Tied To The Divine By A Ribbon Of Fate

Printer-friendly version

When Stelios found it, he knew his life would change for good. It, in this case, was a divine seed. With it, any mortal could ascend to godhood. That meant soon Stelios would be a god. The question was what kind did he wanted to become. One might say such a decision was easy, but it proved to be harder than Stelios had thought possible. In fact, he held onto the divine seed for over a week now.

The last few days, he sat on a bench in the central plaza of his university. Students milling around him. Oblivious to his internal struggle. He eyed each and every one of them. After all, he needed one of them to awaken him as a god. Stelios knew that he had to approach one of them. Then demand to know what god they wished for. This very wish would dictate what god he will become. It was also customary that the chosen mortal would then become the first head priest of the new god.

Which mortal to ask was more important than most people knew. One wrong wish and Stelios might end up as Stelios, the god of vanquishing foot fungus! He shuddered at the very thought. No, he needed a mortal with a pure and elevated desire. Someone like-

He stared after Nerine Moysiadi as she hurried past him. Nerine might be perfect. She was a dedicated law student and a goody two shoes. Everyone on campus knew that. Stelios, the god of law and justice, had a nice ring to it. She dressed nicely and took care of herself. He reasoned that the chance she had foot fungus was very small, which was definitely a plus. Still, he couldn't be hasty. He had to research Nerine first. Make sure there were no hidden black marks on her.

With new purpose, he stood up. There was work to do.

* * * * * * * * * *

It was late. The library had just closed. Stelios knew so because he had waited in front of the building the whole evening. Waiting for Nerine to show up. Maybe she was more into researching and studying than the law itself. Still, Stelios god of academic pursuit didn't sound so bad either.

Finally, Nerine showed up and he started to follow her. It was a deserted little pathway to the on-campus dorms were she suddenly twirled around. Pepper spray in hand and ready to strike.

"Can I help you?" she spit out.

"Whoa! Just wanna ask you a question," Stelios replied while taking a few steps back.

"What?" Nerine demanded. Not trusting the fellow that followed her one bit.

It was now or never. Stelios pulled out the divine seed and showed her. "The mortal by the name of Nerine Moysiadi, I chose you. Reveal your innermost longing for the divine you seek and I will answer the call."

Stelios grinned. He had managed the ancient invocation without messing up. Now he saw the surprised look on Nerine's face. She struggled to speak. Probably wanting to say something besides her wish for a god, but the invocation and the divine seed wouldn't allow it.

Eventually, she stopped fighting it and she shouted out her wish. "I long for a goddess helping me to finally get laid."

For a moment Stelios wondered if he had misheard. Then light erupted from the seed. It blinded him so much that he couldn't see the changes happening to his body. He only felled them and they didn't make sense. It was as if an invisible force pushed, pulled, and prodded him.

Soon they subsided and he could see his new body. Only that one didn't make sense. It was all wrong.

"Why the hell am I a girl?" he asked aloud. Cringing at the same time as he heard his new voice. It was one that spoke of arousal and wet dreams.

"Of course, you are a woman," Nerine exclaimed. "Why would I, as a woman, wish for another god. Do you know that only twenty-five percent of all divine are female? It was high time to balance it out a little."

To Stelios dismay, he had to agree. Not that disagreement would help him out. Once a goddess always a goddess.

"And what the hell I am even wearing?" Stelios demanded to know.

Technically "wearing" wasn't correct. Gone were his former clothing. Only a single long ribbon floated around 'him'. It playfully floated around 'his' long legs. Drew close around 'his' hips. Mostly to barely hide 'his' new privates. Then it wound one time around his waspish waist before it did a poor job hiding 'his' breasts.

"I think it is rather fitting for a goddess of your type," Nerine remarked.

Stelios took an involuntary step back as 'he' saw her gaze. It was as if the ribbon was invisible. Stelios had a hunch. "So, I am some kind of sex goddess now?"

"Close," Nerine admitted. "Goddess of lesbian seduction."

"Lesbian?" Stelios repeated confused. "I didn't know you were a lesbian."

"No one knew," Nerine confessed. "I was a closet lesbian. Not anymore I guess."

"Fuck!" Stelios cursed out loud.

"Yeah," Nerine agreed. "That what's all about."

"No. I mean this is not what I wanted. With you being a student of law and justice I hoped to become a god of that vocation. Not this."

"Well, this is what you get if you jump the gun on someone unsuspecting. You should have asked me first. I would have told you that this was a bad idea. Although-" Stelios felt her gaze roam 'his' new body. Suddenly very aware how little the floating ribbon hide 'his' body. "I am starting to see the advantages. Now, how about you fulfill your duty and get me laid?"

A deep blush overcame Stelios. This was his new life now, but was he really ready for it? Only one way to find out. "How? Do you want to go into a bar and-"

Nerine stepped close and pulled Stelios to herself by grabbing 'his' slender waist. 'His' awkward mumbling was silenced by a needy kiss. "I thought more along the lines of you making me your head priestess. The perfect altar for it stands in my bedroom."

Not trusting 'his' voice Stelios gave a shy nod. Glad in a way that at least someone took charge and gave his divine fuck up a direction to work along. And sex was always good, right? Or was this thought whispered into his mind by 'his' new godly vocation?

"But before we go what is the name of the goddess I serve?" Nerine purred into his ear.

Stelios swallowed hard. Since when was Nerine so pushy? Of course, the answer was obvious. As 'his' only follower she received a boon to her nature. Making her more seductive and outgoing.

"Stelios?" 'He' stammered.

"That won't do," Nerine said as a wolfish grin spread across her face. "No idea, huh? Looks like I get to name you too. How about Lyriel?"

It was as if lightning struck Lyriel. This was her name. There was no more- What had been her name before? Lyriel couldn't remember. She knew that she used to be a mortal and male. Not anymore. Receiving a name changed all that. The memories remained, but they felt oddly disconnected.

Meanwhile, Nerine turned around and walked away. It took a few moments for Lyriel to catch onto the fact that Nerine had the end of her floating ribbon in hand. Slowly pulling it with her and exposing Lyriel. If she didn't want to end up bare naked Lyriel had to follow her new head priestess. To an uncertain future safe for one fact: there was probably a lot of sex ahead.

up
136 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

At least...

Daphne Xu's picture

... he didn't become the God of Vanquishing Foot Fungus. Lyriel, the Goddess of Lesbian Seduction... has a nice ring to it. Not only that, her life will overflow with sex from this time forward. Or would this be too much of a good thing?

Nice -- quite humorous.

-- Daphne Xu

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my G-O-D, my sides hurt, my sides HURT!! I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my creaky, complaining computer chair. You're killing me here! This is JUST what I needed today. Thank you , Thank You, THANK YOU!!! This one will stay with me for a long time to come. Ok cue Rod Serling and his glottal stop. Brilliant.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T.

I am a Proud mostly Native American woman. I am bi-polar. I am married, and mother to three boys. I hope we can be friends.

Brilliant!

What a concept. And I, too, was laughing out loud. The kids wondered what was so funny.

That universe you created is ingenious. I'm imagining that, knowing human nature, that most of the gods and goddesses are the deities of some kind of sex, or maybe riches. Justice? Booooooring!

If I found one of those divine seed thingies, I would be tempted to give it to someone else as long as they let me chose the kind of god(dess) they will be.

But who would trust me? lol

I would definitely not have my wife choose the type of deity that I become. She would make me the goddess of housework, or something like that. And I would end up spending eternity in a French maid uniform.

There are soooooo many stories that could be written in this universe. It could become the next SRU type universe.

Snerk

WillowD's picture

I am so giggling right now.

Such a personal god!

I was wondering exactly what was wrong with Stelios's reading of Nerine.

And the answer was probably "nothing". It's just that he didn't have the full picture! She even "would have told you that this was a bad idea." A good girl not wanting to exploit the opportunity!

But, her goddess was made by a wish to only help her. Could Lyriel do more than help Nerine? And interesting choice of non-clothing that Nerine's mind decided on. Her subconscious perhaps already worked out the plan?

"Tied To The Divine By A Ribbon Of Fate" indeed. ... I wonder if the ribbon is red. Red String of Fate, etc. Well, no one's being tied up, yet?