Faerie Justice, Erin Grows - Book 2: 1 - Turning a New Page

Printer-friendly version


Faerie Justice, Erin Grows Book 2
Turning a New Page



By Jessica C



Erin’s Growth Story is a continuation from Faerie Justice and the Snowball Thrower
Aaron’s probably becoming Erin forever…
Faerie Justice for Erin will be a blessing…
Faeries and Beings share the same world…
…but are very different
=^_^=


My Mom, Dad, and Josie were all surprised when I came home all bubbly and glad to see them. My Dad just thought it was a change from the Erin he saw yesterday and this morning. Mom and Josie thought I would have been kept longer by Princess Ayala. I told them for Dad’s sake that Marpe met some friends she is staying longer with.

My call to Heather was met with mixed emotions. She said, “You need to warn me when you’re gone. I thought you were shunning me; maybe even stopping our friendship. I do have good news for you though. Jeff waited to ask you a question after school on Friday, but he didn’t see you. I am pretty sure he wants to ask you to the prom in two weeks.”

“Two weeks, what was he thinking? I thought he must have asked someone else. What girl can find a good prom dress and make all the arrangements in two weeks,” I rhetorically asked?”

I said to Heather, “I’m surprised, you’re not upset he’s asking me. I think it’s only fair you know that I think he’s special too.”

Heather said, “I hope that doesn’t mean you’re not going. Scott Harden already asked me three weeks ago. That was before I told you how much I really liked you. Truth is, I’m not sure of who I am and I don’t want to come out until I do.

“If you go, I can help you look for a gown and I’m sure I can get you into my salon with me. In some ways being girlfriends is more fun. We can have fun paling around or take time for just the two of us if we want.”

“I haven’t been asked and I’d have to ask my parents’ permission before we can make plans. Being friends, I don’t have to ask about it. Though I am sure my mother knows I’m attracted to you as well.”

Heather looked at me strangely, then she mentioned. “It’s nice that you’re getting passed being shy. But you didn’t worry about your parents before, what gives?”

“I want to become a nurse or doctor, so I thought I’d need my folks to help. I hurt someone and got grounded a while back. Someone has helped me see things differently. I’m not sure but it may be that difference that has us each seeing the other with new eyes.”

I could tell by Heather’s reaction that it somehow held some truth for us.

=^_^=


My Mother called to us, “Why don’t you girls go out shopping or something? Have either of you talked to Micayla lately?”

Heather said, “That sounds good Mrs. TeraNova, what would you say if our boyfriends wanted to take us out tonight.”

My mother said, “Do you think you can talk them into that Heather?” My mom giggle.

“Yes, but I already think you know a woman can make them think it’s their idea.”

Mom says, “Erin, I have forty dollars here for you two. That means some goes to Heather, now get out of here.” I grabbed my purse which had at least twenty dollars in it. Heather told me to put on another skirt to impress others.

Heather turns to me, “We're going to stop at Jeff’s but I’ll make it look like I’m stopping to talk to my Aunt Donna. She’ll know what I’m doing and she won’t tell her son. Susanne has a skirt I’ve been meaning to borrow. My Aunt knows I can wear it.”

=^_^=


I was getting a quick education on a girl’s passive-aggressive style of doing things. Heather said it was misdirection. Jeff had just gotten home and came out of his room. "Erin, you stay out here while I look for Suzanne’s skirt and change into it. …Cousin, do you think you can do me a favor and keep her company?”

Jeff said sure but Heather was already gone. It took three minutes of silence and polite hellos before Jeff said he missed me yesterday. “I hope it’s not too late, but I was wondering if you’d be willing to go to the Prom with me. Yesterday was the last day I could get the early rate for two tickets. I bought them hoping you would go with me.”

I got up and walked two steps away before I turned around. “You know Jeffery Law, a girl needs more time than you’re giving me? I wanted to go with you, but it’s been frustrating waiting for you to ask. I hope you’re not going to take me and then go walking off with your basketball friends.”

“Heather and I are going window shopping. It would be good if you and Scott decided something so we didn’t have to sit home tonight.”

Heather comes back out, sporting a pretty skirt, but it looks new nothing that Susan might discard. Heather said, “Aunt Donna said, they bought this for me.”

I said, “I remember. I tried to find one in a petite size. It is really attractive on you, I’m jealous.” I told her, “Jeff asked me to the Prom.”

Heather said, “The way he’s looking, I gather you are teasing him and haven’t answered yes. It serves him right, but we need to go.”

I stepped over to Jeff got on my tiptoes to give him a kiss, “Yes, you know I wanted only to go with you.”

Jeff lifted me up, whispered in my ears. “I got jealous a while back when you went off the school property for lunch with someone else. I was afraid you changed.” I had tears in my eyes and he knew I was sorry.

He said, “One of the cheerleaders told me, I should wait and be careful.”

I said, “Next time, you should talk to me and not Candace unless you want to take her out.” Jeff was surprised that I guessed it was Candy. I kept quiet and let him wonder how I knew.

I called my mother and told her about the Prom invitation and asked permission to look at prom dresses.

“Erin, please just look, I will go with you to look after Church. Your big sister will be finished her semester and home from college, please wait.”

"I know mom, I’ve just become a girl, but my ego is bent out of shape as I’ve always been in Ann’s shadow. She and Susan had been close friends and that was why I knew Jeff so well. I was also angry because Ann had gone away to college.”

Heather was taking me up on the highway to Women’s Special Days, where she bought her gown which was being altered. Heather said, “You know your little growth spurt is going to make a nice difference in your selection.”

“I don’t like you teasing me Heather; you know I’m sensitive about being small.”

“No, I’m serious. What are you now a good five three and a half?”

We might have argued right there, but my sister Ann was calling on my phone. I answered quite sharply, “Sis, what do you want?” I quickly apologiozed. “I’m sorry, let me take a deep breath.” I did and counted up to five.

Ann said, “Is it safe now? I just wanted to call and say you don’t have to wait for me. I know how it feels to choose your own dress. I don’t have your slender figure, so I’m not sure what help I could be.” She said, “If you’re still looking and don’t mind my coming tomorrow. I’d be happy to go looking with you.”

Heather speaks so Ann can hear. “Please tell your sister that her growth spurt will increase her selection to choose from?”

Ann said, “I haven’t seen her since Thanksgiving. She was still under five two then. Mom said she’s filled out a little and is probably at least five three now. So yes, I guess she’ll have more choices. Jeff waiting so long to ask her. I can understand her worry, about the selection being down, but there are so few who can wear her size. I think she’ll find some nice gowns still to choose from.”

We were in the store and as I walked past a mirror. I felt so faerie dust land on me and looked up to catch a glimpse of Jeni leaving. “Yes, Ayala, thank you.”

=^_^=


Heather found her saleslady and asked about her gown. I asked for the area I should look in. Monica said, “Let me get Heather’s gown so she can try it on. And then I will help you.”

My body was getting excited, just being there. A salesgirl, Tammi came over to me asking,
“Can I help you until Monica gets back?”

With the faerie dust and believing Princess Ayala had once again blessed me, I was out of my funk and felt like I was actually sparkling like a faerie. Tammi asked, “How about we just go over here and I will show you several styles of prom dresses?”

We were still in sight of where I was to wait for Heather when I spotted a light pink chiffon dress. It was two sizes too big, but the salesgirl said it could be altered. She encouraged me to try it on. It was an invite in my thinking to dive in and to begin the prom dress experience.

We went back and I saw Heather down to her panties and bra as they lowered her gown over her. “Wow! Heather, you are beautiful!” I stood there frozen as they buttoned the back of her gown and she stepped into some stilettos.

I went into a changing area and while I liked the blue chiffon dress, and it was beautiful. It was not the right dress for me. It was on when I stepped out of the changing area. I saw Heather and I knew. You could tell by Heather’s smile and how the gown and she glowed together. She had found her gown. I had not.

I watched as Heather went out into the store and stood in front of the three-way mirror.

Monica asked me, “And how do you like that gown?”

“I’ll be honest, it is a pretty gown, but it is not for me.”

Monica said, “I agree, but that is a good step in finding the right one. As I said before I will help you.”

Monica must have known that I had the gown off. She knocked and asked, “Would you mind if I took your measurements while you’re down to your panty and bra?”

She took my measurements, and while still looking at me. She said, “I see you’ve outgrown your ‘A’ cup bra. You will look darling when we find the correct gown for you.”

We spent over ninety minutes looking at so many choices that I lost track of the number. I had tried on three of them. While I delighted trying on each beautiful dress, I wasn’t any closer to finding what I wanted.

There was a pink gown with a full satin skirt and white silvery lace and satin around the top. The gown intrigued me like it was calling my name. It was close to the wedding gowns so I was sure it had to be a bridesmaid dress.

Heather saw me stare at it once too often and asked if I liked it. I told her what I thought and she giggled, “I wonder if that is why no one has chosen it.” She said, “I would have tried it on, but they said they only had this one in the petite selection.”

Monica came over to us and realized which dress we were talking about. She said, “If you’d like to try on that dress I would be very pleased to help you. It’s a beautiful dress, we all thought it would be gone by now. Maybe some little faeries have been watching over it; to keep it just for you.”

I looked around and said, “No, I don’t think so (no faeries). But I would love to try it on.”

Monica had a quizzical look, wondering about my first statement. She said, “Luckily while that’s the size three and the size one is back here a ways from that one.”

I said, “But aren’t they bridesmaid dresses?”

“O my no! They’re much too expensive and are so pretty they would compete against the Bride’s gown for attention.” She found and brought the smaller gown to the changing rooms.

Monica said, “There was a 00 size as well, so I brought both of them.” Heather and she both encouraged me to try on the smaller one. Monica said I needed to take off my bra since it was not correct for this dress.

Heather said as we all helped to slip it down my body, “Remember, you don’t have your hair fixed properly nor your makeup done.” With nothing but my panty on, I probably felt every sensation possible as it rippled down over me. I only hoped I wasn’t smiling too much. The design of the dress had a slender satin shelf on which my breasts were resting.

Monica was buttoning up the back and I was watching in a full-length mirror. It was like watching something coming into full focus. It was getting more fantastic with every two buttons. I noticed there was just enough satin and lace strategically set to cover my nipples. “O my,” I sighed, kind of nervous as well as excited…

I had seen the price tag of $479.00, but I was already thinking there had to be away. Monica said, “I tried telling you it’s your lucky day. You will be the first to see it at the new price of $339.90 and we will move them further into the specialty area so people don’t make the same mistake you did.”

“Hm, that’s more affordable, but with shoes, stockings, a strapless bra and new panties; not to mention the salon, pictures, and flowers.”

Heather said, “You forgot a little clutch purse, and maybe a wrap.”

Monica said, “I think your parents will be wanting to make that happen for you once your mother sees you in the gown.”

=^_^=


My mother! I forgot and handed my smartphone to Heather, “Please take some pictures. I need to call my mother to see if she can come and see it.”

Heather brushed out my hair and then took the pictures. I couldn’t believe it was true that I found it. But I could only access Aaron’s memory and $339.00 was unbelievable to my thinking. Mom’s phone rang a third time and I was frustrated and then I heard a reply. “Ma TerraNova's answering service.” I knew it was Ann as Josie is usually nice about it.

“Ann, I need to talk to Mom! Quick get her the phone. I found the most fantastic dress!”

Ann says, “Can you give Heather the phone so we can see?”

“Ann! It’s Mom that I want and it’s her phone please get her for me.” Heather took my phone, turned it toward me.

She spoke into the phone, “So isn’t that the most beautiful dress. It’s to die for.”

We heard Ann now in the background, “Nobody’s dying over a silly dress no matter how beautiful it is.” That was Mom’s voice. She said, “Ask the lady if you can have it put aside until tomorrow after church?”

“Mom,” I said desperately, “It’s now going on sale. I’m afraid it won’t be there?”

Monica says, “We would ask for a $150 deposit to hold it. We could hold it but she says she doesn’t have enough money.” I heard the silence on the other end of the phone, and I knew mother was putting on an attitude…

Story to be continued…

Aaron, Erin TeraNova - Isy is her faerie name
Christine TeraNova – mother
Ann, Joselyn TeraNova– Sisters
Jeff Law – Aaron’s best friend; Erin’s boyfriend
Heather Young
Donna Law – his mother
Susan Law Jeff’s bigger sister and friend Debra
Princess Ayala
Marie, Jeni - Faeries
Shiloh, Jordi
Grandmother Nora
4X Great Grandmother Bear
Great Grandma’s Journal – Nature’s remedies
Steward and two goons
Henry Drew
Teddy Bruno and his friend Bob

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I REALLY feel.sorry

Samantha Heart's picture

For Erin both her older sister & mom are cocking attitudes with her over her prom dress. I wonder if her faerie mother can will help. Espically with her mother & older siser's attitude. If mom will just look at it. Shecwill see its PERFECT for her daughter, but no she has to play up to the big sister & littke sister mom dosent reall look or see Erin . She is over shadowed by the others. Poor girl.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Especially...

If said item of clothing is only going to be worn once.

Does her big sister have her old prom dress? Or, maybe she can get one used somewhere. There has to be a place where people can donate or sell their old dresses for the more thrifty to buy.

There are

There are always groups that accept donated prom dresses to be distributed to low income families. But the income of Erin's family may be too high to qualify.

Besides, if Princess Ann is the way I'm betting she is, she likely has her prom dresses, like other such items such as homecoming dresses and the like, locked up where no mere sister can touch and sully them.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin