’d recognize your spirit anywhere. You’re my Luke but I see now that you were always much more. There’s someone here that wants to see you.”

I looked past dad to see my mom. Tears fell from my eyes as she ran to me and hugged me tightly. “There you are, my sweet one. I’ve longed to see you so much.”

She pulled back, held one of my hands in hers, and let her other hand stroke my face.

“You’re so beautiful. Now I understand why you couldn’t ever commit to anyone. I see you’ve found your soul mate, your one true love like I did with your dad. Your face shines with goodness, kindness, and love.”

“I’ve found him, mom, but if I’m here with you…”

“Don’t you fret, sweetheart. It’s not your time. We’ll see you again one day. We love you.”

Dad wrapped his arms around us both.

“I love you both so much.”

Mom and dad started to walk away from me, but mom turned back. “There are others that wish to see you. Don’t be in a hurry to return to us. We’re fine.”

The light swallowed my Earthly parents but gave something else back. Two people, a man and a woman stepped towards me. The woman was beautiful and had long brunette hair and the man was tall and handsome. They crushed me to them in a firm and warm embrace.

“Remember…”

Suddenly, it was as if a wall in my mind was taken away. Memories were unlocked and rushed forth like a bursting dam. I took a step back and while I had suspected these were my real parents, I now knew for certain. I remembered them.

“Mother! Father!”

I fell once again into their arms. Mother caressed my long hair just like she did so many years ago. They held me tight and kissed my forehead.

“We never meant for any of this to happen, our beloved daughter. We’ve felt the pain and confusion that you’ve suffered. You will be the greatest High Priestess the Amaru Meru has ever known. You’ll never know just how proud we are of you or how much we love you.”

“I can’t be High Priestess. I have too much darkness in me.”

“This is not a place for someone filled with evil and darkness, Aila. You have found balance. Our time here is short. We love you, Aila.”

“When will I see you again?”

“When your time is done, but that won’t be for a very long time yet.”

They started to drift away, and I reached for them. “I love you!”

The light wrapped around them and I was alone once again, but this time, I didn’t feel alone anymore.

***

I woke in a state of blissful warmth, a feeling of complete safety, and, while drained, no torment or internal struggles churned within me. Sharian’s face was next to mine and his body draped over me. I moved my hands to his face and kissed him. “My beloved, Sharian.”

His eyes shot open. “Aila.”

“I hope your not done with me yet. Something happened. My magic has balanced and there’s no more pain or pull towards the darkness. I think you’re stuck with me.”

“That’s the best news I’ve ever heard. I thought I lost you.”

“I think you saved me. Since I hadn’t ascended yet I was still susceptible to changes in my magic. When you…” I smiled. “When you made love to me… You infused me with Lioca magic, bringing balance to me.”

“You’re certain?”

“I’m still depleted and weak, but I feel the magic balanced within me.”

“Of course, your weak. You haven’t eaten anything for days.”

“Days?”

“Your ascension is tomorrow.”

I reached for the necklace, but it wasn’t there. “Where’s the necklace?”

“I have it here. You were wearing it when you levelled the place and Beor came to get us out of the temple.”

I sat up but felt a little woozy. Sharian sat up next to me and protectively wrapped his arm around my shoulders. On a stand near the bed was the ring necklace.

“I don’t remember much. I’m sorry I left you, Sharian. The necklace, it called to me and while I had power, I felt secure enough to get it back on my own. When I found Vikold’s room and the necklace…” I reached a hand to the right side of my neck. “Vikold appeared behind me and I felt incredible pain in my neck. After that, I only remember fragments. The darkness was overwhelming. I had no control of myself. I didn’t even know who I was.”

“The bite of a Nakco is extremely powerful. No one has ever broken free of their control before.”

“How were you there?”

“When I woke and found you missing, I knew immediately where you had gone and Beor was waiting for me outside. I snuck into the Earth gate temple but was captured. Two days later I was dragged into the gate room to find you there under Vikold’s control. Somehow you broke free long enough to call Beor and send the Viangi flying in all directions. I grabbed you and Beor took us back here to the dragon temple. That was days ago.”

“Days… Do you know what happened to the Viangi in the temple?”

“I’m fairly certain they were all alive, just unconscious.”

“Vikold will be upset. I wonder what he is up to now.”

“Like me, he either felt you would fall into darkness or die. I don’t think he considered what making love to a Lioca would do to you.”

I slipped my hand into his and laid my head on his shoulder. “I know what it did to me… I guess we’re married now?”

“Spiritually, magically, and physically. Let me get you something to eat.”

“That would be great, because it’s the physical aspect of those three that I need the most help. Food, a bath, and you and not necessarily in that order.”

***

I walked out of the dragon temple bedroom feeling mostly restored. The smile on my lips might never go away and it would take a few days of sustenance before I was one hundred percent. I would also be forever grateful for the builders of these magnificent structures for their baths would be the envy of any five-star hotel on Earth.

Beor was waiting for me and I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his thick, scaled neck.

“Thank you, Beor. That’s three times you’ve saved me.”

“It is a selfish habit of mine. Of course, if you were to die, I would not be around much longer myself.”

“You’re not growing tired of me yet?”

“I have not had so much fun in many years. Are you ready for your ascension, Aila?”

“I thought I just had to wear the necklace at the right moment.”

“There is more to it than that. You must travel to the Temple of Ascension and there, before witnesses, you will ascend. You might wish to change your clothes as the ones you are wearing look rather worn.”

I looked down at my white dress and indeed, it was quite dirty. “You don’t happen to know here I could find a replacement, do you?”

“You can magically create one yourself, however, you might wish to choose from one of the outfits in the Dragon Temple’s wardrobe. We dragon’s have no need for such refinement.”

“That‘s right, Beor. You’re very handsome already. I can magically create a dress…” I smiled and thought of how I produced a flower, but when a blob of cloth appeared at my feet and I held it up I knew I hadn’t done a very good job.

“It helps if one knows exactly what they want before they create something.”

“I thought I did. Where’s the wardrobe?”

***

My magically created dress was quite the failure, but I didn’t give myself too hard a time about it. After all, I don’t have a lifetime of experience being a woman and wearing such clothes. I was proud that I was able to create a pile of material though.

I wasn’t sure how long the clothes in the wardrobe had been around. Having spoken with Beor, it had to be many, many years since humans came here last. I spent some time scrolling through ascension archives until I spotted an outfit I liked. I then looked through several dozen dresses until I found something similar. With a few careful magical adjustments after I put it on, I was impressed by what I saw in the mirror.

I made my way back to the bedroom and to an anxious Sharian. One look at the new me having bathed and changed into a stunning golden and glittery gown, and Sharian’s anxiety vanished. Throw out all the magical power I had, and I would still be able to control Sharian just by looks alone. I loved this about being a woman.

“You’re breathtaking, Aila. Where did you find that dress?”

“There is a closet filled with clothes here, but you may wish for my protection as the dragons are looking hungry.”

“I look like a peasant compared to you.”

I snuggled up to Sharian. “You look like the most handsome man in the world to me.”

“Mmmm. I could get used to having you around to boost my ego.”

“I’m getting pretty adept at magical things too.”

“Really? Show me.”

I took his hand in mine. “This may feel a little weird the first few times.”

In the blink of an eye we were standing on the edge of the Dragon Temple looking down on the river below. Sharian gasped.

“That was incredible… and dangerous. Another inch…”

I frowned. “Concentration is really important. I was thinking of taking us to the clothes closet but thought about seeing you in a swimsuit in the last second. We veered a little towards the river. Let me try again…”

In an instant we were standing at the wardrobe.

“Aha! I did it!”

“I think I may need some new underclothes. How are you doing that?”

“Beor showed me. I asked how he could find us so quickly when I called to him and he showed me. It’s all part of dragon magic.”

“I had no idea.”

“I can also do dragon fire and…” I rose myself up off the ground a little. “I think with practice, I can fly. Dragons aren’t designed to fly. Their wingspans aren’t enough to lift them for proper flight. They use magic to enhance their abilities.”

“You’re enjoying this too much.”

I put on a contrite face. “I have a new lease on life. I’m married to the most wonderful man alive. And I can teleport myself and fly. I see nothing not to enjoy.”

Sharian pressed my back up against the wall. He was about to kiss me when I looked over his shoulder and flicked my fingers towards a dragon creeping our way. “Shoo!” I turned back to Sharian, smiled and kissed him.

Sharian teased me. “You just wait until I get you to a place where I’m not an appetizer. Then I’ll show you who is in control.”

“You’re already in control of me. Test me.”

“All right. Kiss me.”

I made it look like I was a little dazed. “Yes, Master…” I gave him a sloppy kiss and giggled. “Let’s get you ready for the ball, Cinderella.”

“What ball and who is Cinderella?”

***

The next morning, I opened the necklace and separated the ring from the beads. I put the ring on my right index finger and placed the necklace around my neck as I had seen other High Priestesses do for their ascension.

I felt Sharian’s arms wrap around me from behind. “Are you ready to lead the worlds?”

“Earth would never follow me. I think they would rather nuke me out of existence than follow an alien woman. I don’t know anything about the other worlds and this one has two factions of people, neither of which seem to be interested in me leading them. We could lead a very quiet life.”

“Regardless of the outcome, you will ascend to be our High Priestess. I couldn’t imagine any other person more capable than you.”

“I can’t even teleport us safely.”

“People take years to develop their magical skill. I think it is coming naturally to you.”

“Always the optimist. Just wait until I try to make you some socks.”

***

We flew on Beor to the Temple of Ascension. According to Sharian this place was located centrally between the Viangi and Twuilhe capital cities.

As we climbed down off Beor’s neck, I noted many similarities to the place where I went to be bound to my animal companion. The circular temple platform was built on massive stones and at the edges of the circle twenty-one white pillars arched gracefully into the sky. The temple itself was positioned at the top of a hill and while jungle surrounded the place, two clearly visible roads headed north and south where I would assume they would lead to the capital cities.

“It’s quiet here.”

Sharian was visibly upset and this confused me.

“On any other ascension, people would have flocked here. There would be hundreds of Viangi and Twuilhe. Some would be here for weeks in advance making sure the temple was prepared. I’m sorry, Aila. You deserve better.”

I pulled Sharian close. “It is what it is and if I’m honest, I’m not sure I would be comfortable with hundreds of people anyways.”

“At least some Twuilhe and Viangi should have come to represent the factions.”

“Your ascension will be witnessed by many, Aila.”

Bushes began parting and creatures of all kinds slipped from the jungle to pause at the edges of the temple. Sharian spun around, his eyes wide.

“These are light and dark magic animals. Are you causing this, Aila?”

“They came to be witness to your ascension, to honor the High Priestess.”

“Beor says they have come to witness my ascension.”

I could sense I still had time before the ascension and I felt at peace even though some of the creatures looked quite fierce. Soon dragons began to arrive. Twenty-one of them. They each took a position atop the pillars. I worked my way to the center to get a better feel of the magnitude of what I was seeing.

“I’ve never heard of anything like this happening before, Aila.”

Two people arrived from the north road. I recognized them as Twila and Lucassian. Lucassian smiled and hugged Sharian. “It’s good to see you both well, my friend.” He looked around at the animals and dragons. “Did we miss something?”

“I’m glad the Twuilhe finally came to their senses. Where are the rest?”

“Master Saurel gave orders to the people not to attend. Twila and I decided to disobey. Our short time with High Priestess Aila was enough for us to believe she is worthy.”

“All that’s missing now are representatives of the Viangi.”

“That would be us.”

I spun around to see Syette and Tayodh coming up from the southern road.

I remembered Syette crashing into the wall after Vikold ordered me to hit her. “Syette, I’m so sorry for striking you… I wasn’t…”

“I’m not here to cause trouble, High Priestess Aila. I know you were under the blood curse of Vikold. Seeing how Vikold treated me, I took time to search for the truth and discovered I had been living under a lie. Vikold deceived me. I was wrong to lie to you about your parents, but I was only doing as instructed. How is it that you broke free from Vikold’s curse?”

“My animal companion is a dragon. I think that has much to do with my ability to fight the curse as dragon magic is different. However, it was the love of my mate, Sharian, that ultimately pulled me from the darkness.”

“I didn’t expect you to survive. I ran into Tayodh on the road here. She puts great faith in you. I ask your forgiveness for my part in what was done to you.”

“What of your allegiance to Vikold?”

“I no longer follow him, but I don’t expect you to trust me. Over time, I hope you will.”

I walked over to Syette and stared into her eyes. They were no longer dark and filled with anger, but they were moist with sadness. “I forgive you, Syette.”

I hugged Tayodh before hugging Twila and Lucassian. “I’m sorry if I’m not the High Priestess everyone was expecting.”

Sharian came to my side and glanced cautiously at Syette. “Nonsense, High Priestess Aila. You’re exactly what we need in this strange age we live. It’s time. Take your place in the center of the temple.”

I clung to Sharian another moment and kissed him before walking to the center. Everyone, including Beor, moved back to the edges of the platform. I stood alone and contemplated all that had transpired up to this point in my life. Closing my eyes, I saw the face of my Earthly mom.

“You’re destined for great things, but true greatness comes from humility.”

I dropped to my knees as I felt the first tears fall from my cheeks.

“What is she doing?” I could hear Syette, but I was too focused on what I was seeing with my eyes closed.

My Earthly dad appeared to me next. “Leadership is not using your power to influence, but in knowing that while you have power you choose to lead by example.”

My biological father then appeared. “Unity is not the absence of disagreement but in the willingness to listen to opposing viewpoints.”

My mother was the last to appear to me. “My darling, Aila. Don’t worry that you won’t live up to other’s expectations, for the worlds have chosen you to lead them. While you may doubt yourself, know you’re everything that is needed. I believe in you, my cherished daughter.”

As the words of my biological and Earthly parents sunk in, a new confidence rose up within me. I knew I didn’t have to be anything other than myself. A woman. A wife. A friend. My contentment came from within and not from what others thought of me.

I stood to my feet and opened my eyes. I focused on Sharian and smiled as the necklace and ring began to glow. I didn’t even have to think about what I wanted to do, but I rose up from the temple floor to hover a few feet above the ground. Rays of light, one from each of the twenty-one pillars poured into me. When the light stopped, I lowered myself back to the ground to see everyone fall to their knees before me.

I rushed over to them. “No! Please, no!” I pulled them up one by one. “I’m not to be worshipped or bowed down to.”

When they were all standing, I fell to my knees before them. “This is the way it should be. I’m a servant of the people.”

Sharian and Syette both reached for me at the same time and pulled me to my feet.

Syette took my hand in hers and pulled the back of it to her forehead. “Had I not seen this for myself, I would have never believed it; that our High Priestess would kneel at our feet is beyond my comprehension. For clearly, you have more power than any High priestess before you and could easily be rid of us all. I promise my faithfulness and loyalty to you, High Priestess Aila.”

Syette took a step back and Sharian cupped my face with his hands and kissed me. His kiss made me flush with warmth.

“You are, indeed, the High Priestess of the worlds. I’m honored to call you my wife.”

“No more honored than I am to call you my husband.”

Lucassian nudged Sharian. “I knew we missed something! Master Saurel should have been here. They all should have been here. I think they were still in shock over a dragon busting through the roof.”

Tayodh stepped forward and curtsied. “I would be honored to be your aid, High Priestess Aila.”

I smiled and hugged Tayodh. “Thank you, but I might have something better in store for you.”

“What could be better than serving the High Priestess?”

“When the right time comes, Tayodh, you will know.”

Twila stepped forward. “Then perhaps you would wish that I serve you?”

“For now, for all of you, excluding Sharian who is my beloved husband, I would only ask for your friendship as long as I’m deserving of it. And please, call me Aila.”

Each one stepped up to me and took my hand. “It would be an honor to call you friend, Aila.”

I would never forget as one by one the creatures of Amaru Meru tipped their heads and slipped back into the jungle. The dragons flew up and made their way back towards the Valley of the Chosen. I had a deep sense of joy as I looked over each of my newfound friends. I watched with a smile on my face as Lucassian wrestled with Sharian playfully. Beor’s massive head came over my shoulder and I reached to stroke his scaled cheek. I was enjoying this moment.

Sharian turned my way and his eyes went from happiness to concern as they shifted their focus to my necklace. I glanced down to see one of the beads glowing and my ring was as well. I could sense what was happening.

“The gateway to Earth just opened.”

***

End of Part 6

Thank you for taking the time to read this section of my story. Normally, I write complete stories, but I was lured by the January Reader Retention Contest to write a complete story as a series. The contest counts the kudos and reads, so if you liked this part, please offer a kudos.

This story is a complete novel made up of eight parts. I plan to post one part every two days so watch for part 7 coming January 13th.

As always, I love to hear from you. Please leave a comment or send me a message.

Casey Brooke

up
252 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gate to earth

Did vikold make a copy of the necklace or figure out how to open the gate so he can go conquer earth. So Beor shortened his life by bonding with her, how much was that, unless natural death doesn’t apply to his life expectancy.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Vikold on Earth

My5InchFMHeels's picture

I think it's more likely that the gate opened during the ceremony when it got to earth's pillar. He may know he's lost his followers so he was waiting when the ceremony was supposed to start so he could flee. Though how he knew she was alive for the ceremony to commence is a mystery.

I would guess

That the gates activating was a part of the ceremony, and he figures that if the ceremony took place, then he knows that she must have found a way to survive.

Edit: I actually think, now that I’ve had some time, that the necklace and ring are like an enabler, but the activator is at the respective gate.

I'd be concerned

That Vikold had managed to bring back people with modern weapons from Earth, rather than that he had set out to conquer it at this point.

Earthly Visit?

My5InchFMHeels's picture

I wouldn't want to be Vikold if he is playing around at the only place Aila really knows.

Uh Oh that can't be good

A great chapter in a great story. Lots of feel good with a brooding presence of forboding.
What is Vikold up to? I can see that Aila will need to use her power to destroy him and his supporters.
Its good to see that Syette has been misled and is not all bad. Of course its Casey's story maybe Syette is just masquerading as a friend and we will find out in the next two chapters.

Will

Syette

Since Aila looked into her eyes, I really doubt if Syette is deceiving her. I doubt if she can. Of all of the magical powers that the priestess might be given, an effective lie detector would be one of the most important.

Great Tale

BarbieLee's picture

Casey as always is spinning a very captivating tale in the style uniquely hers. Believe it or not every writer has their own unique way of writing just as much individual from the masses as their own features are. Casey has been honing that unique gift of hers from her very first story. Entertaining, believable as an escapism, tightly knit, and pulls us readers emotionally into the story with all the actors and actresses.
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

saved by love

fantastic!

DogSig.png

Wow

She got exposed to a whole lot of Viangi and Twuilhe magic. The gate opening before it’s supposed to makes me suspect scheming. I’m glad she managed to get balanced out and survive Vikold’s attack.

‹ Doorway to Amaru Meru

Casey,
Every time I read one of your stories I think this is the best one yet. There is no doubt that doorway is it again one of your best works. You are awesome (and a great writer to boot).
Thanks for sharing your stories.

Willow

Just plain enjoyable. Waiting

Just plain enjoyable. Waiting eagerly for the next chapter.

Now for the hard part

Beoca's picture

As a servant to the people, now all that Aila has to do is just deal with both Vikold and Saurel. They aren't ready for what is going to hit them. Not sure even Aila's ready for what will come, though.

My guess last chapter

I was half right. I saw what was coming in that Vikold would fail (just like everyone), but my hope to how was sadly not correct :(. I was hoping that Vikold would go chomp and then the fire of Aila/Beor's dragon magic would make either him have some really bad dental problems (dancing around yelling hot) or she would be able to just burn through his pesky attempt at killing her (wasn't sure what he was doing chomping on her neck) and then throw his goons and him around before exiting stage left with Beor while taking the necklace but leaving Vikold alive with time to prepare and try to stop her later with reinforcements and then have magic battles before winning the hearts of the people with her power, humility, and goodness. And finally happily ever after, marries Sharian and rebalances magic. Anyway, next prediction: Aila versus Vikold on earth won't be even close, all due to Aila using technology or ingenuity in some way from her time spent on Earth and specifically no or very nearly no magic even while he uses his. Anyway best of luck in story contest and I look forward to more in two days.

Oh, what now?

Monique S's picture

I thought she'd put some order into her new world first.

Wonderful story as I said before.
Monique

Monique S

I was wondering..

Aine Sabine's picture

What would go wrong! There is no one on Earth for Aila to go back for. Well maybe closure with Samantha, but besides that.
Good chapter! On to the next!

Wil

Aine

Nutcracker was love

Jamie Lee's picture

Vikold should have know about the weakness of his control when it's up against true love, backed by dragon magic. And he should know his butt is really in a sling for his crimes against his people. To bad a chunk of temple couldn't have turned him into paste.

It's rather strange that out of thousands of people only five witnessed the accension, along with a lot of animals. Seems the animals know something the people refuse to acknowledge. And whether the two factions like it or not, Aila has become their High Priestess.

Others have feelings too.