Never Wanted To Be A Girl Chp.4

Printer-friendly version

Carol couldn’t believe she was given an important lawsuit to handle. She had been asked by one of the partners to take the lead on the case involving the abuse of inmates from the Rockingham Correctional Center. One of the inmates that had been incarcerated there had been killed.

When the family of the inmate went to identify his body. There had been several tattoos on him that identify him as being the property of several different inmates. There were changes that had been done to his body as well. They discovered he had undergone some physical changes that gave him a female figure and breast development.

When the family’s own doctor examined the body. He noted he had severe tearing in his anal lining. The cause of his death had come from internal bleeding that originated in his bowels. Something had penetrated him hard and caused internal bleeding.

When Carol started digging more into the case. She found that several inmates in the past had either died from the same abuse or undergone the same physical changes like the one that had died. She had their in-house investigator check into the status of the guards and prison doctor.

While her investigator was working on that. She comes across a file of a prisoner that had been released on parole who had gone there. The name on the file was Raven Mondragon, he had recently turned twenty-two years old and was released five months ago on parole.

Raven had been in the same prison as Jason Kingsman

According to the file she had. His current parole officer was Antwan Conner, and Raven’s current job was at an auto repair shop called Union 44 Auto Repair, Highlands, North Carolina.

Carol figures she should give his parole officer a call and find out more about Mr. Mondragon. She dials Mr. Conner’s office phone.
Antwan Conner Office:

Antwan Conner was working on one of his parolee’s files when his office starts ringing. He puts his pen down and answers the phone.

“Hello, parole officer Antwan Conner, what can I do for you?”

“Hi Mr. Conner, my name is Carol Higgins and I’m with the law firm Wolfhart, Harris, and Jackal. I was wondering if I could speak to you about a parolee under your supervision.” Carol hopes he would.

“What is this about, Mrs. Higgins? And who is it you would like to talk about?” Antwan was curious about who this person could be.”

“The parolee I would like to talk too is Raven Mondragon. It’s about a case I am working on. Mr. Mondragon had been incarcerated at the same prison as the person I am trying to get justice for.” Mrs. Higgins hopes Mr. Conner will cooperate with her.

“What would you like to know about Ms. Mondragon?” Antwan couldn't bring himself to calling Raven a mister.

Raven looked too feminine to be mistaken as a male. He felt sorry for the poor kid, conserving what she’s been through.

“What would you like to know Ms. Mondragon?” Antwan hopes he could be helpful to her.

“Well, for one. Why do you call Mr. Mondragon a Miss?” Carol had her pen ready.

“Have you seen Raven Mondragon, Mrs. Higgins?”

“No, I haven’t met with Mr. Mondragon.” Carol was wondering why he looked like.

The police picture she had of Mr. Mondragon showed how young he looked when he was arrested. Which she still couldn’t get over the fact that he had been charged with grand thief auto. The judge that preceded over the case, she recognized. It was Judge Anthony Stone and he was known to throw the book at the accused and give the maximum judgment he could.

“I think you should meet with Ms. Mondragon and see for yourself. Does this have anything to do with what was done to her while in prison?” Antwan wonders if Mrs. Higgins knew.

“What do you mean, Mr. Conner?” This got Carol’s curiosity.

“I mean you should meet with Ms. Mondragon and let her explain everything. She can tell you what she endured while she was in prison and
what she endured when she got out as well. My predecessor took certain sexual liberties with her and monetary liberties with all his parolees.” When Antwan found out about what his predecessor was doing to his parolee’s, it sickened him.

Carol writes down the information Antwan just gave her. She couldn’t believe that a parole officer would take sexual liberties with a male.

“Do you have a phone number for Mr. Mondragon?” Carol wasn’t about to use female pronouns for Raven Mondragon till she has had a chance to talk with him.

“Here’s her work number and her cell phone number.” As he gives her the numbers for Raven Mondragon.

“Thank you, Mr. Conner.” Carol couldn’t wait to meet up with Raven Mondragon.

“I would call and set up a time to talk with Ms. Mondragon. The shop she works at stays busy.” Antwan knows because he stopped by there one day to see how Raven was doing.

“I’ll do that. Thanks again, Mr. Connors.”

“Any time. Call me if you need anything else.” Antwan hopes this lawyer could help Raven.

“I will and thank you.” Carol ends the phone call.

She sends a text to her investigator to get as much information on Raven Mondragon’s former parole officer. Once she sends the text, she does some more digging into Raven Mondragon to learn why he had been sent to jail over a simple car.

Union 44 Auto Repair, Highlands, North Carolina:

“Hey Ox, can you give me a hand with this rear axle, please?” Raven looks over towards Ox.

He was a big muscular, bald-headed guy that started two weeks before she did. He told everyone to call him Ox after the John Candy character from Stripes. That movie was his favorite movie.

“Sure thing, Raven.” He walks over to help her with a new rear axle she was installing for a client.

Ox picks the axle up like it weights nothing and holds it as Raven secures it. Once it was secure, he lets go so she could finish the job.

“Thanks, Ox.” Raven still haven’t been able to rebuild her muscle mass back up.

She was still taking estrogen-like her doctor suggested. He had her on a moderate dosage, but she couldn’t get the muscle mass she lost while in prison. Her leg muscles were strong, but her upper body wasn’t.

“Anytime, Raven. Call if you need anything else.” Ox smiles at her as he walks back to the car he was working on.

Raven finishes installing the new axle and reattaching the brake lines, shocks, and brakes. By the time she was done with putting the new custom driveshaft on. The car was ready for a test drive. She lowers the car back down to the floor and swings the lift arms away.

“Hey Jordan, the car is ready for a test drive.” Raven looks over towards her boss.

“Alright, raven. I’ll take it out in a minute.” Jordan was signing for some parts the shop ordered.

Raven clean her tools she used and put them away. The tool chest she had was the one Jordan gave her when she first started. She did add
to it when they auctioned off the contents of her former boss garage. She bought the tools and tool chest she used to use.

The rest of the afternoon, she does a few oil changes and does a few inspections. Jordan managed to get her an inspector’s license, so they could inspect cars. They always got back-upped, because the shop only had one inspector.

When closing time arrives, Raven cleans the garage up and restock the fluids. Next, to Jordan, she is always the last to leave. This way she has the locker room to herself.

Once the garage is cleaned and restocked. Raven heads up to the front office.

“Jordan, the garage is secured and restocked. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Alright, Raven.” Jordan watches as Raven walks out of the garage and over to the pick-up he sold her.

up
345 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The lawyer will be

Samantha Heart's picture

Very suprised when when she meets Raven and find out what happened to her in prision a judge my go down as well as several guards & the prision Dr. I hope SOMETHING can be done to help her & maybe get her record expunged.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

I was

Thinking along the same lines, though judges in the USA have quite a bit of immunity unless wrong doing can be proved, even then they are pretty insulated.

Escalation may be needed

Escalation may be needed to the federal level to properly handle it.

Agreed

Judges in the U.S. are pretty well insulated from the effects their rulings have. Unless they can be proved to have committed criminal acts about the only thing that can be done is to make a complaint to the state bar association. Unfortunately being a hardass is not a criminal act nor something likely to trigger an investigation. In Raven's case the DA and her court-appointed defense lawyer would be the place to start investigating. A hard look at the police officers that arrested him would also be a good idea.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Wheels beginning to turn

Jamie Lee's picture

The case Carol has been given is going to turn out a lot bigger than she or the firm once thought. By helping that one family, that firm is going to crack a bigger nut which will expose a lot of slugs who'd like to stay hidden.

Others have feelings too.

Been a while

Daphne Xu's picture

It's been a while since I read part three. Carol here is a lawyer, and probably unrelated to the waitress Carol in part one. I hope that Carol can get justice for her firm's client and for Raven.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.