Avenging Angel Chap. 17

Printer-friendly version

Gypsy sat back in her chair and worked on the new control modules she had constructed. She and Pat had worked throughout the night for the past few days converting and redesigning the armors they capture. They had to do some rewiring and added new audio, video, and optics to the helmets her and Nathan had damage.

On top of that, she had to construct two new gauss rifles and make rounds for them. The only time she or Pat took a break was to grab something to eat and used the bathroom. Her vision was becoming blurry as she solders the last connection.

The commander of the base had sent them three people to help and wear the other two suits of armor. She puts her soldering iron in its holder and glances over towards Patrick. She noticed he had fallen asleep at his workbench. They made another drone to work with their first one.

Specialist Roberts knocks and enters the command center. He had been assigned by the base commander to work with Gypsy Lapp and her partner Patrick Miller. They needed someone who could track and find the radio frequency the suits of armors had been operating on.

He walks over to Gypsy and notices she had finished the last control module. All that needed to be done, was to install it in the armor and link it to the armor's systems.

“Gypsy, why don’t you go and lay down and get some sleep. I’ll handle installing these control modules.” Roberts had learned from Gypsy how the suits worked.

Sergeant Johnson and Chief Warrant Officer Burns were due to arrive soon. Nathan was on his way with the original suit. He gave them a rundown on how the suit worked. Robert knew a fourth suit was planned for him, but it was going to have things in it to help him with his job.

“I think I will.” Gypsy gets up from her chair and walks over to a camp style bed and crashes on it.

She had to be careful because of her shoulder. She learned that there were only a few ways she could sleep without waking up screaming in pain. Gypsy falls fast asleep. After being up for three days straight working on the suits and upgrading them. Her body was ready to shut down.

Robert walks over and picks up the control module and check Gypsy’s work. He wanted to make sure she hadn’t made any mistakes while working on the circuit board. He knew each of these boards were handmade.

Robert hears the door opens and watches as Nathan, Sergeant Johnson and Chief Warrant Officer Burns come walking in. Sergeant Johnson and Chief Warrant Officer Burns had coffee. Nathan was still wearing his armor.

“Looks like they finally passed out.” He spotted Gypsy on the camp style bed and Patrick slumped over his work station.

“Gypsy finally passed out ten minutes ago. The control module she was working on, is finished and I’m installing it in Johnson’s armor.” Robert finishes installing the control module and runs the start-up program.

“So, we now have three running suits?” Nathan walks over to check the other two suits.

“Yep, now Sharon and Dominic can finally join you for training.” Robert sits down at the monitors.

Nathan looks at the sleeping forms of Gypsy and Patrick. He walks over and checks on the two of them.

“Suit up.” Nathan changes out his battery pack for a fresh one.

He helps Sharon and Dominic with putting on their armor. He looks at Sharon to see if the armor was to tight around her chest.

“How does it feel around your chest area?”

“Fine, the kinetic suit is helping to compress and support my breasts.” Sharon and Gypsy had to work out how tight to make the kinetic suit, to support her breasts.

When she is wearing the armor, you couldn’t tell there was a woman underneath the armor. She wasn’t big in the chest, but they still needed to compress her breasts to make the armor fit properly or construct a new chest piece just for her. Since they only needed a few inches, Sharon could live with her chest compressed some.

“Alright, let's go to the training field and begin training.” Nathan opens the command center door and starts heading out.

“I’ll monitor you guys from here.” Robert sits down in Patrick’s chair and turns the monitoring equipment on.

The bio-monitors built into each suit comes online and so does the communication links. Robert makes a few adjustments to the link, so it is more secure.

“Alright, let the games commence.” Robert listens as Nathan walks Sergeant Johnson and Chief Warrant Officer Burns through their armor and weapon system.

“Come on Sharon, work with the suit, don’t fight it. It’s meant to amplify your natural physical abilities.” Nathan was watching as Sharon was learning how the suit moved.

Sharon finally realizes what the suit wanted to do and once she had that in mind. She was able to do the exercise Nathan had them doing.

“Nathan, why aren’t we carrying conventional weapons?”

“Because those gauss rifles you guys are using, can shoot further and conceal your hiding place better.” Robert had asked Gypsy that same question.

“Also, unless you want to carry extra weight. The gauss rifles are lighter, and you can carry more ammo for it then a normal weapon.” Nathan has come to enjoy his gauss rifle.

Robert was listening to the conversation going on between Nathan, Burns, and Johnson when the police scanner in the command center squeaks alive about an armored car being robbed.

“Guys, our fakers are at it again. Do you want to intercept or sit this one out?” Robert didn’t know if Sharon and Dominic were ready for this.

They have only had five hours of training on their suits. He looks towards the new jet packs they got in for the other two armors.

“We’re going, Robert. Give us the coordinates.” Nathan figures it was time for the rookies to see how these suits work.

“Roger. Opening jet pack bay.” Robert opens the bay and watches as Nathan helps attach the winged jet packs.

“Sending drones and linking them to your armor Nathan.” Robert glances over to the drones and watches as they came alive.

He opens the roof access and watches as the drones hover out and follow the three suits of armor. Nathan switches them to observation mode.

“How are you enjoying the flight, Sharon and Dominic?”

“It’s a little discerning, but I could get used to this.” Dominic liked it.

“I’m with Dominic on this, Nathan.” Sharon felt a little strange, but she was enjoying the fact she was flying.

“Guys keep the armored fighting as long as you can, so I can triangulate where the signal is coming from.” Robert reaches over and turns his radio equipment on.

“Gotcha.”

The security guards from the armor car spot three more suits like the one attacking them. They watch as the three land and surround the other armor person.

“Let it make some sort of move. We need to capture the signal they are using.” Nathan moves just in time as the other armor fires at him.

“That’s no problem.” Sharon tackles the other armor. It wasn’t quick enough to react.

The two of them fall to the ground and then Sharon is tossed to the side of it. Burns aims at the knee of the armor but misses and hits just below it. The flechette goes through the armor and into the asphalt.

Robert was watching and searching for the signal. He finally finds it “guys, let the armor escape. I have the control frequency.”

“Give me the location of their control van.” Nathan had an idea.

Robert sends the information to Nathan.

Nathan receives it and sends the information to the drone. He watches on his screen as the drone spots a black UPS style delivery truck. He fires a tracking dart at the top of it.

The armored figure they came after drop the money and watches as it runs off. Burns and Johnson were about to follow it.

“Leave it. The drone has tagged the van, so we can follow it back to where ever they are hiding.” Nathan wanted to capture them and find out who was behind the attacks.

“I got the frequency as well, so we can jam it.” Robert looks at the frequency and notices it was a Russian encryption protocol they were using.

up
203 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Of course the ruskies

Samantha Heart's picture

Who else would be funding this? They can develop it & sell it off to other countries like North Korea, Afganastan, & groups like isis &;Talaban.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.