The life of Riley - part 2 Sisters and Lovers

Printer-friendly version

“I didn’t know you two were lovers.” I boldly said towards my big sister and Alyssa.

They stopped kissing and looked at me with a mischievous smile.

“Well, we kind of are. But not really. Let’s say we are friends who are very close and comfortable with each other.” Mary said still grinning.

Alyssa also still had a big smile on her face.

“Actually, you and Alyssa kissing on the day all three of us went to the mall inspired me. Alyssa has such beautiful and luscious lips and I thought…” Mary just stopped abruptly her smile freezing.

At first, I did not understand what was going on. It dawned on me when I heard Sammy’s disturbed sounding voice.

Alyssa and I gave each other a quick clueless look. We both seemed unsure of how to respond.

“Well, Sammy. I understand how you feel. It was a spontaneous idea. And how Mary just said, Alyssa has such luscious and beautiful lips. I could not resist. Also, it was before we were girlfriend and girlfriend and I want you to know that I love being your girlfriend and that I love you a whole lot and that…” I rambled on and just had to stop because Sammy’s expression did not change.

“Ah ha!” Sammy said sharply.

I started getting upset and could feel tears starting to run down my face.

“Sammy, please. I didn't mean to hurt you. Please believe me.” I begged her.

“Well, I am not so sure. I will call you tomorrow.” Sammy said.

She walked out the door without another word.

“I should probably just go now too. I will call you two tomorrow also.” Alyssa said discreetly and left rather quickly.

I felt so alone and hurt. Why didn’t Sammy believe me? I never meant to hurt her. How could this beautiful day turn to be so bad in a matter of minutes?

I felt alone until my big sister gently hugged me from behind and whispered words of comfort softly into my ear. I turned around and she gave me a full hug and we stood there for a while just hugging. Two sisters and endless love and support.

After we both calmed down we sat on Mary’s bed and started talking.

“Babe, I’m sorry I am such a blabbermouth. I didn't mean to tell about you and Alyssa kissing. I’m so sorry. Will you forgive me?” Mary asked me seeming concerned.

“Yeah, it’s my own fault. I should have told Sammy about that from the beginning. I just conveniently forgot about the kisses I shared with Alyssa. By the way, she does have luscious lips.” I said smiling a bit again.

“Haha! Now seriously. Are you two going to be okay? I ruined everything for you.” Mary insisted seeming to get upset again.

“I will talk to her tomorrow. If not, then we don’t have a basis to be girlfriend and girlfriend. A good strong basis should not be this fragile.” I said matter of factly.

Mary looked like her jaw just dropped.

“How did you get so wise?” my big sister asked me with a perplexed look on her face.

I just shrugged. I didn’t give it much thought but I guess Mary was right. An insight that just seemed natural to me. I decided to give it a little bit of deeper thought later.

“Do you want to talk about tomorrow and our conversation with mom and dad?” Mary wanted to know.

“Yes. I think we should do that. I feel that mom and dad will do their best to support me. I just hope the school will cooperate and give me support too.” I said feeling a bit worried.

Mary looked me deeply in the eyes seeming lost in thought.
“I sincerely hope so. Otherwise, you are going to have a hard time at school. I’m worried that you won’t be accepted and respected as the person that you are. That thought makes me sick to my stomach.” Mary said sounding very concerned,

“I know but I have to be strong. I cannot take shit from anybody. I have to stand up for myself. I have to stand up for what is right. That’s a part of life. No matter if you are transgender or not. I have to overcome these challenges.” I pointed out matter of factly.

“Babe, you amaze me.” Mary said full of admiration while hugging and kissing me.

“What are we going to do about the Sammy situation? Should I talk to her?” Mary asked.

“No, I will fix that. I will text her a bit and feel her out. She probably just needs to calm down. I’m sure it will be okay.” I assured her.

“I hope so.” Mary added.

“By the way, what about you and Alyssa? Are you two dating?” I asked bluntly.

“Well, not in a real dating kind of way. Just in a let’s be friends with a little extra kind of way.” Mary tried to explain while smiling.

“A little extra kind of way? What is that supposed to mean?” I inquired while trying not to burst out in laughter.

We both looked at each other and started laughing so hard.

“Babe, you know you are my only true love.” Mary said going down on one knee like she was about to propose and then falling on the floor because she seemed to have stomach cramps from not being able to stop laughing.

I jumped on top of my sister and acted like I was going to tickle her which made her squirm underneath me begging for mercy. We both finally collapsed and finished our laughing. I loved being silly with my big sis. Soon it was time for dinner.

We had a nice supper after this with mom and dad. Even though I could sense that everyone was concerned about the future and especially about me, we had a good time as a family. We cracked jokes, acted silly and just had a good time. I had to think that no matter what happened, we will stick together. After dinner, we all sat in the living room and relaxed. Mom read a magazine, Mary and dad played a game of chess and I read a book and just enjoyed being together with my loved ones. Around 10:30 we all decided to go to bed and have another family day tomorrow. Of course, we were going to have our strategy discussion on how to move forward from this point.

I woke up around eight o’clock after a good night’s sleep. Sammy didn’t text yesterday and I decided to leave her alone. This morning I sent her a quick text wishing her a Good Morning and asking if she would be available to talk on the phone later. She texted back at lunchtime and said that she wanted to talk in an hour. I was a bit nervous but felt confident that I will be able to handle it. Soon my phone rang. I picked up full of determination to fix this in a calm manner.

“Hello Sammy” I said calmly.

“Hey there…” she replied also sounding calm.

“Listen, about yesterday. I’m so sorry again. I never meant to hurt you.” I said intensely waiting for her response.

“I understand. I think I overreacted a bit too. I know this happened before we became girlfriend and girlfriend. I’m sorry I just stormed out.” Sammy apologized.

“That’s okay. I’m glad you understand. So, you accept my apology?” I asked her feeling relieved.

“Only if you accept mine.” Sammy replied.

“Of course. I’m glad you are not mad at me anymore.” I said feeling relieved.

“No, it was just the first shock but now I am okay.” she assured me.

We chit-chatted a bit more and then finished our conversation. Mary and I watched some Netflix that night and cuddled under the blanket. I told her about my good phone conversation with Sammy and Mary seemed happy and relieved about that. Soon this day was over and Sunday came by. During the afternoon our parents asked us to join them in the living room so that we could have the long-awaited conversation about Riley and what will become of her. Of course, Mary and I sat next to each other, holding hands.

“Riley, you are absolutely sure that you want to be Riley when going back to school?” mom asked me.

“Yes, mom. Riley is the true me. If I would try to be Randy again, it would not be authentic.” I stated with full determination.

“I understand. I will call the school tomorrow and let you know what they said. If they are not going to support you, we are going to have to find you another school. Your dad and I discussed this already and we might be able to get you into a private school. We have some money saved up.” mom told us.

“This might be the best solution for you, babe. Starting at a new school as Riley. A school where nobody knows anything about you. It would be a fresh start.” Mary pointed out.

“Mary is right. A private school is most likely the best option for you. You would also get a better education.” my dad said convincingly.

‘I agree with all of you. It would feel a little bit like running away though. I would miss hanging out with Sammy and I have just been getting to know her friends.” I said feeling a bit sad.

“I understand how you feel. However, some people are unpredictable. The letter you received might not have been the last threat. The idea of my little girl getting hurt makes me sick to my stomach. A private school most likely will offer you better protection until you are an adult. What do you think, Riley?” dad asked me looking at me deeply.

Did dad just call me my little girl? My heart jumped for joy and must have skipped a beat. I decided to get up and give him a hug. Soon Mary and mom joined us. There we were. All four of us hugging. After the love scene was over, we all agreed to ponder the idea of me going to a private school. It was certainly a possible solution. First, we had to wait and see what my current school will say. I knew what dad meant when talking about being sick to his stomach. I started to get that feeling myself when I looked at Mary because I knew tomorrow I have to say goodbye again. Even if it was going to be for only about a month. I requested a private sibling conference.

up
160 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

lotsa developments here

laika's picture

Glad Riley and Sammy made up before the end of a chapter. That would've been a scary cliffhanger.

Family continues to have our girl's back, nice that they can afford to give her a fresh start at a private school but as a reader I like the friends she has now and being at the same school as her girlfriend. Although I don't think she'd have any trouble finding new friends. Anxiously awaiting what'll happen next though I realize it can be a while between chapters, and that's fine; I just have to keep an eye out + make sure I don't miss it when it appears...
~hugs, Ronni

On the one hand...on the other hand

Jamie Lee's picture

Riley's safety is important, since there are a lot of morons who can't stand anything which is outside their comfort zone--those people will always have a tough life.

But at her current school Riley has friends who offer support and will be there for her. Plus she has Sammy to consider. If she goes to a private school will she and Sammy still be a couple, or will they break up? Would the school be close where Riley would be home after school or far enough away she have to stay in a dorm? And how would the school deal with a TG student if she had to dorm there?

The decisions they will make is dependent on what the current school admin tell mom and dad. And how Riely feels about the options.

Others have feelings too.