Allison's Pledge: Epilogue

Printer-friendly version

My Dearest Sister,

Allison, I’m writing this letter to you as you commence on your journey as a member, not of Alpha Gamma, but of Alpha Rho. When I graduated from Bellcrest all those years ago I couldn’t have imagined that you would join my old house, or that you would make such a monumental difference in the way that it operates. Things are always changing, and I’ve come to learn that sometimes, the people we least expect make the biggest changes. There are so many things that I want to say to you and only so much time in the world, so all I’m going to do is give you the same advice that mother gave me when I started my journey.

First and Foremost: Be Brave

Life is going to throw curve balls at you. Sometimes you might lose the job that you always dreamed of having, other times you might find yourself in a broken relationship. There are so many things that can change in the blink of an eye, and at the end of the day the most important thing you can do is pick yourself up and move on to the next big thing. Don’t be afraid to take on a challenge, don’t be afraid to defy the odds. You’ve got this girl, I believe in you.

Secondly: Be Yourself

There are a lot of people in this world who are going to tell you who you should be. Don’t let them. You are a beautiful person and a beautiful woman all on your own and I for one think that the world is getting an amazing gift.

Third: Trust in Those you Love

You’ve gained so much in the last two months; you have amazing, sisters who love you. You have Remy, who probably does things to you that are illegal in the state of Alabama and at least three fourths of Asia. You have me, you have mom, you have so many things that other people would love to have. You are an individual person and a strong woman but you are greatly influenced by the company you keep. Don’t be afraid to ask them for help or advice, don’t be afraid to love them. Life is short, make the most of it.

Fourth: Believe in Yourself

The world is a cruel place, Allison. It’s going to tell you that you’re not good enough, it’s going to tell you that you don’t belong and to be honest, you’re going to have it rougher than others. If you’re ever feeling down, or if you’re ever feeling that you’re not good enough, I want you to think back and remember the time when you inspired a nationwide change and altered the course of a century’s old organization. I want you to remember the love and happiness that you brought to us and I want you to remember the sisterhood that you gained – a bond that will be with you for the rest of your life.

Allison, I won’t always be with you, we have our own lives and our own ambitions, but I carry you in my heart wherever I go. I remember so well that annoying little brother who used to bug me when we were kids. I remember this one time you asked me: “Brianna, how big is the world?”. I replied with: “Bigger than you can imagine!”. The next week you came back with: “Brianna, I looked it up, the sky is only twenty miles high.”. I was so annoyed but in the end it’s your sense of curiosity and your drive to explore that is going to make your life amazing. Keep exploring, keep inspiring, and most importantly: keep being yourself. I’m proud of you, Mom is proud of you, and I fully believe that as you move forward, a sister of Alpha Rho, a student of Bellcrest, and most importantly, my sister, you’re just going to continue to make us proud. I love you sis, thanks for everything.

Love,
Brianna

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice

This was a sweet and satisfying conclusion to this story, with a few useful words of wisdom.

Thank YOU.

Mantori's picture

This was such a beautiful worthwhile story to read and to experience.

Fabulous way to end it.

Can hardly wait for your next story.

"Life in general is a fuck up,
but it is the rare moments of beauty and peace
in between the chaos,
That makes it worth living."
- Tertia Hill

This was a lovely story, and thank you......

D. Eden's picture

For reminding me that no matter who we are, no matter what we may have done, no matter what else we may have achieved, it’s the love we give and the love we inspire that matter the most.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Thank You

I love happy endings, and this one is especially satisfying. I hope that the creation of this series and our response to it helped you calm whatever demons are raging at you at the moment. Welcome to Big Closet, and I hope you will stay around and create many more wonderful stories. Thank you for sharing.

Aww

This was a satisfying conclusion to an enjoyable story! Thank you for sharing!!

Wonderful Story!

Lucy Perkins's picture

Thank you for this beautiful end to Allison's story. It has been such a pleasure to watch it unfold over the last couple of weeks and despite knowing nothing about Sorority Houses..(we just have accommodation halls at English Universities) I have been on the edge of my seat! *hugs*

"Lately it occurs to me..
what a long strange trip its been."

Like most ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... I enjoy a happy ending. Thank you.

BE a lady!

Screwed up

I was scrolling down the page and saw Chapter 27 posted. I couldn't remember what the last chapter I read was, so I clicked on it and started reading. So when I realized I'd leapfrogged seveeal chapters I had to go back and read the others. Kinda spoiled the outcome for me.

With that in mind I'm not going to leave a comment/review at this time. I am going to comment on the mechanics of the story though. I thought the blog posts were a great way of conveying necessary information outside the regular story framework. In fact, I would love to see a few more, just to get a better feel of how churned up things became after the blogs were posted. And in fact I think it would be good to post a negative comment along with some positive ones, just to keep things "real". Following some websites for tge LGBT+ community I know there are some pretty nasty people out there. Just saying.

A blog or two giving the reactions of people to the second video of Alison that was posted would be nice also. You don't give us any details of what was said and that just isn't right! ;-) Inquiring minds want to know! :-)


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Names

A cool name for one of the other houses would be Pi Pi Pi. Triple Pi. Kinda rolls off the tongue, doesn't it! :-) Then there would be Lambda house. ;-)


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Simply lovely

Jamie Lee's picture

That letter from Brianna to Allison was simply lovely, advice all can use.

Others have feelings too.

Not my normal reading material, but completely enjoyable

I tend to eschew long multi-part stories and look for the quick cheap pervy thrill and when Miles was called out by AG I thought it was coming and was surprised to find this was none of that. I read every word in a single sitting (not a prolific reader). It was so well written I was needing to see what was going to happen next. I found it emotional, sweet, and I enjoyed the ending very much. I am not sure whether this is exceptional writing or that there is a kernel of truth in the story for the writer (I think the later). Either way you should be proud of your work and your message. As someone in their 50's who grew up gay in an era that was obviously far less accepting and area that is, shall we say, behind the times I understand the fear and self loathing Miles/Allison feels. The theme that she was forced to overcome those obstacles as a college freshman is very appealing to someone that never did. This is a kind story of hope and the kindness and decency of most people especially those of the younger set. I certainly hope the love expressed in this story continues to push back against the bigotry, hatred, and religious repression and intolerance in this world. Many religious leaders ignore the basic tenets of their own religions in favor of hatred. My religious knowledge isn't particularly vast, but to me the basics of Christianity (and most religions) is love. This story speaks of that very clearly, it is a tale of love for others and one's self. It has a wonderful message!

D Dave