The Visit - Chapter 16

Printer-friendly version

The visit.jpg

Chapter 16
Over their lunch Adele and Robert discussed the information provided by the solicitor, Mr Walker. Robert had not been fully focused because of his discomfort and nervousness feeling he was being closely scrutinised but Adele reassured him that this was a normal experience for women and especially since he was very pretty.

Robert blushed but at the same time he felt flattered. To him Adele made a far better man than he could hope to achieve as a woman especially since current fashion in the higher classes allowed men to be flamboyant like their womenfolk. Adele seemed to dress down to enhance her masculinity and Robert marvelled at the ease in which she seemed to switch gender.
.
Eventually Adele explained that William Hudson had held a 20% stake in the Club but that they had been in suspension for a number of years under the stewardship of Foster & Walkers with Mr Walker nominated as their representative. He had attended Annual General meetings on behalf of William Hudson’s estate with the shares bequeathed to the daughter born to Aunt Roberta out of wedlock. Williams wife and family had contested the will and tried to claim ownership. Mr Walker had the Share Ownership Certificate in his safekeeping.

It was clear now to both Adele and Robert that the family had reacted badly when they found out about the illegitimate daughter and had tried to locate her using private investigators. It seemed that this added to the pressure on Aunt Roberta who was in control of Williams shares of the businesses that Mr Walker said would have passed to the daughter on reaching the age of 21 years.

Adele felt that Mr Walker knew more about what had happened to the child and he was not prepared to discuss further without Aunt Roberta’s blessing or in attendance.

Adele told Robert that her Grandfather had insisted that the shares had been passed to another party outside Williams and that he had agreed that they were held in suspension but she hadn’t realised they were under the control of a law firm. It didn’t seem of any consequence until her fathers business came under financial pressure. Now she needed help of either the law firm or Aunt Roberta.

Together they focused more on their findings than on the lunch and Robert was no longer conscious of his appearance although Adele noticed that his mannerisms were more feminine as each day passed. Together they confirmed that Mr Arthur (Adele in name) now controlled the majority stake and there were a number of shareholders who were regular visitors to the Club. Most members were honourable and wealthy men who had accepted young Mr Arthur other than the rude and obnoxious Tancred fellow and his close band of cronies whom Adele had suspected was behind the attempts to buy her shares cheaply. A fair value was more than enough to resolve all of her family financial pressures.

Adele explained that banks had applied pressure due to problems arising from several failed creditors. The banks had been patient but a number of debtors had made threats and had employed some dubious people to apply pressure. Her father had been forced to step down as Chairman due to ill health and Adele was in the chair trying to find solutions. She had not said anything to Robert thus far and Adele had done a good job to hide her concerns.

All that Robert could suggest was to involve Aunt Roberta and seek her guidance since she appeared very wealthy as Roberts father had advised. However she was a very private person who until Roberts arrival had seemed too old and frail to be very active in business or likely to offer to help. Adele made the point that it was Roberta not Robert who had lifted her spirits so he should carry on the masquerade. Robert didn’t disagree with the advice and smiled since he knew it had it’s advantages and recalled his siesta with Adele following their celebration in the private meeting room in the Gentleman’s Club.

Adele decided to pay the bill and recommended they took their trip on the river. She needed a toilet and headed inside whilst Robert waited in the sunshine watching passers-by. Two men seemed to have been hanging around but they disappeared from sight by the time Adele returned to their table. Robert explained and Adele looked around but either Robert was mistaken or whoever it was had decided to leave. They both felt they may be over sensitive so headed back to the waiting cab.

Soon they arrived at the Pier where a small steamboat was moored that was one of several that traversed the river or offered a sightseeing trip. Mostly they were working boats delivering loads to various piers that had been established at both sides of the river and Robert was amazed at how much activity there was up and down river from the pier. Several Watermen were assisting passengers to board the steamboat that was noisy with dark smoke billowing from the short funnel much like the chimneys in the area close to his home and his fathers business.

Several ladies were lifted and carried on board by the Watermen because of their difficulty maintaining their balance in flowing skirts as they tried to walk up the narrow boarding bridge. Robert froze in his tracks and grabbed Adele’s arm since he feared the same treatment. The Watermen were in a hurry and before he knew it he was whisked off his feet much to the mirth of Adele who followed. The Waterman was much taller and stronger than both of them and he set Robert down gently next to a seat which would provide a good view for the tour.

Adele gave the Waterman a tip and he thanked her by doffing his cap. He bowed to Roberta and jumped ashore to take charge of one of the tie ropes holding the steamboat steady. Adele smiled at Roberts embarrassment and remarked how helpless he’d looked in the Watermans arms just the same as the rest of the ladies on board. Adele admitted to being jealous of the mans strength that would have stood her in good stead for dealing with Tancred and his cronies were she to get the chance.

There was a cool breeze on the river and a member of the crew offered blankets to the ladies, Robert included that he took to avoid standing out. Adele stood with one leg on the seat and her arm resting on her knee staring into Roberts eyes. She whispered that she wished they were alone again in a comfy bed since she felt an urge to feel the warmth of his body and kiss his breasts. She almost fell over as the steamboat hit a wave from a passing ship and Robert burst into laughter spoiling the moment.

It was a great experience for Robert and something that Adele had enjoyed a few times in female garb so she knew how exciting it must be for a young man from Bristol to see this wonderful city from the river. It was not long before several ladies left their seats to move up the steamboat and Adele coaxed Robert to join them whilst she made small talk with 3 gentlemen. She smiled at her own confidence and ability to carry herself so well as a man even though she was a smaller frame than most. She felt that life seemed much easier for men and hoped Robert would agree with her based on this outing together today. At least Robert had Adele to support and guide him but often as a young woman she had been alone. Her father worried about her especially when she had taken charge of the business and was dealing exclusively with men some of whom were aggressive and angry trying to get paid.

By now Robert was feeling the effects of being corseted for a few hours and whilst the corset was very tight around his waist reducing it significantly the nett effect was that it seemed to greatly enhance the size of his breasts. Maybe he was imagining things but his nipples were very sensitive and to be much firmer and bigger. He took the opportunity to touch them when the other ladies were distracted watching a large sailing ship pass by and it made him shiver a little.

At least because of Polly’s advice on his outfit his chest was not bare today so his breasts were out of sight. If he’d be in his normal male garb like the day before he’d have bound them tightly with Polly’s help but today free of any restraint his breasts seemed to be alive and they seemed to move independently when he walked with small steps that Adele had recommended.

At the moment he was feeling very confused because whilst he was dressing to appease his Aunt Roberta he found himself getting more comfortable as time passed and Adele had not thought less of him and quite the contrary in fact. He didn’t feel as uncomfortable as he often felt when trying to meet his father’s expectations when taking charge of their staff in Bristol or in dealing with customers or suppliers. He seemed attractive enough as Roberta to anticipate being complemented and spoiled. He couldn’t understand why his personality was more like Aunt Roberta’s than that of his own mother or father for that matter.

The steamboat slowed right down and several Waterboys jumped ashore to fasten the boat securely before allowing passengers to disembark. More passengers were already queuing to board and Robert found himself separated from Adele. He searched for her without success and then an elderly gentleman approached him offering to be of assistance to help ‘her’ ashore. Robert had no choice but to accept the offer and fortunately the man was courteous and offered to wait with her until her husband arrived. Robert blushed and fortunately Adele appeared before she could respond.

Adele thanked the gentleman and apologised for allowing herself to be pushed to one side as the ladies were guided forward to disembark first. Still she never lost sight of Robert and was quick to move through the crowd one on dry land.

The cab was waiting as arranged and Adele helped Robert to board before she joined him. They had plenty of time before their evening event at Drury Lane so Adele made some suggestions. In the end Robert persuaded her to drop him at Aunt Roberta’s where they could have some tea and he could freshen up and change his outfit.

‘What change into male clothes. Please we agreed.’

‘No I find this outfit is too tight around the midriff and I can hardly breathe so I want to see what other options might be available.’

‘OK that’s a relief but don’t dally please since we could ask Aunt Polly if she is prepared to attend a meeting with us with Mr Walker.’

They were back at Aunt Roberta’s by 4 pm and the clock in the square was chiming as they entered the front door. Aunt Roberta was still in the drawing room and she was delighted to see them return and she quickly organised fresh tea.

up
124 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Brewing Nicely

Christina H's picture

Both the story and the tea the steady build up of all the characters make for an excellent
story and a good read.

Christina

Keeping a promise

To finish the story and almost decided to cut it short due to a lack of interest but then I decided to respect the readers who follow it and the ones who hit the kudos button.
Thanks for your support.

Jules

Please continue

Please continue this interesting story line. I keep holding my breath waiting for the next chapter to arrive. Thank you for all your effort in developing this sweet story.

Thanks

Yes another post is due today or tomorrow to achieve my personal target. I might put all the chapters together into a short book at the end as others seem to do. It might then inspire me to look back over other stories to finish them properly and do the same. Thanks again.

Jules