Melodies of the Heart : The Birthday Wish (3)

Printer-friendly version

James took a deep breath as he reached under his covered and took hold of his phone. He then pressed a button and fell back down into the pillow. It was Saturday, and he wanted to sleep in. It was also his birthday, but he cared little about that. The only thing he wanted to do today was sleep and maybe level up his farm tools on ‘Magical Musical’ the latest title in a long series of farming slash slice of life games. Maybe if he was lucky, he could get a blue feather and propose to that cute rancher.

“Good morning Jane!” Came a voice from his bedroom door. The voice sounded almost motherly and made him feel, feel uneasy. Releasing his breath he rolled over on his side and placed his pillow over his head. Somebody, maybe one of the adults must be messing with him, or maybe they got the wrong room, heck maybe the wrong address.

“Oh come on now, its somebody special day. We have much planned for the birthday girl! Now get up, we gotta get you ready. Your sisters are working really hard right now on getting everything ready. So we need you to be looking at your best. None of that tomboy business.” The voice said.

James rolled over and his side and grunted. Yep wrong address, wrong room number. Must be one of the new adults here. Finally, he tossed his pillow to the side and raised himself up. As he sat upright in bed, he turned toward the adult and said.

“Listen, Lady, you got the wrong room okay? Your princess is in another castle kay?” He was about to throw in a few more choice words, words that no doubt would have had him marched down to the room of no return when he noticed that the voice belonged to Josephine. Josephine was standing in the doorway of his room, she was dressed in a pair of form-fitting jeans and a teeshirt. And in both hands, she held two carry along boxes.

“Nope, my princess is in this castle. Now, stop wasting time. We have so much to do and so very little time to do it. We need to get you washed, we need to style your hair, we need to do your make-up and then get you dressed. We have a busy day ahead of us.” Josephine said as she nodded her head.

At this point, James had managed to clear some of the sleep from his eyes and his full attention was turned toward Josephine. He titled his head to the side to show his confusion as he peered toward the women. Who was only smiling at him?

“Come on princess bed hair, its time to rise and shine and greet the morning.” She said clapping her hands together. “Don’t make me drag you out of bed.” She threatens mildly.

“Okay?” What in the name of Pluto’s blue blazing balls is going on here..” He said noting the make-up kits in Josephine’s hand and the wide range of hair styling tools in the other.

“Your birthday wish honey! Remember you wanted to be a girl for the day, and you wanted a princess birthday party! We, really the three women in charge of the wing, Lavender, and I, got together one day over tea and decided that if that was your wish. And you, being the sweet, hard-working, boy that you are, worked up the courage to say that. So we're going to make you into a pretty little girl.”

James stood there and blinked and blinked again as he peered toward Josephine. He then shrugged his shoulder and made his way toward her, she was just pulling his leg. There no way in the seven frozen rings of hell she’ll ever make him into a girl. Hell no, she was just playing along with his silly wish.

“Okay, Jane. We need to get you washed, I have like some bath bombs in here for you to try.” Josephine said reaching over and taking James by the hand. She then guided him out of the bedroom, down the hallway, to the stairwell, once they reached the stairwell they started to move up the adult’s wing that was the third floor of the house.

James blushed as he felt himself being called ‘Jane’ but he kind of liked it. The name seemed to suit him, And so he followed behind Josephine like a little lost puppy. And soon the two were standing in the adult’s bathroom. Now, the adult’s had a bathroom that was larger and more richly decorated than the one found at the end of each wing. Those where more like dorm bathrooms. He knew from past chores, the walls on the girl’s bathroom were pink and the smell of bath powder and perfume always hung in the air. He found that scent calming almost, the boy's bathroom, on the other hand, had blue walls and always smelled like old gym socks and sweat. He found that smell, blah at best and gag-inducing at the worst.

“Strip for me,” Josephine commanded as she reached over and started to draw the bath. Once the tub was half-way filled with warm-hot water, she tossed in one of the bath bombs and small orb released a strong cherry-vanilla flavored scent into the air and turned the water from blue to a deep aquamarine color.

James blushed and quickly removed his sleeping teeshirt and his sleeping pants and boxes, those were tossed to the side. Once he was stripped, Josephine brought out a shower stool from the corner and sat it down in the center. She then filled a nearby bowl with steaming hot water, tossed in a rag and for the finishing touches, handed him a bottle of shaving gel and new pastel pink razor.

“Now, shave your legs, under your arms and your face. Once you’re totally done. We're going to wash you and let you soak for a few minutes in the tub and then, we're going to get you dressed. Sound good?”

James nodded his head as he started to shave... Josephine perched herself on the bathroom counter and watched with a careful eye as the boy started to remove the faint peach fuzz and tiny leg hair. She nodded her approved as he slowly advanced down his leg. Then there came a knock on the bathroom door.

“I have the outfit.” A refined English voice called out. “I think this will suit the girl. Had time trying to find something in her size. But the saleswomen at J.C Pennies really helped a lot. She helped me pick out a darling out an outfit. Added a training bra and panties too. Really Jane, at thirteen you should be wearing one, nothing wrong with being a late bloomer. But still, its pass time girl, most of your sisters have already started to wear them.”

“Thank you, Maggie,” Josephine said as she pulled the door open only slightly, she then reached through the crack of the door. And reached through the crack with her hand, she returned holding a plastic white hanger. Hanging from the hanger was a bright yellow dress that was trimmed with green around the edges and at the top.

“Perfect!” Josephine said, hanging the crook of the hanger upon the doorknob of the bathroom door. “You're going to look so pretty Jane. So are you are finished shaving? If so, let me see, we need you smooth as possible.” Josephine said as she peered over at Jane, who was blushing as she held the razor in hand and in the other the can of shaving foam.

“Pretty close,” Josephine said smiling softly. “Now, we need you to get into the bath. Just soak okay. Let everything wash over you, don’t be in a hurry to get out.” She said tossing the bath bomb into the water. Soon the water was transformed into a small pool of brightly colored water that smelled wonderful

James felt a chill run down his spine as he walked over to the tub of hot water and lowered his bare bottom down into the steaming hot liquid. He sighed with continent as he eased his whole body down and relaxed, the smell of cherries and peaches and lemons filled the air around him and the brightly colored water felt smooth as silk to his bare skin.

“Now, Jane.” James found himself answering to his new name as he turned his head to face Josephine. Once Josephine saw she had the boys or girls undivided attention. She nodded her head and smiled.

“I’m stepping out for a bit hon. Going down and checking on how Sue and the others are coming with the decorations. So just sit here and soak for a minute hon, when I come back, we're going to do your hair, make-up and get you dressed. And Jane, I expect you to act like a lady too. Remember your manners, you're getting too old to go around acting like a boy.” And with that Josephine.

“Wow.,” James said as he eased his back down. “This is like, beyond cool. But I wonder though.. Nah that crazy talk, but..” James forced himself to stop in mid-sentence. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he decided to just enough this day.

up
136 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rebirth Day?

laika's picture

James seems like he'd love to be a girl but doesn't think it's feasible, so keeps telling himself it's a silly idea, yet is going along with the birthday makeover because there's something so appealing about it. I think this birthday is gonna be a life-changer for the kid; Although whether right away (that first 'OHMIGOD!' look in the mirror) or after weeks of grumbling + resistance + defenses toppling I can't say. And can't tell if she'll decide Jane is who she is totally, or just a part of the boy James that needs to come out and play now + then; But I think one way or the other Jane is the process of being born today. Happy Birthday, Princess!
~sweet story, hugs Veronica

The Wished never expected to come true...

What a joy this must be as each step goes deeper into the dream. He had given an outlandish request that he didn't intend them to take seriously. Probably the most important part, of a long-standing wish, to James/Jane has not yet come true.

Hopefully, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Isuspect Jane is

wondering if this is really the first day of the rest of her life.

I wonder

If his wonder was about how long this will last, or about his other request. He did have a pretty big ask.

Beyond belief, or desire?

Jamie Lee's picture

That past home still has it's hold on James, shown by his response to Josephine when she woke him in the morning.

However, he did do as asked and did go with her without fuss or muss, though in a questioning fog.

How did James not balk when Josephine told him to strip, he was going to be naked in front of an adult woman? Or balk when she told him to shame legs, under arms, and face? Or balk getting into a nice smelling bath? Was it the fog that had him obeying without balking? Or something he's really wanted for some time?

How will he react after he gets out of the bath and Josephine gets to work on him and gets him dressed? Balk or sigh?

Others have feelings too.