Back to School Chp. 4

Printer-friendly version

Sasha had been too late to stop Andrew McKinley from killing the young couple. She had just arrived in town and tracked him down. She spotted a Mustang pull up and saw a Hispanic woman get out move like a trained agent. She entered the house when she heard screams coming from inside the house. The next thing she heard were gunshots coming from inside the house. She heard the crashing sound of broken glass as a figured jumped out of a window.

Sasha saw a young girl in the Mustang when she ran after the figure that came through the window. The bastard was quick and quickly lost her. Normally, she wasn’t easy to lose, but McKinley wasn't an ordinary person. He was a hired killer and was very good at his job.

The thing that bothered her, was why did he kill the young couple? She waits till the coroner and police leave the crime scene before heading into the house. She looks around the house trying to figure out why McKinley came here. What was so important about these people?
McKinley wouldn’t have killed them without a reason.

She stands in the middle of the room that the couple was killed in and look around. She already took the hard drive from the computer system and had the laptops she found in the bedrooms. Sasha heads back to where her rental car was parked and head back to her hotel room.

As she drives back to her hotel, she’ll get in touch with her cousin Ivy tomorrow. She’ll have Ivy run a background check on the woman she saw entering the house and on the young couple that was killed. Since she was in Memphis, she’ll have to call a person she knows. He would know if there is an underground clinic that the criminals used. She pulls into the parking lot and heads towards her hotel room with her bounty.

Once Sasha is in her hotel room, she sets the items she brought with her down near her equipment case. She checks the time and it was almost three in the morning. Her wife and kids were in bed asleep. It was 1:00 o’clock in the morning back home. She knew Ivy wouldn’t be at the office right now. So, she’ll get some sleep and contact her later.

Nora’s House:
Nora walks out of Christina’s bedroom quietly. Carol finally cried herself to sleep. Since they didn’t have a spare bedroom for her to use. Carol would be using Christina's bedroom, while she was in Hawaii. She looks in on Ginger as she slept. Whoever she fought against was good with a knife. Ginger’s attacker sliced her arms up and lacerated her abdomen. The doctor said that Ginger had to be careful lifting anything heavy or she will tear her wound open. She had thirty stitches in all. Most of them was holding her insides, in.

Ginger’s attackers didn’t walk away unharmed either. According to what Kelly told her when they got back from the hospital. One of Ginger’s attackers had a broken leg and several broken ribs. The other guy that attacked her, had a broken arm and was knocked unconscious. William took on two guys before he was knocked unconscious. He had two broken ribs and his throwing arm was fractured. Two of the attackers managed to get away. They had injuries from Ginger using the one guy's knife on them.

Nora places a kiss on Ginger’s forehead. She was proud of her daughter. She was going to grow up being one hell of a fighter. She walks over to Melody and places a kiss on her forehead as well. Melody was Carol’s friend and that is what Carol is going to need.

Nora walks back to her and Kelly’s bedroom. Kelly was taking tomorrow off to stay home with the girls. Nora couldn’t because she had classes she had to teach. She couldn’t take tomorrow off. She crawls in next to her wife and turns her bedside lamp off.

0600hrs The Next Day:
Nora gets up and starts getting ready for school. She tries to be quiet, so she doesn’t wake Kelly. She takes her shower and manages to get dress, without waking Kelly or the girls. Before Nora leaves the house, she checks on Ginger. The hospital prescribed pain and antibiotic medicine to help Ginger deal with her wounds.

Nora leaves the house and head to school. She still wants to know who killed Carol’s parents and why? Why go after them? She tries to clear her head before going to work.

0900hrs., La Costa Suites, Downtown Memphis:
Sasha wakes-up and stretches. She was feeling a little stiff as several of her joints pop. She hops into the shower and takes a nice hot shower to loosen up. Lately, her joints have been giving her some problems. She hasn’t spoken with her mother yet about her joints. After her shower, she picks her cellphone up and dials a certain number.

Dr. Henry Dole Resident:
Dr. Dole was enjoying his morning coffee when his cell phone starts ringing. He looks at the number and recognizes it as belonging to Sasha Wolfhart.

“Sasha, it’s so nice to hear from you. What can I do for you?”

“I need some information, Dr. Dole.”

“What type of information do you need, Sasha?” Dr. Dole knew what Sasha did when she wasn’t performing.

He’s patched her up a few times when she got hurt. He was just being cautious because his clients like to remain anonymous.

“I need to know if there are any underground medical clinics in Memphis, Tennessee.”

“If I give you the information, Sasha. What are you going to give me in return?”

“What do you want, Dr. Dole?” Sasha hated haggling with him.

“Medical supplies. Nothing to illegal.” As a smile appears on his face.

“I’ll do what I can for you, Dr. Dole.” She’ll have to do some pleading with her aunt on the supplies.

Dr. Dole thinks about it. He knew Sasha’s word was good.

“Alright. Yes, there are a few underground clinics and one private hospital run by the Company. However, they know you and I recommend you stay away from them. Why do you need this information?”

“I’m looking for a hired assassin that has been shot.” Sasha hopes McKinley goes to one of the clinics.

“Who is the assassin?” Dr. Dole wonders should he put the word out.

“Andrew McKinley.”

Dr. Dole almost paled when he heard that name. McKinley was known among the underworld as Death Eyes. He was a high-class murderer with over two hundred kills under his belt. He had no problem killing anyone. Some assassins wouldn’t kill children or women, however, Death Eyes would. He uses different methods to accomplish his objective.

“I’ll put the word out and let you know if he shows up at any of the clinics or the hospital.” Dr. Dole didn’t need for McKinley to start killing any of the medical staff.

“Alright. Send me what you want, and I’ll see about getting it filled.” Sasha hopes her mother and aunt will work with her.

Sasha ends the call with Dr. Dole and calls her cousin Ivy. She hopes Ivy has arrived at work.

0800hrs., Aero Flight Industries, Emery County, Utah:
Ivy was in a good mood as she pulls into the parking garage at the mountain compound. Her date last night with Roger was enjoyable. They went for dinner at a nice restaurant and afterward they went dancing. She enjoyed her date.

As Ivy is walking towards her office, her cellphone starts ringing. She pulls it out of her purse and notices it was her cousin Sasha’s private number. She presses the accept button “good morning, Sasha. What can I do for you?”

“Morning cousin, I need for you to do a background check on a few photos of people I took.”

“Are you working on an authorized case?” Ivy knew how Sasha liked to skirt the rules her mother had for her agents.

“Yes, this is an authorized assignment.”

“Alright, send me the photos and I’ll try to have something for you in an hour or so.” Ivy had a few more things to do.

“Thanks, cousin.” Sasha sends the encrypted files to her cousin’s cell phone.

After Ivy receives the files. She ends the call and heads towards her office.

La Costa Suites, Downtown Memphis:
Once Sasha is done talking with Ivy. She gets dressed in a nice business suit and heads down to the management company that hired her to come and perform for them. She figures her cousin was going to be a while getting the information she asked for.

up
216 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good to see someone on the case

Samantha Heart's picture

Besides "The Cheshire" & "The Devil's Bounty hunter" who knows they my YET appear lol (Doubt it as "Wildfire" is on the case ;). A trained assassin hmmmm the plot thickens.... who ever he has hired thevthugs are good with knives they sliced Ginger up pretty good & her boyfriend before he was knocked out. Then Carol's parents were murdered.... something is up butvwhat well we'll find out next episode :)

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

What's your name?

Is it Andrew or Paul? Can't tell the players without a program. ;-)


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I just

couldn't make up my mind on what to call the bad guy. Thank you.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

S'alright

I get confused easily, so I have to reread things just to get them straight in my head. Probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

The why's need answered

Jamie Lee's picture

If nothing was taken after the couple was killed, then why were they killed? To shut them up? Information gathering that went to far? Revenge? Or for some other reason?

This may be one time a contract shouldn't have been taken.

Others have feelings too.