Faerie Justice, Erin Grows - Book 2: 2 – Growing Pains

Printer-friendly version


Faerie Justice, Erin Grows - Book 2
2 – Growing Pains


By Jessica C


Erin’s Growth Story a continuation from Faerie Justice, the Snowball Thrower
Aaron’s probably becoming Erin forever… Faerie Justice for Erin might be a blessing… Faeries and Beings share the same world… but are very different.


=^_^=


I was so sure that my Mom was having one of her fits, that Heather said, “What’s your problem? Your mother said, something about Ann coming.”

It took a while for Heather to convince me to call my mother back. Then I either got a busy signal or the call didn’t go through. Once, I got through, but all I heard was my mother talking to Ann and Josie. I heard my Mom said, “Why should I, she hung up on me.” Then Ann said, “I saw that dress in Chicago it was…” And she was cut off by Josie, “She's not used to being a girl…” And the phone cut out.

=^_^=


All the while I was half trying to listen and half trying to convince Monica. “I want to get it, but I need to talk my mother into paying for part of it.”

Monica told me, “I’m sorry, I can talk to you after you’re out of the dress. I don’t want you stressing out and perspiring in that gown.”

I was back in the changing room, taking off the gown saying, “You need to assure me that you will keep the dress until tomorrow so I can talk my mother into it.”

Monica said, “You would need to give a security deposit like I told your mother. I think it would be safe until tomorrow if you’ll be the first here asking for it.”

Veronica, the owner, said to Monica, “You know, I put those petite gowns online at the new price and I think we already have one buyer.” I began to cry on the other side of the door and Veronica asked Monica about me.

Monica said, “She’s a very anxious girl, who just finished trying on one of those dresses. She’s frustrated, thinking her mom won’t allow her to get it.”

=^_^=


I was out of the changing area and trying to figure out how I could afford the deposit. My eyes were red and my mascara had run from all my crying. Then I heard Josie say, “Man! Erin, you look worse than a scarecrow. What happened to you?”

It hadn’t dawned on me yet that Josie couldn’t be there unless someone brought her. “I found this beautiful gown and I tried calling mom but she was having one of her fits. I’ll die if I have to settle for something less.” Josie handed me a tissue and as I looked up to take it, and then I saw my mother.

Mom backed up as I got ready to hug her. Ann took control of the tissues and cleaning my face.

I said “Mom, they already have a buyer for my gown, you should have been here. But it’s not too late!”

Mom saw Monica shaking her head, ‘yes’. Mother said, “May we see this gown?”

“Most certainly you have a precious daughter, but she’s so anxious. This must be her first prom.”

Mom joked, “You wouldn’t believe it seeing her now, but just a few short weeks ago she acted much more like a boy.”

Monica brought out the gown and hung it up on a post to show it off. Ann’s face lit up, “O my, it’s more precious than in the picture. Erin needs to put it on and show us, how beautiful it is on her.” Josie stepped in between me and the gown. “You need to wash and make sure no mascara, makeup or tears are on your face or hands.”

=^_^=


I went running as I as nervously needed to find the restroom. But when I found a restroom it was small and near the boys changing area, but there was no women’s restroom. A salesperson there said, “Dear, our restroom is near the courtesy counter.” She saw I was frustrated and asked me to follow her.

Once to the sinks, I opened my purse as I looked into the mirror. I was confused about what to do as Aaron and Erin’s thoughts were swimming in my brain like an old stew.

Speaking aloud to myself, I said, “O my, can I repair that.” …A voice next to me, said, “A little nervous are we. Tell me, I’m getting fitted for my wedding gown.” There next to me was the most beautiful young bride to be.

I was staring at her, when she giggled and said, “I’m Caroline, let me help you. It won’t be that hard to fix.” I showed her my makeup. She said, “Good at least you have good makeup with you.” She picked up the mascara and looked at it closely, “But oops, who chose this mascara for you? That was your problem.”

I confessed I had taken that one instead of what was suggested at the time. She was fixing my makeup as another woman came into the restroom. “There you are, Caroline. I should have guessed you found someone to help.” Then the woman said, “Aha, Caroline, you might have just bumped into the answer to your other problem.” Caroline stood back looked at her friend and then looked back at me. “Hmm.”

Caroline asked me, “Are you doing anything important right now?”

Then it dawned on me that I had people waiting. “I’m sorry, but I need to get back to my mom and hope I can get my prom dress.” I was quickly out the door and back over to my dress and family.

=^_^=


Mom said, “Slow down, and don’t be so nervous. It is a beautiful gown.” I interrupted and said, “But… but what?” I was certain she was going to say something negative. Mom said, “Where’s the patience Ayala taught you?”

I paused, took a deep breath and tried to relax, and waited for my mother to speak.

Mother said, “Heather said, you were going to raid your bank account? I’m glad you're willing to pay for part of it. But we did buy your sister’s first gown, even most of her second gown.”

Ann says, “You have nice taste little sis, though it’s expensive. I like your style. I just wish I was your size.” She said, “Did you see that slit in the satin skirt underneath? It’s under the lace mesh.”

I said, “It barely opens up, what good is it. That’s the only bad thing about the skirt.”

“Silly,” says Ann, “it’s like that until you buy it and say you want it open. They cut the threads holding it together down there. There are two bows that button or unbutton as you’d want. It shows plenty and teases a boy. His imagination, not his hands run away with him.”

Monica speaks up, “If you’re serious about buying it we should go over to the bridal area to try it on. This dress will beg for the attention of the seamstress over there.”

=^_^=


We walk into that changing area and there is Caroline up on one of the platform areas with someone pinning her gown. I am mesmerized as the gown is as preciously beautiful as is Caroline. The Seamstress is about to pull the curtain closed, but Caroline begins to speak. “Erin, did you come to find out what my question is?”

“O hi, Caroline, your dress is awesome. I’m sorry I ran off and thanks for your help.”

Mom says, “She must be the reason you came back looking so good. Thank you, Caroline, I’m Mrs. TeraNova. It seems you met Erin.”

Caroline says, “I know who you are. Ann and I were a year apart in school. But I thought you had a son as well as the younger daughter that must be Joselyn.”

Caroline’s mother said, “You’re mistaken, there’s only ever been the three girls.” Caroline looks at Ann and then me and before we can recover. She already knows something has gone on.

I turn to go with Monica to go to the other end of the area. I hear Ann say to Mom, “I bet I know why her mind wasn’t changed.” I am soon down to my panty and up on the alteration platform as they help me with my gown. I turn to see Caroline at the other end watching me. She steps off her stool and down from the platform, making her way over to us.

She’s there and she stops, “Could I speak to Erin and Ann alone please?”

=^_^=


She says, “I don’t know what’s going on, you are most definitely a girl? But you two knew what I was talking about, what gives?”

Ann says, “You wouldn’t believe what I’d tell you if I could.”

Caroline says, “I was going to ask a favor; Erin would be ideal. But I’ll live with my problem. I can’t afford a secret where my wedding's concerned.”

I looked at Caroline through my faerie eyes and I saw Caroline aura it was the same as Joselyn’s and I could feel the sorrow of her heart. It was too much for me. I looked at Ann and shrugged my shoulders. Ann shook her head ‘no’, but then she wasn’t certain.

I said, “Caroline, you know my sister said you wouldn’t believe it? How big is your imagination?”

She smiled at me, “Try me, I’ll keep it to myself if it is unbelievable. I know you’re too young for a sex change. Are you going to tell me that thin Aaron was a tomboy?”

I said, “Would you believe me if I told you a Princess Faerie changed me?”

Caroline had a giggle to herself, when she said. “I bet there isn’t any proof you can give me?” With that, I loosened my shoulders to make sure my wings were unencumbered by anything. Then I stretched my wings and allowed their color brighten. Caroline and Ann were both impressed. “Okay, I believe though I know that wasn’t real.”

Caroline said, “My favor that I was… want to ask you is? Would you fill in as a bridesmaid? My fiancée has a man Scotty who’s extremely short and very sensitive about it. He’s in the wedding party, I had someone lined up to pair with him, but she got indignant when she heard he was only eighteen. The wedding is the weekend after Independence Day.”

Ann says, “Good, I’m sure if he was a college guy my mother would have said, ‘No’.”

Caroline asked, “Ann can you come with me and give me the contact information. I need to get this finished.” They begin to step away from me, Caroline turns around, “Is this okay Erin?” She paused until I said, “Yes, I’d be delighted to.”

Mom, Josie, Monica, Heather, and my seamstress came back. Mom said, “What was all that about, that you kept us waiting.”

Luckily Mom’s eyes caught on me and the gown. “My precious Erin, you are breathtaking in that beautiful gown. I’m not sure if you or the gown is prettier.” When I bowed in a curtsey to my Mom. I saw her eyes catch, on my cleavage. “O my, Erin you’re blossoming. Are you ready for that?” She shakes her head, “I’m not sure I am.”

“Mom, there’s tooling over my breasts. I think it is in very good taste.”

Josie joins in the teasing, “I’ll have to see if Jeni has been shrinking dust. They don’t look exactly petite showing like that.”

Mom asked, “Is there any way to attach a piece of the lace along the top of the tooling?”

Patricia the seamstress answered, “Yes, as she said there’s a long piece of lace that can be used with the gown. There’s more that could be added but I think that more would take away from the gown.”

I said, “The lacework is beautiful I could go along with that.” I’m shown the package of lace. It has small, delicate roses that one can tell is an accent made to go with the gown.

Ann came back and she was beaming, “Erin and I have a wedding to be in on the tenth of July.”

=^_^=


The Prom dress was purchased and Mom paid for a strapless bra and satin panty that was in a low riding boy shorts style.

Everyone was ready to leave when Caroline’s mother came asking, “If she’s not to worn out, could Erin stay and try on her bridesmaid gown?” I am sure there will need to be some alterations with not much time to get it done. I’d appreciate your help.”

My Mom looks at me and sees my anxious spirit. “Yes, I think she’s at the age she can’t get too tired trying on beautiful gowns.” Needless to say, I went over to Caroline and the seamstress showed me the gown I was to wear.

The Seamstress said, “Please take of your clothes. I am finished with Caroline for now. We need to see how much work there will be in fitting this gown for you to wear.” I had undressed and Patricia had brought over a strapless bra. “I see you have a nice tush as well as ample breasts. I hope you don’t mind that I will be touching you, but the gowns look best fitting snuggly.”

I said, “Thanks for the warning, I think I can handle what you need to do.” My bridesmaid dress is a light mint green. It has peekaboo sides which surprised me. Since the rest of the bride’s party are college age and fit; the design makes sense. I do make a mental note not to mention it to my mother. I won’t lie, I’ll just leave that part out.

“Caroline, while I like the idea of helping you; I'd seeing what the groomsman looks like. I need to tell you that my prom date is my boyfriend. I like the idea of doing another woman a favor.”

Caroline said, “That is so precious of you. Scotty is as nice as he’s good looking. I think you will enjoy being in the wedding opposite of him. I guess you’ll have to suffer through being coupled with a handsome young man for the reception.”

“I think you will enjoy being part of the sisterhood of my friends.” I looked up to see Heather’s expression, and Caroline saw me. Caroline said, “We’re not taking your love away from you. But Like you, Erin needs to continue to develop friendships and experience more in life. You’ll each be mean to each other if you don’t suffocate one another.”

I was continuing to be fitted. I saw that Caroline and Heather were talking and Heather’s smile had returned. Finally, the fitting was complete. I needed to be careful in taking off the gown as there were pins close to sticking me. I would also need to come back to try it after the seamstress finished the alterations.

Caroline gave me a hug and some air kisses. She had already called an aunt to give Heather and me a ride home.

=^_^=


I spent part of the time in Ann’s room as she unpacked from college. She asked if she would ever see any of the real faeries, to which I stood looking serious and tried showing off my wings again. Then I heard a small voice in my ear, it was Jeni. “No, you can’t just go around showing you’re a fae to everyone. That would be much too chancy and it isn’t our way.”

Ann said, “I know you’ve been changed and Mom even says it was by the faeries. But there should be more to show for that.”

I said, “Maybe by seeing all what I need to learn and mature to you will come to believe. There was a faerie just talking to me, but somehow you weren’t able to see her.”

“I thought you looked like you were listening to someone, was that a faerie time?”

I said, “You’re catching on, now if you would only believe.” Ann was too much into the university scene to believe in faeries no matter how many things pointed that way.

I spent the next few days working on school reports and going to class. There were a bunch of quizzes to see what we needed yet to study and learn before the big exams. One afternoon was spent watching Jeff play baseball, the next day I was cheering on Heather running track. She ran a 100, 200-meter dashes and another two relays. I thought, 'No wonder she’s so slim and her boobs diminish during track season.'

Heather wanted to miss the cutoff for the conference and state meets, but that would hurt her team as well. I went as a helper to both meets. And the State Meet was the two days before the prom, I let the other me go while I went to meet with Princess Ayala.

I could tell Princess Ayala was welcoming me as my mother. “Isy, come here daughter, it is so good to see that you are doing so well. Jeni said you look absolutely beautiful in your gown. And I fully agree!”

I asked, “Did Jeni have a camera and take pictures that I knew nothing about?”

Princess Ayala said, “No, do you think a mother can let go of a daughter and not want to see her for me? I will not seek to intrude upon Christine’s realm as your mother but I do take pride and interest in you.”

“Just one point of concern? You have a girlfriend and a boyfriend there and also accepted to help be another person’s escort in a wedding and the reception to follow. I think you are taking on too much. Until you decide permanently whether you’re going to continue as Erin or Aaron, your mind is cluttered with the two realities. You need to remember deep down inside you are a faerie and have a responsibility for how you handle yourself.

“Even I have a higher responsibility than that of mother to you. That could mean bringing you back into this realm forever. But your destiny is to live and grow where you are.”

=^_^=


“Enough of that Erin, it is good to see you’re back.”

Mr. Hancock saw my head jerk as I regained my conscience mind there. “Ms. TeraNova are you back with us? Now, what do you think of Mendelssohn’s Midsummer Night’s Dream?”

“Well, I think it catches the faerie spirit as well as a human being's imagination. I think it is in the limit of human mind imagine on our own terms instead of believing what we'd wish to believe?”

Mr. Hancock had mixed feeling about what I had said. “Well it sounds like you were truly listening, but you seem to discount Mendelssohn’s music.”

“Oh, no sir, he is a great composer whose music has gained immortality. Faeries love the music of nature from sunbeams and raindrops to breezes so faint humans can’t hear them to storms so violent that the roar scares us. They don’t like those storms any better than us, but I’m told they’ll weather those storms for a baby bunny or a bird that survived being blown out of its nest.”

“Very good Ms. TeraNova, but we need to proceed with class.” The fact was, I had the last word as the class bell rang.

=^_^=


I called Heather to hear how she had done at the State Track Meet. Coach Dawn Miles answered, “I’m glad you called almost as much as you staying at school and not being here. What would you like to know?”

“Coach Dawn, can I talk to Heather?”

Coach says, “I’d rather you didn’t; she has been so focused and is having a great meet. She took third in the 100-meter dash. She stepped up after Claudine didn’t place in her semi-final run. They also got bumped out of the lane in the 100x400 relay. Your Heather was a big help in getting first in the 200x800 relay. Claudine and Heather were our last two runners. They made up needed distance with speed. Heather caught her last competitor with 50 meters to go and won the race going away. …Did you know she didn’t want to be running the relays? Someone said she did it for the team.”

The 200-meter dash has been moved to one of the girls’ last races. Heather is one of the top three runners in the finals, but the media hasn’t heard of her. …Don’t worry Erin I’ll let her know you called and are thinking of her. She said someone named Jeni rubbed a kink out of her calf muscle. …Sorry, I have to go the race is about to start.”

I had thought of making a mad dash as Isy, but too many people were around, plus I knew it did not rank as an emergency.

Nine o’clock turned to ten o’clock but I was still there to meet Heather’s bus arriving back, but I had a predicament as Jeff came to be here for me waiting for Heather…

To be continued…

up
109 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This DOES kind of complicate

Samantha Heart's picture

Things I'm glad mom came down & saw the dress on Erin & agreerd it was perfict for her. Now a weding on top of that... the princess is correct she is taking on to much right now.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Life in either realm is complicated.

As Erin is finding out, Being a woman can have a down side, but there are many more pluses too.

OOps

I didn't leave a comment first time round(Bad Wendy!), looks like our girl is a girl to stay, a lot like me.