Hunter's Moon Chp. 8

Printer-friendly version

Tiger didn’t know why, but she didn’t feel right without Cara near her. Whenever Cara left her for more than n hour. She started feeling kind of anxious. She couldn’t’ figure out why she felt this way.

She walks outside and saw Cara just standing out in the backyard enjoying the sunshine. She wonders what Cara’s reason was for becoming a vampire. She walks up to Cara and stood as close as she could to her.

Cara could feel Tiger’s presence standing near her. She could feel something stirring inside her body as her nostril flare as Tiger’s scent drifted into her nose.

“Cara, can I ask you a personal question?”

“I don’t see why you can’t.” Cara looks at Tiger.

“Why did you become a vampire?”

Cara takes a deep breath and slowly let the air out. Even doing that felt strange to her and that stirring she felt inside her, got stronger from inhaling Tiger’s scent.

“The reason I became a vampire, was because I wanted to be a girl. The desire I felt inside me, on being born into the wrong body was making me depress. My family didn’t understand what it meant to me to feel like I did. So, I was about to kill myself when Leonardo Villard showed up and offered to give me a female body. He had a girl that felt like I did, and he swapped our souls. Placing my soul in her body and her soul in my body. After he did that, he turned both of us into vampires. When he tried to pass me around like a whore, I killed him.” Cara still felt anger for what Villard had planned for her. That wasn’t part of the bargain she made with him.

Tiger could hear in Cara’s voice how she felt. Something inside of her made her mover closer and wrap Cara in her arms. She wonders if she would have made that type of deal for anything.

Cara was surprised when Tiger wrapped her arms around her and held her. She holds onto Tiger and let the peacefulness she felt with Tiger in her arms wash over her. She didn’t know why she felt like this or why Tiger has become so important to her.

She still wonders, how she can be awake right now? What did the vampire she drunk from doing to her? She closes her eyes and thinks about one question at a time.

“You know if you become hungry or need blood to heal. You can take mine.” Tiger was just a few inches taller than Cara.

“Thank you.” Cara doesn’t feel she could do that to Tiger.

Inside the safe house:
Lorrie was walking by the backdoor and spotted Tiger and Cara outside. Everyone in the house was surprised to see Cara awake during the day time. Trey didn’t even know what to make of it. A smile forms on her face as she spots them hugging each other. To her, it seems Tiger was standing extremely close to Cara. She wonders if Tiger wasn’t Cara’s mate? She heads into the kitchen with a smirk on her face and start making lunch for everyone.

Bent Mountain, Va.:
Teresa teleports inside the house and find herself surrounded by three vampires. The air around start crackling as a blue electrical bolt strikes out from her directions. It strikes me of the vampires and causes him to drop to the ground, smoking.

Just as one of the other vampires went to attack Teresa, King jumps through one of the windows and slams into a vampire. Khan and Arron jump through two other windows, while Angela comes through the backdoor and Duffy through the front door.

The last vampire tries to teleport away but screams as a blueish electrical field surrounds his body. His flesh starts to smoke and finally burst into flames. His body burns brightly as the flames consume him.

Angela looks at the weird looking wolf and wonders who or what it is. She has never seen anything like it before.

“Who’s your friend?” Angela looks towards her husband.

“Don’t know, who she is. However, she is unique, and I don’t think she’s a dumb animal.” King was watching the wolf with blue markings.

“My name is Teresa.” As she looks at King and Angela.

“Are you some sort of Were?” Khan was curious.

“No, I was cursed a long time ago.” As Teresa stats sniffing around.

She finds the remains of the family that had been murdered. They were stacked up, upon one another in one of the bedrooms. A tear escapes from her eyes as spots the dead bodies of the children among the bodies.

Angela had followed behind Teresa and saw what she saw. The dead bodies of the family that lived there.

“We're going to need a clean-up crew.” Angela pulls her cellphone out and calls the local clean-up crew to come to sterilize the crime scene.

Teresa was about to leave the house.

“Teresa, why don’t you come with us and explain how you became a curse. Maybe we can help you.” King would like to know more about her.

Teresa looks at the two wolves and tigers. She glances towards the woman she felt was a vampire but was awake.

“Who are you?”

We’re with the supernatural council. We go out and fix problems our fellow supernaturals cause and administer punishment to those who break council law.”

“Is the vampire your mate?” Teresa saw a gold cord that linked Angela to the wolf talking to her.

“Yes, she’s my mate.” King saw no reason to lie to her.

“Very well, I’ll come with you.” Teresa figures it wouldn’t hurt her to go with them. If they tried to capture her, they will get a big surprised.

An hour later, the cleaners show up to handle the house. King and the group head back to their camper. They saw Robin and Keane outside waiting for them.

Robin and Keane spot the members of their team coming back. It was almost eight at night and the hunting had taken all day for their team to locate their quarry.

“Looks like they were successful.” Angela was happy they had accomplished what they wanted too.

“Yeah, but who or what is that animal walking with them?” Keane spotted the wolf with glowing bluish highlights walking with King and Khan.

“Angela, who is our new friend?” Robin could communicate with her friend and lover mentally.

“The wolf's named is Teresa and she said she was cursed.”

“Breaking curses are kind of hard. Normally, the person or higher or lower power who placed the curse. They are the only ones capable of removing it.”

“Maybe you can see what you can do.” Angela was hoping Robin might be able to help Teresa.

“I’ll try.” Robin keeps watching her friends.

Keane starts bringing the food they made out of the camper. He and Robin had cooked a lot for them.

“I hope you guys are hungry. We have plenty.”

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Things are getting intresting

Samantha Heart's picture

I wonder if Tiger is Cara's mate it souds like she is so far. And as for Teresa its going to be intresting to find out more about her.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.