Summer with Em - Part 9

Printer-friendly version

1842239-health-club-girl-in-a-gym-doing-weight-lifting.jpg

Summer With Em - Chapter 9

By Julie D Cole

Em looked at me with disappointment.

‘Oops sorry Em, I didn’t mean it to sound like that. I meant they both look like attractive women. I mean they just look normal.’

‘They are normal don’t tell me you think that because they are lesbians one should be short with a large bust and cropped hair? They are two women like me and we are close friends. They just fell in love like any other couple. They are both beautiful and we have known each other for at least 10 years. We’ve had some great times together. That is George is on the left.’

‘Wow she’s like a model. She is so attractive. I’m so sorry. Please don’t tell them what I said. I guess I’ve never spent much time with women apart from at college. They don’t associate with me. I’ve lived in a cocoon I suppose these last few years’

Em hugged and kissed them both as we reached them outside the coffee shop. Then she introduced me as her cousin as we had agreed. They were very friendly and extremely polite and looked me up and down complementing me on my outfit. I couldn’t help but feel they might be looking for an indication of whether I was straight or not. I had been certain that I was straight until then but now I wasn’t so sure. I was just in character or having a bit of fun with Em but she had been very serious. I’d gone along with it a bit too easily I supposed but it wasn’t as if I was causing any harm or knew anybody.

George took my hand and kissed me on the cheek and asked where I’d been hiding myself and how long I was staying in Manchester. It was a weird experience to be introduced as female and out in public and to be mixing with Em and her two friends. They were three attractive women meeting up for some shopping and lunch and I was to be included. It gave me a pleasant tingling feeling and my stomach felt completely full of butterflies.

We queued and ordered coffees and then found a vacant table outside with a view of passers-by in the mall. Em liked to people watch but she positioned me so that I was protected from stares of shoppers and whispered to me that I should take note of how to sit properly and avoid slouching. I crossed my legs as they did and tried to avoid exposing too much of my thighs. It wasn’t easy unless I sat upright but Em gave me a smile of approval.

Then George spoke to me to break the ice. ‘Em told me that she had a sister and a young nephew so where do you fit in to the family?’

Em was quicker than me. ‘She is my father’s brothers daughter and we were all raised in South London but we only met up at family gatherings. My sister and I were bridesmaids at her parents wedding.’

I nodded to try to confirm her explanation and then Em changed the subject. We had no reason to be untruthful or to mislead them but Em seemed quite enthusiastic about me having chance to experience some girly time whilst in Manchester but I’d already been interviewed as her niece by her friend and had been hired as me not as a female version.

They were then making arrangements for where we would meet up for lunch and they settled on an Asian restaurant called Wagamama’s for some healthy food and a glass of Pinot Grigio so we could share plates and relax. First we had some shopping to do so we split.

We only needed to walk about 50 yards to the venue planned by Em. ‘I can’t go in there. No way. That’s taking this too far.’

‘ It’s OK trust me.’

‘But it’s for women.’

‘Where does it say that? It’s a bra fitting shop for anybody.’

‘But I’ve got a bra and anyway I’m not stripping to be measured by a stranger.’

‘You don’t need to remove your bra and anyway it’s only on loan. It’s not the right fit for your comfort and I should know since I’ve worn a bra ever since I was fourteen. I am much fuller than you in the cup although you same to be the same chest size. You need to take care of your breasts.’

‘But Em I’m a boy not a girl and I shouldn’t have breasts. They could disappear as quickly as they grew.’

‘If that’s what you hope will happen then all the more reason to take care of them and provide the right support. You might get bigger yet and it’s OK whilst they are firm but if you fill out like I did within 12 months of my first training bra they need support. They bounce about a bit and you said you are going to exercise at the gym. A sports bra will help because you can’t keep binding them and crushing them. You don’t know what damage might occur. Also a good bra protects sensitive nipples and without a bra they will be more prominent. They get excited and sometimes sore. Come on let’s see what they recommend.

We entered the shop that was filled with all types and sizes of bras and matching knickers in every colour and shade imaginable. I felt like I’d entered a ladies lingerie cave that didn’t allow access to men. The shop was called Comforts and the owner was Caroline who greeted us and obviously sensed my reluctance to go right in. Em hooked my arm to prevent me leaving and Caroline invited us to sit at a small table to introduce her business and how it differed to the big stores by offering a personal service and keeping records. Just what I didn’t need.

After I accepted I was not going to be able to escape and our details were entered in her note book Caroline asked me to stand. There I was in full view whilst she took a tape measure and pulled my bra about as best she could under my top. ‘Mmm this is not the right fit for you and I actually recommend a padded bra in a softer material perhaps with underwire to give you some uplift. You’ll feel the benefit of the extra support and you don’t need a big cup at this stage. How old are you by the way? Are you still developing?’

I was almost speechless and I’m sure I was bright crimson by this time so Em responded on my behalf.

‘Look Kim if you don’t mind I’d like you to remove your top and come into the fitting room and I’ll bring you some alternatives for you to try. They’ll all have adjustable straps but perhaps you ought to consider returning in about a month and we’ll check if you need a change.’

I was resigned to the fact that there was no escape and could see that Em was looking at the range of bras that were padded and in minutes she was suggesting options. Once in the fitting room with Em I expressed my fear and embarrassment and she just giggled and said to just enjoy myself since it was a story to tell my friends in the future.

Caroline brought 4 bras and sat me down in front of the large mirror. Before I could lift a finger she’d unclipped my bra and asked me to remove it which I did. ‘See here the marks under your breasts from this badly fitting bra and the marks from the straps. I assure you that you will immediately feel the benefit of the right bra for you so let me fit this for you.’

Em chipped in to select a white one first that was a bit flowery rather than the black or blue plain ones. Caroline explained the underwire and the affect was immediate. My breasts were now lifted and seemed fuller. I was helpless as they discussed styles and different brands.

We purchased 5 bras in different colours together with matching knickers and I left the shop wearing the white one that I’d tried on with Em popping her bra into her bag. I had a large carrier bag to carry the wares advertising the shop. Em insisted I carried it and commented how much better I looked with a bit more up top.

It was already time to meet for lunch and as we walked along the mall to Wagamamas I couldn’t resist looking at reflection in shop windows. My bust looked the same size as Ems and I noticed a few male glances that unnerved me a little.

We could see that Amy and George had already arrived and they were each enjoying a glass of sparkling wine. They immediately focused on my carrier bag and made approving noises so I was encouraged to show them our selections. Both approved and I even had to show the straps of the bra I was wearing.

I noticed that there were 5 place settings and that I was positioned on the end. ‘Is somebody else joining us?’

Em nodded and said it was a very close girlfriend of hers who she’d known for a long time but she had been working and she’d decided to take a 2 hour lunch break. She told me to make the best of a Saturday lunch break since now I was a confirmed employee at the liesure centre after my trial weekends were classed as normal working days. I’d already realized that to me but it wasn’t a problem since I was a stranger in Manchester with no friends. But on the other hand I was already socializing with Em and her friends that a new experience in more ways than one.

We looked at the menu and ordered sparkling wines for Em and I and more or less agreed what food we’d like to share. Em had a message to say we should order and not wait for her girlfriend but the waitress just supplied a few snacks and delayed a bit.

‘Here she is.’ They all stood up and I turned my head. It was Bec’s my boss at the Leisure Centre. ‘Hi everybody sorry I’m late. Hi Kim, Oh you do look nice today. Welcome to lunch with the gang of four.’

up
238 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looking Forward

Thanks for the feedback regarding the status of "Finding Julia". I'm enjoying this series and looking forward to where you are taking this one. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Again

For your confidence in me. I rarely know where I'm going. When I'm driving I rely on my GPS.
On this site I tend to rely on the hits, feedback and the kudos to motivate me that then inspires me to get into character. Sometimes it works better than others.

Jules

Seems to me like...

Mantori's picture

... this is a set up. Kim's boss arriving and all.

Well sometimes it is true that we need a little push to embrace our true natures.

Even in my life I had 'that' friend who did it for me, although I was so 'hidden' she had to play a little dirty to get to my truth.

"Life in general is a fuck up,
but it is the rare moments of beauty and peace
in between the chaos,
That makes it worth living."
- Tertia Hill

A little Push Back

You should write your story.

Jules

Yes you are right...

Mantori's picture

... I should.

And I am busy with parts of it. Maybe, just maybe I will post some auto-biographical pieces in the near future. But, I am really a perfectionist when it comes to writing, and editing takes me forever.

"Life in general is a fuck up,
but it is the rare moments of beauty and peace
in between the chaos,
That makes it worth living."
- Tertia Hill

Go for it

You can pretend it's somebody else and don't worry about it being 100% accurate. If it's a story rather than an auto-biography you won't need to worry about editing. I'd love to hear your story. I'm sure others would too.

Jules

I'm glad you continued this story.

WillowD's picture

I'd never seen it before. I went back and started it from the beginning. It's a fun read.

Thanks I was remis

For letting this story sleep. It was a bit of fun when I started it yet it's a story that earned me the highest kudos for chapters alongside a favourite of mine called 'One of the Girls.' I never intended writing stories when I joined the site. I found it a great way to relieve pressure by letting my mind wonder after recalling images of my real life experiences and thinking of the people I'd known or met casually. Some stories were just a bit of fun that I wrote completely off the cuff. Several others are in my favourite box regardless of the hits or the kudos.

Jules

Boss

I wonder how much her boss is in on this?

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Something really strange going on

Jamie Lee's picture

Em has told Kim it's just a bit of fun every time Kim gets upset about the shops Em takes him into or the clothing she has Kim try on, buy, or wear.

And now Em has had Kim measured for a properly fitting bra, explaining, or using as a reason, Kim's breasts need proper support, even though Kim tries to reason they may go away in time--Kim needs to throw that hope out the window since he's only seen an increase and not a decrease in the size of his breasts.

It is no coincidence that Bec was one of the women Em and Kim were having lunch with, just as it wasn't a coincidence that Em took Kim to buy a proper fitting bra, and insisted Kim wear the pushup one they purchased.

Bec corrected herself during the initial meeting with Kim when asking about his bust, um, chest size. Bec already saw how feminine Kim looked even before Em started having a bit of fun dressing Kim.

Now because of Em, and because Bec sees how good Kim looks now, his claiming to be male has gone completely out the window at the Center. From now on, Kim will only be seen as a woman and will be given a different swimsuit at work.

What is Em really trying to do with Kim?

Others have feelings too.

The links

are all messed up, this chapter links into chapter 47 and chapter 48 shows up as the first chapter. Not sure if you are the one to fix it, or if I should let Erin know, but I thought you would want to be informed