Change Order - Chapter 3 of 8

Printer-friendly version

Mike was asked to cover a shift by a knowing friend on their birthday. Because the scheduling boss made an incorrect assumption, he ended up being something he could only dream of.

By
Becky Reus
Proofread By Jamie M
©2019

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Author's Note:Sorry for the delay posting, my editor has medical issues this week. Their might be some grammatical errors until she can actually proofread it. -- Becky

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Chapter Three

I had just finished throwing a dress on after my shower when someone knocked on the door. Looking in the peephole, my guess of Jennifer was confirmed. I let her in my room, before turning back to where I kept my wig and placing it on my head.

“Looking nice Laura, where do you keep your makeup?” Jennifer asked.

I told Jenn, “This is all I have,” as I threw my small bag at her. She looked in the bag and grunted as if she wasn’t impressed.

“These are cheap makeup, more for playing around. We need to purchase you some good quality makeup.” She told me.

“Jennifer! No one has seen Laura except yourself. All I do with the makeup is play around with it.” I told her.

She told me, “I will be right back.” She was gone before I knew it. While she was gone I took the chance to put some sandals on. Next thing I knew she was back with a large bag, and she directed me to a chair. Before I could complain, she was doing my face. While she was doing it, I tried to peek towards the mirror. She had noticed I was doing that. She turned the chair away from the mirror, so I said: “Not fair, brat!”

She giggled, and told me, “Patience Princess. Are you ready to see yourself?”

“Depends, do I look good, or am I doing a clown impression?” I asked as she leads me backwards towards the mirror.

As she turned me around, my jaw hit the floor. The person in the mirror definitely didn’t look like a clown. If I was a Beauty Contestant, I would probably would have a good chance of winning in my humble opinion. I turned towards my now close friend, and asked her, “Who is this in the mirror, and what have you done to Laura?”

Jennifer just smiled, and said, “You ready to go to the Springs for a date?”

“WHAT! Walk out of the security of this room?” I exclaimed!

Jennifer sigh, “No one will know it is you. You need to expand your horizons, Laura.” Before I could react, I found myself in the hall. Blinking, I tried to blend into the woodwork. That reaction caused, Jennifer, to exclaim, “Stop that! Unless you want every eye in the area on you.”

I went to Jennifer and gritted my teeth to her. I told her quietly. “I am going to kill you for this trial by fire later. I need to grab my keys and phone if we are going to do this.”

Jennifer showed that she had both, before locking my door. She leads me to the bus to Disney Springs. On the bus, I told her “We can’t stay out too long, I have to work tomorrow.”

“I not going to fall for that, Laura! Remember that the schedule is freely available. Both of us are working together at Chase as the chipmunks starting at one o'clock.” She chastised me for my try.

As she pulled in bus drop off she told me, “we have reservations in Paddlefish in about twenty minutes.”

Paddlefish was a seafood restaurant, in a building that looked like a paddleboat. Their price was around thirty dollars a plate. Too rich for my blood so I exclaimed, “Paddlefish?!?! I can’t afford that!”

“Who said anything about you paying? Besides we left your change purse at home. It is a good thing too because we would have explain why your cards don’t say, Laura.” Jennifer explained softly as she leads me towards the boat.

As we were waiting for our table I leaned against my new friend. I whispered “Jenn, what do you want from me, and who do you want me to be?”

She whispered back, “I want a relationship with both of you. Assuming you will allow me to. This date was going to happen, no matter who you were when I visited you today.”

“Two for Jennifer,” a hostess said. As they were being led towards the table, they asked, “What can I get you, two ladies, to drink?”

“A Diet Coke for me,” Jennifer said, before looking at me.

I told the waitress, using a female sounding voice, “I will have the same, Ma’am.” While looking at the menu I asked Jennifer, “What can I have?”

“Anything you want, Princess.” She told me.

With a smirk, I asked “including the lobster?” I really didn’t plan on ordering anything that expensive. But it couldn’t hurt to have her sweat a little, especially for this trial by fire.

She looked at the sixty fifty dollar price tag on the lobster. She quietly said while visibly sweating, “preferably not, Sweetie.”

“It is a good thing that I only wanted the Shrimp dish, Sweetheart,” I told her with a smirk.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

After our date was over, Jennifer took me shopping at Sephora for a good set of starting makeup. Try as I might, my arguments against it were going nowhere. I asked her, “Who has the birthday coming up? I should be giving stuff to you, not you to me!”

She just giggled at me, as she handed me a bag with about a hundred bucks of makeup in it. “We have to get back to the dorm, so you can start your signature lessons. And if we still have time, we will do makeup lessons.” Which that being said we headed back to the dorm. Instead of heading to my room, she leads me to her room.

I found myself sitting at her table, with both Vanellope’s and Alice's signatures in front of me. She handed me ten blank sheets of paper, and a Diet Coke. I tried to argue that I didn’t need to do Alice, but I lost that argument quite a few times.

“What happens when I learn them correctly?” I asked her.

She told me, “Kayleigh is going to ask you for both signature’s tomorrow. She will then decide if you need more practice.”

I just shrugged, and worked on learning both signatures. After I had filled all the papers, my new Sweetheart took all the papers and sample signatures. She then gave me a blank page, and asked me to reproduce both signatures.

“Laura, I think you are ready for Kayleigh’s test tomorrow,” Jennifer started before continuing “Now it is time for makeup lessons.”

I ended up doing five applications of makeup on my face. Starting from my clean face, under the guidance of Jennifer. After these lessons, I felt much better with makeup. I would still call myself a novice with it, though. It was approaching ten at night, so I mentioned that I better head to my room to go to bed.

“Awww, If you want to, you can stay overnight.” my girlfriend told me.

I looked at the huge grin on her face, and slowly said after composing my words. “No I will not stay overnight here. Because I need out of this dress before work tomorrow.” That statement caused an extreme frown on her face. “That being said, you are welcome to join me in my bed tonight.” The emotional whiplash that Jennifer just went through could have caused permanent damage.

She kissed me on the lips before running to pack an overnight bag. Soon we were headed to the opposite side of the dorm to my room. Soon both of us were trying to get ready for bed in a much too small bathroom. Jenn looked carefully at my face encase I left any makeup on it. Once satisfied, she spread lotion on my face and back. I then did the same thing to her, then we both climbed into the bed to go to bed.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Author's Note:Comments and questions are always welcomed -- Thanks Becky

up
258 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

no need to apologize

its great that you even take the time to write for everyone, let alone give it away for everyone to freely read.
you will hear no complaints from me, another enjoyable chapter.

Thanks

Thank you friend.

Running behind again,

I am a very slow reader, so sometimes I respond with a comment long after the chapter was released. That being said I am following this story with interest.

Pace

Read at your own pace .. smile

Such a sweet and beautiful tale...

It has the flavor of another tale I read on here a while back, yet is obviously a different tale entirely. Thank you so much for this charming and refreshing little jaunt into Disneyesque, ( or however you spell it) fun and life's adventures between two very loving hearts. God bless. T.

I am a Proud mostly Native American woman. I am bi-polar. I am married, and mother to three boys. I hope we can be friends.

Flavor

I believe you are talking about MotK ... which is a beautiful story in its own right.

Costumes? Signatures?

It took me a while to figure out what you meant by those things. The last time I was to Disneyland in California was at least 25 years ago.

On a forum I was looking at for information, they mentioned how hot the Costumes were. I can imagine. I used to work in a place as an Electrician, where one area was 175 degrees plus. Thankfully, exposure to that was short term. Before I'd go up there, I'd put on a heavy coat and gloves because you could not touch the tools. It worked great for less than 5 minutes and then I'd have to get out of that room.

In another place, they'd hose me down, and I'd run in to work, and when it got too hot I'd go get hosed down again. Fun.

:)

As for temperatures

Thankfully for Jennifer and Laura most of the fur characters in Epcot are inside in AC. Daisy and Donald some of the outside ones in that park. In the other three parks most of the fur characters are outside, so the two of them picked the lucky straw.

The heat is why it is thirty on/thirty off. There is also a hand signal which tells the ever present character attendant to get me out of this costume NOW.

another good chapter sis, i

another good chapter sis, i like how you have added the training aspect into this one. I would love to see where this ends.

Thanks

Thanks

Ack! I missed this when it came out.

WillowD's picture

On the other hand, this means I get to read two chapters today. I hope more people notice this story. It is quite nice. They are missing out on something special.

Sure they did

Jamie Lee's picture

Jennifer has already made up her mind that Laura is going to leave Mike's apartment instead of hide there. She isn't trying to embarrass Laura, just get Mike to realize Laura can go out without any problems. More so after Jennifer applied the new makeup.

Because Mike can sound like the two characters, and Jennifer is okay with the signatures Mike can do, Mike might be cast as two characters no one thought to give him.

Jennifer stayed the night with Mike, and they went to bed to sleep. Uh huh, not if Jennifer has her way. They do make a good couple.

Others have feelings too.

Jennifer and Laura

You are right, Jenn is trying to get Laura to get more confidence instead of hiding in the back of the closet.

As for what happened when the two girls got back to Laura’s room... I didn’t ask... they didn’t say.