Woodcrest #2: Dramatic Aspirations Epilogue

Printer-friendly version

I nodded to Sakiya as I sat down at the table in the quad. She was nicely dressed, as usual. Tri Pi’s fashion sense had always been a little more refined than ours, I guess you could say. Yeah we were on top of the latest trends, but every Tri Pi girl looked like they could wake up in the morning and walk into church every single day of the week, it was disturbing, or even kind of Stepfordy.

“So,” She said. “I’m going to cut right to the chase, how can I help you exactly?”

“Okay so, Gamma ran into a little problem, it started with this guy named Todd, he’s uh…an English major I think?”

“I know exactly who you’re talking about,” Sakiya nodded. “Kind of a creepy guy, was dating Chastity, not sure how he ended up with her but I’m glad she dumped him, I kind of feared for her life.”

“Yeah, well, about that…” I said. “I wanted you to know that I came to you with this because you’re the president of the LGBT club, and maybe—”

“Wait,” She stared at me. “Are you saying Todd’s gay?”

“Uh…kind…of?” I said, cocking my head a bit. “I mean uh…it’s…he’s…”

“I’m on a schedule here,” Sakiya pointed to a nonexistent watch on her wrist. “You’re going to want to spit it out, whatever it is.”

So I told her. I told her everything from the beginning. I think it took all of twenty minutes to unfold the entire tale and by the time I was done she was staring at me blankly. Had she heard what I’d just said? Any of it at all? There was an awkward silence and then, she suddenly cleared her throat and brushed her bangs from her face before speaking.

“Tiffany, do you hear that?” She asked, staring intently into my eyes with a finger resting against her chin as if she were simultaneously deep in thought.

“Hear…what?” I asked. I listened, the area around us was actually pretty quiet. “I don’t hear…anything.”

“Oh!” She said. “It’s that tree over there! It’s lamenting the fact that it had to burst forth from a seed, survive life as a sapling in this cruel, unforgiving world, and managed to defy the odds, growing into a huge oak tree just so it could provide oxygen for your mentally deficient self.”

“Excuse me?!” I demanded, slamming both hands on the table. “I didn’t—”

“You did!” Sakiya shouted at me. “You took a perfectly nor—okay you took a trans girl and you traumatized the fuck out of her! Like do you know how many years of therapy it’s going to tak…UGH! I don’t even have words for how mad I am at you. You are so…all of you are so STUPID! GAT has always had a bad reputation, I don’t know why they even allow you onto the Greek council, but holy fucking Jesus Christ on an English muffin you daft fucking prick!”

“Wow…um…I’m…sorry?”

“You’re sorry?” Sakiya raised an eyebrow. “What exactly did you think you were doing? I could understand playing a little bit of dress up. Trans girls love being helped with the whole clothing thing, and maybe you could have just taught her to do her makeup. A little pet project never hurt anyone, but you MADE her come OUT to her fucking GIRLFRIEND?! I can’t believe I have to tell you that this is wrong!”

“You know,” I said. “We were just playing it by ear, we’ve never really run into anything like this before, and Todd- I mean Audrey seems to like it with us—”

“Are you sure that’s not Stockholm Syndrome?”

“I don’t know what to do Sakiya,” I said, throwing my hands up in frustration. “Tell me what I’m supposed to do.”

“Um…did you try directing her to a therapist or maybe the fucking LGBT club? Did you try…um…I don’t know…ANYTHING but what you did?”

“Sakiya, serious, help me,” I pleaded. “Ever since we…did…that she’s been super depressed. I’m literally afraid she’s just going to kill herself.”

“Oh I’m going to help you,” Sakiya said condescendingly. “But first you’re going to do something for me, well, two things. Stand up, walk over to that tree, and apologize to it.”

“What?” I demanded. “You want me to what?!”

“Go apologize to that tree for wasting its life. Tell it you’re going to try to be a good girl, and that this Christmas you’ll give Tiny Tim the money to buy the Christmas goose. Get up, go to the tree, I’m on a schedule.”

I searched her face, trying to find anything resembling sarcasm. She couldn’t be serious, right? The longer I stared at her the more insistent her expression became. I finally sighed and stood up from the bench, biting my lower lip as I took a few steps backward and the did a full 180 toward the tree.

“I’m…sorry…” I said to the tree. I felt like a complete idiot.

“Tell it what you’re sorry for!”

“I’m…sorry that…you have to produce oxygen for me.” What the hell, this was so stupid.

“Now apologize for global warming!”

“What the hell Sakiya, it’s not even real!” I spat back.

“Okay, and then apologize for being a republican!”

“Okay…tree,” I sighed. “I’m sorry for global warming and I’m sorry for my political views.”

“Get back over here,” Sakiya sighed. I walked back toward the table, rolling my eyes as I went.

“Okay,” She said to me as I sat down. “Listen to me very closely, because this is what we’re going to do.”

up
128 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Apology

I couldn’t help but laugh at Tiffany apologising to the tree

This led to the random thought of “what does a tree bang it’s head against in frustration ?”

Any answers out there?

YES!!

I’m glad some finally SAID IT!! Tiffany et al. could have done so many nice things for Audrey except what they actually ended up doing to her!! They ended up taking a relatively happy trans girl and made her catatonic and depressed enough they fear she’s going to take her life. Not to mention exploiting her vulnerability by making her do things for them, like cleaning up their messes at 5 in the morning. I really hope Audrey gets past this. And even in spite of all of this, I still think Tiffany et al. care about Audrey, and I don’t think anything they did, except the initial blackmail, was done maliciously. Are they stupid, and is what they did to Audrey horrible? Yes and yes. But are they evil? I don’t think so.

OK, cute, but I resent.......

D. Eden's picture

The whole global warming and Republican thing.

I am so tired of all Republicans being portrayed as ignorant bigots - and yes, I am a Republican.

No, I did not vote for Trump - Hillary Clinton wasn’t a viable candidate, and I hate the woman, but even she was better than that idiot. No, I am not some moron who votes the party line all the time; I am an intelligent adult who votes my conscience based on the issues and my knowledge of the candidates, the world, and reality. REALITY - not what the idiots currently in the White House believe to be the facts, but the real truth.

And yes, that includes climate change. Hell, I’m an engineer - I’m not about to deny scientific fact. Numbers don’t lie - they can be interpreted different ways, but the numbers are the numbers.

I believe in small government and being fiscally responsible - something neither party has been for some time, but what the Republican Party is actually supposed to be about.

I believe that people should be allowed to live as they desire, as long as they don’t harm others. And yes, I am pro choice; what right do I have to tell any woman what she can or can’t do with her body? Not to mention that in my opinion abortions should be the concern of the prospective parents - not some old white men sitting in Washington, DC. I am not a big fan of them, but I don’t feel I have the right to tell anyone else how to live their life.

In fact, I served for a good portion of my adult life in some really shitty places and really shitty situations to protect the rights of others to live as they desire.

So just for once, can we lay off the Republican bashing? Not all of us are assholes - just like not all Democrats are socialists.

Thank you!

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

You'll...

Audrissa's picture

Have to talk to Sakiya, she's the one that said it.

Sakiya

I think I like this girl!

DogSig.png

So, that happened...

That's a unique way to end it... On to Book 3? :)

Hugs!

Leila

Its about time

Its about time that someone with working brain cells came into this story. Tiffany et al are not all bad, after all they could have destroyed Audrey when they first discovered her. They are misguided and completely out of their depth so hopefully getting Sakiya involved will will get things back on track. Or will it? after all we are in the hands of the Audrissa who has a tale to tell.

Will

Not so tough now

Jamie Lee's picture

Tiffany and the rest of GAT finally learned how bad they messed up. Tiffany's not so tough when someone reads her the riot act, which needed to happen.

Now what?

Others have feelings too.