Summer with Em - Part 15

Printer-friendly version

1842239-health-club-girl-in-a-gym-doing-weight-lifting.jpg

Summer with Em - Part 15

By Julie D Cole

Bec’s smiled at me as I opened the bedroom door because I knocked first out of politeness. I couldn’t resist a peek and I noticed that Em was snuggled up under the sheets. She heard us and peered out and pulled herself up to lean on one elbow. I heard a sleepy acknowledgement of our presence ‘ Hi Kim.’

Bec’s passed her tea and she took a sip. Without make-up and with ruffled hair I could see the close resemblance to mum. Bec’s jumped in beside her and it was clear that they weren’t ready to get up yet. I decided it was a good opportunity to shower and I collected a bag soaps, shampoos, conditioners and found some ladyshave razors and shaving foam in the bathroom cabinet.

I decided to de-fuzz my legs because of Em’s threat of waxing that sounded painful. I sat on the side of the bath and covered my legs with foam and worked my way from top to bottom one leg at a time. It wasn’t easy especially at the back but at least I didn’t cut or nick myself. I showered to rinse away any soap residue and stepped out to dry myself. They were smooth and looked much more feminine especially after I applied soothing lotion. I wrapped a small towel around my head as I’d seen mum do many times and wrapped a large bath towel around my body covering my bust and tucked it to hold it in position. I moved through to sit on my bed and opened my drawers to select a bra and pantie set.

There was a knock on the door and Em entered to thank me for preparing the tea and to apologise if they’d disturbed me after I’d gone to bed because they were chatting and giggling for ages. It seemed more than that but I didn’t say anything.

She sat on the bed and looked down at my legs as I crossed them that caused the towel to open slightly despite me holding it.

‘Oh you’ve de-fuzzed. No need for me to arrange a wax yet then?’

No I was a bit nervous because as well as the pain I didn’t think it could be done without the risk of my boy bits showing.’

‘We could have dealt with that so no need to worry. Hair removal by waxing is much more effective and it lasts much longer. So I never shave unless I miss an appointment that is rare. Bec’s ensures I go regularly around the same time as her so she sorts it out with the salon where you work. Waxing isn’t so painful as you might think if it’s done properly and the hairs aren’t too short. They actually get softer the more times we de-fuzz. A bikini wax is more painful but Bec’s and I actually prefer to leave our bushes alone apart from a trim. It’s much healthier.’

‘Maybe it’s a man thing. I don’t think we handle pain as well as women.’

‘Where’s the man? If your mum could see you now she’d be surprised how quickly you’ve changed. You have a pretty face and your mannerisms are quite feminine. Look at the way you use your hands to emphasize what you are saying.’

‘I suppose I picked it up naturally from mum since we’ve spent so much time together with nobody else around.’

‘Anyway the real reason I came in to see you was because Bec’s told me you had confided in her and let her see how your bust has developed. She said that she has agreed that you can dress and work as a member of the female staff that she will sort out from tomorrow. Is that what you want? It won’t be easy surrounded by a lot of women all day.’

‘Yes I want to give it a try. The staff are nice and I’ll take extra care. I really like how I look as a girl that makes me feel like I belong. I fit in better with people than I did at home and look how your friends seem to have accepted me.’

‘Yes well that’s another thing I wanted to discuss. I gather you spoke with Fran last night and you are meeting her to spend the day together. Be careful because whilst she’s a friend she is a smart character and she won’t be fooled. So try to keep your distance. She has had affairs with men and women and you are a bit young for her. ’

‘No I’m not. She is not that much older than me and anyway we are only going out for lunch. I wanted to give you and Bec’s some space because it seems you are very close. Are you both in love ? It seems like it.’

‘Well I appreciate you giving us space but you are my responsibility and I don’t want you to feel pushed aside. Bec’s is married and she made her choice a few years ago. We don’t hide our friendship. Most women have a special relationship with another women and it doesn’t always mean they are bonking each other. Bec’s has always been my bestie and we are very close. We are like sisters.’

‘Yes I have noticed and I’m happy for you both. You seem very affectionate with each other when you are together. Don’t you worry that her husband will find out and kick her out?’

‘We are close and he realised before they married that we like the same things and we confide in each other. I was her chief bridesmaid.’

‘But Em didn’t you meet anybody and have a relationship like she did? Besties usually find boys who have friends.’

‘We did but I drew the short straw and it didn’t last. I’ve never been lucky in love and men are usually a bit gung ho with no technique or foreplay. Bec’s does turn me on and she knows my sweet spots. I can’t help myself when I’m with her I would do anything for her and she is the same with me. Hence she arranged the job for you.’

‘Oh I sort of guessed that at the interview.’

‘Anyway back to Fran are you sure you are comfortable to go out with her. There is nobody around to distract her and you’ll be in broad daylight. She doesn’t form friendships easily but she clearly likes you.’

‘Yes I like her and I think she is very attractive. I’d have no chance to have a date with someone like her as a skinny boy. Women don’t look twice and I’m like that man in the film Cellophane man.’

‘No you’re not you just never had chance yet. It happens.’

‘Anyway I am so excited to go out with Frankie. I hope she likes me. It would be the nicest thing that’s ever happened to me. Oh except for you Aunt Em.’

‘Too late. I’m cast aside like the rubbish. I’ll just have to do something with Bec’s if she’ll accept me.’

‘No I didn’t mean it like that. I’m sorry.’

‘I’m teasing so you go have fun and take care.’

‘Thanks I love you. The problem is that I’ve never been on a date before. I don’t know what to wear.’

‘Well that’s easy because she’ll be driving her Z4 sports car with the top down. So you need something a bit sporty not too dressy. She’ll be smart casual. You get your underwear on and I’ll go find you something that you can borrow. I won’t need it since I’m only with Bec’s. You’d then better start drying your hair or you won’t be ready in time. I’ll help you finish it off. ‘

She disappeared and so I dropped the towel and put on the underwear. White lace was going to be ok with anything. I put on a bathrobe and plugged in the hair drier in the dressing table drawer. I brushed it out as straight as I could and hoped Em might help me again.

Em came back with some items from her wardrobe but had made up her mind what I ought to wear so it wasn’t going to be a fashion parade.

‘I recommend you go for a sporty look to show off your legs and since she’ll be whizzing along with the top down I think you ought to wear a baseball cap that means you can just put your hair in a pony-tail. Try these shorts and this top.’

‘ Shorts? I could wear mine couldn’t I?’

‘Don’t even go there Kim. Man shorts are nothing like these designer shorts. They are my favorite pair so don’t make a mess of them please. Better not to wear anything too short and these do well down the leg almost to your knees. They go well with this peach coloured top.’

‘Wow that’s a bit bright. Are you sure?’

‘You’re going on a date aren’t you? Fran won’t be taking you anywhere cheap and this colour will suit you.’

‘ It’s a bit low cut at the front. It shows my boobs.’

‘Yes that will be better in case you slip up a bit and you revert to boy mode. Showing some boob always helps.’

‘I like the shorts. Were these very expensive since the material is soft and doesn’t look like it will crease.’

‘Turn around let’s take a look at your tush. Mmm not bad. That will attract a lot of attention if you bend down so don’t drop anything.’

‘Are you sure. They feel tight and there are no pockets.’

‘They are meant to be tight and you don’t need pockets. You won’t be playing with yourself anymore and you’ll have a shoulder bag for your bits and pieces. I’m even giving you my favorite perfume. Fran likes it too. It’s a bit young for me and Bec’s prefers me au naturel so she is free of perfume when she goes home. You don’t need to use too much you are not spraying the fence. Just a slight mist is fine. Mmm I could fancy you myself if you weren’t my cousin.’

‘Niece.’

‘Cousin you are in Manchester. We don’t do nieces up here.’

She produced a pair of sneakers and some short socks that looked perfect and fitted fine. She loaned me a bag that matched and sat me down to attend to my hair. It was easier to style it with a pony-tail that would be pulled through the back of cap once I was ready to leave and so Em helped me with my make-up. Nothing too dramatic but enough to enhance my best features as Em said.

We went through to the breakfast bar where Bec’s was brewing some coffee and her reaction said it all. I felt amazing.

‘Mmm we might have to use you to promote the Liesure Centre and bring in a professional photographer.’

‘Please. No way don’t say that.’
‘Don’t worry I was joking. We’ll just send the photos out on facebook. That’ll be enough.’

They both laughed so I knew it was still a joke.

We sat and enjoyed our coffee and then Em had me walk about a bit since I had no heels to remind me how to walk like a girl. I passed the audition by taking small steps and imagining I was walking on a narrow plank.

Half an hour later I got a message on my phone to say Frankie had arrived and I took a deep breath and waved good bye.

‘Don’t be too late you have a big day tomorrow.’

up
229 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Still here, ...

Mantori's picture

... still reading.

Thank you as always for your fabulous stories. And thank you for that blog post.

"Life in general is a fuck up,
but it is the rare moments of beauty and peace
in between the chaos,
That makes it worth living."
- Tertia Hill

You've made my day

I'm glad I made the effort today to post another chapter and that you are still reading and for commenting on my stories.

Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.
Look at the sky. We are not alone.

Jules

Thank you ,Julie,

' And not the first time that you have given support .To quote my dear friend Carla (Roo) we have to look after "The Girl inside the Boy" !
Love the way Kim's summer is developing .

It's True

And on this site I think there can be a lot of comfort and support as well as enjoyment. Always good support from Australia to Yorkshire writers. Must be the links right back to Captain Cook.

Jules

Great chapter!

I’m glad to see this story come up! I’m excited to see where the date goes!

What an enjoyable story

Julie what a wonderful story. I cant express how much I am enjoying this. Thank you

Enjoying this story very much!

This has quickly become one of my favorite stories to read on this site! The characters are well developed and still finding new ways to surprise me. I’m looking forward to seeing how the date turns out!

Doctor

If she starts to have symptoms of a period she needs to see a doctor, she should regardless.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

They had the talk

Jamie Lee's picture

It was good that Bec and Em talked to Kim, Bec to learn how Kim wanted to be seen at work, and Em to answer Kim's questions about her and Bec, and, for Em to tell Kim to be careful while with Frankie.

While Em hasn't been real pushy in getting Kimbie to appear, she has ignored the whys behind Kim seeming to be half and half physically. And with what Kim told Bec about how his brests feel, sure hope Frankie's car has a full tank of fuel just in case.

Others have feelings too.