Pen Pals : 3

Printer-friendly version

Pen Pals
by John in Wauwatosa
of the Pen Pal Continuum

Um, Hi, I’m Ginanna Sachs and I just turned twenty-two. My family name is German, I think, or French, it all depends on where the border was at the time great-great grandpa Sachs emigrated. My name is a combination of Mom’s favorite great aunts, Gina and Anna, both immigrants from Italy, Sicily to be exact.

I’m taking INF169 to complete my non-degree electives requirement for graduation. If my oral defense of my thesis goes well I expect to receive my doctorate in organic chemistry this December. That right, I said doctorate. Ms. Willhuite said to describe ourselves to each other so here goes. I mean I simply HAVE to tell somebody only keep it to yourself, GOT IT?

Sorry I *shouted* net-etiquette wise but I am so mad I had to take this on-line course, no offence meant to you, Ms Willhuite, or the institution, instead of at my university. It makes me so angry... just today I was walking across campus minding my own business when this guy come up from behind and pinches my butt. Then he tries to feel me up WHILE his girlfriend eggs him on. And don’t say, ‘Well, you must have tried to steal her boyfriend, slut!’ I swear, I didn’t even know the couple! Plus I am not that kind of a girl.

I’d best explain. I... I was a *late* developer. I was sixteen and in my senior year of high school when I first menstruated; I’d skipped a couple grades early in school. I was four-foot-nine, eight-five pounds and built like a stick. And yes, I was and I still am a science geek, more properly a geekette I suppose. Want to make something of it? I never had a date in school, except for this one prank someone tried to pull for prom but … that’s another story.

By the time I entered college at eighteen, I took a year off to *find* myself, I had filled out... a lot. I was five-foot eight, one-hundred and twenty-five pounds and built like a brick sh... I got offers to model. Ads I did for a local department store chain helped pay for most of my college, that and my scholarships. I stopped growing, for the most part, at twenty. I am now a five-foot eleven, one-hundred and thirty pound babe. Think of Sophia Loren at that age but better, honest! People keep asking me if I’m a Playboy model, that’s how good looking I am. I’ll send a photo someday if you like. I finally got asked out on dates, lots of them, by attractive men and a few even more attractive women and I loved it.

'So why is Ms Brunette-bombshell so bitter?' you’re asking yourselves, or is that self? Because it all went to hell a year ago, thank god few ever bother me in the research labs. What is it with people that they think an attractive young woman with long legs and large breasts is a slut? I can’t help it if I inherited my Italian ancestors lush frames and my great aunt Agatha’s statuesque height. Agatha is another pet peeve of mine. It’s my middle name; Stormy, you have my condolences. Once the kids in grade school learned my initials were G A S you can imagine what life was like for Ms Stinky, Smelly Sack, Gina McGassy … You get the picture. And all because my great aunt was loaded and my parents figured if they named me for her she’d... I HATE MY F***ING PARENTS!

Getting back to why I HATE my name. When I got to college, no one knew me. I dropped the middle initial and went by Gina or Ginanna mostly. I preferred Ginanna as it sounded sexy, almost exotic. I got dates, was admired, even envied and it was heaven, not that I rubbed it in of course. Then a year ago I started getting strange looks from other students. Some would be talking and stop suddenly when I passed, and start up right after. I had insults muttered at me and disgusting notes left where I would find them describing in lured details what the pervert wanted to do with me.

Sorry to vent like this but, I have issues.

Ginanna Agatha Sachs

P.S. Did you know there are at least two current, popular porn actresses who go by the name Ginanna and I look like one of them, even down to my hair color, except I’m taller. And she does EVERYTHING for the camera.

P.P.S. Did I tell you I hate my G. d. parents?

* * * *

No Italians or Sicilians were hurt in the making of this story though many small furry animals...

Ignore that last bit, okay?

up
46 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Quirky But Good

Hi John,

I know most of us have been kept off balance by the Pen Pals tales so far but I really liked your contribution. I loved the slightly scattered rant and hope that you will get back to us with more of Ms Sach's story.

Kindest regards,
talonx

Some of my best stuff is quirky

I have a strange view of things at times.

More to come. Not sure were this is heading but what the heck.

Gianna first appeared the other day as part of a comment I left on SueBrown's What do I do Next thread.

>>
Um, Ms SueBrown, I'm Ginanna Sachs, I'm in this online writing class with Stormy and Snowy and a few others and I think your stories are good, no, they are great. Plus none of your characters has a really STUPID name like my G**d*** f***ing parents ... Um, ignor that last bit.

Ginanna Agatha Sachs

>>

As Ginanna herself said, she has issues.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. I may have another chapter of Timeout up in a couple days.

John in Wauwatosa

Plan Aint Got No Plan

Hey John,

You've got a wild wonderful charachter here with quirkyness to spare, a unlimited supply of blank paper and a sense of humour that howles. Lets roll out and go see some new places. I have it on good authority that this is how Angharad started her small cycling tale.

Kindest regards,
talonx

Continuum? CONTINUUM!

How DARE you use that word to describe such a sorry, well, rabble really! Why, we of the Q have used it to describe ourselves since before your miserable little speck of dust was more tha---

*Transmission terminated by Starfleet Command*

Wha? Fits of outrage!

You fleshy little lump, you have the audacity to talk back to ME? Me! With a brain the size of a planet- oops, wrong Sci Fi!

This is turning out very interesting so far, though I'm wondering where the requisite TG element comes in.

Melanie E.

ICR: from Stormy

I hate to burst your bubble, but I actually LIKE my middle name. Sorry you don't like it so much. My middle name was chosen to reflect my Maternal grandmother, and my first name my Paternal grandmother. Unfortunately, you can't set the nickname your family and friends hang you with. But I've gotten so accustomed to it now, I even introduce myself as, 'Stormy,' y'know?

Interesting John,

Yes, that girl does have a few axes to grind. I really liked that last part about Italians and Sicilians and small fury animals.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Names

Not enough parents consider their kids initials. I knew a girl at high school named Vanessa Drake. Yes she had a hard time with the jokes. For the young ones Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) use to be called Venereal Diseases (VD). I suppose Stephani Theresa Drake gets teased now. HS kids can be so cruel. I guess Reginald Archibald Napoleon Montgomery (not real last name) got teased too

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

It Always Bugs Me

jengrl's picture

It always bugs me when celebrities name their babies. They claim to want to be unique, but they fail to think about the hell they will subject their child to in the future. Kids are really cruel when they see someone different. These parents should think about that. Sadly, too many don't! Julia Roberts and Gwyneth Paltrow sure didn't!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Think of Frank Zappa's kids

Dweezil, Moon Unit and Ahmet.

Actually, GAS was a classmate of my Dad back in Tichigan and Waterford schools. Poor George. Dad remembered and was very careful about giving us kids excessively trendy names or ones with bad nicknames or that spelled embarasing things. Thus were were AIB -- my late older sister --, JLB -- me -- and BEB -- AKA the evil blonde, my younger sister --. Ann, John and Barbara are classic names and the initials aren't bad.

Ginanna's *email* is a two parter, she still hasn't finished her introduction but then she did get sidetracked a bit. She's not a happy camper.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

You forgot ...

erin's picture

... Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen Zappa, the baby of the family. :)

Dweezil's name on his birth certificate was Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa but he had it legally changed to Dweezil. I suppose if your dad is Frank Zappa, you would expect to have a weird name. :)

My initials are JEM and I love them. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Zappa did greatly admire the muffin

He did several songs about them.

But not cupcakes.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I like your type of issues

Thanks for a humorous quirky enjoyable read.Amy