The New Recruits Part 2

Printer-friendly version

0500hrs, Glenborrodale, Scotland
Drill Sergeant Winter had a gleam in his eyes as he goes into the barracks and starts banging on the trash can. All the new recruits that had signed up for training had finally arrived late last night. Some of them had only had four hours of sleep. He keeps banging on the trash cans until everyone was awake.

“Alright you maggots, I want you out in formation in five minutes.” Sergeant Winter makes sure everyone is up before he heads outside to wait for them.

Becky fell out of her bunk and onto the floor. She was still half asleep and confused where she was.

“Get a move on Becky. We signed up for this.” Dave walks over to her and helps her off the floor.

He was already dressed and ready to go outside and get into formation. He quickly gets Becky dress and the two of them are the last to get in line. Dave noticed they had a lot of people in their training group. There had to be at least twelve women among the fifty people that had been in the barracks with them.

He and his friends were surprised to learn, that the barracks were co-ed. That included the showers and bathrooms as well. As he is standing in formation, there were two other drill sergeants that they haven’t met yet outside with Drill Sergeant Winter.

One was a tall African American woman that was fairly built. She looked like she played American football or something. The other drill sergeant was an Asian guy that looked to be in his late forties or fifties, maybe. He looked like someone you didn’t want to mess with.

They are led through warm-up exercises consisted of jumping jacks, sit-ups, push-ups and finally into a five-mile run. By the time the group got back. They were shown how to stretched to cool down.

Becky looks over at her teammates to see how they were doing. She knew Tammy wouldn’t be bothered by the running. Neither was Stanley, but Dave and Greg were like her, exhausted. The rest of her friends were so-so.

Tammy spots Dave, and Greg laying on the cold ground “get up guys. Laying down isn’t helping you.”

“But were exhausted, Tammy.” Dave moves slowly as he gets up.

“She’s right, guys.” Becky comes walking over. She was a little paler than she normally was

“Are you alright, Becky?” Tammy was concerned about her friend.

“I’m fine. We better hurry and get breakfast or we aren’t going to get any.” Becky leads the way to the mess hall.

Tammy looks for some coffee, but the only thing they have is either milk, juice or yogurt. She spots they have egg, bacon, hash browns, toast, fruit, and porridge.

“What? No coffee?” Tammy wanted a cup of coffee.

“Not here young lady. Not till you finish the course. Now, get your breakfast.” Captain Burghoff had spotted the new recruits standing around talking.

“Yes, sir.” As Tammy and her group grab their food and head towards a table.

“Well, well, well. It looks like the youngsters have finally joined us.” Oliver Jones had been observing the youngsters since they arrived late at night the other day.

He wonders who had hired them or paid for them to come to this training camp. He couldn’t believe how young they looked.

Becky looks over towards the guy that spoke to them “better watch it old man. We can do stuff you old folks have never seen.”

“We’ll see how you kids do.” Oliver finishes his breakfast and heads out to the training field.

Casey was standing out by the gun range waiting for the new batch of recruits to show up. She hated leaving Leslie in the dark about what she’ll be doing for the next two weeks, but those were the rules her cousin had for the training facilities.

She watches as the group came down to her and her assistant. She had all the weapons laid out for them to shoot. She was going to see who the best shooters were in the group and see who she had to help.

“Good morning recruits. I am Specialist Holland, and this is my assistant Specialist Hickok. We will be your instructors for the next two weeks. Today, we are going to see how proficient you are with a gun. The guns we will be using here at the range are Glock 17. We will be doing this in four groups of twelve, with the last group having fourteen shooters. Now, I am going to choose the first twelve. Specialist Hickok will choose the second group.” Casey walks among the group and chooses twelve random people.

Tammy and Greg are two of the ones that were chosen along with Oliver and two people from his group. Tammy goes and takes the first position with Oliver next to her.

“You ready to learn how to shoot, little girl?” Oliver looks towards Tammy.

A smile appears on Tammy’s face. These guns might not be her XD’s but she was a surgeon with a gun. She couldn’t wait to demonstrate how much of a surgeon she was.

“All rules will be followed on my gun range. There are shooting glasses on the table before you. Put them on before you fire the gun.” Casey walks up to Tammy.

“Go ahead and fire.” Casey steps back to observe Tammy.

Tammy picks up the first magazine and slides it into the gun. She slides the slide back and chambers a round. She takes aim and fires the
Glock. She places all the rounds from the gun in the same spot. She drops the first magazine out and slides home the second magazine and hits the same spot as before. Once the gun was empty, she puts the gun down.

Casey looks at Tammy and couldn’t believe how well she did “Where did you learn to shoot?”

“I’m a National Match medal winner. I’ve won every year since I was 14yrs. old at Camp Perry.” Tammy had a smile on her face when she looked at Oliver.

Oliver couldn’t believe a youngster was a better shot than he was. He also couldn’t believe that same youngster was a medal winner from Camp Perry either. He vows that by the time their training was over, he was going to be better than this youngster.

Specialist Hickok had spotted several others in the group that didn’t need any additional gun training and figures they would be excellent cadets for the next phase of training. She walks up to Casey and leans in towards her “there is at least four more I spotted that could move on.”

“Alright, separate them from the group and let’s see who else can move on.” Casey didn’t want to waste their time or her own.

“Do you want to move the medal winner as well to the next phase?”

“Yes, let's see how good she is.” Casey found this interesting and was wondering how Leslie was doing on her first day.

“Alright, first group move back. Second group move forward and load your weapon.” Casey walks down the line and helping who needed help.

While Casey is supervising the next group and the reloading of the guns. Sarah removes the six shooters that had done well and has them stand away from the others. She wonders who from the second group would be selected.

Greg was among the first group that had been selected. He leans towards Tammy “you know, both of those specialists are cute.”

“True, but we’re not here to get boyfriends or girlfriends. You heard what the drill instructor said about relationships and what would happen if anyone is caught having sex. Its an automatic expulsion and forfeit of the money we paid. Also, did you notice the way specialist Holland and specialist Hickok carry themselves? I bet those two are trained assassins.” Tammy watched how they moved and how they were always aware of what was going on around them.

“Well, this is a paramilitary training camp. My question is, why is it here in Scotland.” That had been a question he wishes he had asked Gina.

A curly red hair teenage girl had been standing near Tammy and Greg and heard the question. She leans towards the two of them “because the family that owns this place are from here. Also, most of them are either British military or British Security Service.”

Tammy looks at the girl. She looked younger than Becky.

“How young are you?” Tammy couldn’t help but ask.

“How young do you think I am?” Sophie had a mischievous smile on her face.

“Fifteen or so.”

“Nope, I’m actually twenty-two years old. But my body hasn’t caught up to my actual age. Oh, by the way, I’m Sophie Ann Bounty.” Sophie extends her hand out to shake theirs.

“Are you related to Mr. Jack Bounty and his daughter Gina Bounty?” As Greg shakes her hand.

Tammy shakes Sophie’s hand as well. She notices that Sophie had one green eye and one blue eye.

“They are my uncle and cousin.” Sophie didn’t know her uncle was sending people to the training camp this month.

“Your uncle and cousin? How many are there of you guys?” Greg was wondering how big the Bounty family was.

“That is a secret, Mr. Davenport.” Sophie just smiles as she walks off to join her group of shooters.

up
220 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another Bounty

Samantha Heart's picture

Joing the group lol. I think all of them (a fair majority) will be going & I'm sure Cheshire may send a few of her clan as well.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Sophie Bounty

isn't like her American cousins or Casey. She's different as you'll learn more about her.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

So what happens

if the student can teach the master?

They move

On to the next challenge. The training program is designed in several levels to see what the recruit needs to learn.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Glock 17's

Camp Perry National Match winner huh. Any fleas on a fly's ass better be careful.

Learning the truth

Jamie Lee's picture

Those taking the training course are strong in their particular field, but are about to learn where their weak points are and if they have what it takes to stay the course.

Others have feelings too.