The Devil's Chamber Part 16

Printer-friendly version

Leslie wakes up the next morning feeling happy and energized. She accepted the position with MI 5 that Countess Basset offered her. She was going to be an intelligence surveillance officer. They were going to train her and use her established cover as a street performer to gather intelligence around the UK.

She had gone with Casey to visit Countess Basset. While she was with the countess, Casey had gone off to speak with an old friend she used to work with. The Countess had informed her that her older brother in America would have reached out to her about joining his specialized teams.

When she asked what the Countess older brother did and why he would be interested in her. She informed her, that he’s a troubleshooter and handle problems that the US government and the UK couldn’t legally handle. As for why he would be interested in her, because of her skills.

Her stage magician skills would come in handy.

“She never knew there were people out there like him.” In the end, she signed up with MI 5 and in a few weeks, she would be starting her training. After the meeting with Countess Basset was over. Casey and she went out for lunch and spent the rest of the day together.

Leslie came home around ten at night. She had enjoyed herself with Casey. They had talked about maybe dating. Before she left Casey’s SUV. Casey gave her a kiss good night.

Leslie gets out of bed as she stretches her arms above her head and stretch. The stretching exposed her panties. She lowers her arms and heads towards the kitchen to make breakfast. Countess Basset did mention that she should keep quiet about working for MI5 to her roommates. Leslie grabs some sausage patties and places them in the microwave to reheat them. While the sausage patties were cooking. She fries up a few eggs and toasts some bread. Once the patties and eggs are done. She assembles them into a sausage and egg sandwich.
She also brews some fresh coffee to go with her sandwich.

Leslie knew the guys were already at work. Their car keys would be hanging up on the key tree they had mounted near the door. She turns the television on and watches some news. She figures since the weather was going to be near 16°C/(60F). She might go out to perform.

She sits and watches some news until she finishes lunch. Leslie knew her sensei was out with her daughter but would be back later. She knew Kantha was feeling and doing better. She wasn’t on guard every time she went out with her mother or by herself.

Leslie takes one more look at the weather and finally decide to go out and earn some money. She heads into her bedroom and gets the dress in her performance outfit and get her gear ready. She places a call to her favorite car driver and takes her gear down to wait for the cab.

Isla:
Isla couldn’t believe she was moving to America. She finally had the last box packed. She looks around at all her stuff and felt kind of sad that she was leaving England. She told what friends she had that she was moving to America and her bosses were paying for everything.

They threw her a going away party last night. Isla runs her fingertips along the wall. She thought she would ever get this opportunity. Isla wonders what time the movers were going to show up.

Thirty minutes later, the movers show-up and load her stuff into the truck that contained all of Sara’s company stuff. Once all her stuff is loaded. Isla turns her keys over to the manager that manages her place. She takes a cab to the hotel where Elizabeth and Sara are staying.

When she arrives, she is met by Sara. Isla walks into their suite. She looks towards Sara “ I thought Elizabeth would be here?”

“She had to meet up with her team, Isla. They are finishing up the mission they came over here to do.” Sara would be glad once they were back in New York.

“Is New York, like everyone says it is?” Isla had heard stories about New York and its people.

“What do you mean?” Sara was curious.

“That its crowded and the people are rude to you? Also, the city never sleeps.”

“It is true the city never sleeps. You can find all sorts of things going on at night in New York. As for the people being rude, some of them can be at times. As for the crowd, there are a lot of people there.” Sara knew New York could be an experience for people who never knew how a large city works. Especially, someplace like New York.

“Let’s go get some dinner. Hopeful, Elizabeth will be back sometime tonight.” Sara leads Isla down to the restaurant in the hotel.

Ginja and Kantha:
Ginja and Kantha were out spending some mother and daughter time together. Kantha had been a little nervous when they left the dojo but relaxed after a while. Even though, she knew how to protect herself now. She still wonders if someone else would come after her.

Ginja has been watching her adopted daughter out of the corner of her eye. She knew it will take time for all the years Kantha had been abused to fade.

“You know, Kantha that there are people around you that will protect you. Like Leslie over there performing for the crowd.” Ginja had sought out Leslie.

She figured her pupil would be outperforming since the weather was nice. She watches as Leslie performs simple stage tricks for the crowd. Then she does the trick she is famous for with the metal balls, but this time she has added metal flakes to the trick.

“Wow, Leslie is good, mom.” Kantha watches as Leslie performed.

She has never seen Leslie perform before. She has seen her practice in the dojo, but never perform like she was doing now. She continues to watch her as the crowd tries to figure out how she was making the metal flakes make words in the air and how the little metal balls she was using to performed tricks.

Leslie spotted her sensei and Kantha watching her as she performed for the crowd. She mentally causes the metal flakes to spell out Kantha’s name in the air for her. She could feel a slight press building inside her head. She maintains her tricks for a while and finally ends her performance.

The crowd claps loudly and put money in her tip can. Once the crowd walks off, leaving Ginja and Kantha standing there watching her.

“Did you enjoy the performance?” Leslie walks over towards them.

“Yes, you were very good, and I like your outfit.” Kantha liked how Leslie was dress. It looked like a cross between an old fashion tailcoat and a leotard.

“Thanks. This outfit belonged to an old circus performer. I learned a few tricks from her.”

“Well, you did very well, Leslie.” Ginja was proud of her student.

“I couldn’t have done it without the extra training you taught me, sensei.” Leslie knew she wouldn’t have been able to do everything she did as long, she did without Ginja training her.

“I did nothing, except help a student of mine.” A smile appears on her face.

“Thanks, sensei.”

Leslie goes about packing her gear up. She checks everything and rejoins Ginja and Kantha.

“Let’s go and get some lunch, my treat.” Ginja figures she would treat her pupil to a nice lunch.

“Sounds, like a plan to me.” Leslie felt a little hungry after the performance.

Elizabeth:
Elizabeth rubs her tired eyes as Dakota drops her off at the hotel. They managed to stop Carl Herman and take down all the drones he constructed. Terry and Alexa were reverse engineering the big drone Carl built. She knew Terry had a degree in engineering and Alexa was a mechanical genius. It wouldn’t take them long to backtrack how the drone was built. When Elizabeth gets up to the suite, she was surprised to see Isla there.

“Hi, Isla.” As Elizabeth plops down in one of the chairs.

“Hey, Lizzy. Did things go alright?” Isla was curious.

“Yep, everything went fine. The team will be leaving here by next week.”

“When are we leaving here?” Sara looks towards her wife.

“In two days. We are going home and getting Isla set-up. As for what the team is going to do, is still up in the air. I think Terry and Dakota are going to stay here, till Terry has the plans done for the drone.”

up
167 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I wonder

Samantha Heart's picture

What they will find out about the drone. And how Leslie does in her new job with MI5 as a street peformer. The street peformer part is nothing new for her granted but the info she can pass on at times & how she can pass it on is another story.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.