Sad Smiles Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 3

Finding the right clothes for Drew was surprisingly difficult. I don't know whether it was because subconsciously I thought of him as a girl and my conversation with Sarah may have put similar thoughts in her head. Anyway, finding items that we all agreed on was an infrequent occurrence. It didn't help that he was not particularly forceful with his opinions and wanted to be lead by a female committee of fashionistas who couldn't make up their minds.

On the downside that meant he didn't have a lot of clothes and would have to frequently use the laundry service provided, at a cost, by the tour company. On the upside, it would give us an excuse to take him shopping again.

We couldn't waste any more time though as we needed to get driving. The next stop on the tour was Wichita which was over a thousand miles away so we had two days to get there. We had organised a stop in Santa Fe which was still quite a drive from Phoenix. We swapped drivers every couple of hours or when one of us was getting tired. Drew offered to take a turn, but his licence was in his missing backpack so we didn't want to risk it or change the insurance.

The person who was next due to drive usually rested and the other two stayed with the driver or rested as well. Drew tried to stay with us, but we had the radio on and a song by Pink called Family Portrait came on and it triggered Drew's emotions, so he retreated to cry in bed and since I wasn't driving at the time I joined him to give him a cuddle.

I had only known Drew for a couple of days and yet I already cared for him. I felt frustrated that there was nothing I could do to make him feel better. I hope the cuddles and touches that we all gave him helped a little bit, but it felt so tiny compared to the size of his heartache. I wondered if it would be healthy if we could get him to talk about it, but I think he needed a bit of time first. At the moment anything that reminded him of his loss brought on a crying fit where he was in no condition to talk about anything.

By the time we arrived, it was really late and we were all tired. There was also a slight air of anticipation as Sarah and Ellie hadn't seen Drew's transformation yet. I had them both sit in the front while Drew first shaved his face and then I prepared him for the night. I helped him get tucked away and glued down and applied the wig we had bought.

He hadn't gone into the lingerie shop with us when we had bought his nighties so its sexiness was a complete surprise to him. I don't know exactly why we only bought sexy nightwear for Drew, but I knew that I could get him to wear it. He held it up in his hands and looked at me with a question mark in his eyes.

I looked at him with authority, knowing that he was going to do what I wanted and getting a thrill from dominating him. “I chose the most feminine items I could. Don't forget what we are trying to achieve here,” I informed him.

He paused, thinking about it, then shrugged his shoulder and let me help him slip on a baby doll nightie. That's when I realised that we had forgotten that he would need female underwear at night. He tried putting his boxers on but it looked ridiculous. Maybe I was being a bit naughty, but I told him that most women don't bother with underwear when they wear a nightie and told him to remove his underpants.

When I went to tell Sarah and Ellie that Drew had left and Gabi had joined us for the night, I told them about the lack of panties and that I had told innocent Gabi that you don't normally wear panties to bed when you have a nightie. They both giggled and we made a pact to do the same.

Drew is a relatively gender-neutral name and could refer to a girl, but I wanted Sarah to get the idea that there were no men in the RV so tried to phrase it that way. It was a spur of the moment decision, so Drew had no contribution to his new name and the dominant part of my personality smiled internally, liking the idea that I had named her. Almost in a possessive claiming kind of way, although I was prepared to share with the sisters of my heart.

Gabi was facing away, lying on her side when we came back in.

“Here she is, the beautiful Gabi,” I announced so that I could inform Gabi of her new name. I saw her tense in surprise, followed by a deliberate, controlled relaxation.

Sarah went into the bathroom to get changed. Ellie and I changed in the bedroom. Gabi was facing away and never peeked, but I had seen the whole of her and didn't feel self-conscious anymore. I think Ellie wanted Gabi to turn and look since she paused when completely naked, pretending to take her time choosing her nightwear. If I get Gabi alone sometime tomorrow I will suggest that she observe us getting changed when she is in her Gabi form. It would give Ellie a thrill and for some reason, the idea appealed to me as well. I'm not usually such an exhibitionist, but Gabi was pressing some of my kinky buttons. It would also show her that both of us were wearing nighties with no panties.

Sarah came out of the bathroom and got in behind Gabi and snuggled up. I joined the pile while Ellie stood for a few moments to admire the view before moving off to the single bed. This night was a complete contrast to the previous one. Maybe it was because we were all tired, Gabi from expressing her emotions and the rest of us from driving. So I didn't want to presume that we had solved the issue, but it certainly looked hopeful. Sarah showed no sign of tension and Gabi didn't wake up in the night. Or at least, if she did, she didn't wake me.

We were all quite cheery in the morning with the belief that this could really work. Gabi went straight to the bathroom in the morning and came out as Drew. I couldn't help feeling some disappointment although I tried not to show it on my face.

After breakfast we headed off to Wichita as quickly as possible, eager to get the long drive out of the way. During the journey, I managed to get everyone to do the gender questionnaire. I announced the score, telling Drew that it was a measure of how good a lover he was going to be, which from a lesbian point of view was at least somewhat truthful.

As expected we all showed as being female. Ellie was the most female followed by Drew then me and Sarah was the least female. I had managed to tell Ellie of my suspicions regarding Drew during our argumentative shopping trip and I don't think either Ellie or Sarah were surprised by that result. I think most of us go through life with blinkers on and when someone removes them your thoughts have a different context to see the world. Once I had put the idea in their heads, everything they saw about Drew was put through the 'is he a she' filter. I also saw them testing him a few times.

Although legally none of us are of an age to consume alcohol, that never stopped Sarah and she has a fake id that she uses to get supplies. She also looks old enough, which helps. She offered to get some beer for Drew. I know lots of women like beer, but the stereotype is against that image. Drew told her he didn't like the taste. I smiled during the conversation knowing what she was doing.

Ellie quizzed him on sporting activity and found that he was not interested in either playing or watching any sport. He knew about them and could talk about the most popular English sports, but there was no interest and the topic clearly didn't interest him.

After my epiphany about Drew's gender, I had been doing some research when I felt I could. Mainly times when I thought Drew would not be able to look over my shoulder. Everything about Drew's behaviour was confirming the idea that he was transgender and I now was pretty sure that I had convinced Ellie and Sarah about my conclusions.

The next question was, do we say anything to Drew. Do we say nothing but encourage some subtle or, considering that I had already convinced him to wear a vagina and breasts each night, some not so subtle feminisation. I didn't want to hurt him and he had enough emotional issues to deal with at the moment, that I didn't want to add to his load. On the other hand, would he be more stable and better off facing this truth? Plus we only had three and a bit more weeks with him before he was potentially out of our lives forever. I hated that thought. He wouldn't be over his grief in that time and if he left us he would have no one, and I think he was going to have to return if only to sort out all the legal issues.

Whether to speak to Drew about his gender issues was too big a decision to make on my own. I was looking forward to going to the concert because there would be moments when it would just be the three of us and we could decide what we should do, without Drew knowing.

up
188 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It’s clear that

It’s clear that the girls care about Drew/Gabi (that made me smirk by the way), but hopefully, for Drew/Gabi, they don’t end up crossing some rather important lines.

Gabi

It might help it might hurt Gabi but what about that jerk in the band.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Who was the most comfortable?

Jamie Lee's picture

After getting Drew's attachments in place, and they all went to bed, was it the attachments and nightie or sleeping close that let Drew have a peaceful night? They sleep close the night before and Drew had still been upset. So it may have been the attachments and nightie that calmed Drew.

Right now all the girls know is that Drew lost all of his belongings and his family is dead. They have yet to ask about his life before coming to the US. Perhaps he sleeps well wearing the attachments and nightie because he's done something like that at home? Or at least with the clothing?

Others have feelings too.

I belive Drew

thinks of himself as straight, It could be his/her universe is going to grow a bit.