The Hero, The Mouse & The Cheshire Pt. 5

Printer-friendly version

When Tizzy, her husband Ikaika, Krisha and Cheshire arrive back at the house. They could smell the scent of food in the air. Christina had come home after dealing with the two men and put the groceries away. Instead of waiting for Tizzy or Cheshire to come home and cook. She decided to go ahead fix dinner for everyone.

She fixed everyone a dish Nora taught her. She figured Cheshire might like it. It was a Spanish dish and it was one of her favorites.

“Mmm, whatever is cooking smells nice.” Tizzy loved the smell floating in the air.

“Thanks, I thought you guys might like it.” Christine finishes setting the table.

As everyone sits down around the table. Cheshire looks over towards Christine “did you have any problems at the food market?”

“No ma’am, I found everything without a problem. I have to admit I liked the market, better than the grocery store.” Christine enjoyed shopping at the market. The vegetables were fresher and better.

“How’s the investigation going, Tizzy?” Christine looks over towards Tizzy.

“Mom has a rule about talking about work at the dinner table.” Tizzy looks at her mother to make sure she was right.

“Oops sorry, Cheshire.”

“It’s okay, Christine.” Cheshire could understand why Nora and her family talked about business around the table.

After dinner, Tizzy and her husband volunteered to do the dishes. There wasn’t much, because as Christine cooked, she cleaned up behind herself.

“Remind me to have you cook more often.” Tizzy liked the fact that Christine is neat when she cooked.

“Did anything exciting happened today?” Cheshire had one of her feelings.

“I’m glad you asked, Cheshire. I was followed and almost attacked by two guys wearing business suits. I had to use the gun you keep Tizzy in your Jeep.”

“Did you kill them?” Tizzy doesn’t recall any calls for an attack.

“Nope, I shot their kneecaps out and took their pictures.” Christine grabs her cellphone and shows Tizzy and Cheshire the pictures.

Tizzy and Cheshire look at the men. Neither one of them knew them. Tizzy looks at Christine “what did they want you to do?”

“To come with them, so they could ask me questions about you. What I got from them, was they thought I would be cooperative.” It’s good that Nora has been training her.

Tizzy wonders who they were. She looks towards her mother “do you think they are agency agents?”

“I don’t know, but I will find out.” Cheshire turns and heads towards her bedroom.

“Oh boy, shit is about to hit the fan.” Tizzy knew what her mother was about to do.

Ikaika looks at his wife “where is your mother going?”

“To question those men.” Tizzy knew her mother all too well.

“I thought your mother was a zoologist?” Ikaika looks at his wife with a puzzled look on his face.

“She is, but mom is also a former agency spook. She is one of the deadliest they ever had. I was trying to protect you because only a handful
of people know about my mother.” Tizzy looked at her husband to gauge his reaction.

Ikaika just looks into Tizzy’s eyes. He didn’t care that they hadn’t told him.

“Is there anything about you, that you haven’t told me?” He kept watching Tizzy’s face.

“I have many secrets and I can’t tell you all of them. Trust me, when I say these are secrets you don’t want to know, sweetie.” Tizzy kisses her husband.

“I’m taking a bath.” Krisha heads towards her bedroom and then to the bathroom.

Krisha slides into the tub and relax. She wonders what her mother is going to train her friend Catlin. Is she going to train her to be like her older sister or more like her and uncle Jack? Krisha knows she wants to pursue a career as a ballet dancer. She doesn’t want to have anything to do with law enforcement or being an assassin. She was also thinking about following in her mother’s footsteps of being a zoologist as well. She loves the snow leopards she has been taken care of.

Cheshire has Christine send her the pictures she took. Once she has them, Cheshire runs their faces through the facial recognition program she has and cross-references them with all known agents. After about twenty minutes, she gets a hit. Both men come back as being listed as being dead. Which meant they were CIA troubleshooters/kites.

Cheshire makes a few calls to locate where they currently are. If they are still in Hawaii, she will find them. She had spies all over Hawaii that she paid to keep her informed. After making the calls, Cheshire makes another call.

Her daughter didn’t know this person. As she waits for the person to answer the phone. She walks over to her closet and moves her clothes aside as she presses a hidden button. The wall in the back of her closet slides to the right-hand side, revealing her gear.

Vips:
Liz brushes aside a loose strand of her chestnut brown hair as she takes the couple’s order. Afterward, she takes the order up to the ticket spindle and tends to another table. There were times she loved this job and hated this job, but she was trying to start over.

She stopped being a government spook after taking the life of a person, that was innocent. The agency had lied to her. She refills the iced tea glasses at the table she was tending too. As she was heading back to the waiter/waitress station her cellphone starts vibrating inside her pocket.

Liz pulls it out and wonders who it could be. There weren’t many people that she gave her number too. When she glances at the number, it was a code.

She presses the accept button “Hello, Cheshire. What can I do for you?”

“What time do you get off from your job?”

“My shift ends in a few hours. Why? What do you need?” Liz knew Cheshire only called her when she needed something.

“I’ll need you to watch my back, while I get my message across.” Cheshire normally wouldn’t ask for help, but she was dealing with the agency and didn’t want to chance it.

“Okay, but you do know I’m out of that business?” Liz didn’t like stepping into that world again.

“I know and I’m not asking you too. I just need for you to cover me while I make sure the message is delivered.” Cheshire knew Liz was still wounded from what happened to her.

Liz should have never become an operator in the first place. She was like Nora; in that, they wore their hearts on their sleeves. Which was good, because they will never have the nightmares or regrets, she has.

“I’ll meet you at the usual spot in a few hours.”

“Alright.” Cheshire’s phone flashes letting her know the location of the people she was looking for.

Cheshire undresses and slips on her suit, her gun belt, and a few other concealable items. She ties her long black hair back into a ponytail. Cheshire sends a reply message back to the person who sent her the information on where to pick-up their payment.

Liz puts her cellphone back into her pocket and goes back to taking care of her tables.

up
179 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The cat is PISSED

Samantha Heart's picture

Hasn't the agency learned to NEVER EVER piss off Cheshire OR Jack Bounty EVER!!! So far I can say that the agency hasn't pissed Jack off YET! However they did Cheshire and the message will be made VERY CLEAR. It will.basicly say "Keep messing with me or my family and you will wind up like these two jokers."

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Yes, indeed

children, the excrimenr has hit the fan with wet plop, and there is enough for everyone to get some. C'est La Vie