Danny Part 7 - Chapter 28

Printer-friendly version

 

danny-new1.png
DANNY
Chapter 28
by Roberta J. Cabot

This is a story about Daniel, a guy with a unique talent and an even more unique problem: A great singing voice and the looks of his gorgeous sister. And how he and his family deal with his having breasts. And how he deals with getting turned on by his girlfriend. But, apparently, Nikki more than reciprocated his feelings, and has hatched a scheme: just as they started preparing for the concert, Nikki put her own plan for her first night alone with Danny into motion. Indeed, there never is a dull moment with Batch Fourteen, and Dan & his gang.

 
Chapter Twenty-Eight:  Before Date Night

***** (Danny) *****

Driving home, Danielle remarked that I was oddly silent. I shrugged.

"Betcha you're thinking of your date with Nikki tomorrow," she said and pinched my cheek.

"Quit it, Danielle!" I said and knocked her hand away.

She chortled some more.

I couldn't help but smile a little bit.

"I guess I'm a little nervous, Danielle," I said. "This'll just be the second time Nikki and I will be alone. And this it's all night. And how did you know about it, anyway?"

"Nikki told me," she dimpled.

I gave her a little moue of irritation.

"Don't worry, li'l bro," she said. "I'll make sure you're not bothered by the gang, and you can spend the rest of the day tomorrow making sweet, sweet love to the beautiful Nikki." She made little kissy sounds.

I harrumphed half in irritation and half in amusement.

Truth be told, I was very excited. And this could be, as uncle Nathan would say, "target of opportunity." And after tomorrow, my virginity may be a thing of the past. My thoughts were pleasantly lecherous all the way home. At least Nikki and I were both over sixteen so it won't be illegal, heheh. No underage sex here!

Danielle asked why I was chuckling, and I just waved it away. "Oh, nothing," I said.

Besides, I thought, it'll probably just be dinner out and maybe a movie. Still, I was unreasonably hopeful.

Heheheheh.

"Be sure to bring protection, just in case," Danielle said with an evil smile. "Heehee…"

My sister is one big buzzkill. Sometimes this twin pseudo-mind reading was a pain.

Later that night, I called up Nikki and tried to find out where we were going tomorrow, but she said it'll be a surprise. I asked if we're going dancing or something, or if I should be dressed in any particular way.

"It's a surprise!" she giggled. "You don't need to bring anything except your sexy little bod, babe."

I laughed at that. Nevertheless, I decided to spruce up a bit just in case. I didn't realize how nervous I was about this lousy date until I found myself knocking on Danielle's door and asking for some help with my outfit for tomorrow.

- - - - -

***** (Danny) *****

In the morning, I drove to Nikki's to pick her up, all alone. Danielle had decided to ride with Joanne for a change this morning. I, of course, didn't assume it was a setup. Not… (ugh! That's so ten years ago, I laughed to myself.)

When I drove up their house, I found her waiting at the curb with two wheelie bags.

She had a finger over her lips in a shushing motion.

"Keep it down, Danny," she whispered fiercely after giving me a kiss when she leaned into through my car window. "Mom doesn't know."

"Doesn't know what?" I asked.

She pointed to her wheelie bags. "She doesn't know about these."

I got out and took her bags and put them in the trunk.

"I thought we had a date today. Are you going on a trip?"

"No!" she said. "It's for the date later."

"Huh?"

She then explained her plans for us - checking into a hotel and... other stuff.

I was surprised. It wasn't like Nikki to be this forward and aggressive. But I liked it. And to have Nikki all to myself was something I've been dreaming of for the longest time. In fact, I brought a backpack of spare clothes and stuff myself, just in case it'd be something like this.

"So?" Nikki said.

I was worried about what our folks would say if they ever found out. I wasn't worried about the guys, though - if they don't know about it yet, I'm pretty sure that they eventually would. Nikki's already told Danielle, and even if she doesn't tell, the fact that Nikki and I weren't with them would make them assume things.

So I weighed things - if it was worth the risk, I mean. But with Nikki smiling at me with a smoky, sultry smile that I haven't seen on her before, I started getting way turned on as I thought of the possibilities.

So I nodded.

She rushed me, and I banged my head against the car as she started to kiss the shit out of me.

Despite us being out in the street, Nikki was like a wild woman. It was like she wanted to eat my face off the way she had her lips all over me. If I let her, she'd probably have had my shirt off, and maybe more, and maybe we wouldn't make it to the hotel room anymore. I found myself straining against my pants, and would have let things go farther, but reason and logic took hold.

Though I didn't want to, I fended her off, in the gentlest way I could.

Somehow, she got the message and let me go.

"We gotta get to school, Nikki," I said, breathing hard.

"I don't know if I can wait that long, Danny!"

"I know what you mean, but we have to."

She nodded. We both got in the car and started on our way to school.

"So," I said, "are you gonna tell me about those bags?"

"Like I said, that's for later," she replied.

"Nikki…"

"Okay, okay," she pouted. "So I got us a room, right? But so that it'll be easier to check in, I decided to say that you were my cousin, ummm, Danielle…"

Oh, no…

"So…" I said, "What're in the bags are…"

"Clothes?" she answered tentatively, "For you and me?" She had a look that was halfway between crying and being worried.

My first reaction was anger, and I was about to explode at her, but when I saw her face, I couldn't.

I turned back to face the road, and drove on silently, thinking about that. I guess I wasn't really surprised. She never said she preferred me as a girl, but it was obvious - a fact that I've never really completely acknowledged until now.

But then again, so did the gang… Also something I never fully acknowledged 'til now. And then…

And then I thought of Danielle.

Sure, she liked me dressing up like a girl most times, but she said she never really thought of me as a girl. And whether she said that for my benefit so as not to hurt me - I don't really know.

But she's been consistent. Sure, there was always some confusion about what pronoun she used with me, but it wasn't like she wanted me to be a girl. It was like she didn't care if I was a guy or a girl - that she didn't really prefer me to be one or the other.

But then, whether she preferred me as a girl or not, she did like me to dress like one. But, after thinking of that a bit, I changed my mind. In the beginning, she did like me dressing like a girl, for her own reasons. That gave me the creepy thought, that she liked me as a girl in that way. I guess that's been on my mind the whole time, but I had never really faced up to it. I don't think anyone could blame me for that.

But, over time, that had seemed to fade, that she probably got used to how I was and our dynamic reverted back to brother-and-sister. Except that she still thought I looked best dressed as a girl, and tried to get me to dress like one whenever she could, but only if we could get away with it. But did that make any sense? That she thought of me as her brother yet wanted me to dress like a girl? How did that fit into a normal brother-sister dynamic?

The answer, as I thought it through, was that it didn't.

But was that necessarily a bad thing?

I knew my sister loved me, and she was totally supportive of me. And I loved her, too. And I knew I'd never do anything, or allow anyone, to hurt her.

Maybe she just wanted me looking good, and it didn't matter whether I was dressed as a guy or a girl. The big difference was that it just so happened that I looked better when I dressed as a girl. And I guess, to most of the others, I suspected they thought I looked better as a girl, too.

So, getting me dressed as a girl might just be the same thing when she helped her girl-pals to dress up or shop for clothes. But then she would help me, too, when I wanted to get all duded up. In fact, my current guy ensemble was all largely her idea.

Truth be told, though, girl clothes, with the exception of high heels, felt better: the fabrics were softer, the cut more form-fitting, the choices more varied, and if I really did want to dress like a guy, there were girl outfits that looked like guy outfits, too. I've heard and read about girls complaining how uncomfortable their outfits were, and that it was hard to move in them et cetera, but by and large, they mostly weren't. Girls just liked to complain, I think. Except for the heels. Those really were uncomfortable.

But did Nikki prefer me as a girl? I guess, deep down, I thought so. I mean, here we were, Nikki scheming to have me in girl clothes and spending the night with me, but as a girl. But dressing up like a girl in the band all these months - did that even bother me anymore?

I guess it did.

But didn't Danielle start out that way? And if so, would Nikki eventually get used to me enough that it wouldn't really matter to her if I was a guy or a girl? Just like with Danielle?

I just need to give her time, I guess.

And as for the gang, I guess I'll just stick with them and give it time for that to happen with them, too.

I looked at Nikki.

"So?" she repeated, her worried look now bordering on panic - that I would say no.

I gave her a smile and nodded. She smiled just like a little girl on her birthday, and hugged me around the neck, peppering my face with little kisses. Good thing traffic was light today, otherwise my swerving around might have gotten us in an accident.

- - - - -

***** (Danny) *****

We talked about how to get the others to cover for us, so she said she told her folks she'd be sleeping over at Mel's. She'd already asked Mel and Danielle to cover, and they'd confirm to our folks I was with Mel. For me, I said I'd tell our folks that I'll be sleeping at Morgan's.

"You should have told them last night," Nikki said. "It's pretty short notice. Do you think they'll be okay with it?"

I shrugged. "I think so. They've never said no before, when I tell them I'd be sleeping over at Morgan's, or with the other guys. I'll try and catch Morgan later and tell him to cover for us."

When we got to the school parking lot, and I parked in my usual spot, the rest of the gang was there waiting. As usual. We were slightly behind, so after the usual hi's and hellos, we walked directly to class with minimal byplay. Mel and Danielle were practically sending out morse code to everyone that Nikki and I had something going on later. The gang was curious but didn't know how to ask us.

When the others left for their classes, and just before Mr. Wilson arrived, I explained to Morgan, and he agreed to cover for us. That meant that he'd have to be near the phone the whole night to intercept any calls, but that was nothing new - he'd done it before, as did all of us.

I was distracted for the rest of the day, and most of my teachers commented on it. What the heck, I was distracted.

Over lunch, Fallon came over to say hi, and she took Danielle over to the faculty room to have a chat with Mrs. Sparks, the class adviser for the high school glee club.

The guys then talked a bit about what to do given that Mrs. Piper canceled work tonight. Joanne suggested a movie but Betsy begged off because she had lots of class-president stuff that she had been letting slide.

As for Mel, she said Nikki was spending the night at her place to help her work on a school project. And then Morgan said I was going to help him with the playlist over at his place. Everyone gave each other knowing looks and smirks, and Mikey elbowed me in the ribs. Nikki grinned at me and gave me a big kiss. Talk about transparent secrets…

That reminded me. I gave Mom a call.

When lunch was halfway over, Danielle and Fallon came back. I had to say that Fallon was looking pretty good. Aside from the all-black outfit, she wasn't at all goth-like, and she looked real pretty and, ummm, normal. She wasn't wearing her trademark jewelry as well.

And with the over-abundance of redheads, our group was starting to attract more attention than usual, which delighted the girls, and got the boys primping.

Danielle had taken down notes from their meeting with Mrs. Sparks, and referred to them. She told us Mrs. Sparks said she was excited for this opportunity for the club, and she wholeheartedly supported us. She'd have to talk with the parents and get them to sign the required permission slips, and Mrs. Piper needs to agree to some limitations. Fallon showed us a sample of Mrs. Sparks' form, with lots of scribbled-down notes on it.

So, provided Mrs. Piper can insure that Mrs. Sparks' requirements were complied with, the backup singers were a lock. Danielle was going to call Tracey later and see if she and Fallon could meet with her and Mrs. Piper tonight.

Joanne offered to drive them, so that just left Mike and Jerry.

A little timidly, Mike asked if he could tag along with them to their meeting with Tracey and Mrs. Piper, which started another round of good-natured ribbing, this time with Mike - with the implication that he was sweet on Tracey.

It ended with Jerry tagging along as well, which meant things were set for everyone.

That was a relief, because that meant everyone was distracted from what everyone already knew of Nikki's and my plans.

After classes, to keep up the flimsy pretense, Mel rode with Nikki and me, and Morgan went home on his bike, where I supposedly was to follow. And the rest of the gang, plus Fallon, went on to Mrs. Piper's. Hmmm. Looks like we have another new member for our not-so-little gang.

to be continued...

 

up
308 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another great chapter

Bobbie thanks again for another great chapter.

Ok, I give up...

I keep waiting for a bad or even slightly off chapter, but each new one seems better than the last. You are an amazingly talented author, thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful universe and these crazy kids who populate it. God bless. ^_^ T.

I am a Proud mostly Native American woman. I am bi-polar. I am married, and mother to three boys. I hope we can be friends.

Heels

Ugh. I only have one style of pump that is even remotely comfortable in 2.5 inch heels.

With flat feet, square toes more suited to a round toe box and slightly different arch length between them it is hard to find comfort.

Don’t get me started with 4 inch heels.

Plus having US size 9s for my roughly 170cm height is not my first choice either.

I'm a size 8

bobbie-c's picture

I myself am a Size 8, which is roughly equivalent to a size 6 in men's sizes. But then, I am fairly short, so my feet are just the appropriate size, I believe.

Being a size 9 is pretty petite, and is an easy size to find.

I've found the trick to wearing high heels is to try to sit down at every opportunity, and relax your feet. You can't stop your feet from pointing down, especially if you are wearing strappy heels since they're very close-fitting, and the straps would be pretty firmly buckled/tied around your ankles or legs, but you can, at least, relax your feet.

While sitting down, you can also stretch your legs in front of you, conveniently hiding this seemingly-rude action under the table, instead of keeping your legs underneath your chair - that removes even more pressure from your pointing-down feet. (I'm sure many would agree stretching your legs out while sitting as opposed to bending your knees is very relaxing to the calves and ankles)

But, if you can't as is often the case (because it might look rude if you did, for example), try putting your legs to the side - not as relaxing as having them stretched in front of you, but more relaxing than having your feet under you, or having your shoes flat on the floor. Plus it makes you look elegant, especially if you're wearing a short skirt or a long one with a slit on the side.

But if you're crossing your legs, you can let your supporting leg be bent to the side and sticking outward somewhat. That way, you can relax your feet. Of course, the top leg would be the most relaxed. So you can switch legs from time to time. Switching legs brings attention to them, so be sure your legs are looking good. lol.

But if you can't stand it anymore, you can always make some excuse, and go to the bathroom, find a stall and take them off for five minutes or so (on this particular occasion, you can take advantage of women's reputations for taking so long in the bathroom). Be warned, though - putting them back on may be problematic.

And you can also take some ibuprofen. Advil comes to mind...

But it's all about getting your feet used to them. I used to wear high heeled wedge flip flops and sandals around the apartment, and I made sure to find the ones with the highest heel. I just slip them off if I find them starting to become painful. I even wore them to bed a few times, but I found that doesn't really work because you'd just end up unconsciously slipping them off when you fall asleep.

You can buy high-heeled flip flops from the net if you find shopping for them a little awkward.

I'm no podiatrist, so I may be giving you bad advice - people were not really meant to wear high heels. But I'm sure if you do it with deliberation, practice and only do it occasionally, I think it'd be okay.

A final word of advice, try not to wear stockings or hose with high heels - maneuvering in them is already a chore so wearing nylons would just make your feet slip and slide in them (unless you have those anti-slip thingies inside the shoe), making the likelihood of a slip or a fall higher.

Also, don't wear long skirts that drag on the floor. If you have to wear long skirts, make sure they're not so long that they touch the floor. Even then, be extra careful when climbing stairs or a ramp or something. That way, you avoid tripping.

If you're in a fancy event, and are wearing a long evening gown... well, for me, looking good is important, so I guess you just have to be careful. lol.

Also, as many will tell you, if you're wearing long skirts, you might as well avoid heels altogether (unless your skirt has a really long slit that allows people a peek at your legs): your legs in heels are meant to be seen, so if they're hidden anyway, why not wear something comfortable?

Heels, of course, make you look taller, and make you walk and stand in that stereotypical way that make women look sexy. But! You can still stand, and walk, sexily even without heels, and you can wear platforms with your long skirt if you want to be taller.

Anyway - just a couple of opinions. No need to for any arguments.

 

beauty hurts

Now there's a great treatise on wearing heels.

You could always ask Angharad, she's a podiatrist.

You might be interested...

bobbie-c's picture

Thank you, Karen.

If you liked that, you can always read my "Working Girl" blogs:
https://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/book/19261/working-girl-blogs

It's full of little nuggets of wisdom. Mine, in fact. Hmmm... Maybe not "wisdom," then. Heehee.

But it's definitely full of stuff just like what you read. You might want to take a look: about clothes, makeup, et cetera.

But that old blog's not just about these superficial things - It's more about my pov about life, and learning to live right inside my own skin, and my day-to-day stuff as I learned to live in the gender I believed I was supposed to be in.

Anyway, I thought you might be interested...

 

Where is the psychiatrist?

Jamie Lee's picture

Sure hope Nikki knows what she's doing, spending the night with Danny and if she does what Danny thinks, dressing him as a girl.

What everyone doesn't take into consideration is that while Danny looks like a girl, he sees himself as a boy. He acknowledges he looks like a girl, that girl clothing fits him better and feels better. But in his mind he's a boy.

Speaking of which, with the way Danny has been thinking around in a circle, where's his psychiatrist during all this? What he's feeling, all of his questions, and how he's perceived needs taken to his psychiatrist to help him sort out.

Sure hope his folks don't have to contact him because of an emergency. 'Cause they will be sooo busted.

Others have feelings too.