The New Recruits Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Gina looks over the application that was handed to her. It was from a group called the Golden Eagle Squad. Their symbol looked like the SHIELD symbol, but the Eagle was black, and the background was gold. The team consisted of eight members. The leader of the group was named Stanley Underwood, Age: 25, Hair: Dark Brown, Eye Color: Brown, Height: 5’ 11”, Weight: 180 lbs. He had a full-time job working for an investment company. Mother was a nurse and his father own the investment company he worked for. His father was a former Marine and was highly decorated.

The Second in charge of their group was Tammy Beck. Age: 21, Eye color: Hazel, Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde, Height: 5’, Weight: 95lbs. National Origin: white. Gina knew that name from somewhere. She continues to read her information. Her mother was a retired San Diego Police Detective. Her father Daniel Beck was a retired Navy Seal. He used to be on Seal Team 6. She worked for a Gunshop called Shooters.

Then Gina sees it. The reason she knew Tammy Beck. Tammy was a well-known competition shooter. She has been winning first place since the age of fourteen. She was also an extreme sports competitor as well. She is currently dating an FBI SWAT officer. She has four brothers, two are in the military and the other two are police officers. One is a Detective with San Diego Police department, while the other one is a SWAT officer.

The next member of the team was Greg Davenport Age: 23, Hair Color: Light Brown, Eye Color: Grey, Height: 5’ 7”, Weight: 120 lbs. National Origins: White, His occupation: weapons designer for The FX Shop. His father was a former Navy officer. His mother worked for an insurance company.

David Adams Age: 26, Hair Color: Black, Eye Color: Brown, Height: 5’ 8”, Weight: 210 lbs., National Origin: White, Profession: lawyer, weight lifter and professional blade competitor. Also, extreme sports competitor like Tammy. His mother was retired from the army and his father owns a heavy equipment company.

Dave Hampton Age: 22, Hair Color: Black, Eye Color: Blue, Height: 5’ 9”, Weight: 135 lbs. National Origin: Irish American. Profession: Race Car Driver/Mechanic, also has a full-time job with Jerry’s race world. Parents: Kathy Hampton: secretary, Father owns a Lawn care service company.

Jerry Steele Age: 23, Hair Color: N/A(bald), Eye Color: Hazel, Height: 5’ 6”, Weight: 120 lbs. National Origin: Arabic American. Profession: MMA fighter, Extreme Sports competitor, Professional archery competitor, and Knife competitor. Parents: Dorothy Steele retail clerk for Katherine Dress World, Father: Bruce Steele, Truck Driver.

Zak Tanaka Age: 22, Hair Color: Black, Eye color: Brown, Height: 5’ 4” Weight: 110 lbs., National Origin: Japanese American, Profession: Amateur Stage Magician performer, Martial Arts Instructor, Extreme Sports Competitor. Parents: Keikain Tanaka, father of former Stage Magician performer in Japan, Mother: Yaguchi Tanaka, former stage assistant, Restaurant owner, and nail salon.

Becky Hayes Age: 20, Hair Color: Dirty Blonde, but dyes its neon pink, Eye color: Hazel, Height: 5’2” Weight: 102 lbs., National Origin: Puerto Rican, Profession: hacker, freelance computer specialist, extreme sports competitor. Graduated high school at age 16. Parents: Dylan Molina warehouse forklift driver, Alondra Molina High school librarian. Siblings: has an older brother and an older sister. Brother works with their father and sister is a flight attendant with United.

Their team had signed up for the paramilitary course her father owned and operated in Scotland. The same one she trained at. She checks their background reports and finds that none of them have any serious criminal offense except Becky. She was arrested along with several others for hacking into Homeland Security computers. She was never officially charged, but they believe she was responsible for the hack.

Their names had been run through Interpol and the CIA. If the CIA only knew her company had back-door access to their records. She had Mouse run their names through MI 5 & 6 records and they came back cleaned.

She sends an email to the Commandant of the training facilities informing him that she is sending eight new recruits to be trained. All releases have been signed and emergency contact information was recorded. She checks their passport information and all of it was up to date.

She enjoyed her time at the training camp. Sure, it was cold as hell when she went through, but she did have fun. She makes arrangement for the team to be flown to Montana. She figures since she and her father were going to New York and meeting up with Anika and her team. Why not have them fly with them.

She glances at the time on her computer monitor and notices it was getting close to the time she had to pick the girls up at school. She finishes making arrangement to have the Golden Eagle teamed picked up. She sends all of them an email explaining what they would be allowed to bring with them and how long they will be gone.

Once Gina was done with that part of her work. She gathers her purse and beef jerky for Cadmus. She looks down at her faithful companion
“you ready to go home, boy?” As she hands the beef jerky in her hand to Cadmus.

Cadmus chops the beef jerky and follows Gina out to the hummer and jumps in. Gina puts the hummer into gear and drives towards the girl’s school. She spots the girls standing and waiting for her. She pulls up to the curb.

Haylee hops into the passenger seat and hugs Cadmus. Cadmus tolerates Haylee hugging him. Alyona gets in first, then Arabella and finally Silvia.

“How was your day, girls?” Gina looks in her rearview mirror at the girls.

“It was fine mom.” Arabella looks at her mother’s eyes.

“Silvia got caught kissing her boyfriend.” Haylee was giggling.

Silvia blushes from her cousin teasing her. She didn’t think she would be attracted to someone after what was done to her.

“Haylee, stop teasing your aunt.” Gina looks over towards Haylee.

“Yes, ma’am.” Gina knew how Silvia felt.

She didn’t think she would be attracted to Arnold, but he got past her defenses and into her heart. She knew how Silvia felt and she hopes the boy she is in love with, doesn’t hurt her. Gina drops Haylee at her grandfather’s house along with Alyona and Silvia.

“Haylee, your mother will pick you up when she gets off work. Your other mother says she’ll be home in two days.” Gina knew Christmas had to fly out to Florida because her father was in the hospital from a heart attack.

“Okay, Auntie.” Haylee gets out and heads towards the house.

“Thanks, Sis.” Alyona and Silvia follow behind Haylee.

They watch as all the wolves on the porch and her little collie come running to her. Alyona looks at Silvia “I can’t believe all the wolves like her more than us.”

“Dad said she was good with animals. They seem to just like her.” Silvia watches as Roxy jumps around her human.

Arabella watches as her aunts and cousin head into her grandfather’s house. The wolves and the border collie follow Haylee. She couldn’t wait to get home and play with Trigger.

Gina takes the short cut from her father’s property, over towards her place. She pulls up next to Arnold’s Black Range Rover.

“Come on kiddo, lets head inside and see if your father has burned the place down.” Gina gets out of the hummer and head inside.

Arabella follows behind her mother. Just as she walks into the house, Trigger jumps on her.

“Hey girl, have you been good?” As she heads towards the kitchen where her mother keeps the treats for Cadmus and Trigger.

Arnold spots his wife and daughter coming in. The dinner he was working on was almost ready. A smile appears on his face as he watches Gina walk towards him.

“Hey, sweetie.” Arnold gives Gina a kiss.

Gina returns the kiss. She was happy to see her husband.

“Hey, you.” She hangs her purse on the stool on the other side of the counter.

Arabella heads upstairs with Trigger following her to her bedroom. She puts her backpack on the back of her computer chair. She changes out of her school uniform and into a pair of blue jeans and a t-shirt with Wonder Woman on it. She grabs her fur-lined jean jacket and heads back downstairs to take Trigger outside.

“Mom! I’m heading outside.” As she slips on her boots.

“Alright, sweetie.” Gina and Arnold watch as Arabella heads outside with Trigger.

Outside the House:
Arabella looks around for a stick for Trigger to fetch. She had one left over from yesterday she was playing with Trigger with. She finds where Trigger dropped it and picks it up.

“Fetch, girl.” As she throws the stick for Trigger.

Trigger chases after the stick as it flies. She jumps up and catches it in her mouth. She has gotten bigger since they came back from Florida. She was half the size of Cadmus.

Arnold and Gina watched as Arabella played with Trigger outside. They had the security cameras on to watch Arabella as she played with Trigger.

“You know, this feels like we're spying on Arabella.” Arnold looks towards his wife.

“We’re not spying. We’re making sure she is safe. Plus, Arabella knows we turn the cameras on when she is outside playing with Trigger.” Gina stands on her tip toes and gives Arnold a kiss.

“I’m going to go and change.” As Gina walks off with a little wiggle to her walk.

A smile forms on Arnold’s face as he watches as Gina walks off. He liked the fact that they had gotten married and was living together. He was also proud of Arabella. She had accepted him and didn’t flinch around him like she uses to. He didn’t take it personally.

Gina explained what happened to her and was asked not to take it personally. He works on getting dinner and looks up when he hears the front door open. Cadmus had looked up from his pillow when Arabella and Trigger came walking in.

Tammy Beck’s house, San Diego, California:

Tammy looks down into her boyfriend's eyes as she rode him. Normally, she would be the one handcuffed and spread eagle to the bedpost. However, today she wanted control and talked her boyfriend into letting her handcuff him to the bedpost.

Jason looks up into Tammy’s eyes as she bounced up and down on him. He loved watching her breasts bounce as she rode him. He couldn’t get over how sexually active she was. He didn’t mind trying some of the things she wanted too.

He came home early and found her dancing around in the nude. She had the music turned up loud and her eyes closed as she danced. She was only a little surprised to see him when she opened her eyes.

The next thing he knew, she was on him and taking his clothes off. He managed to get her to stop for a few minutes and move the lovemaking to their bedroom. She managed to talk him into letting her handcuff him to the bed.

They continue for the next twenty to thirty minutes. Tammy collapses on top of his chest. She was hot, sweaty and sore from bouncing up and down on Jason. She had unlocked the handcuffs restraining Jason arms.

Jason wraps his arms around Tammy and holds her against his sweat-soaked body. He rubs her back and kisses her forehead.

“Are you satisfied?” As he rubs her spine.

“Oh, yes.” Tammy looks up and kisses Jason’s chin.

She wiggles free from his arms and gets up off the bed. She opens the bottle of wine they kept in the bedroom and pours herself a glass and a glass for Jason.

As she hands the glass to Jason “our team is going on a training exercise and we’ll be gone for sixteen weeks.”

Jason nearly spits the wine out of his nose. He looks at Tammy “you’re going to be gone for sixteen weeks? Where are you going and who is providing the training?”

“I and my team are going to Scotland and the company providing the training is called Cerberus Private Security Contractor. Since you and everyone else feel me and my team shouldn’t be out stopping bank robberies. We got together and decided to get extra training and maybe join Cerberus as employees.” Tammy finishes off her wine.

“Why Scotland and what do you know about this company?” Jason gets out of bed and walks over to Tammy.

“Scotland is where the training facilities are, and Cerberus Private Security Contractors are well established and has a very good reputation. Stanley did some digging around and found out that the company is owned by a company named Chaos Armory. They have several government contracts with England, Ireland and a few other European countries.” Tammy couldn’t believe what Stanley found.

“All that could had been made-up.” Jason was suspicious about the company.

“Well if it is made-up. They are sending a private plane out to pick me and my friend’s up.” Tammy shows Jason the email she got from the company.

Jason reads it and grabs his cellphone and calls a friend of his at the office. He listens as they research the company. He looks at Tammy as she stood nearby and sip on her third glass of wine.

Tammy looks at her boyfriend as she sips her glass of wine. She was only paying half attention to what Jason was doing. Stanley had already done a background check on the company. The President of the Armor company and the owner of the Private Security company was a Gina Bounty. Her picture was on the company website. The email she received this afternoon was from her as well.

Tammy takes the empty wine bottle and walks into the kitchen to retrieve another bottle. She was going to miss this for sixteen weeks. That’s not counting if they will have a job waiting for them once they graduate.

She grabs another bottle of wine from the wine cabinet and opens it. She pours herself another glass. Just as she takes a sip from her fourth glass of wine, Jason comes walking in.

Jason had gotten the information he needed from his friend at the office and went looking for Tammy. He found her in the kitchen opening another bottle of wine they had bought the other day.

“Aren’t you hitting the bottle a little hard?” As he puts the cork back into the bottle.

“Maybe, but then again, I won’t have access to any wine, liquor or beer for sixteen weeks. So, I want to get in as much as I can.” Tammy licks her lips as she looks at Jason.

She walks up and starts kissing Jason. They end up going back to the bedroom and going at it like rabbits They finally end up falling asleep in each other’s arms.

Departure Day 0500hrs., Montgomery-Gibbs Executive Airport, San Diego, California:
Tammy looks at all her teammates as they stood around waiting for the private plane, they were told was coming for them. Most of them weren’t fully awake yet.

“Are you sure that were supposed to be here?” Dave looks towards Tammy for an answer.

“I sent you a copy of the email I got, Dave.” Tammy takes a sip of her coffee.

“I think this is our plane.” Stanley had been watching for their plane.

“Good, I need some more shut eye.” Becky covers up a yawn.

The Lear Jet that just landed and was pulling up to them, come to a stop. A fuel truck pulls up to it and starts refueling. The door opens and a woman wearing a white short sleeve shirt and black dress pants with red hair exist the plane. She walks over towards Tammy and her friends.

“Hi, I’m Patricia and I’ll be your pilot. Let’s go ahead and get your bags and gear loaded onto the plane.” Patricia escorts Tammy and her team to the plane.

“Here, we’ll help you load the plane.” David and Greg give Patricia a hand loading the plane.

Once the plane was fueled and load. Patricia shuts the door and looks towards everyone.

“We have one more stop to make. So, make yourself comfortable. There are refreshments on the plane if you would like a snack or coffee refill. Also, there is a bathroom at the rear of the plane.” Patricia was told to pick these people up first and then fly to pick Jack and Gina up.

Tammy and Stanley couldn’t believe this. They were going to stop and pick-up someone else up.

“I’m going to get some shut eye.” Zak finds a nice comfortable spot and closes his eyes.

Greg pulls out a crossword puzzle book and starts working on a crossword. Dave and David play some video games against each other, while Tammy and Stanley go over what they knew. All of them were looking forward to the training.

Becky curls up in one of the chairs and falls sleep as well.

Two and half hours later:
Patricia lands at Jack’s private airstrip. She notices that Jack and his daughter Gina was standing near the hangar waiting for her. The people in back look out the windows to see where they were. Tammy and Stanley notice they were at a private airstrip.

“I wonder who we are picking up?” Tammy looks towards the door once the plane came to a stop.

A few seconds later, the door opens and an oriental woman dress in a nice business suit climbs in. A few seconds behind her, a huge muscular gentleman with some grey in his black short hair comes aboard. He was wearing a black business suit.

“Well, hello. I’m Gina Bounty and this is my father Mr. Jack Bounty. We’ll be flying with you to New York. Once we are there. Patricia will refuel and take you guys to our training facilities in Scotland. Also, if you have any question on route, I can answer them for you.” Gina takes a seat among Tammy and her teammates as Jack heads up to the co-pilot seat.

Patricia turns the plane around and takes off towards New York.

up
210 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like the

Samantha Heart's picture

People who got mistaken for police are going to be put through their paces & may even spend a year in country with one of the other teams already in afganastan & Iraq.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

And the much damned editor comes out again.

Apparently having posted once today it's causing a loss of control and the freaking editor in my head comes out. I apologise in advance.

It's also important that I prefix this with the fact that I've been reading and heck CHARTING the plot lines of your incredibly braided and elegantly crafted stories. The next bit is not a complaint about your story telling, it's a comment on your copy editor.

You've chosen to write in the absolutely most difficult to manage POV that any author can choose. Omniscient-present-tense-third-person is hard. No, it's VERY hard. It's your style and your voice and I would do nothing to change it but sometimes as I'm reading along I get dropped completely out of the readers trance when tense or POV changes jerk the editor up and shut the reader down.

I'm going to do one short example from this episode of this story WHICH I ENJOYED because if I don't the editor isn't going to let me sleep tonight. This isn't a copy-edit of the story, just a snatch so I can explain what keeps happening to me.

Here's the quote from the story:

A smile forms on Arnold’s face as he watches as Gina walks off. He liked the fact that they had gotten married and was living together. He was also proud of Arabella. She had accepted him and didn’t flinch around him like she uses to. He didn’t take it personally.
.

Gina explained what happened to her and was asked not to take it personally. He works on getting dinner and looks up when he hears the front door open. Cadmus had looked up from his pillow when Arabella and Trigger came walking in.

Here's the edit:

A smile forms on Arnold’s face as he watches Gina walk off. He likes the fact that they had gotten married and were living together. He was also proud of Arabella. She had accepted him and didn’t flinch around him like she used to. Even when she had he hadn't taken it personally. Gina had explained what had happened to her and asked him not to take it personally.
.

He works on getting dinner and looks up when he hears the front door open. Cadmus also looked up from his pillow when Arabella and Trigger came walking in.

What? Why?

"as he watches as Gina walks off" -- way too complex plus two "as"s in one sentence just sounds weird. "as he watches Gina walk off" is still present tense in both Arnold's and Gina's actions but the sentence is now about Arnold's reaction to Gina's action instead of trying to have two subjects.

"had gotten married and was living together." -- I hope that's a typo, Clearly they were living together. He was living with her. English still has singular and plural case. It's a pretty stripped down language but it still has that.

"like she uses to." -- I assume that's just a typo.

"He didn't take it personally." -- that's the one that broke the reader's trance. Arabella is not flinching NOW. Arnold is recalling Arabella's flinches in the past and recalling that EVEN THEN he hadn't taken it personally. As he's standing there cooking dinner there's nothing for him to take personally. Thus the edit "Even then he hadn't taken it personally."

Then, an inappropriate paragraph break. We haven't changed subject yet. Gina telling him about Arabella's past is part of the same subject and merges into this paragraph. Also, Gina isn't explaining what happened to Arabella NOW. Arnold is remembering that Gina HAD explained it to him in the past, and that's why he hadn't taken the flinches personally BACK THEN. The tense HAS to be past for this sentence.

NOW the paragraph break and the final edit. If everything else about the actions going on in and around Arnold are in present tense then why does Cadmus suddenly drop into past-perfect. Why is it that Cadmus HAD looked up?

Ok, way WAY too much about two little paragraphs in a long long story, but despite the fact that I enjoy your stories and will now shut up and quit complaining I just finally had to do this.

Sorry.