The Visit - Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

The visit.jpg
Chapter 9
Robert was spent despite contributing very little to the afternoons exertion and he lay back to try to recover. He knew he had an obligation to return the favour but fortunately Adele was not expecting him to perform immediately and she was contemplating maintaining the initiative and helping Robert to refine his technique.

They both lay back with Robert closing his eyes thinking he may sleep a while but whilst he was in a stupor Adele decided to politely raise the matter of the rather attractive lady who she’d seen in the hallway at his Aunt’s house.

That shocked Robert into consciousness and he quickly sobered as well. At least sufficiently to realise he had to be honest and truthful rather than tell a lie. His mind was racing and he was fortunate that Adele was being patient and could almost see his mind racing. He started to speak and then stopped and stuttered again admitting to Adele that it was him. He didn’t expand on it because he was nervous and he felt ashamed.

He peeped out a corner of his eye and expected Adele to throw back the sheets and jump from the bed but there was no movement. He opened both eyes and was greeted with a smile with no evidence of anger or even disbelief. Adele merely stated that she was glad to hear that since she’d have been concerned and deeply worried if it the lady was competition to her. Robert wanted to speak but words wouldn’t come from his mouth. He knew what he wanted to say and what he’d have liked to say but all this did was cause a jumbled reply.

Adele calmed him with a kiss and put her arm around him admitting that she’d absorbed all this lady’s features and assets and concluded it was either a sister of Robert or Robert himself. Since he had no sister that meant one thing to confirm and once in the carriage she had absolutely no doubt. Robert was searching for a reason to jump out of bed and run away but he decided to come clean. His explanation started and he tried to imply he’d dressed as Roberta to please his Aunt and that he’d had no intention of deceiving her. She saw him as her niece not as her nephew and as Roberta he was made very welcome and found it easy to communicate with her. Then he admitted that Polly had been convinced he was female dressed in male garb and that he was his Aunts niece in disguise. Robert just went along with the ruse because it seemed natural and both Aunt Roberta and Polly accepted him and talked to him in an open way. He could never have anticipated learning so much in such a short time and he’d found that his Aunt had been deeply in love and he believed the pictures were of her and her suitor.

Then a tear rolled down Robert’s cheek and Adele calmed him and didn’t press for him to continue. She said they could talk later but Robert said he was puzzled and needed to try to gather more information from his Aunt. Her suitor had been killed, supposedly in an accident, that seemed to have been covered up because he was from a wealthy family trying to avoid a scandal. Added to that the family had prevented this dashing young man from marrying Aunt Roberta and had insisted he marry a lady of their choosing who were also a successful business family in Bristol that would have mutual benefit. It seemed that this man had looked after Aunt Roberta and started a business that he funded and shared with her. Robert hoped that Aunt Roberta might expand further over dinner that evening but if he presented as Robert he doubted she would speak freely.

Adele was immediately interested and insisted that Robert carry on the masquerade and at the same time she was excited by the chance to see Robert dressed in his finery and she had an idea to suggest.

They settled down under the sheets and Robert felt relieved and completely relaxed so they cuddled and kissed a while. Sure enough something stirred beneath the sheets that was either the effect of the oysters or the great relief for Robert that Adele was encouraging him to dress as Roberta and present to her. It did excite him and it didn’t take long before the two of them connected and this time it was Robert who expended most of the energy until Adele twisted her way to the top and finished him off.

Robert was done and needed a sleep whereas Adele was piecing together what she’d learned and wondering about Aunt Roberta and her connection with this man. He must have been well known in London and maybe he’d been a member of the Club.

Eventually Adele decided to wake Robert from his deep sleep and announced it was time to leave. She had a plan that she explained to Robert and after a while he agreed. It didn’t take long to consider Adele’s idea that was to return to Tavistock Place and arrange for Adele to join young Miss Roberta and Aunt Roberta at dinner to widen the scope of the conversation and present Adele as Arthur who was part owner of the Gentleman’s Club and gentleman friend of Miss Roberta.

Robert knew that the introduction of a successful man would please Aunt Roberta.

They both freshened up and dressed hardly keeping their hands off each other and giggled at the way things were working out with both of them free to express themselves as opposite genders having enjoyed a successful visit to the Club for both of them. Adele was proud of herself and of her performance in more ways than one. Robert on the other hand was falling in love and wondered if they might carry on the disguises for a while at least. He had lost his virginity at long last even if this was in an unconventional way.

Adele settled her account and arranged a carriage and they were soon arriving back at Tavistock Square where they decided to enter the library to look through some of the literature searching for more information and also to look again at more paintings.

Robert confirmed the additional visitor for dinner that Polly checked with Aunt Roberta then Adele opted to return to her apartments to change to a more suitable attire for dinner and had just the outfit to catch the eye of Miss Roberta who would need to bathe and select something special to wear for the evening.

Polly rushed around and was excited to organise an adjustment to the menu with the cook and insisted that her daughter helped out waiting table for the evening.

Robert sunk into the warm bath and Polly attended to him chattering away trying to establish if young Mr Arthur was to be a regular visitor. She didn’t need an answer so she knew Aunt Roberta would be very happy.

Robert attempted to gather a little more information about Roberta from Polly with a little success. There was much more to come during the evening.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This is turning out...

Mantori's picture

... to be an interesting ride.

Thank you for being a really skilled 'driver'...

"Life in general is a fuck up,
but it is the rare moments of beauty and peace
in between the chaos,
That makes it worth living."
- Tertia Hill

Thanks for the kind comment

I've come back to this story to finish it. I'm trying not to rush it but sometimes its tempting to fast track and restrict the number of chapters. Hugs

Jules

Thanks for the kind comment

I took my time to get this far because I had a lot of distraction but I want to try to rekindle some interest in my stories so I won't rush it. I am focused on maintaining the story line as I first intended and did scrap the draft chapters. Sometimes I just need inspiration or a little push and to avoid distraction. Regular hits and comments always help writers as we see on this site. Hugs

Jules

Wonderful Story

Christina H's picture

I have just 'discovered' this wonderful story and have had a mass reading session to get the whole story.

It's really well written and a great storyline I simply cannot wait for more of this tender story.

Christina

Thanks Christina

Your comments are very kind and I had to stop writing for a while but I know where the story is going and I'm hopeful that there will be a few chapters yet with frequent posting. Then I'll tidy up some other stories that need completion. The venues in this story are places similar to ones where I've worked and visited but I wasn't quite so fortunate as Robert has been so far. But I did have a nice time imagining what might have gone on. Hugs

Jules