Back to School Chp. 8

Printer-friendly version

McKinley was pissed when he got back to his safehouse. Whatever that red hair woman threw at him, was irritating the hell out of him. His skin felt like it was on fire and he couldn’t stop himself from scratching at the spot. The neon pink dye that had covered the back of his head wouldn’t come off either. It permanently dyed the skin it had landed on neon pink.

“Who the fuck was she!” He steps into the shower to try to wash his skin. The burning sensation got worst when water hits his skin.

He screams out in pain as he jumps out of the shower. He looks in the mirror and notices his skin was blistering from whatever the chemicals were on his skin. He grabs the bottle of Crown Royal he had and pours it on the spot, and it didn’t burn. He uses the rest of the Crown Royal to wash the chemicals away.

The neon pink dye that he got hit with, wasn’t coming off without special chemicals to remove it. He’ll have to get in touch with a supplier to get the chemicals. The thing is, he wanted to know who that red hair woman was and why was she coming after him.

He finishes cleaning up and changes clothes. McKinley grabs a fresh cellphone and places a call to a local supplier he knows. He doesn’t go into detail, but he does give him a list of chemicals he needed to remove the pink dye. He would go out himself to grab them, but there was the possibility that he would be recognized with the dye covering half his face and the back part of his neck.

After he finishes that task, he looks over the photos he has of the girl and her bodyguard. He saw how she responded when she heard gunfire going on and how she moved the girl and those around her. He needs information on her as well. He walks over to his laptop and contacts his person in the Department of Justice. If anyone could figure out who they were, they could.

Once he is done with those tasks, he waits to hear from his supplier.

Warehouse District, Memphis, Tn.:
Hex looks around as she drove around town in the warehouse district by the river. She had managed to get within five blocks to where the other phone she remote into was. She parks her work van and gets out to look around. She was dressed as a delivery person, so as not to bring any attention to herself.

After walking around for fifteen minutes, she finally locates the building the signal was coming from. She spots two Latino men with AK-47 guarding the loading dock. There was no way she was going to be able to sneak past them. She looks up the side of the warehouse and figures she could race across the roof.

Hex grabs her climbing gear from inside the van and tosses it up onto the roof. She hides behind a dumpster to make sure no one heard or spotted her. She climbs up the back of the building to the roof. She would figure they would have a lookout up here, but they didn’t. She takes her climbing gear with her and heads over towards the roof access hatch. She pulls up on it, but it was secured from inside. She pulls out her endoscope and manages to slip it up and under the hatch. As she moves it around, she could see that the hatch was held shut by a chain and padlock. The chain went through the handle on the other side of the hatch. She looks where the hatch handle was bolted and takes out a ratchet and socket. She removes the bolts holding the handle on. She lifts the hatch carefully and climbs down her rope. She doesn’t see any movement, but she does hear music playing.

Hex moves quietly as possible while staying to the shadows. She spots some barrels she can hide behind. She spots women in their panties and bra’s wearing mask packing baggies with white powder, after weighing it. She should have brought her camera with her. She spots an office with three people in it. She moves over towards it and looks inside through a hole in the wall. There were three Latino males talking. She records their conversation with the micro recorder she brought with her.

Hex does spot a young man walk in with a gym bag and hand it to the older of the three guys. She keeps watching as he opens it and counts the money inside the bag. A smile appears on her face as an idea pops into her head. She saw some chemicals while she was sneaking around.

She was good in chemistry when she was in high school. She heads back where she saw them. She starts putting the chemicals together she needs to make a stink and smoke cloud that will provide her some cover. Once the chemicals were ready and the makeshift timer was set.

Hex rushes back to the hiding spot she had and waits. A white cloud starts drifting into the prep area and people start coughing. The people inside the office come out to see was going on. she waits a few seconds before moving.

Hex rushes into the office and grabs the bag she saw and another bag that was there. She also grabs the two cellphones sitting on the desk. She could hear everyone coughing and running out of the building. She uses the cloud as cover as she runs out of the warehouse with
everything. The second bag was heavy, but she manages to slip away without being noticed.

She makes her way back to her van and drives off. Hex grabs her water bottle and couldn’t believe the plan had worked. It was an impromptu plan in the first place. She wonders what is in the second gym bag.

Hex is cautious as she takes the long way back to her storage unit, where she keeps the van. Once she parks the van, she transfers everything she took to her car and heads home. She did scan the bags to make sure there wasn’t any sort of tracking devices in them.

Once Hex gets home, she takes the bags and everything up to her workroom. The first bag contained money like she thought it would. Once she counted it out. There were $60,000 dollars in the bag. The other bag contained handguns and sub-machine guns. There were also a few hand grenades in there. She wonders where they got hand grenades from.

Along with the weapons were a bunch of cellphones that looked like they had been stolen. The cellphones she could use. It would be easy for her to break them and reprogram them for use. As for the weapons, Hex figures she’ll keep them.

She looks at the two phones that had been sitting on the desk. They were locked, but she knew a way to break into them. She hooks them up and has her systems unlock them and download all their information. The contact list is what interest her the most and the call log. She runs all the names and number. Even with her set-up, it was going to take a while. As for the $60,000 dollars. She adds that to the money she took from the check cashing place. She keeps a hundred dollars out just in case she needs something.

Hex orders some Chinese food while she waits for her system to match the numbers from the contact list. After twenty minutes, she hears her doorbell ring. She flicks her monitor to the front door camera and spots the delivery driver waiting for her. She presses the intercom on her desk.

“Coming.” Hex heads downstairs.

“Hey Jing, thanks for bringing me my food.” She hands him the twenty she took.

Jings goes to make change.

“Keep the change for your tip.”

“Thank you.” Jing turns around and heads back to his car.

“You’re welcome.” Hex closes her front door and heads back upstairs to her workroom.

While she is eating at her workbench, her computer beeps to let her know it had finished identifying the phone numbers. Hex looks at the screen as she bites into a spring roll. There were several numbers that belonged to different DEA agent in Memphis, Mexico, and Washington D.C. There were also numbers that couldn’t be identified but had a Washington D.C. area code.

As she continued to look through the information. She notices that there were a few numbers that were according to her out at sea. Hex brings up a map and watches as the cellphone came up the Mississippi river. Hex wonders if it could be a supply run or something coming in?

She sits back in her chair and continue to eat her food as she reviews the numbers. Most of them she can ping and get their location. She figures those must be the dealers themselves. She saw a few that were registered to a few police officers.

Hex just shakes her head as she realized that the person she ripped off, was well connected. She continues to eat her dinner as she wonders what her next step should be.

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Still reaqding

And tracking the story, though it is hard sometimes

Different aspects to the story

Nora and Sasha are after McKinley. Sasha knows who he is, but not where he is. Nora is protecting Carol and doesn't know Sasha is after McKinley.
Hex is tracking the cellphone number McKinley called, since he has switch to a new cellphone and she can't track it. However, she can track the other one, because they haven't switched phones yet. Unfortunately, she didn't leave the other persons phone to track. So, she is going to have to monitor that area where she just stole $60,000 dollars and their stolen phones.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Next step is get ahold

Samantha Heart's picture

Of either Noria or Wild Fire & turn EVERYTHING over to them all the info she has.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Jackpot

Jamie Lee's picture

Hex has hit the motherlode, and has now gone up to her neck with trouble. She may believe in her abilities to pull off robberies but she is now in a league that is out of her league.

Hex's best bet is to get that information to Nora or Sasha since they both are working towards the same end but independently. Those three ladies need to pool their knowledge if all three hope to survive this whole mess.

Others have feelings too.